Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,036 members, 7,852,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:59 PM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179393 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
yeah, watching the unlock video on youtube.
wondering if any of you have the 3.0 firmware stored already incase apple tries
to pull some stunt and cover up the leaks (holes/injection vectors) the dev team used to unlock the phone.
just to be on the safe side i have just stored the 3.0 firmware(beta tho) cos i guess in the video unlock,
thats what was used.
now its how to bypass the unique id thingy.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2009
if apple does pull the plug on 3.0 (unlikely) how in hell do you figure using beta fw on your phone? you nuts? get rid of those pills and get down here from those clouds, nucca.

wot you need to hold on to (if you absolutely have to) is the 3.0 GM which is exactly the same stuff everyone's getting come 6pm naija time today.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2009
well, aint nothing really wrong with beta stuff. have been using windows 7 ultimate beta since
february. thing is, come august i might actually miss it (well, the super fetch part of it).

might still be in the clouds tho not with pills but free stella artois!
was so high yesterday i went to watch a friendly cricket match. cricket! of all things.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
lungwun:

well, aint nothing really wrong with beta stuff.

seriously? so anything locked in testing phase can be used in realworld productivity environments, abi? is that the jab of your point? ok, look, really, ditch the pills and chillax, guy, because anything deemed as beta means its teeming with bugs; hence the need to seed it prelease in order to find the bugs and quash them. then its on to Release Candidate (in some cases, except Apple) which is essentially to confirm the bugs have indeed been either eliminated or reduced to less aggravating levels. Next up is Gold Master (GM), which is the final product.

lungwun:

have been using windows 7 ultimate beta since february.

which means you're missing more stability and a few nips and tucks here and there on the UI. im running on Windows 7 Ultimate RC. loving it! finally MS is challenging Apple's leopard.

lungwun:

might still be in the clouds tho not with pills but free stella artois!

good luck with the Red Bull, challenger!

lungwun:

was so high yesterday i went to watch a friendly cricket match. cricket! of all things.

well, you English have always been a bit daft. i mean, what with bad teeth and smelly breath, you had to add a silly game to your list of infamy. whle the rest of the civilized world burns its insides on high-octane coffee, you silly ninnies guzzle tepid tea. any wonder why god, in wrath, punishes you blighters with incessant rain and Nokia?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ex Inferis:

well, you English have always been a bit daft. i mean, what with bad teeth and smelly breath, you had to add a silly game to your list of infamy. whle the rest of the civilized world burns its insides on high-octane coffee, you silly ninnies guzzle tepid tea. any wonder why god, in wrath, punishes you blighters with incessant rain and Nokia?

Haha! English ni, English ko? I am a pure bred, true blood Naija patriot.
Shame will not even let me change my address from abuja nigeria to whatnot.
And yeah, the english are a strange lot. proof - they drive on the wrong side of the road.
and i just got beaten on by rain to crown it all. when is the ETA of 3.0?
have been waiting eagerly and checking every hour.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
true blood naija, indeed. why you come pack your load run dey squat with those Pakis and loud indians? think the grass is greener? some of us actually got fed up and returned, and so far its all good, bar one or two hiccups. (ok, a million hiccups, but waddaya do?)

well its supposed to be 10am Pacific Standard Time which if i remember correctly should be like 6pm naija. im more family with the Eastern time zone, PST is not my thing.

you pimply lot on that dreary island use GMT, i presume? well go figure, Pinchley
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2009
My brother na school o. i wonder if masters na by force. i for even do am for naija but,
those our lecturers sef. when i finish i go sharply show back to come chop federal govt money.

on a diff note, just downloaded 3.0. its all up to the dev team now. keeping my fingers n toes crossed.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Arthur001: 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2009
i just got this iphone, i`m kind of confused cos i don`t know how to install applications like games and other.
heard it was done on the net, still don`t know how.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
I advise you read every page on this thread.

Guranteed success
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2009
Hey peeps, I need you guys to help me out on this, I can't use facebook with the Safari browser on my iphone, it keeps logging me out immediately I sign in, What do I do?How can I get another browser on my iphone? How can I add sources to my iphones so I can get more applications? How can I use facebook peeeps,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2009
there is a free facebook application in the appstore; you just need an account. luckily iphone OS 3.0 allows you to do just that from the phone itself.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
Doyn1,

While I don't know your OS version, the problem you described is a known cookie problem. There used to be a fix for that on Installer, and I suppose the fix has been moved to Cydia. I'm feeling to lazy to help you do a search, so get working on google.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2009
Oya now my people. I need you to please help me out with using facebook on my Iphone, Guys make it happen for me,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
First of all, do you have an itunes account?
if you do, there is this app thingy on your iphone called appstore.
open it up/launch it, check under top 25 and select top free
you should see facebook there, its number 24 on the list select it and install it
and bobs your uncle!
if you dont have an itunes account i strongly recommend you create one.
feel free to pop back for more queries
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 12:00am On Jun 19, 2009
Thanks for yours gesture peeps, 1, I dont hv the application called appstore on my iphone and I also dont have an Itunes acct since I hv to register and I guess its restricted to peeps out of Naija cos of d credit card thing, Please what do I do??
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 3:09am On Jun 19, 2009

Follow these 10 steps

1. Just open iTunes on your lap or desktop,

2. go to iTunes store

3. Click on Apps tore to your left

4. click on free apps on your right

5. look for and get the facebook application

6. iTunes will prompt you to create an account

7. follow the leads, when it gets to credit card type, if u are in Nigeria tick none (cos they dont recognise any  cards from here no matter how valid or authentic)

8. Then input a valid address in a country listed for apple store.

9. The account will be created and you will get the facebook app downloaded on ur iTunes which can further be synced to ur iPhone or iTouch.

10. Then get yourself a beer!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2009
If he doesn't have the appstore app, it means he's running firmware 1.1.x.
i've seen a couple of people still on that shyte, complete with the Ziphone icon on the springboard cheesy

If i remember correctly Ex Inferis used to be a Zibri supporter grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 9:04am On Jun 19, 2009
texazzpete:

New features in OS 3.0

New Features in 3.0:

1. Cut/Paste
2. Copy/Paste
3. Shake to undo/redo typing
4. Text selection for easy mass deletion
5. MMS
6. Landscape keyboard in Notes
7. Landscape keyboard in Mail
8. Landscape keyboard in Messages
9. Forward texts or picture messages
10. Delete individual texts or picture messages
11. Sending progress bar in Messages app moved to title instead of over the keyboard area (allows typing new message while the first one is sending)
12. USB tethering
13. Bluetooth tethering
14. Stereo bluetooth (A2DP)
15. Spotlight search (searches all app titles, mail, media, contact details, and calendar appointments)
16. Search in Notes
17. Search in Mail
18. Search in iPod
19. In-App purchases
20. Option to have double clicking the home button go to the Spotlight Search
21. Option to have double clicking the home button go to the Camera
22. Preview icon in lower left hand corner for last shot taken in Camera app
23. Shake to shuffle in iPod
24. Scrolling of screenshots in App Store
25. Type of phone used under each call in Recents (i.e., mobile, home, work, etc.)
26. Call history log (including call duration)
27. Option to Share Contact in each contact listing
28. Hold link in Safari to Copy
29. Hold link in Safari to Open in New Page
30. Auto Fill contact information, usernames and passwords in Safari
31. Login to your YouTube account
32. See Comments in YouTube
33. Subscribe in YouTube
34. Rate in YouTube
35. Shake to undo what you have typed
36. Option to retry sending failed text messages, indicated by red exclamation point next to text
37. Turn-by-turn GPS capabilities
38. Maps can be run inside other applications
39. Access to dock port for accessories to communicate
40. Peer-to-peer connectivity using Bluetooth (no Wi-Fi required)
41. New Voice memo application
42. Extended Parental controls
43. Anti-phishing
44. Wi-Fi auto login
45. Note syncing in iTunes
46. Improved Stocks app
47. New calendar types (CalDAV)
48. Prompt to confirm deleting a note
49. Prompt to confirm deleting a photo
50. Option to select multiple photos to attach to an email
51. "Find My iPhone" option for MobileMe users
52. Unlimited size podcast downloads over 3G
53. Pushing home button on first home screen takes user to Spotlight
54. Pushing home button on Spotlight takes user to first home screen
55. Variable speed playback for audio books
56. App Store subscriptions
57. Push notifications
58. Audio/Video tags
59. New video streaming capabilities (HTML 5 video, h.264 and HTTP)
60. Calendar subscriptions
61. iTunes login
62. iTunes account creation
63. Encypted profiles
64. LDAP (directory services)
65. VPN on-demand
66. EAP SIM
67. Proxy support
68. OTA profiles
69. Revoke certificates
70. Exchange ActiveSync Policies
71. Media scrubber
72. More languages
73. Improved keyboards
74. Failed app updates now are shown in a duplicate icon and labeled "Paused"
75. When selecting multiple emails to forward/delete, any unread emails' blue dot are shown next to the red selector dot instead of being overridden by the red selector dot
76. Non-contact phone calls list their city and state of origin in Recents and Visual Voicemail under the number.
77. Ability to change ringtones straight from Favorites
78. Lap time display now displayed smaller and above time in Stopwatch
79. Polished Phone, Messages, and iPod icons
80. Swipe to delete notes in the Notes app
81. Advanced Bluetooth options for Handsfree devices
82. Option to close a single web page in Safari page view, which immediately opens a new blank page
83. Improved predictive dictionary
84. Blue dot now displayed in center of location circle in Maps (V1 only)
85. Listening to music while charging the battery now displays the album art instead of the battery
86. Smaller font for song title on lock screen
87. Option in Phone Settings to choose your phone number
88. Option to disable text message reminder alerts
89. Option to disable text message previews
90. Option to show subject field in text messages
91. Ability to integrate iPod music into apps
92. Clickable email links in App Store app descriptions
93. JavaScript 3x speed boost
94. 11 homescreens now allowed
95. Reboots to "slide to unlock" screen instead of homescreen
96. In Settings>General>Home>Search Results, users can choose what is searched on the phone and in what order.
97. Application count added in Settings>General>About
98. Option "Load Remote Images" added in Mail settings
99. Global address book option available if Exchange account is set up
100. Speed control in audiobooks
101. 30 second repeat option for audiobooks
102. Improved scrubbing speeds when holding white dot in song progress bar in iPod
103. When sending a text, your text box where you typed smoothly fades from white to green instead of instantly changing from white to green.
104. When moving an app across homescreens, holding the app on either the left or right side will slowly advance the app one through one homescreen at a time, without leaving empty spots in the bottom right corner or each homescreen it advances through.
105. Album name displayed on lockscreen iPod controls
106. Shake to shuffle on lockscreen iPod controls
107. Podcasts saved on iPhone now show Run Time, Time Left and Date Published
108. Screen goes from dimmed to full brightness after each song when playing the iPod while plugged in
109. WAVE file support in Mail
110. Attachment no longer automatically downloaded until user taps the attachment in Mail
111. When using a bluetooth headset with iPod, volume bar is removed and bluetooth headset name is displayed in its place.
112. A hard reset on your phone (holding sleep and home for 10 seconds) now turns it off instead of restarting it.
113. A space is no longer needed between two words for predictive texting to function.

wow!
sounds good.

please let me know once it's safe to upgrade to the 3.0 version
thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 10:40am On Jun 19, 2009
texazzpete:

If he doesn't have the appstore app, it means he's running firmware 1.1.x.
yeah, chatted with him yest and he is running on 1.1.4.
suggested he upgrade to 2.x but not 2.2.1.
guys are buying the 3GS PAYG for 440 aren't ya interested?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2009
texazzpete:

If i remember correctly Ex Inferis used to be a Zibri supporter grin

still am! got my second iphone classic on 1.1.2, with BL 4.6. ziphone 3.0 saved my arse.

right now im getting infuriated; wot's the devteam up to? dont really need youtube for now, release Quickpwn 3.0 or pwnagetool already! or maybe they figure they best wait for the 3GS and kill two stones with one bird.

PS: mac os x 10.5.7 has issues wit DFU AGAIN if running itunes 8.2
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2009
Ex Inferis:

right now im getting infuriated; wot's the devteam up to? dont really need youtube for now, release Quickpwn 3.0 or pwnagetool already!
have never had the use for the youtube app
so they should please hurry d hell up. since i am on a contract i wouldve upgraded but,
i dont know what i'll do without openSSh and all my emulators
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2009
wot use do you still find for secure shelling?

true, i do all my youtubing on pc and download vids via keepvid. on the iphone i use MXTube. but really, devteam, its not like youtube is a killer app. then again they say it goes beyond youtube; apparently push notification doesnt work on non-legit carriers.

there goes my one reason for updating to 3.0!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2009
use the ssh tool mostly for vwallpaper. cos i go everywhere with the set up its quite easy to
place things i find in other peeps systems in the iphone. very convienient and cable free.
so my cable is constantly @ home.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2009
Thanks Cabali, I got the facebook application downloaded on my ITunes, D problem I have now is how to sync it to my iphone Help me out guys,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2009
lungwun:

guys are buying the 3GS PAYG for 440 aren't ya interested?
Where? The info I have is PAYG is scrapped with 3.0; users on PAYG are receiving notifications asking them to choose a plan.

Ex Inferis:

wot use do you still find for secure shelling?
Blasphemy! How else can I conveniently execute *nix commands (have u ever tried a "ps aux" to figure which process is eating up so much resources)?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
Thanks Cabali, I got the facebook application downloaded on my ITunes, D problem I have now is how to sync it to my iphone Help me out guys,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2009
um, no. mostly because there are few background resources running at any given time. ive never had memory problems except once playing NFSU, the sh1t'll just freeze. but then reboot is my friend.

still, cant find a use for SSH. or, better yet, a compelling need.

@doyn1

same way you sync your media. if you dont know how to do that then you dont need an iphone; get yourself a Nokia.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2009
Hmm thanks but been using this phone from inception and I sync my media like everyday and all but it wont just work the same way with the applications, Is it a function of my firmware or something,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2009
logica:

Where? The info I have is PAYG is scrapped with 3.0; users on PAYG are receiving notifications asking them to choose a plan.
Well i can tell from first hand info (went to the O2 store to talk about upgrading my phone)
that the 3GS is available PAYG at 440 pounds (besides, the guys politely told me to f**k off).
Doyn1:

Thanks Cabali,  I got the facebook application downloaded on my ITunes, D problem I have now is how to sync it to my iphone Help me out guys,
doyn1, select your iphone in itunes and under the applications tab, pretty straight forward from here.
if you still cant work it out, maybe you should stick to symbian s60 devices. they are sooo for the gen pop!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
Doyn1, come to think of it i actually tried syncing an iphone 2g with my jailbroken apps but they
did not sync. i guess you may be right on this one.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2009
which one is "jailbroken apps" again? Cydia apps, cracked appstore apps, or your own figment of imagination fueled by all those multicolored pills in your pocket?

@Logica

iphone 3GS is available on PAYG on O2. made my sis ask. she plans on getting one.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2009
haha, slip of finger grin my brain actually sent cracked apps but my fingers have a mind of thier own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (103)

Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.