Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... (3450 Views)

This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. / Is A Lil Fear Really That Bad In Parenting? / Video Of A Lil Girl Who Heard Her Parents Making Love, She Innocently Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 11:58am On Apr 08, 2013
Hi people hope everyone is well and good.This post might come across as a bit of a rant grin and i agree it is cos i just needed to vent.

I have this house guest from Nigeria,she is a distant cousin and is stopping by in London on her to way to Turkey to shop for business as she owns a boutique in Lagos.She is a nice person but my grouse is her constant comparison to her'perfect' life in Lagos.Sheesh she is really begginning to get on my nerves.Hubby is not really as diplomatic as i am and yesterday they got into an argument on whether having an underage housegirl is slavery or not(pls am not having that argument abegi its been overflogged on NL cool).

I normally love having houseguests but she is begginning to irritate me.Lil snide comments like,

"Gosh you are trying o coping with two under fives and no househelp".

"See if it was in Lagos you will get someone to go pick that up for you"

"Gosh this train wahala in this your london,in Lagos my driver takes me everywhere"

"I cant remember when last i parked"

"Do you and O have a life like this,seems you guys just live for this kids"

"God i really pity you this UK peeps"

"I have a nanny,housegirl,driver,washman and am still stressed how are you doing it?"

" This DIY life kills marriage"

"Cant you get a Nanny.I cant imagine having to deal with my kids all on my own or my hubby washing plates or changing diapers"

My hubby sometimes answers i have to help.cos child slavery is not allowed here shocked.She is my cousin and i am begging hubby to pls censor his tongue cos its not nice to make your guests feel.unwelcome.BUT she is beggining to annoy me.Hubby is even more irritated cos he knows her hubby is a political appointee to a governor.I am.not complaining about my life and i have learnt to multitask(i wont lie sometimes i wish i had domestic help)But must she rub it in

And thats even me that i dont mind paying for peace of mind.I buy my groceries online £5 is so worth the hassle of pushing trolleys round tesco.We take our shirts to the laundry cos me and hubby both hate ironing.Its not like i am stressed but this girl just likes making unnecessary comparisons.Also sooo unhelpful.I dont mind cleaning.but abeg i have two lil kids i dont need to be cleaning up .after an adult when i dont even clean up like that after my husband.I get you dont wash plates at home but is a mug and plate you ate toast in too much to wash?Gosh

She leaves on wednesday cant wait cos na me dey beg hubby to watch his tongue embarassed

Rant over. grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by coogar: 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
if life is so good for her, she should be at waldorf astoria or ritz paying £400 per night! i don't even bother myself with people like that. once they start puffing their chests, i punish them. you want to prove you have money, follow me to selfridges then and buy that £70,000 laptop. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
coogar: if life is so good for her, she should be at waldorf astoria or ritz paying £400 per night! i don't even bother myself with people like that. once they start puffing their chests, i punish them. you want to prove you have money, follow me to selfridges then and buy that £70,000 laptop. grin
Yeah! I think OP should take her shopping. grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
coogar: if life is so good for her, she should be at waldorf astoria or ritz paying £400 per night! i don't even bother myself with people like that. once they start puffing their chests, i punish them. you want to prove you have money, follow me to selfridges then and buy that £70,000 laptop. grin

Thank you! My exact thoughts.

Damiso, this your houseguest is an eejiot and it is a sin to suffer fools gladly. Let your hubby tell her some home truths abeg!

1 Like

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2013

Coogar you and my hubby are so wicked.He said the same thing that next time he is sure Claridges are not closed for business.Or even Premier Inn grin
Though she said she was going to stay in a hotel cos her friend she normally stays with is in Nigeria.I was like haba you can stay with me now its just for 7 days.Hubby was like see yourself now you and your always volunteering to help.If it was him,he would have given her hotels.com. or last minute.com.website to check out.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
^ So are just lying on your bed now! Na real see yourself now! grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by coogar: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
damiso:
Coogar you and my hubby are so wicked.He said the same thing that next time he is sure Claridges are not closed for business.Or even Premier Inn grin
Though she said she was going to stay in a hotel cos her friend she normally stays with is in Nigeria.I was like haba you can stay with me now its just for 7 days.Hubby was like see yourself now you and your always volunteering to help.If it was him,he would have given her hotels.com. or last minute.com.website to check out.

7 days of horrorcore....
these visitors forget the cost of living in the UK is very high. comparing having housemaids who earn an equivalent of £60/month to au pair that would likely net £1200 per month is ridiculous. you are too nice - your nickname should be mamma-nice. i would have driven her down to picadilly and lodge her at ritz.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
[quote author=naijababe]^ So are just lying on your bed now! Na real see yourself now! grin[/quot

Sis haba now what was i meant to say?We were chatting on whatsapp and she was like am meant to be in London next week but my friend i stay with is in Naija(now am thinking friend gave bobo grin) do you know price range of hotels in the central london area?She is my cousin now and it was just for 7 days.We used to hang out alot in Naija so i thought no problem its not like its a long visit and its just her.I no be typical britico like hubby now.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by baby124: 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
If she was so well off, she would be shopping for he boutique in London. Besides the life of having help is overrated! What is so great about strangers running around your house all day, no privacy. And most times you are busy barricading yourself in your house out of fear that they will rob you blind if given an inch. She is an empty barrel. Being that there is nothing special about having a driver, nany, and other house staff in Nigeria. She can't also afford to do without it, in Nigeria where the basic nessesities are missing. By the way, Damiso, you've been MIA for a bit. wink
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
baby_123: If she was so well off, she would be shopping for he boutique in London. Besides the life of having help is overrated! What is so great about strangers running around your house all day, no privacy. And most times you are busy barricading yourself in your house out of fear that they will rob you blind if given an inch. She is an empty barrel. Being that there is nothing special about having a driver, nany, and other house staff in Nigeria. She can't also afford to do without it, in Nigeria where the basic nessesities are missing. By the way, Damiso, you've been MIA for a bit. wink

Sis its adult education things o grin.I cant even remember the last time i watched tv.Good for me though i was beggining to get addicted to NL and some tv programmes.I will be popping in more now,mumsi arrives next week so i get a 3 week breather.Yay.

She actually used to shop for her boutique in the Uk but she says profit margin is higher in Turkey undecided.I know what you mean we grew with loads of help and its not like my family was rich
I think its just that middle class orientation in Nigeria for some people that you cant raise kids without domestic help.I know people here in the Uk who brought in helps from Nigeria(Hubby calls it slavery esp as they sometimes barr this kids fro outside interaction so as not to be 'taught 'rubbish).Even my mum suggested she it to convince me to have a 3rd child cheesy
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by baby124: 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2013
damiso:

Sis its adult education things o grin.I cant even remember the last time i watched tv.Good for me though i was beggining to get addicted to NL and some tv programmes.I will be popping in more now,mumsi arrives next week so i get a 3 week breather.Yay.

She actually used to shop for her boutique in the Uk but she says profit margin is higher in Turkey undecided.I know what you mean we grew with loads of help and its not like my family was rich
I think its just that middle class orientation in Nigeria for some people that you cant raise kids without domestic help.I know people here in the Uk who brought in helps from Nigeria(Hubby calls it slavery esp as they sometimes barr this kids fro outside interaction so as not to be 'taught 'rubbish).Even my mum suggested she it to convince me to have a 3rd child cheesy

She's a shallow lady! Doesn't she see the standard of living is not on her level? If she tries it again, tell her a nanny in the UK = 6months to a year of her shop profit. She can bring the money if she's so disturbed. And besides, she needs to stop pointing out ridiculous things in your house. Yea, I suspect the friend must have blown her off. Talk about guest from nightmares. If she's so well off again, she won't go to turkey! She brought her I better pass you mentality, to your house. Not like she has never been to London.

My aunts used to take househelps for their daughters as early as the 90's. I really don't know what became of those househelps sef. Dem no fear sha! They can get into so much trouble. Am sure those aunts are still doing it. It shows how spoilt and lazy their daughters are. I mean, you have everything of convenience to make your life much easier!
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dami Your cousin is insane . . no two ways about it!
Trying to make your feel miserable when she secretly wishes for the life you have . .
I live in Nigeria and I've tried HHs and believe me, it's not a bed of roses. We've decided to tough it our on my own for as long as we can. My husband is a full fledged Nigerian (Igbo man for that matter) and he washes his dishes after meal, cooks and sweeps! It's stressful cos we both have full time jobs but it's 100% better than bringing in witches in the name of HHs!
She's very very ungrateful and I hope this is the last time you'll let her stay with you! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
Op sorry oh, its so so annoying sha , she will soon be gone. I'll just suggest that your husband should stop ans her, whenever she says her bs just say ok. When she sees that noone is minding her she'll shut up.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by biolabee(m): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
Such an ingrate

This is my problem with this nonsensical politicl people
When the appointment is over what will happen
Ijiot

Dear OP, please ignore you and OATT should have just ignored her
I live my life the way I want as long as you don't feed me

If you feed me now, that na different tori

Ish
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
Damiso.... all of those VGC/banana island/and co folks form when they visit just cause

One came over and started forming non stop grin... she ( and her hubby) ended up in hotel room when we were leaving for vaca , would've left the house keys for them ( not a big deal cos we do timeshare with strange families from different countries too) but hubby just couldn't stand them anymore.... thank Gawd they're not my family grin

On a serious note Dami, I'm not bothered by people of such pride.... All they do is rant rant and rant without a response from us and they get tired and zip it eventually grin.

Btw how your end...sun shinning yet?
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
@baby123..... I watched KKs marathon yesterday, I found a new discovery ..... Pineapple juice makes your Vag taste delicious.... Luckily I love pineapple juice, no wonder babè can't get enough cool

1 Like

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2013
steph7: Op sorry oh, its so so annoying sha , she will soon be gone. I'll just suggest that your husband should stop ans her, whenever she says her bs just say ok. When she sees that noone is minding her she'll shut up.

Do you think its easy to ignore? I am sure I even with my abundant tolerance and patience can ignore it.

I hate whiners like hell. Someone is helping you and you are here moaning How difficult London is, How their life sucks, How you are better in Nigeria, How cold it is, How you have to wake up early bla bla bla

Next time show them the way to the nearest Hotel so they can show how rich they are
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Pataki: 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2013
OP,

Your cousin is plain ignorant.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by biolabee(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2013
^^^
Pineapple tinz... cheesy

Parental Guidance adviced stenuously

LOL
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
Your cousin is rude and deliberately trying to irritate you. At best, she is plain lousy. If you cant do it yourself, please allow your husband unload on her next time she opens her dirty mouth to spew crap. Trust me it will put an end to her nonsense immediately.

1 Like

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Pataki: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
jidegirl12: @baby123..... I watched KKs marathon yesterday, I found a new discovery ..... Pineapple juice makes your Vag taste delicious.... Luckily I love pineapple juice, no wonder babè can't get enough cool

Recommend pineapple juice for your man as well. Every night trust me, it will be your late night juice you look forward to licking. cool
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
Biola actually that arrow wasn't meant for you.

@pineapple things .... and smells fruity too.. as per Khloe.K and hubby confirmed too wink
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pataki:

Recommend pineapple juice for your man as well. Every night trust me, it will be your late night juice you look forward to licking. cool

You try it and tell me what madam says wink
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by biolabee(m): 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
jidegirl12: Biola actually that arrow wasn't meant for you.

@pineapple things .... and smells fruity too.. as per Khloe.K and hubby confirmed too wink

It's alright
This pine apple thing seems to be gaining some traction
Fructose is good grin cheesy
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Pataki: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
jidegirl12:

You try it and tell me what madam says wink

She never allows one drop to slip away. wink

The secret to a man having sweet jeeeezz is to drink pineapple juice. cool Thank me later. cool
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by baby124: 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
jidegirl12: Biola actually that arrow wasn't meant for you.

I have known about that for a while. It makes the vyajayj sweet. wink. The miraculous thing is how you survived watching KK marathon without feeling like you just qualified for special school. Those people bore me. LOL. They are unbelievable.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pataki:

The secret to a man having sweet jeeeezz is to drink pineapple juice. cool Thank me later. cool

I'm making pineapple smoothie tonight and he MUST gulp everything.... I'll give you feedback. wink

Okay I'm done derailing... going back to work, payroll week!
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
baby_123:

I have known about that for a while. It makes the vyajayj sweet. wink. The miraculous thing is how you survived watching KK marathon without feeling like you just qualified for special school. Those people bore me. LOL. They are unbelievable.

They are my stylist...don't need to hire one.... Boy oh boy Disick is a duchè!
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by baby124: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
jidegirl12:

They are my stylist...don't need to hire one.... Boy oh boy Disick is a duchè!

Bigg as*s, very annoying guy. His look is annoying. And their mother is the biggest pi*mp, i dont know if she is a good role model. I dont know what to make of her. grin grin grin cheesy. She is more materialistic than kim. The brains behind who and what kim is becoming. I can imagine what she would do if she could swap with Kim. The rumour that Khloe was not kims father was just killed, i wonder if it is true. She does look very different from her siblings from Kim's father.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
Don't mind those people jare grin they're all acting. I'm not fooled one bit, I'm only interested in their styles that's all.

Disick is a curse for manhood... I mean that guy doesn't have a F***g life! grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by coogar: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pataki:

#sprinkles a bottle of holy water on this thread, levitates like a sorcerer and exorcises all the foul spirit in this zone#

in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by biolabee(m): 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
Amin Ashe

Domine Iesu, dimitte nobis debita nostra, salva nos ab igne inferiori, perduc in caelum omnes animas, praesertim eas, quae misericordiae tuae maxime indigent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Identical Twins With Different Colours (photos) / At What Age Did You Marry / Amazing! Man Meets His Exact Lookalike On A Plane (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.