Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. (1049 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan / Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
OPEN LETTER TO THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR (Babatunde Raji Fashola)

Dear Governor,

I have had the displeasure of convincing friends, colleagues and fellow residents of Lagos that you have a copy of the map of Lagos state in your office and another one in your bedroom.
I’ve tried hard to make them see reason that for proper planning to be carried out in a city as densely populated and as big as Lagos is all the nooks and crannies of the city have to be considered to ensure even development and further make the dream of a mega city possible.

However, I’m at a loss to what your plans are concerning certain parts of the State.
The Araromi Ifelodun local government area which houses Iyana-Ipaja,Egbeda,Shasha,Ejigbo,Ikotun, Igando etc.
Those areas have since suffered neglect in both your tenure as Governor to date
Compared to Surulere,Yaba, Lekki and environs our roads can be likened to village farm paths.
Our link roads are so narrow we virtually reside in traffic on our ways to and from work.

We get to see poverty at its peak when the local train passes by Ikeja between 6.30 pm and 7 o clock in the evenings with hundreds of overzealous youths perched on every part of the locomotive except the wheels.
On their way from work to lie their heads in their different humble abodes where the landlords have sworn not to heed the tenancy law you promulgated over a year ago.

As if interruptions in electricity and lack of pipe borne water are not enough, we face the hardship of traffic on our roads on a daily basis.
Same roads we remit taxes for on a monthly basis to the coffers of the state.
Those roads were built during the military junta the same junta we’ve never ceased to castigate.
Motorists all throng back to meet at the same Dopemu Bridge twelve hours later at a bottleneck caused by the narrow entrance of the bridge.
A bridge that can easily be expanded with a month’s remittance from taxpayer’s money
I mean only taxpayers who are residents of Alimosho Local government area.

We’ve sought solace in generators due to the lack of constant electricity and we’ve dug boreholes to provide water since the state cannot make the water available.
The roads shouldn’t pose a problem as we’ve provided 80% of our needs yet we pay for services we don’t enjoy.
We pay double the price for fuel for our cars (since we reside in traffic) and generators yet part with exorbitant sums to PHCN for holding power throughout the month yet we refuse to complain.

Please BRF, the Dopemu bridge is one barrier too many.
We cannot expand it on our own so also all the roads that lead out of Egbeda.
We need your help to reawaken our hopes in this democracy.

As Nigerians, we have a right to long life too
A right to basic amenities
A right to be heard and;
To be served.

Eko o ni baje o.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
May be you guys don't pay tax in your area. He can't use other tax payers money to develop your own side.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by Tedpgrass: 9:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
To Op

Well done sir....
Hope this makes it to BRF.

I'LL use this opportunity to highlight the recurrent flooding difficulties faced by the residents of the Akoka Community/ Morounfolu roads extending to the Ilaje waterfront.

Extensive flooding from the Lagoon has become perpetually a major problem. This occurs despite community and personal efforts to sort out drainage issues.

A problem which occurred every 5-7 years previously, now features even during the Harmattan season.

To the op, many thanks for letting me on ur post.

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by MrGlobe(m): 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
Fashola is just a fraud, he will pass your letter to Tinubu for further directions

1 Like

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by coogar: 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2013
Mr. Globe:
Fashola is just a fraud, he will pass your letter to Tinubu for further directions

do you get paid for being a troll everyday of your life? you don't have to contribute to everything that has fashola attached to it. you need to grow up!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by MrGlobe(m): 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
coogar:

do you get paid for being a troll everyday of your life? you don't have to contribute to everything that has fashola attached to it. you need to grow up!
Coming from a certified troll who cannot tell his left from his right. Think I'll pass.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by coogar: 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Coming from a certified troll who cannot tell his left from his right. Think I'll pass.

you have close to 3000 comments and none of them makes any sense. you weren't born stüpid or were you?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by emmatok(m): 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
@op those areas you mentioned should be in Alimoso .
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by MrGlobe(m): 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
coogar:

you have close to 3000 comments and none of them makes any sense. you weren't born stüpid or were you?
You mean you read from number 1 to 3000th comment without finding any sense and you kept reading all through? You see why everybody on nairaland refers to you as a troll and rretard. get a life you dumbass.

1 Like

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by Paschal360: 10:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
You sHould pack your bags and go back to your erosion riddeN villages.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by mybad: 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2013
You should pack your bags and go back to your erosion riddeN villages.
You need to understand that we have good reasons for being here.

@op those areas you mentioned should be in Alimoso
Yes, most of them are.

Well done sir....
Hope this makes it to BRF.
It should, if it makes it to front page...MODS!
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by theripper2: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2013
Hope the complainants are Yorubas or else the perpetual cocksuckers of Tinubu and Fashola would refer u to ur villages. I kinda feel ur plight too, I visit some of these areas myself.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by mybad: 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2013
the_ripper2: Hope the complainants are Yorubas or else the perpetual cocksuckers of Tinubu and Fashola would refer u to ur villages. I kinda feel ur plight too, I visit some of these areas myself.

It is hoped that Fashola is a listener.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 08, 2013
mybad:

It is hoped that Fashola is a listener.

@mybad: I hope so too!
Thanks for having my back all the way.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by dapachez: 6:32am On Apr 08, 2013
From akowonjo to shasha as well as from akowonjo to egbeda the roads aint narrow at all,if you say the interlinking roads are narrow I won't argue with you but you must give kudos to the government that this roads have been fixed up no too long ago. Even from shasha through orisunmbare to ejigbo the road is very ok.I know all this route well cos I stayed in shasha for over 5years. The dopemu bridge issue is another matter,that bridge is damn old I don't think expanding it is the issue but building a new one should be the best option. For ipaja I dunno why the project is so slow,it baffles me the real snail speed the road is been fixed up,if you go there in dry season the dust is something else and in the rainy season hmmmm the mud is terrible. There is this other link road from agege to ikeja you can also link dopemu from it around where those hausas stay(omotayo hospital is a good marker there) that drainage has been on for 4 year no headway,one aboki fell at night into it about 2 years ago and lost his life. I think that contract should ne revoked or do people not monitor them.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by dapachez: 6:42am On Apr 08, 2013
@OP the traffic at that dopemu bridge is more than hell,from like 5.30pm to 9pm most times its worse that a bottle neck sef,movement is just standstill and the impatience of some motorist even makes the issue worse infact from ikeja to shasha could take approximately 5 hours(distance of a trip from benin to lagos),it gets worse when cars break down or when there is an accident it could be so frustrating then the almighty obstacle dopemu bridge awaits damn.okada used to be an option for most of us to beat the traffic though atimes the traffic could be so bad okada can seldom go through and now with the ban,its a different ball game. I am so happy I left lasgidi and its mad traffic
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by takedat(m): 7:17am On Apr 08, 2013
@Op, God bless you. The Dopemu bridge doesn't need expansion, rather the government should build a new one. About the narrow roads esp. Akowonjo road, I imagine how many structures(residential buildings, malls, banks etc) will have to go for it. The fear of litigation/compensation is enough to deter any government from expanding that road! I hope Fashola listens to our plea!
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by omenka(m): 7:21am On Apr 08, 2013
I hope this gets to Fashola. I heard he's a good listener.

I feel the pain of the OP. It can realy be depressing living under such conditions. But even more sadly, this is what a great majority of Nigerians across the country face due to the ineptitude and redundancy of the federal govt.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by mybad: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
omenka: I hope this gets to Fashola. I heard he's a good listener.

I feel the pain of the OP. It can realy be depressing living under such conditions. But even more sadly, this is what a great majority of Nigerians across the country face due to the ineptitude and redundancy of the federal govt.

God bless Nigeria.

That bridge is Fashola's responsibility not Jona's
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by ikeyman00(m): 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
@@@@

Fashola should be building strong tarred road naw
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
After 14yrs of ACN rule and 6yrs of Fashola the "performer" performance? Incredible! What do they even do with N30billion Lagos monthly revenue?

I can see the ACN e-warriors all pleading for patience, understanding and some appealing to the listening ears of something. Incredible! It appears the URGENCY in project delivery only applies to the federal govt. This is the foul smelling HYPOCRISY that is the hallmark of anonymous ACN internet rats and cockroaches.

The latest is that even the "powerful" one and the "performer" cannot face the electorate in an election. They have resorted to IMMORAL and EVIL schemings of tenure elongation for local govt chairmen.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by OmoTier1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: After 14yrs of ACN rule and 6yrs of Fashola the "performer" performance? Incredible! What do they even do with N30billion Lagos monthly revenue?

I can see the ACN e-warriors all pleading for patience, understanding and some appealing to the listening ears of something. Incredible! It appears the URGENCY in project delivery only applies to the federal govt. This is the foul smelling HYPOCRISY that is the hallmark of anonymous ACN internet rats and cockroaches.

The latest is that even the "powerful" one and the "performer" cannot face the electorate in an election. They have resorted to IMMORAL and EVIL schemings of tenure elongation for local govt chairmen.
Your mumu never do How many bridges has your GEJ constructed in South-South? How many? An ingrate who calls himself a medical doctor that trades on illegals to Equatorial Guinea come on NL to spew rubbish about Lagos.

Those that live and own properties in Lagos know the Lagos State government have taken bold step in reconstructing several roads in several parts of Lagos State.

The fact remains that all roads cannot be constructed in one go and the ones that have received attention so far have been selected based on their huge daily traffic and their scale of economic impact on Lagos.

Your GEJ has been in power since 2010 and Nigerians and we in South-South in particular are yet to feel His presence on roads. I dare to name the roads and bridges with pictures GEJ have constructed in South-South alone and let me disgrace you with several Lagos has carried out that have impacted on the lives of the ordinary man.

1 Like

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2013
The plain truth is that the state revenue isn't efficiently utilized.
No state in Nigeria can beat it's chest for earning half what Lagos State earns outside monthly allocation.
When E-tax has put paid to tax evasion and avoidance.Industries are really thriving well in Lagos state and so are the taxes they remit to the State coffers.

Beautification of parks, round about and walkways have gulped more money than they should and they will continue to gulp more money for maintenance than the roads they beautify.
These works are outsourced mostly to known local contractors as gratification for political favors and as such the contractors rake in triple the amounts they spend making them.

Government officials also benefit from the flowers you see adorning the roads.
The bitter pill is not the beautification project but the fact that we will continue to see more flowers than good roads except the state government finds a way of misappropriating public funds from road projects and expansions.
This pill is one that's quite hard to swallow and until the hypocrisy in the ACN camp is put to a stop we may continue to endure it.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by barakah(m): 10:35am On Apr 17, 2013
ijapa888:

This pill is one that's quite hard to swallow and until the hypocrisy in the ACN camp is put to a stop we may continue to endure it.

OP is right but there are other roads that Fashola needs to quickly work on as a matter of urgency.
Ayobo road for instance,Ipaja road linking Abesan estate etc.

The inhabitants of those areas also use the Dopemu bridge while leaving Egbeda for Ikeja and environs.

It takes more than just sitting in an office at Alausa to be called Governor.
It takes a leader that listens to the yearnings of all his people and one who works towards the even development of his geographical area of jurisdiction.
Why vie for or take up political positions if you can't show the "duty of care"?
It goes a long way in proving that behind all the English and packaging, there's a strong element of hypocrisy.
One wonders why some areas are getting all the attention while other areas are just left for ruin.
There's more than what meets the ordinary eye.

1 Like

Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by mybad: 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
cry Another three hours this morning.
May God help us.
Re: Fashola! Please Stop Neglecting Our Situation. by juman(m): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2013
Good roads are enough beatification themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Who Predicted Madrid Barca Final Said He Was Joking / APC, Answer To Nigeria’s Problems — Aregbesola / (CDHR) In Lagos Has Condemned The Actions Of APC Led Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.