Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179055 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2008
texazzpete:

@Cabali
Any progress on that stuff

Guy I wish u were available. I did the upgrade successfully but not without the help of a friend of mine who is purely impressed by you. My youtube connects now.

hows the weather. Glad u are safe. whats new btw?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2008
cabali:

And sorry abiut ur iPhone! it must have been a hell of an experience, and a long time to get over that one

well, sh1t happens. thats the second iphone ive killed off. well, my 3G will have to take the beating.

maybe its an excuse to get something else, say a BB Storm?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2008
Ex Inferis:

maybe its an excuse to get something else, say a BB Storm?

U dont wanna do that trust me! The iPhone 3g seems more interesting to me. The BB is just gon' be boring to you; I know that!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ Pete (& prolly anyone with an idea)

I know this aint the right thread but you guys can be of assistance if possible. Can you assist me with connecting my PSP to wifi. I have tried that several times and it always tells me 'an internal error has occured. (00000001)'

has anyone experienced this at all?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2008
and yeah, there is wifi as my iPod touch can see it
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2008
cabali:

U don't want to do that trust me! The iPhone 3g seems more interesting to me. The BB is just gon' be boring to you; I know that!!

well, considering i already have the iphone 3G.  .   .   undecided

@Tezz

want to sell me your 1st gen as layaway?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metal Gear Solid Touch Revealed for iPhone

" Solid Snake's next adventure will sidestep the "Xbox 360 versus PlayStation 3" debate by appearing on neither platform; instead, Konami's anthropomorphized Cold War allegory will be sneaking his way onto Apple's iPhone.

Metal Gear Solid Touch is scheduled for release in Spring 2009, reports Kotaku. The game is a completely original adventure set in the latter-day world of Metal Gear Solid 4 (read: Snake is a geriatric), and consists of 8 stages.

What would a Metal Gear Solid game be without unlockable content? Earning bonus points through gameplay will allow players to download special Metal Gear-themed iPhone wallpapers.

No price has been established for the title, though we expect to hear more details from Konami soon."

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/12/metal-gear-soli.html

"The game will be released with eight levels, with more arriving later. Konami also confirmed that the levels and characters will be based on Metal Gear Solid 4, and that "with direct control through the touch panel, it's simple for anyone to move their alignment or switch to zoom mode." I hope that clears that up!

We're sure to be flooded with details before the game's release, and knowing Kojima, the iPhone hardware will be used in some interesting ways."

SILENT HILL FOR IPHONE

" Konami also announced that Frogger, Dance Dance Revolution, and a title called Silent Hill: The Escape will be coming to the iPhone. Konami describes that last game as "a first-person 3D shooting game that lets players utilize the control features only found on the iPhone and iPod touch such as moving their character by sliding a finger across the touch panel screen and changing alignment to target enemies using the built-in altimeter."

It's great to see Konami throw its support so solidly behind the iPhone, and the other three titles are expected to hit North America and Japan "from late 2008."

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/12/17/konami-announces-metal-gear-silent-hill-for-iphone

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by loopylove: 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2008
Ex Inferis (m), please help me out, i want to configure mtn brownsing on my iphone, please help me on how to go about it, i am using a locked iphone and i will like to unlock it and how will i go about that also, but i am presently using rebel simcard to operate the iphone now, the model number of my iphone is MB048LL, please your reply will be appreciated, and you can email me on loopylovelove at yahoo com
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2008
For MTN
Settings > General >Network > Cellular Data Settings

APN: web.grps.mtnnigeria.net
user:web
password: web

always worked for me
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by rock101(m): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2008
@ loopylove

if you can spend enough time on google and you have a fast internet connection(cuz you need to download a couple of things), you should be able to unlock the phone yourself.

@ anybody who can help

The top half of my iphone touchscreen doesn't function what could be the problem or better still, the solution. I already restored it with itunes
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:08am On Dec 22, 2008
Can we stay true, then to the title of the thread??
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2008
cabali:

Can we stay true, then to the title of the thread??

you are more than welcome to try.

me, i refuse.

loopylove:

Ex Inferis (m), please help me out, i want to configure mtn brownsing on my iphone, please help me on how to go about it, i am using a locked iphone and i will like to unlock it and how will i go about that also, but i am presently using rebel simcard to operate the iphone now, the model number of my iphone is MB048LL, please your reply will be appreciated, and you can email me on loopylovelove at yahoo com

you cannot unlock a 3G iphone until late night on 31st december 2008. also, it depends on your software version: anything above 2.1 is unlockable until january 2009.

you dont have to use the APN and account settings Tezaxxpete gave on 3G to connect to the net; like ive been saying all this while, just enable Dataroam in Settings>General>Network.

rock101:

@ loopylove

if you can spend enough time on google and you have a fast internet connection(because you need to download a couple of things), you should be able to unlock the phone yourself.

dont post wrong info. 3G is currently software-unlockable until just before january 2009 via Cydia.

rock101:

@ anybody who can help

The top half of my iphone touchscreen doesn't function what could be the problem or better still, the solution. I already restored it with itunes

the problem is, your screen is busted. hardware problem. time to get a new one.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2008
rock101:

You can fix this problem by adjusting (usually increasing) the sensitivity of your touchscreen. Since you're pretty tech savvy yourself, follow this link

http://limitededitioniphone.com/iphone-touchscreen-fix-increase-sensitivity/

the files are for firmware 1.1.x, but they also work on 2.x firmware as stated in the comments.

As Inferis said, it's a hardware issue, so no need doing the itunes restore thingy again.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2008
Ex Inferis:

you don't have to use the APN and account settings Tezaxxpete gave on 3G to connect to the net; like ive been saying all this while, just enable Dataroam in Settings>General>Network.

But I think you still need to have APN set for you to get a connection so that when you are in 3g coverage there'd be an auto switching from 2.5 or 2.75 to 3g. (even after activating dataroam)

whats up with xmas Ex?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2008
cabali:

But I think you still need to have APN set for you to get a connection so that when you are in 3g coverage there'd be an auto switching from 2.5 or 2.75 to 3g. (even after activating dataroam)

whats up with xmas Ex?

Nah! in 3G you dont need to bother, enabling 3G and Dataroam will suffice. if 3G blacks out, reverting to EDGE/GPRS is automatic, though not nearly as seamless as in other devices (like E71).

xmas, still stuck in naija. hurdles abound! send me some chrismassy stuff, like packed snow.

HP has a quick and dirty little iPhone (and iPod touch) application that may interest you. It’s free, too!

Anyhow, the application, iPrint Photo lets you print photos located on your iPhone (and iPod touch) on an HP printer that’s on the same Wi-Fi network. So, you’re walking about your house and say to yourself, “Man, I need to print this photo right now, well, now you can.

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2008/12/22/hps-iprint-photo-for-the-iphone-ipod-touch-print-your-photos-wirelessly/#more-6897

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Seun(m): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2008
Why not the official quake site?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2008
Seun:

Why not the official quake site?

It's the Quake 3 demo coded to work with the iPhone. FOr obvious reasons the normal version won't work.
For what it's worth, the demo (and the Quake 3 engine) are free. None of the retail files are in the links provided.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:18am On Dec 24, 2008
@texazzpete

you might want to rotate your screenies by say 90o clockwise. tongue

seriously my neck is hurting.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 12:33am On Dec 25, 2008
LOL!!!

my neck didnt hurt; just felt a bit wierd
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by rock101(m): 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2008
@ anybody

is there any iphone pc suite or somethin similar I can use for my 2G iphone 2.2 firmware. My OS is Windows vista home premium. I need it for that touch.plist and general.plist thingy. I tried to downgrade to 1.1.4 so I put in DFU mode using Ziphone 3.O but I couldnt restore it to 1.1.4 so I restored it back to 2.2 using iTunes 8. But the problem now is that the phone is now locked again and I cant unlock it the way I did the very first time. What else I can I do?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:07am On Dec 27, 2008
get Quickpwn 2.2 for Windows here : http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4527189/QuickPwn22.zip

or, for those who've seen the light, Quickpwn 2.2 For Mac here: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4527192/QuickPwn_2.2.dmg

simply follow the instructions to the letter, and do select the "unlock" option.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by rock101(m): 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2008
@ Ex Inferis

I used quickpwn 2.2 to unlock the phone previously but after I restored with iTunes, quickpwn 2.2 aint workin for it anymore. I restored with iTunes cuz I wanted to downgrade to 1.1.4 (I dont know if that's possible)
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by loopylove: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2008
texazzpete . Ex Inferis, pls everybody help, your reply will be appreciated, thanks and God Bless,

i tried using this settings For MTN

But its not working for me, i want to be sure maybe its beacause of the unlocked phone or maybe because am using a rebel simcard thats why its not browsing, am using iphone version 2.1(5f136) carrier2.6,
pls can you give me some sites where ican unlock the iphones, and also do you chat online, maybe if we chat you can explain somethings clearer to me, since my version is 2.1 that means i will have to wait till january 2009 where and how will i unlock it then, pls explain more on that, pls i will love to have a chat, you can add me on loopylovelove@yahoo.com or macdap211@yahoo.com, am online most times, i will be very happy if you can add me and explain more to me about this iphone and i will also love to download some games and applications, i dont understand maybe everything i need will be done on the itunes, thank you and God bless, Merry Xmas to you all my naija people and Happy New Year in Advance,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ayusbaba1: 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2008
i do not have mtn cheat but i have zain cheat that work fast and it can open yahoo messenger also you will enjoy the work
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2008
rock101:

@ Ex Inferis

I used quickpwn 2.2 to unlock the phone previously but after I restored with iTunes, quickpwn 2.2 aint workin for it anymore. I restored with iTunes because I wanted to downgrade to 1.1.4 (I don't know if that's possible)

you cant downgrade to 1.1.4 because the penalty on your baseband is stiff, and why would you want to do that anyway? 1.1.4 doesnt support appstore apps, mobile me, exchange, push, scientific calc, etc.

theres no reason 2.2 shouldnt work as long as you have both 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders and you do everything acording to instructions.

loopylove:

texazzpete . Ex Inferis, please everybody help, your reply will be appreciated, thanks and God Bless,

i tried using this settings For MTN

But its not working for me, i want to be sure maybe its beacause of the unlocked phone or maybe because am using a rebel simcard thats why its not browsing, am using iphone version 2.1(5f136) carrier2.6,
please can you give me some sites where ican unlock the iphones, and also do you chat online, maybe if we chat you can explain somethings clearer to me, since my version is 2.1 that means i will have to wait till january 2009 where and how will i unlock it then, please explain more on that, please i will love to have a chat, you can add me on loopylovelove@yahoo.com or macdap211@yahoo.com, am online most times, i will be very happy if you can add me and explain more to me about this iphone and i will also love to download some games and applications, i don't understand maybe everything i need will be done on the itunes, thank you and God bless, Merry Xmas to you all my naija people and Happy New Year in Advance,

enable dataroam in settings>general>network

this is the nth time im sayig this.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 11:11pm On Dec 28, 2008
lol grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2008
monopoly in gorgeous 3D.

shake the phone to roll the dice.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2008
scrabble

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2008
Fastlane Racing

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2008
picture browser (cover flow style)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2008
Need to grab the picture browser. Looks cool.
With the fastlane update I can now win races. Yay!

London is bloody cold, have to take off my gloves to use the iPhone. Damn capacitive screen! At this rate I'll lose fingers :-(
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2008
now what would u be without ur fingers? best imagined.

if u want 2 upgrade ur 3g to 2.2 and still be able 2 unlock, check this link:

http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/?p=539

i've downloaded the files, but yet 2 use them myself.

i'm a bit jittery cos it's just over 24 hrs to zeroth hour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (103)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.