Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (178890 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2008
h4x0r n07 h4(|{3r$. $0ƒ7 µn£0(|{ h4$ b33n 7r0µb£3 ƒr33 4££ 7h1$ wh1£3 ƒ0r m3. $0 4r3 ¥0µ 93771n9 4 ƒ4(70r¥ µn£0(|{3Ð 1ph0n3?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2008
7h47'5 7h3 p|4n. 1'v3 45k3d 50m3b0dy 1n b3|61um 70 637 m3 0n3. n07 5ur3 1f h3 h45 0r n07. 1 w15h 1 c0u|d 637 7h3 166 b|4ck, bu7 4|| 7h3y h4v3 15 166 wh173. bu7 1'|| 74k3 17 4nyw4y.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 11:54am On Dec 17, 2008
are you guys okay?? grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2008
1 h473 7h3 wh173 700. 17$ £3$$ (0mm0n 7h4n 7h3 b£4(|{, 7h4n 90Ð. b3£91µm? 1 h34r 174£¥ 700 h4$ ƒ4(70r¥ µn£0(|{3Ð.

@cabali

7h47$ £337 $p34|{

h4x0r £4n9
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2008
who knows if the above kille applications will work on an ipod touch!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ikuyinminu(m): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2008
How do i solve my itouch problem. It was showing me error code 9 when i was trying to restore it and after i followed the instruction on their site, its still giving me same code error. If you have same problem please share it with me how you solve it,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2008
Y34h, 1 h34rd 4b0u7 174|y (fr0m y0u) 4nd 7h3n v3r1f13d 0n|1n3. 7h3 ph0n3 15 50|d by m0b1574r 1n B3|61um. H3r3 15 7h31r 5173:

h77p://1ph0n336.m0b1574r.b3/3n/1nd3x.cfm

H0w d1d y0u 3xp3c7 c4b4|1 70 und3r574nd wh47 y0u 7yp3d 1f h3 d035n'7 kn0w wh47 |3375p34k 15?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by watever(f): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2008
lalaboi:

who knows if the above kille applications will work on an ipod touch!

yea, most apps work on the ipod touch except a few ones where u actually have to use a camera or call/text, but those are few
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 12:03am On Dec 18, 2008
@logica,

how does soft unlock make the phone unstable? i thot the unlocking had to do with the baseband.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 12:25am On Dec 18, 2008
watever:

yea, most apps work on the ipod touch except a few ones where u actually have to use a camera or call/text, but those are few

than you jare!

what about the games shown at the beginig of this thread. are they for jail broken ipod touches or from apple itself!

do you know?
does anyone know?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by mendax: 2:45am On Dec 18, 2008
hi all,

sorry if dis post is out of place or already answered, but anytime i want to update my iphone, it disconnects me frm the apple server after spending so many hrs online. its really frustrating. any solutions?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 6:53am On Dec 18, 2008
there will always be unexpected results when u mod (patch) software with code that wasn't expected to be there.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dentale(m): 7:38am On Dec 18, 2008
Logica and Ex Inferis, which syntax be dat??

Ex Inferis thanks a lot for your help so far. Precious!! Good thing is, as you directed, after installing the patch, the apps were synchronised successfully to my phone from iTunes. However, I cannot launch any of them. None at all. Error message is "The application "XXXXX" cannot be opened. Please advise. Thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2008
@dentale

where andhow did you get the apps? its important to be on at least firmwae 2.1 as its very stable. oh, and THAT "syntax" is Leet Speak, hacker language. or so they tell us.

naijafan:

@logica,

how does soft unlock make the phone unstable? i thot the unlocking had to do with the baseband.

exactly! its to do with with baseband, but then any single error in code could render the phone into a brick. that however is quite unlikely to happen.

actually jailbreaking stands much more risk of bricking since its patches are system-wide and open the entire filesystem as root. therefore, any malicious app on cydia or installer designed to wreak havoc with the FS can and will do that. JB also flashes NOR, ie the ROM that contains iboot and other boottime stuff.

logica:

there will always be unexpected results when u mod (patch) software with code that wasn't expected to be there.

thankfully we've never had any such incidence!

W1Ll CH3ck 0U7 73H L1nK. 1 7H1NK C4B4L1 12 4 b17 0F 4 DuNC3 my53Lf!

mendax:

hi all,

sorry if this post is out of place or already answered, but anytime i want to update my iphone, it disconnects me frm the apple server after spending so many hrs online. its really frustrating. any solutions?

you really neednt bother updating online; just download the firmware to your system and update locally by pressing shift and clicking RESTORE (local update doesnt woirk if you already pwned your phone)

here is the link for 2.2

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-5779.20081120.Pt5yH/iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw

i hope you have pwnage tool with which to mod the firmware. its Mac-only, so if you don't have a Mac or don't know anyone else who does then you're out of luck. Bootneuter 2.2 isnt on Cydia yet.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dentale(m): 9:49am On Dec 18, 2008
Thanks for the quick response Ex Inferis. I got the apps from Appulo.us. Most of them were downloaded and saved to my computer from Rapidshare links since I have a premium account. This is what my settings look like.

Version: 2.1(5F136)
Carrier: Carrier 2.6
Model: MB496B
Modem Firmware:02.11.07
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:25am On Dec 18, 2008
@Dentale

your stats indicate:

iphone 3G, country: ireland, network:02, fimrware:2.1 (the country and network mean these are the intended destination for that particular model, not that you're necessarily in ireland or use 02)

that isnt all really relevant to your problems. I'm more interested on whether or not you adhered strictly to all the steps i gave earlier. cleary you're either doing or have done something wrong. therefore, please provide answer to the following:

1. did you reboot the phone after running the patch?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dentale(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2008
Honestly, I cannot clearly remember if I rebooted or not. However, I've rebooted several times since synchronizing the phone yet no dice. Do I go ahead to remove all the apps, remove the patch and start again? Also, someone told me that I need to get at least one app from the iTunes store before it can be successfully opened on my phone. Please is this true? Thanks,

One more thing, when I tried to download those odd games from Cydia, it launched successfully.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 11:38am On Dec 18, 2008
@Ex

About dentale's issue, i followed that too and ended up with the "The application 'Bleep' cannot be started.". I checked online and got something like me having to purchase a free app from the appstore to get the others working.

someone else suggested deleting and resyncing the apps. that didnt work.

yes, i restarted after installing mipatch.

mendax doesnt have to mod the firmware if he has been pwned before. Just upgrade using iTunes and your phone is restored and left unlocked. Quickpwn2.2 can be used to restore the jailbreak.

Quickpwn for windows can be gotten here: http://www.theiphoneguru.org/wp-content/uploads/QuickPwn22.zip
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2008
@ Ex

No need to get abusive cos u cant have that.

I made that sentence wondering why u both would post on a thread like this when a lot of people here would not understand. If u did not understand that, then I think you are not a bit of a dunce but u ARE showing to be a dunce grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2008
Dentale:

Honestly, I cannot clearly remember if I rebooted or not. However, I've rebooted several times since synchronizing the phone yet no dice. Do I go ahead to remove all the apps, remove the patch and start again? Also, someone told me that I need to get at least one app from the iTunes store before it can be successfully opened on my phone. Please is this true? Thanks,

One more thing, when I tried to download those odd games from Cydia, it launched successfully.

yes, it is always recommended to install one free apsstore app before installing cracked apps, but that requirement is questionable because ive done installations before without bothering. however you should uninstall all synced apps, install one free appstore app, then resync. (note: you need an itunes account to download free apps)

for free itunes account watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_cKtkDzfho

Cydia games are appstore-independent community created apps so theres no reason they shouldnt work.

naijafan:

@Ex

mendax doesnt have to mod the firmware if he has been pwned before. Just upgrade using iTunes and your phone is restored and left unlocked. Quickpwn2.2 can be used to restore the jailbreak.

Quickpwn for windows can be gotten here: http://www.theiphoneguru.org/wp-content/uploads/QuickPwn22.zip

nein, mein herr. his phone remains unlocked ONLY if he restores with a pwned/modded firmware. restoring to a vanilla firmware disables jailbreak, deactivates sprinboard and relocks  the phone when the baseband is updated (depending on the firmware). remember that bootneuter, which unlocks the baseband, is incorporated into the firmware at the modding/pwning stage. a fresh firmware doesnt contain bootneuter.

perhaps its best for mendax to let us know his current firmware, as any baseband update will relock the phone.
so, he needs pwnage tool to modify and restore to 2.2. unless we both are offtarget and he is on an oficial carrier.

cabali:

@ Ex

No need to get abusive because u can't have that.

I made that sentence wondering why u both would post on a thread like this when a lot of people here would not understand. If u did not understand that, then I think you are not a bit of a dunce but u ARE showing to be a dunce  grin

you ought to congratulate yourself and thank me, your ability to understand leet speak has been unlocked by my insult.    wink

meanwhile logica and i werent talking for the benefit of the masses. it was a one-to one
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2008
congratulate my what??

U have gotta be kidding me!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2008
@Ex
i upgraded from a pwned 2.0.1 to an official 2.2 firmware and recieved a call just after the restore. I was surprised. shocked I used quickpwn to jailbreak afterwards and still selected the unlock option. after the jailbreak, bootneuter tried to run but gave a message that the device was already unlocked or something similar - which explained the fact that i could recieve a call and as well check my balance. I didnt try to use data tho. didnt occur to me.

I guess Apple didnt upgrade iPhone 2G's modem firmware from 2.0.1 uptil 2.2 in that case.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by watever(f): 2:55am On Dec 19, 2008
lalaboi:

than you jare!

what about the games shown at the beginig of this thread. are they for jail broken ipod touches or from apple itself!

do you know?
does anyone know?

i can't start looking at what games there are. . . but if u've got an ipod touch and u open the 'app store' application, there's hundreds of games u can download, and there's enough free ones too. only few are actually developed by apple, app store is kind of an official platform for game developers, so its not exactly apple, but u'll be getting them from apple
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dentale(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2008
Gents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eureka! My phone has been successfully pimped!!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley Thanks Ex Inferis. You're a genius. You heard it from me. And thanks to you too Naijafan. As you guys said, I removed all the previously instaled cracked apps that wont open and then I downloaded a free app from the iTunes store and synchronised my phone. Afterwards, I did a reboot and synchronised again, this time, selecting all the apps (including the cracked ones). Then, I rebooted again. This time, voila!!! They all launched successfully!!!

Meanwhile, I kept receiving a prompt to upgrade to 2.2. Is this a No No? Considering that my phone is jailbroken?

Secondly, I used my credit card to register with iTunes but when I was getting the free app, the notice was something like "Purchasing application". Hope its actually free and they wouldnt later on charge my credit card? Pls lemme know. Thanks again,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by loopylove: 10:06am On Dec 19, 2008
pls, i have a iphone 16gb, i want you to help me on the configuration for brownsing, i am using a rebel simcard, your help will be appreciated, i have been using it for a while but i can browse on it, i use mtn /glo
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:10am On Dec 19, 2008
Dentale:

Gents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eureka! My phone has been successfully pimped!!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley Thanks Ex Inferis. You're a genius. You heard it from me. And thanks to you too Naijafan. As you guys said, I removed all the previously instaled cracked apps that wont open and then I downloaded a free app from the iTunes store and synchronised my phone. Afterwards, I did a reboot and synchronised again, this time, selecting all the apps (including the cracked ones). Then,  I rebooted again. This time, voila!!! They all launched successfully!!!

Meanwhile, I kept receiving a prompt to upgrade to 2.2. Is this a No No? Considering that my phone is jailbroken?

Secondly, I used my credit card to register with iTunes but when I was getting the free app, the notice was something like "Purchasing application". Hope its actually free and they wouldnt later on charge my credit card? please let me know. Thanks again,

another one sorted. and thanks for the gushing  wink

i wont advise going to 2.2. there isnt anything inherently compelling to justify the upgrade unless you're nuts about street view in Maps, because you lose everything you've done so far and have to start over.

but then, its your choice.

and don't worry, free apps are just that: free apps. Aple wont charge you though you'll receive a receipt in your mailbox.

congrats, now pig out on all the Appulo goodies before the site goes down!

naijafan:

@Ex
i upgraded from a pwned 2.0.1 to an official 2.2 firmware and recieved a call just after the restore. I was surprised. shocked I used quickpwn to jailbreak afterwards and still selected the unlock option. after the jailbreak, bootneuter tried to run but gave a message that the device was already unlocked or something similar - which explained the fact that i could recieve a call and as well check my balance. I didnt try to use data tho. didnt occur to me.

I guess Apple didnt upgrade iPhone 2G's modem firmware from 2.0.1 uptil 2.2 in that case.

you're absolutely correct, my bad. its only 2.2 on 3G that suffers a baseband update, 2.2 on iphone 1st gen doesnt update the baseband so unlock remains.

so going from 2.x to 2.2 and pwing with quickpwn is the method. thanks for making me recheck my earlier post.

meanwhile becareful anyone gunning for a factory unlocked 3G. most of them have some sort of turboSIM glued into the SIM tray inside the phone and sold as factory unlokced. my uncle bought one last night with model number MB046LL, which is AT&T model. therefore its a fake factory unlock.

the real one should have the following model numbers:

MB489NF/A
MB496NF/A
MB500NF/A
MB489CZ/A
MB496CZ/A
MB500CZ/A
MB489GR/A
MB496GR/A
MB500GR/A
MB489ZP/A
MB496ZP/A
MB500ZP/A
MB489T/A
MB496T/A
MB500T/A
MB489NF/A
MB496NF/A
MB500NF/A
MB489FB/A
MB496FB/A
MB500FB/A
MB489ZP/A
MB496ZP/A
MB500ZP/A
MB489X/A
MB496X/A
MB500X/A
MB489RS/A
MB496RS/A
MB500RS/A
MB489ZA/A
MB496ZA/A
MB500ZA/A
MB489SL/A
MB496SL/A
MB500SL/A
MB489SO/A
MB496SO/A
MB500SO/A
MB489TA/A
MB496TA/A
MB500TA/A
MB489TU/A
MB496TU/A
MB500TU/A

and the countries that sell officially unlocked iphones are:

Belgium
Czech Republic
Greece
Hong Kong
Italy
Luxembourg
Macau
New Zealand
Russia
Singapore
Slovakia
South Africa
Taiwan
Turkey

any iphone bought from any of the countries above is certified unlock, and its serial number is in Apple's database so when you upgrade with itunes your unlock is automatic.

so-called factory unlocked phones bought elsewhere and not bearing any of the model numbers above are fake: updating renders the phone locked, and can damage your SIM (my Etisalat is fried).

cheers.

EDIT:

loopylove:

please, i have a iphone 16gb, i want you to help me on the configuration for brownsing, i am using a rebel simcard, your help will be appreciated, i have been using it for a while but i can browse on it, i use mtn /glo

Settings>General>network, enable dataroam.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2008
@ ex

r u talking abt the iphone alone or that includes d ip-3g? cos my issue wit d 3g is it did not browse at data roaming on.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2008
cabali:

@ ex

r u talking about the iphone alone or that includes d ip-3g? because my issue wit d 3g is it did not browse at data roaming on.

i mean the 3G iphone. the 1st gen, whether locked or not, isnt an issue since unlocking is a doodle. as for your surfing issues here is my guess: since the iphone traditionally comes locked, unlocking and plunking in unauthorized SIMs doesnt mean the OS recognizes the SIM as official. therefore, dataroaming must be on to fool the OS into thinking the SIM is on a foreign network and therefore roaming. this applies mostly to the 3G since UMTS/HSDPA is different from GSM.

this is unverified, just my theory because ive been using the 3G for a whle and ive observed that i cant browse with dataroaming turned off. if anyone has a different experience perhaps they can enlighten us.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
i forgot to mention, i killed my iphone 1st gen.

fell into the bath, got soaked pretty well for about 4 seconds (hot water), and wouldnt turn off. since the battery is sealed i couldnt take it out, then the screen froze white and went out.

i checked the soak level indicator in the earphone plug, its still white. but the phone wont come on even after many many episodes of hair dryer, propping on the air conditioner for hours etc. all the water is out, but theres a slight drop behind the screen. when i plug it into the computer it shows the Restore logo, but attempting to restore generates all sorts of error codes and shuts off the phone.

thats 16gigs of pix, tunes, sweet sms and apps down the drain (in a manner of speaking).

on the pic below notice the white bars at the edges of the screen. theres also something like oil residue and some tiny rainbow-like concentric circles.

<sigh>

your condolences here.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2008
Ex Inferis:

i mean the 3G iphone. the 1st gen, whether locked or not, isnt an issue since unlocking is a doodle. as for your surfing issues here is my guess: since the iphone traditionally comes locked, unlocking and plunking in unauthorized SIMs doesnt mean the OS recognizes the SIM as official. therefore, dataroaming must be on to fool the OS into thinking the SIM is on a foreign network and therefore roaming. this applies mostly to the 3G since UMTS/HSDPA is different from GSM.

this is unverified, just my theory because ive been using the 3G for a whle and ive observed that i can't browse with dataroaming turned off. if anyone has a different experience perhaps they can enlighten us.

My point exactly!! I know it makes sense putting data roaming on as the phone is still imagines it is in a country where the network is secondary. When a second sim was inserted, it did not even accept it and then later on the first sim could not function at all.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2008
And sorry abiut ur iPhone! it must have been a hell of an experience, and a long time to get over that one
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 10:45pm On Dec 19, 2008
So Seun finally stickied this topic. Nice!
I'm almost tempted to grab the 3g here, still wondering what i'd do with my first gen iphone if that happens.

Meanwhile, Arstechnica is speculating on what Apple's purchase of 3.6% of Imagination tech's shares means with respect to the iPhone 3.0. It helps that the POwerVR SGX chip is backwards compatible with the games powered by the MBX in the current gen iphones.

@Cabali
Any progress on that stuff

@Ex Inferis, naijafan

You tried Rolando yet? Two new X-Plane versions out too! Someone post about MGS touch and silent hill to make the haters green.

@Ex Inferis
I see what you mean about airplane mode. Haven't gotten round to getting a SIM card over here just yet, so my phone's in airplanemode and the battery lasts for ever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (103)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Tecno M5 discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.