Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,768 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179508 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 5:44pm On May 25, 2009
texazzpete:

@Funkybaby
Download and use Cyder. It can install packages from cydia but runs on your desktop. Sorry i can't provide a link at the moment, my connection is as slow as molasses

Not sure about the issue you have with itunes. Please explain further!

okay. Thanks. I will download Cyder

problem with the itunes: i am unable to transfer songs from the itunes to the phone and it wipes out all the songs on the iphone
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2009
@Texazzpete thanks for all the help you ve given me I finally Got a Cafe around my street that has WI-FI so I did most of my downloads there, Can u pls paste me the download links for the following games:

Real Soccer 2009
Assassin's Creed - Altar's Chronicles
Need For Speed Undercover

and any cool game thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2009
That has been pasted somewhere on this thread. u could go back I think pages 15-18. not sure but around there. U could get terminator salvation as well.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 5:32pm On May 26, 2009
Infoseye:

@Texazzpete thanks for all the help you ve given me I finally Got a Cafe around my street that has WI-FI so I did most of my downloads there,

Real Soccer 2009

Bought this game and i regret it. . . .waste!!! owo jona!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 8:00pm On May 26, 2009
@ Infoseye

You could go to www.appulous.us

you will see loads of games and applications you can download to itunes and further transfer to ur iPhones.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 5:08am On May 27, 2009
@ cabali Thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 5:16am On May 27, 2009
@Cabali and Texazzpete I use my Iphone as a modem to browse the net via Edge on Mtn yet to try it on Etisalat and Zain, Have you guys tried this before? My speed is 2Mb plus at times 3mb/kbs but on Wi-FI is 5mb/kbs sharp! It was cool browsing using the iPhone as a modem, I wish Etisalat starts their data plan like Mtn and Zain it will be much more faster than Mtn and Zain.
To get this software google Imodem, it connects and configure itself on the iPhone and Pc for wifi,edge and GPRS depending on your choice and guess what it's a free software. I tried other softwares  they gave me trouble at configuring but the imodem is the bomb!
I decided to share this with you guys Texazzpete and Cabali because of the help you guys gave me from the scratch thanks to you guys I have become an iphone genius to an extent sha lol! Am tired, been on online since 7pm yesterday takecare guys.
IPHONE ROCKS!!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 8:35am On May 27, 2009
Zune HD: looks rivalry
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2009
Infoseye:

@Cabali and Texazzpete I use my Iphone as a modem to browse the net via Edge on Mtn yet to try it on Etisalat and Zain, Have you guys tried this before? My speed is 2Mb plus at times 3mb/kbs but on Wi-FI is 5mb/kbs sharp! It was cool browsing using the iPhone as a modem, I wish Etisalat starts their data plan like Mtn and Zain it will be much more faster than Mtn and Zain.
To get this software google Imodem, it connects and configure itself on the iPhone and Pc for wifi,edge and GPRS depending on your choice and guess what it's a free software. I tried other softwares  they gave me trouble at configuring but the imodem is the bomb!
I decided to share this with you guys Texazzpete and Cabali because of the help you guys gave me from the scratch thanks to you guys I have become an iphone genius to an extent sha lol! Am tired, been on online since 7pm yesterday takecare guys.
IPHONE ROCKS!!!   

So you finally got an iPhone 3g, huh?

Will try and burn my ipa apps on a DVD and send over to you. Probably this weekend.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by coolnaira: 6:09pm On May 27, 2009
@Texazzpete well no am still using my 2g iphone 8gb, I mean what's the point of getting the 3g iPhone the only difference is that it's 3g same functions and feature except for the 3g tech share.
So I bought the 2g iPhone and pocked my remaining cash LOL! Have u read about the 3.0 iPhone Os? Would it work for my jailbroken iPhone? I also read that if I update my iPhone with the 3.0 it will change back to normal official iPhone os.
Do I need something like the custom Os I downloaded for 2.2.1?
Am using this Id now cuz Seun as blocked me from posting just because I drop my email for assistance, the nexthing was a bold read warning that I was blocked from post because I was spamming. I have sent him a mail to reactivate my ID to enable me to post, hope he does that for now am using this ID. Ok I will be expecting the Dvd with Games,applications etc thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 4:09pm On May 28, 2009
I asked that for two reasons

1. You placed an iphone 2G 8Gb for sale here recently
2. The speeds you're quoting are way above what EDGE/GPRS can deliver,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2009
That is so true!

With 3g u can practically hit a 2Mbps (at least I know that much with Zain)
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by coolnaira: 9:44pm On May 28, 2009
texazzpete:

I asked that for two reasons

1. You placed an iphone 2G 8Gb for sale here recently

I told you I had problems with one and I sold it and bought another one, yes I ve 3 other Iphones that I ve for sale presently with me.

texazzpete:

2.2. The speeds you're quoting are way above what EDGE/GPRS can deliver,

My God!  shocked PLS DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE IPHONE!!! If you dont believe me then am disappointed at what you saying, I ve no gain in lying I ve stated the software am using to connect to pc thats what am even using to reply your post.Its ok I did not believe myself until I got connected via Edge grin I will just keep ving fun with my iphone.

cabali:

That is so true!

With 3g u can practically hit a 2Mbps (at least I know that much with Zain)

Thank God you also know about this, Its quite fun browsing using your iphone as a modem. I tried it on mtn because their Edge is more stable here than Zain but it will be sweeter on Etisalat there Edge is awesome!!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 6:29am On May 29, 2009
MB/kbs = KB/s

so doesn't this mean his speeds were 3 KB/s and 5 KB/s?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by coolnaira: 7:26am On May 29, 2009
logica:

MB/kbs = KB/s

so doesn't this mean his speeds were 3 KB/s and 5 KB/s?

You should know better that was a mistake and is not possible to have MB/Kbs at the same time, actually my speed on Edge is is between 2.4Mbps and 3Mbps and on WIFI is 5Mbps sharp!

It seems you guys doubt every word am saying, well no problem I will stop what am doing here I thought this was a good thread to discuss, share , research anything about an Iphone with Nigerians here I was dead wrong sha, what a waste of my time.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by xammy(m): 7:43am On May 29, 2009
where and how much can i get iphone 3G 16G. Lost my to biger boyz lol pls txt 08069157360

cheers
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2009
coolnaira:

You should know better that was a mistake and is not possible to have MB/Kbs at the same time, actually my speed on Edge is is between 2.4Mbps and 3Mbps and on WIFI is 5Mbps sharp!

It seems you guys doubt every word am saying, well no problem I will stop what am doing here I thought this was a good thread to discuss, share , research anything about an Iphone with Nigerians here I was dead wrong sha, what a waste of my time.

Just a reaction from ONE person on the thread and u flip

worth it?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by coolnaira: 7:14pm On May 29, 2009
cabali:

Just a reaction from ONE person on the thread and u flip

worth it?

I guess it's best to remain silent than been open, ready to share knowledge but it kills my spirit when Nigerian pple doubt me. I have learnt a good lesson here, I don't blame those that demand for cash here in Nairaland before they share good information I only opened up to him and you cause he asisted me from scratch. I always disturb him with calls to asist me and never doubted him for once that just the way I am.
By the way do you know if Etisalat has a data plan like Mtn and zain? I load N1k and am given 100mb to surf the web but their edge is not that stable but better than Zain at my end. Etisalat is very good and fast but not sure if they offer Internet data plan to surf the web.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 4:51pm On May 30, 2009
@Infoseye/Coolnaira
You disappoint me greatly. All i did was to ask you if you were using a 3g iPhone now, since the speeds you're quoting are not technically possible for EDGE/GPRS. Just in case you need further confirmation, Wikipedia says

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPRS
The maximum speed of a GPRS connection offered in 2003 was similar to a modem connection in an analog wire telephone network, about 32-40 kbit/s, depending on the phone used. Latency is very high; round-trip time (RTT) is typically about 600-700 ms and often reaches 1 s. GPRS is typically prioritized lower than speech, and thus the quality of connection varies greatly.

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDGE
EDGE can carry data speeds up to 236.8 kbit/s (with end-to-end latency of less than 150 ms) for 4 timeslots (theoretical maximum is 473.6 kbit/s for 8 timeslots) in packet mode

No one here has accused you of lying, instead we all assumed you may have been mistaken. Why the histronics, then? I find your comments about knowledge sharing for cash very puzzling. As far as i know, unlike the larger Phone section, none of the foremost iPhone exponents (myself, logica, Ex, lungwun, cabali etc) are hungry students or people who are so desperate for dough that we extort hapless individuals for a pittance.

Perhaps you'd appreciate why i find your 'waste of time' comment rather ironic. I just spent 30 mins this morning plus one of my precious Verbatim Dual Layer DVDs (which i bought from piccadily circus strictly for copying Xbox 360 games after scouring innumerable internet forums) to burn all my ipa apps for you. And i've never met you before.

What's done is done. Send me your details via SMS today and i'll send the disc to you, then i can draw curtains on this chapter. In the future, however, you may want to read carefully and understand before replying.
As i said before, you disappoint me greatly.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by coolnaira: 5:00pm On May 30, 2009
what you ve posted here tex is old news dated 2003 now ok fine I took it to far, that's the speed am using 5mb on wifi and 2.4mb on edge am not joking man.
I will call u and give u my details thank u ooooo!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2009
It shouldnt have gone south this bad if managed properly infoseye, Tex, if I remember was the one calling on everyone to assist you on this thread! It was un called for.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 8:37pm On May 30, 2009
Yeah!!! am free to post now Seun has reactivated my ID no more coolnaira lol!!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:55am On May 31, 2009
Infoseye, U dissapoint me greatly,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:05am On May 31, 2009
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 3:33am On May 31, 2009
Texaspete i thought xbox360 games were hdvd so you can rip them.@coolnaira what's with you pete,ex never ask shit from pple and always bustin thier ass to assist pple.don't make look like he's wasting his time.also fyi Zune HD LOOKS very rivalry
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 8:20am On May 31, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Zune_HD_image.png
Sorry dudes i know this means stepping on toes but i think this is the closet to competing with iphone.the processor and 3d chip.since it's the only device that can output hd apart from omnia.did i say compete i meant this is what should be tagged as Iphone-Killer.prove me wrong?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:28am On May 31, 2009
but I thought it wasnt a phone or am I mis-reading. iPhone killer that isnt a phone? I gotta see this!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 9:37am On May 31, 2009
@all am tired of you pple posting links for me to read, I know what I see when my iPhone connects. Let everyone beleive what ever they beleive. Am not ready to exchange words here, last night a yahoo guy in area asked me to setup a dailup like mine using his phone as a modem.
I followed the steps infobaba posted as I was expecting the regular 115kbps to my surprise it was 579kbps. I took a look at the phone was a Nokia I think it's 6820 or so it looked like n95 but it's smaller it's 3g etc with 2.0mp. So tell me what u think about that? Not possible? I will end this here.
@pc guru and boss ttdiamond don't just jump into things u don't know, droping linkings from other websites that does not conclude am wrong or it's impossible. I browse everyday using my Machine on edge to surf the net.
@ tex I downloaded a software cycorder with It I can record videos on my 2g iPhone, there this software also in case you do a itune restore you can backup your games,applications etc it's called springback. It will come in handy for any iPhone user that encounters a problem and need to backup his app, games b4 doing a clean restore and loosing everything. It works well, then I upgraded my camera from 3.0 to 4.0 making clearer using clearcam you should try it. Have a goodday with God am out.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:40am On May 31, 2009
You may just have shot yourself in the foot, infoseye!

And no, EDGE (2.75G) is not that fast. it is just 4 times the speed of GPRS (2.5G). It is with 3G that u can attain 10 times the speed of 2.5G

I suspect phone is the iPhone 3G in disguise grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 10:08am On May 31, 2009
Oh my another one again, look try it yourself stop searching the web with google for answers. Download iphonemodem at iphonemodem.net and connect your iphone it will dectect it and connect but not and u using Mtn then enter the ip in the settings and reconnect and see for yourself.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 10:38am On May 31, 2009
well I dont know if it is the phone that detects possible speed for the network or vice varsa. MTN's 3G speed is abt 3.2 even if u can attain that (with the shared property) that will be for 3G not EDGE.

Anyway enjoy the speed if thats what u get.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 11:26am On May 31, 2009
@info i see no reason why you are taking it personal it's not like steve job giving any fanboy awards.if it browses at 2gbps it's ur gain.@cabali not a phone rather a pmp who knows one might be in the making. sorry itouch killer then.
note:the fact something is written on the net doesn't make it true don't be a victim of genetic fallacy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (103)

How To See Hidden Number That Call You / Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.