Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,987 members, 7,852,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179390 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2009
goes to show how badly we want that jailbreak.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2009
Ex Inferis,
3GS Is it being released @ the same time in the UK as in the US?  shocked That's new. I hardly follow goings-on in the UK.

Doyn1,
I believe your problem is your OS (1.1.4). I will be surprised if you can install an apps from AppStore.

Solution? Upgrade to 2.2/2.2.1/3.0 as you have been told earlier.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
yessir @Logica

it went on sale 8am today local time in the UK, 7am local time (PST) in the US. i dont know if you know but we are on different time zones, with PST like 6hrs -GMT
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2009
Thanks Logica, Someone told me if I upgrade to 2.2.1 it will crash my phone and will loose all my applications, etc. Let be precise about it bro, what version should I upgrade too ? Plus I hv a 8GB memory
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 4:06pm On Jun 19, 2009
not crash, it will be locked back to its its original carrier. and yes you will have to jailbreak it
again. unfortunately you will not be able to unlock it, yet.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2009
@Logica

32%? that seems to me within fair usage range. spikes of like 50%> are sure to scare, and games like NFSU do hit that. Diorama is also a memory hog. but the worst of them all is iElegance.

@Doyn1

not really. every subsequent release of the OS MAKES your phone more stable, not less. like, d'uh. why do you think apple bothers with updates if not to make a good OS even gooder (er, better).

also, it doesnt matter what storage capacity you have. best wait for quickpwn and ultrasn0w so you can upgrade to 3.0. whether mobileinstallation will be patched in good time remains to be seen. perhaps the one from 2.2.1 may work if directory structures remain the same.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2009
to digress a bit, mr ex, does your windows 7 rc have a deadline/expiry date?
mine is telling me 13 more days. boy am i going to miss it. have to go back to that dreary vista.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2009
@lungwun

yep. july 2010. if yours says its expiring, then its not RC. you're running on the beta and you have until august before it goes completely kaput. dead. muerte.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 19, 2009
@ Logica and Ex----- What do you suggest I do??
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
Lugwun,

Stop disseminating wrong info. His phone is 2G, therefore it can be JB'd and unlocked using QuickPwn.

Doyn1,

Yes you will lose your applications, as they have become obsolete anyway you can say "good riddance". But you can back-up your contacts and even your SMS messages (if you know how). You will need to do a full restore and not upgrade. Trying to upgrade will result in an error that may leave you in dire straits. So if you can't wait for 3.0 as suggested, upgrade to 2.2.1.

Ex Inferis,

I use iElegance. I believe that's what is tasking the SpringBoard.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2009
or just get a Nokia.

PS: the reason im being such an arse is because we painstakingly gave each and every single step involved in upgrading, recovering, jailbreaking, syncing, cracking/patching, theming, etc over the course of 2 years. its but a few flicks to pages back but no, some people HAVE to be lazy.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2009
@ logica, yes boss.
disseminating wrong info i shall stop. lol.

@ ex.
chuuurchh!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2009
lungwun:

@ ex.
chuuurchh!!

? ? ? huh ? ? ? <dazed>

church? waddayameanlike? im muslim.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2009
ok, in english,,,,,,,,, you said the truth to (**fill in the blank spaces**)
regarding the nokia thingy.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2009
ohh. that's wot you mean. you know, you english pricks speak with such a funny accent it even crops up in your typing.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2009
its 9am friday morning now in CA, USA. the devs are still asleep while we here are beginning to see saturday butting in. my bet: 10pm tonight.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2009
Logica, thanks for all this jare! Are you in Las-Gidi?
@ Ex- na wa 4 u if only u know d difference btw been careful nd nt been ignorant, If u can't make any difference 2 d plight here why dont u jst shut those eyes of yours nd pretend u didnt see d thread!!!!! Nigerians sha!!!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
@doyn1

you poor diseased simpleton! im not gloating to say that i went to the most trouble to give the most information on this thread, so if people like you chose to be lazy and not bother going one or two pages back, wot then is all our work for? we slaved for two years to help people we dont know GRATIS, and then you still ask for help when all the help you need is a few pages back?

look, dont start nothing cause im pissed off hitting F5 since last night and following Tweeter, if you start a war there is nothing short of outright ban to prevent me going North Korea on your pale blue arse.

just stop right there with this BS and flip back a few pages.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2009
seems no ultrasn0w today. also no quickpwn for windows, all we get is pwnagetool for mac which is pretty useless considering we just want gthe unlock more than the jailbreak.

downgrading to 2.2.1

devteam is fuctup
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
we should still give em time. was really looking forward to that unlock tho.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2009
Hey peeps( Logica, Oga Mr inferis, I have the 3.0 firmare on my itunes which I can update too, I have 1.1.4 firmare(iphone 2g) but I'm just worried that if I update to 3.0, I might loose all my data and messages so is there anyway I can back up my datas, messages and get them back after updating to 3.0. Please I need your candid advice on this from experts only,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by arsenal4va(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2009
any idea if it is released in belgium or italy?  they sell unlocked

and btw , how much does it cost ?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2009
@doyn1

hold off updating unless you have a mac. the jailbreaking tool for windows is on hold indefinitely. keep watching this thread for updates.

@lungwun

those a-holes had months toying wiv the 3.0 betas, then they unlocked with the gold master on video and promised friday.

wot a fiasco! i can imagine twenty million iphone/ipodtouch owners are cussing the devteam to eternal damnation.

im going nokia.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2009
Ex Inferis:

im going nokia.
grin and miss out on all the iphone goodies? i dare you to
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
wot good are them thar goodies if you cant install them?

look, i know it sounds horrible going off to defile myself with nokia but i swear if this thing isnt out by sunday evening im going rogue.

right now ive just dug up an old MDA Vario (3.2mp, wifi, sans 3G) and im threatening to plonk my sim right in there.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2009
Nokia N97 launched today.

check out the "queue". seems no one is in a hurry to get one. why so? because directly opposite this shop is an apple retail store, reflected in the glass. (the 3 blokes on the left are just lazily shooting the breeze, and the doors are wide open. the teenagers strolling by are casually tweeting)

so where is everybody?

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2009
everybody is right here, queueing up to buy the iphone 3GS!

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2009
oh thats so cold. . . . grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
blame it on nokia's inability to change and take risks. imagine, a search engine giant is now also stealing nokia's market share. once google does something to android's UI, even iphone os x will be on the endangered list. why? look at webOS; it has the same linux kernel as android but a great UI, and apple haters are flocking to it as a worthy competitor. all android needs is multitouch (which it can do), great transitions and UI. since its an open standard devs will flock to it.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 12:06am On Jun 20, 2009
I think the boffins at nokia need to re-assess their company strategy.
somebody i surely gonna get fired over this. the N97 was on my list for second phone
ditched the idea when i saw the 5800 and knew it would not fall far from the tree.
pity tho. still in the market for a second phone.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 12:22am On Jun 20, 2009
nokia 5300 isnt too shabby. at least its not a pretensionist prick as the 5800

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (103)

Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.