Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... (3453 Views)

This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. / Is A Lil Fear Really That Bad In Parenting? / Video Of A Lil Girl Who Heard Her Parents Making Love, She Innocently Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pineapple juice! Noted.

1 Like

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
jidegirl12: @baby123..... I watched KKs marathon yesterday, I found a new discovery ..... Pineapple juice makes your Vag taste delicious.... Luckily I love pineapple juice, no wonder babè can't get enough cool

Jidegirl se wa,Sun dey form small though weather forecast predicts more cold towards the end of the week,imagine wearing winter jacket in April.SMH for british weather.

As per KK you will not believe who inducted me to guilty pleasure of the Kardashian clan,my alhaja mother grin.I just heard se e ni E mo fe wo awon Kardashian emi ati T ma wo every week(pls do you have E,i want to watch Kardashians me and T watch it every week) shocked.I was like mummy we dont watch IQ reducing things in this house.Sha watched it with her and been hooked,guilty pleasure grin

As per pineapple things thanks for the head up.I just dey learn new things this past week.We had a women conference in Church on saturday and i found out my pastor's wife patronises Ann Summers shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.I almost convulsed cos i could not picture her in that mode if ya know what i mean wink.The topic was along the lines of spicing up marriage and gosh i really thought peeps were holy.....

Madam don dey pack small small,helping her book a cab tomorrow cos there is no way in Hell am going to Heathrow on Wednesday.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
Double post
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Pataki: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
jidegirl12:

I'm making pineapple smoothie tonight and he MUST gulp everything.... I'll give you feedback. wink

Okay I'm done derailing... going back to work, payroll week!

Oh nooooo. It is not a one night thingy, especially if he is a tea or coffee addict or he takes regular medications. You have to make sure he is regularly drinking pineapple juice and before you know it.....you have your every night sweet jeeeezzzzz tonic. cool

And I hope you are aware that consistent seeping of this sweet juice gives an enlarged ikebe. Walai.....thank me later. cool
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Pataki: 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
coogar:

#sprinkles a bottle of holy water on this thread, levitates like a sorcerer and exorcises all the foul spirit in this zone#

in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte

Father Coogar the nun finisher.....
I SEE YOU! cool
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by honeric01(m): 3:09am On Apr 09, 2013
I don't fancy this family section, it's like a village square. all of una know una self reach house ni?
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by biolabee(m): 3:34am On Apr 09, 2013
honeric01: I don't fancy this family section, it's like a village square. all of una know una self reach house ni?

GBAM!!!

Sounds cabalic cheesy
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 09, 2013
OP, your cousin visited you and you are complaining and looking for where to rant off!

I wish I have like 5 of that your cousin with me now. She go work tire, next time she will go straight to a hotel without even informing me she is around. cheesy just kidding!

On a serious note, she is your cousin and since you guys were close those yrs, you should be able to know how to put her in her place and stop all these whining you are doing. If you don't like something, you say it!
What's wrong with telling her your piece of mind while enjoying the moment you have with her instead of waiting for Wednesday to come by.

Next time when she comes back, let her help in changing the kids diapers or make herself useful. If you don't know how to diplomatically do it, create a thread for it, am sure you will get answers.

On other story, what's up with this pineapple thing! When you have a Lott of things you can use instata to get the groove moving lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 09, 2013
damiso: Hi people hope everyone is well and good.This post might come across as a bit of a rant grin and i agree it is cos i just needed to vent.

I have this house guest from Nigeria,she is a distant cousin and is stopping by in London on her to way to Turkey to shop for business as she owns a boutique in Lagos.She is a nice person but my grouse is her constant comparison to her'perfect' life in Lagos.Sheesh she is really begginning to get on my nerves.Hubby is not really as diplomatic as i am and yesterday they got into an argument on whether having an underage housegirl is slavery or not(pls am not having that argument abegi its been overflogged on NL cool).

I normally love having houseguests but she is begginning to irritate me.Lil snide comments like,

"Gosh you are trying o coping with two under fives and no househelp".

"See if it was in Lagos you will get someone to go pick that up for you"

"Gosh this train wahala in this your london,in Lagos my driver takes me everywhere"

"I cant remember when last i parked"

"Do you and O have a life like this,seems you guys just live for this kids"

"God i really pity you this UK peeps"

"I have a nanny,housegirl,driver,washman and am still stressed how are you doing it?"

" This DIY life kills marriage"

"Cant you get a Nanny.I cant imagine having to deal with my kids all on my own or my hubby washing plates or changing diapers"

My hubby sometimes answers i have to help.cos child slavery is not allowed here shocked.She is my cousin and i am begging hubby to pls censor his tongue cos its not nice to make your guests feel.unwelcome.BUT she is beggining to annoy me.Hubby is even more irritated cos he knows her hubby is a political appointee to a governor.I am.not complaining about my life and i have learnt to multitask(i wont lie sometimes i wish i had domestic help)But must she rub it in

And thats even me that i dont mind paying for peace of mind.I buy my groceries online £5 is so worth the hassle of pushing trolleys round tesco.We take our shirts to the laundry cos me and hubby both hate ironing.Its not like i am stressed but this girl just likes making unnecessary comparisons.Also sooo unhelpful.I dont mind cleaning.but abeg i have two lil kids i dont need to be cleaning up .after an adult when i dont even clean up like that after my husband.I get you dont wash plates at home but is a mug and plate you ate toast in too much to wash?Gosh

She leaves on wednesday cant wait cos na me dey beg hubby to watch his tongue embarassed

Rant over. grin

Dont bother yourself and no need to feel jealous. You know why you live in the UK and I am sure you are pretty comfortable too. What she did not tell you is that some of those things she has in Nigeria are absolute necessities. Try driving yourself from Mainland to Island everyday and you will realise you need a driver. Most houses dont have washing machine and that is why they have washaman. Most houses dont have dish washers that is why you need help. Did she ask you why you dont have a generator? Life can be tough in Nigeria if you dont have help and lots of money. No light, sometimes no water, security issues, all sorts of house repairs, etc. There is a price to pay for everything. Abroad the price you pay is called taxes. At home you keep the cash to pay a nanny, gateman, washaman, driver, OPC, bribe police etc. It works out to almost the same thing.

Do not think you are missing much if anything. Nigerians just like to pose and form, I would not be surprised if your cousin flew the cheapest airline to come to London. I have had some guest who have done the same thing. They will even expect you to drop everything else you are doing just to attend to them. Something they will never do if you visit 9ja. Not everyone is like that but just a few I must say!
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 5:53am On Apr 09, 2013
Vikin: OP, your cousin visited you and you are complaining and looking for where to rant off!

I wish I have like 5 of that your cousin with me now. She go work tire, next time she will go straight to a hotel without even informing me she is around. cheesy just kidding!

On a serious note, she is your cousin and since you guys were close those yrs, you should be able to know how to put her in her place and stop all these whining you are doing. If you don't like something, you say it!
What's wrong with telling her your piece of mind while enjoying the moment you have with her instead of waiting for Wednesday to come by.

Next time when she comes back, let her help in changing the kids diapers or make herself useful. If you don't know how to diplomatically do it, create a thread for it, am sure you will get answers.

On other story, what's up with this pineapple thing! When you have a Lott of things you can use instata to get the groove moving lipsrsealed

I get your point about me telling her what i dont like,i have actually said to her how expensive it is to get an au pair,how i have a method and routine in place(which she has seen)to make life easy,how hubby helps to lessen the burden bla bla but in the end i just decided to say Ok i don hear abi ,i just dont think its nice to be replying her remarks when my husband is also giving sharp retorts.Its not nice to create an uncomfortable atmosphere for a guest as it might seem like we are ganging up on her.

Though i dont think she will come back,i think she finds hubby a tad bit tooo blunt.I dont know why he must have a retort to everything,last night's argument(on the back of Mrs Thatchers death) was how political office should not be a ticket to massive wealth like it is in Nigeria.I knew he was throwing veiled barbs and i kept shooting him dirty looks to keep his mouth shut.Believe me i think she also cant wait to leave grin.Who knows she might have a thread on NL somewhere ranting bout hubby. grin grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 6:06am On Apr 09, 2013
Nashville:

Dont bother yourself and no need to feel jealous. You know why you live in the UK and I am sure you are pretty comfortable too. What she did not tell you is that some of those things she has in Nigeria are absolute necessities. Try driving yourself from Mainland to Island everyday and you will realise you need a driver. Most houses dont have washing machine and that is why they have washaman. Life can be tough in Nigeria if you dont have help and lots of money. No light, sometimes no water, security issues, all sorts of house repairs, etc. There is a price to pay for everything. Abroad the price you pay is called taxes. At home you keep the cash to pay a nanny, gateman, washaman, driver, OPC, bribe police etc. It works out to almost the same thing.

Do not think you are missing much if anything. Nigerians just like to pose and form,

not be surprised if your cousin flew the cheapest airline to come to London. I have had some guest who have done the same thing. They will even expect you to drop everything else you are doing just to attend to them. Something they will never do if you visit 9ja. Not everyone is like that but just a few I must say!

Of course i have had some guests that i almost cried when they were leaving.And funny enough one of such is from a very very very wealthy background.A 20 yr old for that matter.Believe me rich or poor how you raise your kids matter.I am different from my husband in that way cos i was raised in a household where we always had people living with us so i dont mind having guests per se.I have been a house guest too and i know what is expected and how to behave so i guess its just a personal thing and not necessarily cos she lives in Nigeria.As Ujujoan said its not necessarily everyone who lives in Nigeria that believes in live in help.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by biolabee(m): 6:09am On Apr 09, 2013
Nashville:

Dont bother yourself and no need to feel jealous. You know why you live in the UK and I am sure you are pretty comfortable too. What she did not tell you is that some of those things she has in Nigeria are absolute necessities. Try driving yourself from Mainland to Island everyday and you will realise you need a driver. Most houses dont have washing machine and that is why they have washaman. Life can be tough in Nigeria if you dont have help and lots of money. No light, sometimes no water, security issues, all sorts of house repairs, etc. There is a price to pay for everything. Abroad the price you pay is called taxes. At home you keep the cash to pay a nanny, gateman, washaman, driver, OPC, bribe police etc. It works out to almost the same thing.

Do not think you are missing much if anything. Nigerians just like to pose and form, I would not be surprised if your cousin flew the cheapest airline to come to London. I have had some guest who have done the same thing. They will even expect you to drop everything else you are doing just to attend to them. Something they will never do if you visit 9ja. Not everyone is like that but just a few I must say!
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 09, 2013
damiso:

I get your point about me telling her what i dont like,i have actually said to her how expensive it is to get an au pair,how i have a method and routine in place(which she has seen)to make life easy,how hubby helps to lessen the burden bla bla but in the end i just decided to say Ok i don hear abi ,i just dont think its nice to be replying her remarks when my husband is also giving sharp retorts.Its not nice to create an uncomfortable atmosphere for a guest as it might seem like we are ganging up on her.

Though i dont think she will come back,i think she finds hubby a tad bit tooo blunt.I dont know why he must have a retort to everything,last night's argument(on the back of Mrs Thatchers death) was how political office should not be a ticket to massive wealth like it is in Nigeria.I knew he was throwing veiled barbs and i kept shooting him dirty looks to keep his mouth shut.Believe me i think she also cant wait to leave grin.Who knows she might have a thread on NL somewhere ranting bout hubby. grin grin

Your hubby may be blunt but he is in his house. I will never go to anybody's house and tell them what to or not to do. When I visit, I try to obey their rules and way of life. Even in my own brother or parent's house. I live abroad myself and can more than afford a live-in nanny but my wife and I decided against it. We dont want anyone living permanently with us - simple. It is our choice and nobody else's business. Dont let anyone make u feel inferior in your own home. There will always be a few wayward people, but you need to recognise how irrelevant they are - even if they are cousins!
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Do you think its easy to ignore? I am sure I even with my abundant tolerance and patience can ignore it.

I hate whiners like hell. Someone is helping you and you are here moaning How difficult London is, How their life sucks, How you are better in Nigeria, How cold it is, How you have to wake up early bla bla bla

Next time show them the way to the nearest Hotel so they can show how rich they are
its not easy , after this time op won't invite her again, but its easier to ignore than say something that may make their relationship tense. She is annoying but she is still family.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2013
@Damiso

She told you her friend she planned to stay with, is holidaying in Nigeria because she knew you wouldn't let her stay in hotel.

Such ungrateful people are not allowed into my home.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 10, 2013
coogar:

#sprinkles a bottle of holy water on this thread, levitates like a sorcerer and exorcises all the foul spirit in this zone#

in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Oh boy. After you're done exorcising, I need a blessing from you father, for I have sinned, a great deal.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Mayflowa(m): 12:51am On Apr 27, 2013
We are still waiting for Jide's report on pineaple.

1 Like

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 27, 2013
Mayflowa: We are still waiting for Jide's report on pineaple.

Lmao.... Honestly it tasted fruity and sweet .... I threw up after cos Pataki said it protrudes ikebe cheesy I don't want Ikebe oh cheesy

Good stuff wink
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
jidegirl12:

Lmao.... Honestly it tasted fruity and sweet .... I threw up after cos Pataki said it protrudes ikebe cheesy I don't want Ikebe oh cheesy

Good stuff wink

Now she fesses up angry To think that I have been dosing up every night on pineapple juice. If I end up with zuma yansh, I am suing you!
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
naijababe:

Now she fesses up angry To think that I have been dosing up every night on pineapple juice. If I end up with zuma yansh, I am suing you!

I had to fess up to give you my people heads up oh grin

Dosing on pineapple juice (akamu form) every night ?? shocked your mouth try oh. lipsrsealed

I'm not a fan of big yansh and so is my hubby , adds weight and you can't wear low cut jeans without flashing, neither can wear G-strings comfortably. grin

Dami I'm soo sorry for derailing this thread.... they made me do it grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by iv4real(f): 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
I had a friend of mine that came for holiday too. He went on bragging of his fantastic life in Nigeria.How he earns so much .How he can't imagine himself living in the UK. My dear i kept quiet all through. Time to shop, i took him to Selfridges. To even enter, im mind first cut. Then he started checking out price and said na wah oh, i told you i want to shop , you brought me to this kind of place. I said sorry , i thought you were very rich, na here rich people dey shop.My dear we finally ended up in cheaper shops. To me its just complex that makes people brag like dat. Your cousin is probably jeloused of your own life, hence always wanting to put ur life style down.

1 Like

Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by debwealth: 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
How can I forget the lady I was beg to accommodate whyl in my forma flat in SA....she nags at everytin!!
I asked her to share ward rope wt the lady staying in the other room and 'she started grumbling, 'in my father's house I control 4 wardrobes'
The next was wen she was to wait for me to finish bathing....'what is all these, in my room I have my own bath'
I was so irritated I answered her...did SA or Aril prevent u from bringing ur wardrobe and bath wen coming or who does not av a father's house.
This is a lady I met for the first time the day She arrived the country. A male friend brot her to me to pls let her stay for sometime, and if there was any action I still regret it was accommodating that lady cos she caused me a lot.
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 5:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
jidegirl12:

Good stuff wink

I already have ikebe so no problem for me in that regard grin(hubby loves the ikebe by the way wink wink)So am carrying on with the pineapple juice thingz,my fridge is filled with the stuff that hubby had to ask why are we no longer drinking apple or orange juice?Pls dont tell me you are pregnant cos thats when you switch and go crazy for one particular food grin grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by debwealth: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
By the way, ur topic doesn't go wt ur story or is it just me?
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by damiso(f): 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2013
debwealth: By the way, ur topic doesn't go wt ur story or is it just me?

It was a rant thread grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
damiso:

I already have ikebe so no problem for me in that regard grin(hubby loves the ikebe by the way wink wink)So am carrying on with the pineapple juice thingz,my fridge is filled with the stuff that hubby had to ask why are we no longer drinking apple or orange juice?Pls dont tell me you are pregnant cos thats when you switch and go crazy for one particular food grin grin

Lol ..... Abeg buy OJ and apple juice join for my brother oh grin

@Ikebethings easy there will ya grin
Re: Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... by debwealth: 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2013
damiso:

It was a rant thread grin

Issokay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing! Man Meets His Exact Lookalike On A Plane (Photos) / Meet Identical Twins With Different Colours (photos) / Pls Nairalanders, I Am In Dire Need Of A Job, Any Job Will Do For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.