Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Car Thieves Gone Digital! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Thieves Gone Digital! (30938 Views)

UPDATED: Heeeeelp With Car Gone Wild. / Why Are Thieves Always After The Toyota Brand? / Keyless Entry Systems Vulnerable To High-tech Car Thieves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Afritop(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
THERE SHOULD ALSO BE A DEVICE TO LOCK THE THIEF INSIDE THE CAR

1 Like

Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by playmode(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
@OP ,you are very lucky that the thieves are amateurs. The device they are using is called a car remote jammer and it comes in difference shapes and sizes.Next time it happens to you,call the police on the spot or notify people so that they can search those guys' car.I have attached some picture so you can know what some of the devices look like.

Read this article : http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/industry-news/remote-jamming-set-to-rise-1.1433108#.UWQdiZMy2So

Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Pennywise(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
Never a good Idea leaving valuables in the car. I am more concerned about someone breaking a car window to gain entry than electronic intercept.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by justokey(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
Is the op selling car security device or what... That and ignorance will be the only reasons for posting this. Check the link where it was copied. Says 30yrs ago MAYBE!.

kramer: Apparently this is garbage!! ... Its explained here

http://skepticdetective./2009/09/13/thirty-years-ago-maybe/

1 Like

Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
Nija una too much. Am even afraid of buyin my own car dis week bcus of dis news

Abegi
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Inoknowbook: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
I went straight to the police station, told them what had happened, and found out I was part of a new, and very successful, scheme being used to gain entry into parked cars.

You better redo your post before I call the cops on you! Why are you exposing your gang's strategy? grin grin grin
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
@Op, ever heard of Steering locker? Do that, and no thief will ever jack your car on a whim in your absence. Door locks doesn't work anymore, because as with anything electronics, it can be manipulated remotely.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by sonety2k(m): 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
Thanks for the Info.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by herquleez(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
I own 5 T90 main battle tanks, fool.

T90? You for real? Definitely not naija. Love that tank
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by ismokeweed1(f): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
souleymon:

Did this Happen in Nigeria ?

i seriously doubt it
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
herquleez:

T90? You for real? Definitely not naija. Love that tank

They only cost about 4 million bucks apiece. T-90 is cool, but I'll choose an M1A2 Abrams over a T-90 anyday. Let's just chill and see what the T-99 will be like. It should be ready within a decade. Nigeria has zero T-90's. We use T-55s and Vickers MK3s, I think. We need to upgrade our war machines ASAP.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by dammytosh: 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
Crap crap crap....

No iota of truth in the write up.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by kabba7(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
souleymon:

Did this Happen in Nigeria ?

Its good car owners are aware now of this . Its actually a very simple tech the software for it can be downloaded free into most multimedia cell phones .. I will advice for the use of manual locks when parking in areas you are not very comfortable with .
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by kabba7(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
dammytosh: Crap crap crap....

No iota of truth in the write up.

its no crap its a fact ! Don' dismiss the info
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Tundenoni(m): 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
Scarpon: thank god I have not gotten my car yet
u are tankin God u've nt gotten a car? Hmmmmm..ok o!
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by surveyProf(m): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
Lolz technology is improving on a daily basis, likewise the criminals too, are not left out, the era of master key has gone, where same keys can be used by criminals to open any car, now it is remote control, it is very possible for the criminal to produce a device to open any remote control car, have you ever wonder while people too can operate their televison sets, dvd, vcd etc with just one remote control? Reason is that it can be coded, using "remote sensor" and it can operate all eletronic device in the house. Same too can happen to any car remote control, a master-remote control can be coded, to recognize any wave length.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by nneh1(f): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
[quote author=CY09][i][color=#006600]Nice info, but as i never get car nko wetin i go do?. Then lock ur joy stick.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by gbagyiza: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ikenna351: Peugeot users, note that when you lock the door manually with ignition key, the Alarm will not alert anymore. Locking the doors with key remote activates or sets the internal and external protection. This is for Lion users that want to make use of siren/protection feature though.

Ikenna.
I always inform people of d advantage of peugeot new generation cars, dat d security system is inbuild in d ECU, so there4 it will be difficult for an intruder to hv acess to ur car except at gun point.dats y cases of stolen peugeot cars are very...very hard to hear.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
Why una wan give unaselves unnecessary hypertension. Always remove valuables from your car.
If any thief clones whatever on my car or even steals the car, i will gladly go back to the store i went to, get some cold drinks and call the insurance company. There's a reason they are chopping my money. Go Comprehensive and forget about all this wahala. If thief steal am, na insurance company buy am be that. SHikena

1 Like

Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by tellwisdom: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
You sped to the police station to report a crime and you couldnt bring them along with u, atleast from the arrest, pictures of the device would be on display for us to see. Most of these nigerians too daft.

See her mouth like, i sped...msheww undecided
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Nwogbe: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
Thks for this piece Op
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by hardbody: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
kayalla: I locked my car As I walked away I heard my car door unlock''.I went back and locked my car again three times.Each time, as soon as I started to walk away, I could hear it unlock again!! Naturally alarmed, I looked around and there were two men sitting in a car next to the Store. They were obviously watching me intently, and there seemed no doubt they were somehow involved in this very weird situation. I quickly abandoned my errand, jumped into my car and sped away. I went straight to the police station, told them what had happened, and found out I was part of a new, and very successful, scheme being used to gain entry into parked cars. Two weeks later, my friend's son had a similar experience...

W­hile traveling, he stopped at a motorway service area to use the toilet. When he came out to his car less than 5 minutes later, someone had managed to get into his car and had stolen his mobile phone, laptop computer, sat-nav, briefcase and other belongings. He called the police and since there were no signs of his car having been broken into, the police told him he had probably been a victim of the latest robbery tactic – there is a device that robbers are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your remote locking device. They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside the Store, restaurant, or whatever and that they now have a few minutes to steal and run.*

The police officer said always to lock your car manually with the key when parking in a public area. That way if there is someone sitting in a car nearby watching for their next victim, it will not be you. When you lock up with the key upon exiting, it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the remote button, it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be easily intercepted by the device.

This is very real. Be aware of what you just read and pls pass this information. Thanks

Thanks for the tip although out of carelessness, i have always misplaced and finally lost all my car remotes, so i simply use the key to lock. I no longer enjoy the comfort of 'keyless entry' but reading this now, it appears to be a blessing in disguise. While at it, make i go check ooo, i left a substantial amount in my car in the car park, BRB
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Ikenna351(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
gbagyiza: I always inform people of d advantage of peugeot new generation cars, dat d security system is inbuild in d ECU, so there4 it will be difficult for an intruder to hv acess to ur car except at gun point.dats y cases of stolen peugeot cars are very...very hard to hear.

Yes, you are right. The security code is not only coded into the Engine ECU, but the BSI unit. For every Lion produced from 1999, the BSI must first recognise the chip in the key fob before it would signal to the engine ECU to power fuel pump, send ground pulse to injectors and power coil packs. And the engine ECU is programmed to receive signal only from the BSI unit that have the same code from factory to run the engine.

The thing is, you cant start a '99 Lion upward without its coded key fob. The engine will crack when try with cloned or duplicated key, but it wont start. And several crank of engine with the wrong or fake could make the BSI unit to lock the engine ECU. Meaning the engine will not start again even when tried with the genuine key. The engine ECU will have to be unlocked with PP2000 (Peugeot Planet 2000).

Lions are turn off to thieves. How can you steal a car you can start with your fake key or software?

Ikenna.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by Fabiens(m): 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
[size=16pt]Its already proven above that this thread is chain mail. Why has everyone not acknowledged that? Read here, it is impossible for anyone to copy your car security codes! - http://skepticdetective./2009/09/13/thirty-years-ago-maybe/

research first, before spreading false news![/size]
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by davades(m): 10:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
CY09: Nice info, but as i never get car nko wetin i go do? undecided

Go eat ur neighbor's poo
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by toluxa1(m): 11:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
~ZN~:
This is False. The possibility of this happening is very slim.

Here's a bit of info on how Keyless Entry systems work these days.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/remote-entry2.htm

This would only be possible in the old days - say around 1970 when automatic entry devices were (literally) made up of a couple of transistors and a radio transmitter.

Oga we hsve read this in the other link. Why u comrvdey talk like say na u write am.
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by toluxa1(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
I own 5 T90 main battle tanks, fool.

Pics pls. Pretty sure you don't own 5. haba
Re: Car Thieves Gone Digital! by bakila: 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
baconline: I can authoritavely tell u that this is a lie and can never happen to a modern vehicle,it can only be done to d older model cars which have remotes with a fixed code,d modern car has a rolling code remote system dat changes every time it is pressed.I deal with remote systems and I say dat this can only happen to cars not younger than 18yrs
I think u are the liar sir. It has happened with a 2007 Honda Accord of a friend on a friday I can still remember which day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Showroom In Lagos Unveiled (photos) / Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) / The New Innoson Vehicles Acquired By The Nigerian Army (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.