Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179064 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2008
unlock coming out just before NYE PST.

Texazz, grabbing a 3G? and sorry for the frostbite; london is rubbish.

meanwhle:

just installed Silent Hill, downloading Fast and the Furious right now.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 10:23am On Jan 28, 2009
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by loopylove: 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2009
hello guys, pls is there anyway i can access a free brownsing on my Iphone, i do have MTN carrier but its not free, is there anyway i can browse free on Either of the available networks in NIGERIA, your replys will be appreciated, thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by loopylove: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2009
hey guys, i need help on how to download free ringtones on my Iphone, i dont have an ITUNEs account now,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2009
loopylove:

hello guys, pls is there anyway i can access a free brownsing on my Iphone, i do have MTN carrier but its not free, is there anyway i can browse free on Either of the available networks in NIGERIA, your replys will be appreciated, thanks

I am not so certain but I think the thread is for iPhone apps; I am not sure browsing is involved. Just saying grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 8:05am On Jan 31, 2009
loopylove:

never bothered to find out.

loopylove:

hey guys, i need help on how to download free ringtones on my Iphone, i dont have an ITUNEs account now,
jailbreak your phone, and search for ringtones on Cydia
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 8:06am On Jan 31, 2009
logica:

iPhone copy-and-paste is finally here!

Clippy --> http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/474591-real-copy-paste-iphone-clippy.html
hClipBoard --> http://modmyi.com/cydia/package.php?id=3151
CopierciN --> http://modmyi.com/cydia/package.php?id=3168

I use clippy! i believe they are all copies of each other. or why would three system-wide copy and paste implementations appear at the same time?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by 2n2k(m): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2009
@all

I have the following questions on the iphone I just received from a friend in USA. It is unlocked because I removed the AT&T sim that came with it and just inserted etisalat and it works but

How do I know if it is 3g or not? there is no indication on the phone itself and the package but one of the leaflets has 3g written on the cover. it is 8gb

How do I know if it is already jailbroken? It has the cydia and installer icons as part of 20 icons on the home page and include itunes & app store icons as well. These are not on the package.

The phone is version 2.1 (5F136) carrier 2.6 and modem firmware 04.05.04_G. Should I upgrade to other version like 2.2? What are the pros & cons of that?

Thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2009
Your phone is 2G, based on the modem firmware. The reason why App Store and iTunes icons are not on the package is because the very first firmware didnt have iTunes and AppStore just appeared with 2.0. Obviously, the packaging hasnt changed since day 1.

Presence of Cydia and Installer means its jailbroken. The fact that you've got etisalat service means its unlocked. There you go, you have a functional iPhone.

There is no harm in upgrading to 2.2 wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by 2n2k(m): 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2009
@naijafan

Thanks. I welcome myself to iphone club grin I will be asking more questions as i get more acquainted with the 'device'.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 10:44am On Feb 02, 2009
they are not copies. for instance Clippy is only activated when in edit mode, while CopierciN allows you to "copy" read-only.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Gamine(f): 12:08am On Feb 03, 2009
DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form.

New York Times, November 26, 1991

I have seen yabs, but this one gotta hurt!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by rock101(m): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2009
@ anyone that can help

Please how can I get games like some of those emulator games on my ipod touch 1G. Is it even safe to get them?
It's already jailbroken and stuff. I have just cydia
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2009
rock101:

@ anyone that can help

Please how can I get games like some of those emulator games on my ipod touch 1G. Is it even safe to get them?
It's already jailbroken and stuff. I have just cydia

You should be able to add Zodttd's source/repo on cydia or installer to get the NES, SNES, GBA, PSX, MAME and Genesis emulators.
Don't have the actual repository name, you may need to visit Zod's blog at zodttd.com for more info.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by just2nice(m): 11:22pm On Feb 03, 2009
Texazzpette,I noticed that yesterday(Feb 2) was your birthday.A belated happy birthday to ya,bro.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2009
Now this is the kind of Graphics i'm talking about cheesy. A video fo Real Racing on the iPhone (not yet released)

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8EwqEZfXLs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Still in a pre-beta state and already looks this good. Impressive, eh?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 10:15am On Feb 06, 2009
@texazzpete

Yeah, i have cured myself of my addiction to the N95 cheesy cheesy i have stepped up now to the iphone 3G 16gb cheesy

@naijafan,texazzpete and other iphone freaks

Can you guys please tell me if its possible to transfer all my contacts from N95 to the iphone?
Can i also install another browser - eg. Opera on the phone?
I cant seem to open nairaland on it. It keeps telling me it cannot decode source. However, other apps such as youtube,weather,etc works very well with wi-fi connection.
How can i change the ringtone of my iphone to one of the songs on my ipod
I have cydia already installed on it.

I will be back with more questions. Thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2009

where are you guys??
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2009
Chai, Funky babe go use question wound dem ' here 0oo grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by dragnet: 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2009
prof, when are u g0n add d iph0ne to ur collection??

fbby, have patience na' . . They can't respond as fast as 911.
So u finally cured ur Nokia addiction.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2009
hayprof:

Chai, Funky babe go use question wound dem ' here 0oo grin

grin grin grin

iwo lo mo. grin

na texazzpete i pity pass  grin

hayprof (m)
080-9JA

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!!
« #67 on: April 29, 2008, 11:08 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
. . .nd funky Confesses!

Go 4 It Gal. . but dnt Come here for Pimping 0oo. .

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:: NOKIA N95 8GB ::

texazzpete (m)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!!
« #68 on: April 29, 2008, 01:25 PM »

@hayprof
I'm always here for her

with all his bragging over the phone on this thread about a year ago  grin grin
i am here for serious pimping   cheesy

dragnet:

prof, when are u g0n add d iph0ne to ur collection??

fbby, have patience na' . . They can't respond as fast as 911.
So u finally cured ur Nokia addiction.

drag, how na? thanks jare. how bodi? compliments of the season. sorry its belated. i am cured oh. you sabi where i fit get original N95 facias? the back battery cover is broken AGAIN. na rubber band i take tie the phone.  grin grin

nokia shop @ ikeja is asking me to part with 11,500 naira  angry angry
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by dragnet: 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2009
prof, u see! The matter d0n settle since last year. .texazz d0n commit, so he g0tta live up!

<p>fbby, I'm gud n gentle as always smiley & prof has been keepn me out of trouble loL grin . . mMm., I didnt search cUz I was expectn u'd have g0t it 4rm ebay or d other side. I'd confirm if its available at a place where they stock such stuffs. . . . .wuld inf0rm u if its available & reliable sometime dis week, </p>
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 10:57pm On Feb 08, 2009
I Got less Or nothing to Say, . . am Good lipsrsealed
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by kennyabet: 1:28am On Feb 09, 2009
Denmark used Iphone for sale unlocked interested buyer should call 0802273825 or send mail to kenny_abet@yahoo.com
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 11:17am On Feb 10, 2009
dragnet:

prof, u see! The matter d0n settle since last year. .texazz d0n commit, so he g0tta live up!

<p>fbby, I'm gud n gentle as always smiley & prof has been keepn me out of trouble loL grin . . mMm., I didnt search cUz I was expectn u'd have g0t it 4rm ebay or d other side. I'd confirm if its available at a place where they stock such stuffs. . . . .wuld inf0rm u if its available & reliable sometime dis week, </p>

Drag, thanks. Please, help me find out and get back to me. Thanks
@ eBay - the seller i found refused to deliver to Nigeria.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 11:19am On Feb 10, 2009
Na wa oh.

Where's naijafan, texazzpete and the rest? sad
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2009
funkybaby:

@texazzpete

Yeah, i have cured myself of my addiction to the N95 cheesy cheesy i have stepped up now to the iphone 3G 16gb cheesy

Can you guys please tell me if its possible to transfer all my contacts from N95 to the iphone?
Can i also install another browser - eg. Opera on the phone?

Copy all your contacts from your N95 in the .vcf format. Then import them all into Microsoft Outlook
Finally synch iPhone with Outlook contacts to get all our contacts in your iphone!

No, you can't install Opera in the iPhone. No FBT there, i'm afraid. Mobile Safari is pretty dang good, though. Miles better than the crapware browser in the N95.

funkybaby:

I cant seem to open nairaland on it. It keeps telling me it cannot decode source. However, other apps such as youtube,weather,etc works very well with wi-fi connection.

Not sure what's happening there, usually it's the other way round (web browser working, Youtube not working for some strange reason). Is this peculiar to Nairaland alone?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2009
Not much help in the ringtones department, i'm afraid. I've never been big on ringtones myself. I know it's possible, though, so i expect Inferis to come through with the info any moment from now.

Meanwhile you may want to check http://modmyi.com/cydia/search.php. it has all the Cydia apps in a searchable directory, so you know what to look for once you get online.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2009
texazzpete:

Copy all your contacts from your N95 in the .vcf format. Then import them all into Microsoft Outlook
Finally synch iPhone with Outlook contacts to get all our contacts in your iphone!

No, you can't install Opera in the iPhone. No FBT there, i'm afraid. Mobile Safari is pretty dang good, though. Miles better than the crapware browser in the N95.

Not sure what's happening there, usually it's the other way round (web browser working, Youtube not working for some strange reason). Is this peculiar to Nairaland alone?

Ok, thanks. How do I copy contacts from the 95 in the said format? I will use the nokia contents copier,right?

Nairaland opens now. Other sites too.

I don't need the opera for FBT. I have gotten used to using opera. Guess with time,I will get used to safari as well. Thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by dragnet: 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2009
fbby, I found one for N3K !! Its just like d Original & its complete. . . .Should I purchase it??

@topic, I thought I read somwhere that Opera is being developed for d iphone?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2009
dragnet:

fbby, I found one for N3K !! Its just like d Original & its complete. . . .Should I purchase it??

@topic, I thought I read somwhere that Opera is being developed for d iphone?

Drag thanks. What happens assuming it does not fit?

I won't be able to collect it from you till next weekend. Is that okay with you?

It will be nice to have opera on the iPhone
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2009
texazzpete:

Not much help in the ringtones department, i'm afraid. I've never been big on ringtones myself. I know it's possible, though, so i expect Inferis to come through with the information any moment from now.

Meanwhile you may want to check http://modmyi.com/cydia/search.php. it has all the Cydia apps in a searchable directory, so you know what to look for once you get online.

Alright, thanks. I'll check.

But the last time I tried installing softwares on the phone, the dialer disappeared and I was unable to make calls I'd send texts but I could receive. The problem only got rectified after I uninstalled the softwares. I wonder why this happened and won't it happen again if I try installing anything new?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (103)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.