Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (178982 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 6:00am On Feb 18, 2009
Was dat an odd hour?. .

I dey punish dragnet 4 hin wrong doing, u can come get it urself, i no wan c dragnet face urs wil look cooler.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2009
funkybaby:

Please, how can I use songs on the iPod as ringtones for the iPhone. Thanks

i think you use the iPhone PC Suite for that. you can ask tex or ex for the link to it. or you could download ringtones via Cydia.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by loopylove: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2009
pls how do i download and get the iphone PC suites, thanks and waiting for your replys,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hansibone(m): 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2009
@all

na wetin dey happen oh,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by dragnet: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2009
prodigal hansibone wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2009
SOrry for being away for so long, will post some answers tomorrow.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2009
xGPS on Cydia. Turn-by-Turn voice navigation app.

@Tezz

still waitin' on ya, bud.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2009
walahi, you these iphone guys are not nice at all

you are not willing to help a sister out
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2009
Here we go

Download iPhone PC Suite 2.2.1.82 here
http://rapidshare.com/files/169104941/iphone_pc_suite_2.2.1.82.rar

This version is in English, so it's fit for purpose

Extract to a folder and run the .exe file to launch the PC suite. Connect your iphone and folllow the instructions to install the panda daemon thingy on your phone.

Click the media tab to go to the screen where you can make any ringtone from any song on your HDD. You can import audio and trim to your heart's content. That's what's shown in the first pic

If you go with the iPod tab on the left, you'll be able to manage your media. See that button on top called 'Set as ringtone'? When you select any song and click that button, guess what it does? grin

Hope this helped. . .

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2009
Please oh I need an apple store account
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ texazzpete

thank you.  smiley

that software is simply brillant. and takes for the step-by-step information on how to go about it
it made everything so easy for me

i am yet to transfer my contacts to the phone but hopefully maybe this weekend. once i am succesful with that as well i will let you know.

pls can you give me the link of any 'sms' app i can install on the phone? it has no sms 'letters counter' and this makes me send somethings ridiculously long text messages since i do not know when i go beyond a page or two pages

also i need manual gprs settings for either glo or zain or mtn network and also how to input them in the phone

thanks again
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2009
@Funky baby

biteSMS from Cydia. it allows you to forward SMS and features a message sent counter.

sadly, its trialware.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 5:56am On Mar 07, 2009
@funky
for MTN i use
APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
user: web
pass: web

For Zain i use
APN: internet.ng.celtel.com
user: internet
Pass: internet

Mind you i'm postpaid with Zain, so i dunno if this works for prepaid.

Glo is still a mixed bag, i think. I haven't been able to get glo working since firmware 1.x. I haven't tried in a while, though.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 5:57am On Mar 07, 2009
@Inferis
register at www.xsellize.com
There's a section for cracking cydia apps in the forums. The've managed to crack irealsms, Quicksms, Mysms.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2009
whats going on Tex?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 12:40am On Mar 18, 2009
@tex, biteSMS has been cracked too. wonder why its makers suddenly started offering it for sale anyway.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by coolniger: 2:46am On Mar 18, 2009
Iphone Edge,3G,No sratch Denmark used, Jail Break Imodem installed for connection to PC for sale 55k or best offer

contact me coolniger2004@yahoo.com or 08027723825

Reason for selling: The phone big pass me
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2009
@naijafan
With iPhone firmware 3.0 offering support out of the box for landscape SMS and forwarding messages, sales of iRealSMS, biteSMS et al will all but dry up completely.
I'd be surprised if they don't go on a steeply discounted sale soon cheesy
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2009
or they can add non-OTB features.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by mendax: 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2009
@all

pls how can i use my iFone bluetooth wit other devices eg my lapotp. it doesnt seem 2 b workin! or is it a compatibility problem?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2009
mendax:

@all

pls how can i use my iFone bluetooth wit other devices eg my lapotp. it doesnt seem 2 b workin! or is it a compatibility problem?

bluetooth on iphone was designed only for bluetooth earpiece.

but by june this year you may be able to tether it to your lappy once the update comes out.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by dogbraidz: 9:21pm On Apr 08, 2009
Plz i need to reinstall the Version 2.2 on my new iphone 3g 8gb. I had someone unlock it but unfortunately it won't get Network service and it keeps hangin wit a chopped off pineapple display then it restarts itself. D firmware Vesion now is V 2.0.2. Plz i need help.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by mendax: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2009
@ex

thanx. i'm stil on d 1.x firmware. i want 2 upgrade but wat wuld u advice me 2 upgrade to? cos i'm really scared of probs. meanwhile, how do i go about it?

thanx once again
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2009
@dogbraidz and Mendax

none of you has cleared up which iphone you use: 3G or the original iphone (otherwise known as Iphone Classic).

in any case i shall attempt to give you steps with the two. choose the one that applies to you.

dogbraidz i assume you own the iphone classic siince you said you had 2.2 but now you're on 2.0.2. the 3G iphone doesnt downgrade.

for the original iphone you need the following

1. iphone 2.2.1 firmware from http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.information.apple.com/iPhone/061-5830.20090127.Mmni6/iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

(its around 245mb so best use a download manager like Orbit)

2. Quickpwn 225-2 from http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4689995/QuickPwn-225-2.zip

3. bootloader 3.9 from http://www.iphone-hacks.com/download.php?id=131

4. bootloader 4.6 from http://www.iphone-hacks.com/download.php?id=132

5. Itunes 8.1 from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(if running windows XP you need to install .Net 2.0 (2.0 being minimum). if however you've installed Encarta you dont need to bother. also, Vista comes with 2.0 by default

*note: you need Quickpwn to Activate, jailbreak, and unlock iphone classic; and to activate and jailbreak (ONLY) the iphone 3G. be ware that the jailbreaking process installs Cydia and Installer by default UNLESS you choose otherwise. its always a good idea to allow the app install both Apps because they assist in unlocking iphone 3G, and in installing community apps, themes, fixes and patches to both iphones.

Bootloaders (3.9 and 4.6) are critical to the unlocking process of the iphone classic.

now that you have all the required tools, we can begin.

DOGBRAIDZ

in your case, your phone has crashed and therefore you must RESTORE. make sure you're online, then follow the steps below

1. install itunes (if you already have itunes, make sure its at least version 8.0). start itunes

2. connect your iphone to your pc via USB

3. press and hold the sleep/wake button together with the Home button on your iphone until the phone reboots. as soon as the Apple/Pineapple logo appears, release ONLY the sleep/wake button and continue holding the Home button. the phone will enter RECOVERY MODE. you will know this by the itunes logo and cable that subsequently appears on the phone screen. you can now release the HOME button. itunes will then check the Ipod update server to identify you phone. once itunes informs you that an iphone has been detected in RECOVERY MODE and must be RESTORED, do the following:

4. hold SHIFT on your computer's keyboad, click RESTORE on itunes.

5. select the iphone firmware file you downloaded earlier. itunes will upload the firmware into the phone. depending on your PC config and itunes version it shouldnt take more than 15mins at most.

6. once the restore is complete, itunes will inform you and the iphone will reboot. but at this point the phone will be deactivated, meaning you can only make emergency calls without access to the home screen. since your iphone was previously unlocked, restoring keeps the unlock so you dont need to bother with unlocking.

7. you can close itunes now. launch QUICKPWN and follow the screen prompts. make sure Cydia and Installer are selected by default (ie dont uncheck them), when the app prompts you to select a firmware, select the downloaded one you used to restore your phone. the app will place your phone in recovery. but to jailbreak and activate, it must be in a deep recovery mode known as DFU. the app will assist you in getting there. once ready follow the timer to enter DFU. to prepare you for the timer part here is the sequence in advance:

a. hold the Home button for five seconds
  b. while holding home at the end of the five seconds, hold sleep/wake together with the Home button for 15 seconds.
  c. at the expiration of the 15 seconds, release sleep/wake and keep holding home for 9 seconds until the app starts uploading the RAMDISK to your phone. as soon as it starts, release home. (note that the final step can take from 9 seconds to 30 secs).

chances are you will fail the first time, but you can always restart. just follow the prompts.

when its all said and done, congrats! your phone is back to life!!

MENDAX

1.x? dude, you really are way behind. with that firmware you miss out on lots and lots of goodies, like apps and games, better calc, better mail, stability, App Store, etc etc.

but we'll sort you out. your own steps are similar to the above, though there are differences. for instance, you do NEED to unlock after upgrading, therefore you need the Bootloaders. usually upgrading to the latest firmware (2.2.1) is actually updating so long as one is one firmware 2.0.x above since the baseband (ie the portion that handles network /SIM services) is the same across 2.x.x. since you're on 1.x, a straight update might cause errors. but lets give it a shot; if you get something like ERROR 1611, then a straight update path is out, we need to do full recovery (that is, fresh install).

here goes.

make sure you're online (it case you have to RESTORE)

1. start itunes

2. connect your phone. wait until itunes registers your phone and it appears under "DEVICES". right click the icon and select BACKUP (so you can restore your contacts, mails, sms, call logs etc in case something goes wrong). on the Summary screen, hold SHIFT, and click UPDATE (Not RESTORE!). select the firmware and go on. if it updates successfully you do step 7 in the above instructions. if however you get errors, hold SHIFT and select RESTORE this time (usually, but not always, after an error the iphone enters recovery mode so you may have no choice but to do a restore anyway).

after restoring, do step 7. in the QUICKPWN screen where you are presented with choices of installing Cydia and Installer, check UNLOCK PHONE as well. then select the bootloaders as prompted, and carry on the remaining steps as outlined in step 7.

you now have a spanking new 2.2.1 iphone! you can go back to itunes, select to restore from your earlier backup.

IPHONE 3G

all steps above apply to the iphone 3G except the following:

1. iphone classic unlock method differs for the 3G

2. you dont need bootloaders

3. only firmware 2.2 can currently be software-unlocked on 3G. (get it here http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-5778.20081120.Aqw4R/iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw

after restoring/updating to 2.2 and using Quickpwn to activate/jailbreak, make sure you have wifi (either infrastucture, or ad hoc via internet sharing on from your PC).

connect the iphone 3G to the wifi network, open Cydia, go to MANAGE>SOURCES>EDIT>ADD

type: apt9.yellowsn0w.com (note that its sn0w, not snow).

allow the sources to be updated. now go to SECTIONS>UTILITIES, install YellowSn0w, insert SIM, reboot.

thats it, unlocked 3G!!!

phew!!! achy fingers all this typing. well hope this sorts you guys out. cheers.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by rock101(m): 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2009
Does any one know how to install apps from Itunes apps store on an iPod touch. I already downloaded some apps with iTunes but I don't seem to be able to install them on the iPod touch. The iPod is already jailbroken and the firmware's 2.1. Then again, how do I get Genius on the iPod
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2009
rock101:

Does any one know how to install apps from Itunes apps store on an iPod touch. I already downloaded some apps with iTunes but I don't seem to be able to install them on the iPod touch. The iPod is already jailbroken and the firmware's 2.1. Then again, how do I get Genius on the iPod

Maybe you downloaded and app which is not compatible with the itouch. . .if you download one which is. . . .just sinc and it will install. . . .abou the the genius. . . .dont know too much about it? but what dyu need it for?> it'll end up picking up songs u dont want to hear. . . .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by rock101(m): 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2009
Can someone pls give me detailed procedure on how to get cracked games on the 1G iPod touch, firmware is 2.1. I am also trying to download the the 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 firmware for 1G, where do I get that from please. Thanx
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2009
iBluetooth has been out since March!

People report problems receiving files, but sending files works just fine.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/01/ibluetooth-team-achieves-obex-file-transfer.ars

Cheapest way to get it is from Xsellize (cracked), otherwise you have to pay for the full version.

For more info, http://xsellize.com/showthread.php?t=29231&page=9
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by arsenal4va(m): 8:05am On Apr 12, 2009
@ logica how fah ?

yeah have been using ibluetooth for a while now without any problems , got it from xsellize,

was wondering if there was a solution to beejive ? that program is sweet , but unfortunately i have been blocked
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by rock101(m): 8:25am On Apr 12, 2009
Can someone pls give me detailed procedure on how to get cracked games on the 1G iPod touch, firmware is 2.1. I am also trying to download the the 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 firmware for 1G, where do I get that from please. Thanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (103)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Tecno M5 discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.