Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,994 members, 7,852,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:52 PM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179391 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 12:41am On Jun 20, 2009
5300? do they still sell that phone? thinking of maybe waiting for the E72.
but seriously cant all these phone manufacturers come up with something revolutionary?
instead of riding on apples d**k. apple needs a lot of competition. and
the competition aint putting out anything worthwhile. pity.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:02am On Jun 20, 2009
iphone 3.0 jailbroken. cydia, icy, winterboard all available

the MTN reception is roaming via my 02 sim.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:04am On Jun 20, 2009
warning: mobileinstallation patch does NOT work on 3.0; to install cracked apps you need AppSync available from the same hackulous source.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2009
why nokia is such a crap company: it keeps churning out identical looking devices with similar features, functionality and looks.

behold the mighty E72 prototype. (er, its the one on the left. the other is the E71)

icons have been refreshed, yay! go Team Nokia!

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:45am On Jun 20, 2009
so it is here finally!!

I wonder when there is going to be a release of the next iTouch. I am chilling, waiting for that one.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 9:50am On Jun 20, 2009
my cool SPBMobile Shell 3.0 User Interface running on my HTC/MDA Vario (WinMo 6.1).

yes, i know. but for lack of 3G unlock, im experimenting with devices i otherwise confine to the bottom locker.

not as deep as touchflo3D, but cool transitions and 3D effects.

@Cabali

september. the ipod refresh schedule is always september

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2009
Ex Inferis:

@Cabali

september. the ipod refresh schedule is always september

ok thanks. meanwhile I am supposing those pics are live? how come it is dark, the time says 3.15; where are u?  grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2009
meanwhile is it possible to do a VPN on my laptop and get connection to an iTouch?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:05am On Jun 20, 2009
@Cabali

no, dumbass, you VPN into networks, not devices. wot you do on devices is called SSH, Secure Shelling. it means you tunnel into a basic shell interface at the CLI level and do admin stuff.

Redsn0w is out. it provides the same functionality as quickpwn (ie jailbreaks iphone classic, iphone 3g, ipt2g, and the original ipodtouch).

not sure if it comes with bootneuter for classic iphone, but downloading now.

here is the link (its a torrent)

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4965034/redsn0w-win_0.7.zip.4965034.TPB.torrent

UPDATE. done downloading. it does come with bootneuter!

@doyn1

you can now update your phone to 3.0, but do a restore rather than a straight update. then download and use redsn0w to jailbreak and unlock. after all that is done, fire up cydia, install AppSync, reboot, and sync cracked apps until you're beat.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2009
@ ex inferis,
1 did red snow really unlock your 3g on 3.0 or just jailbroke it?
2 whats up with it? cant seem to get it working on my laptop.
3 when i execute it, cmd prompt flashes for a microsecond.
4 this is basically just a peace offering innit?
5 you no dey sleep?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2009
@lungwun

so far no software unlock exists for iphone 3g outside of the devteam. my phone is not unlocked, i only used my 02 sim to activate via itunes and naturally it picks up MTN reception on roaming.

i am guessing you're running on win7 beta. you cant seriously expect everything to work. redsn0w works on my win7RC.

sleep is a luxury i cant afford; ive been watching Family Guy and American Dad episodes back to back for the past 24 hours.

wots wiv the numbered questions?

EDIT;

lungwun you're right; there are issues wiv RS. the moment it begins searching for connected iphone, it exits.

nuts.

UPDATE:

@lungwun

RS 0.7.1 is out now, try it. its working for me.

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4965140/redsn0w-win_0.7.1.zip.4965140.TPB.torrent
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2009
on it already. lemme see if there will be hope for me.
is there anyway to save your progress on your cracked apps?
cause i would lose a whole lot of game saves.
maybe i should ssh my phone and snoop around.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2009
yep at least it is now executing on my laptop.

****do i really need to unlock my phone?****
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 11:30am On Jun 20, 2009
lungwun:

****do i really need to unlock my phone?****

thats like saying, "should i go on living, or do i keel over and die?"

as for game progress, i think, though im not sure, they keep files in the corresponding appfolder in /mobile/documents
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 11:32am On Jun 20, 2009
unlock, not jailbreak. cos i am on O2 and might not be in naija till the winter/harmattan
break soo, i wonder why i am so particular about the unlock
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2009
i got you the first time. even if you do unlock, your 02 sim works just fine. since you do plan on coming, unlocking is a sensible option.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2009
just did the jailbreak. did not need to install anything in cydia.
all my cracked apps are working just fine,
ultra snow here we come.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2009
a coupla pix

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2009
now, i cant seem to be able to connect to my home network again. this is getting really
annoying. it seems apple is up to something.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2009
really feeling the icy. a faster improvement over cydia.
my beef now is i cant get skrew common and vwallpaper running. cant get my cracked apps on it too
and i have installed the appthingy. the main beef now is the fact that my wifi just cannot connect
no more to my home hub. otherwise, same old, same old
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by arsenal4va(m): 10:47am On Jun 21, 2009
@ lungwun have u managed to fix your issues ?

did you get the issues when to tried to unlock the phone ? or when u upgraded to 3.0 ?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2009
Got the issues after i had jailbroken it on 3.0 and launchd the cydia app.
when it reloaded/restarted, my wifi connectivity ran away. the pic above was just after jailbreaking.
and as you can see, the wifi was on.
have been trying to connect to my home hub all i get is 'unable to join the network "sky*****".
my laptop is connecting, my 8gb 3g 2.2.1 is connecting but not the 16gb 3.0.
have sorted out the cracked apps thing tho.
all in all, apart from the wifi, all is well.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by arsenal4va(m): 11:13am On Jun 21, 2009
what was the deal with the cracked app thing ?

am goin 3.0 later today , so just need to be sure wink

the wifi issue is concerining though , had the same issue when i intially bought the 3g and upgraded to 2.2 , I reset the phone and i was back on to wifi ,

good luck and pls update if any other issues with 3.0
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by sleekric(m): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2009
My fellow iphone ppl, i remain loyal n humble, i'm a retired nokia geek, neva used d iphone before, jus got a new iphone yesterday from canada, its been unlocked cos my zain sim is in it, and i didn't need to do anything, however! I 'm am so lost on to what u guys are talkin bout,lol, from what i can gather u can do a 'jailbreak', and it seems mine has already been jailbroken wit cydia, i see it on background, the only thing i have done is connect it to my itunes and put some songs and vids on it, but from what i can see this Baby can do so much more, SO PLS PPL WHAT next for me, what is my next step to using this iphone 8gb 3g
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by puskin: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2009
D nu iPhone 3G S 32GB officially went on sale on June 19. Itz prize is btw $600 - $699
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2009
@ arsenal4eva,
no other issues noticed except vwallpaper is not compatible with 3.0 yet
waiting for an update for vwallpaper to fix it.
plan to go over to a friends place later to try n connect to his home hub.
will update you later.
@ sleek-ric
i assume what you might want are games and apps?
well first of all, download your games from http://appulo.us/ and open them with
itunes on your pc or laptop. then you fire up cydia on your iphone, under the sections tab,
(1) select hackulo.us and install mipatch.
(incase you dont have hackulo.us, select the manage tab, select sources, edit, add
then type in cydia.hackulo.us and add source. after it updates sources,
do (1) above.
for other minor tweaks and apps, the sections tab in cydia is pretty self explanatory and you just
install what you want in each of the categories. just read the documentation first.

all that sounded like gibberish right?.
http://hackulo.us/idiotsguide/viewarticle.php?a=addhackulous
this is a walkthrough for adding hackulous as a source.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2009
Anybody else following MuscleNerd on twitter?

MuscleNerd - "Good news, ultrasn0w is compatible with PIN-locked sims".

May mean is might be released today, who knows,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2009
soooo, here i am bored, endlessly waiting for Ultrasn0w, decided to do a side project to kill off time. wot to do? why, install leaked copy of Windows mobile 6.5 into that HTC Tytn 2 i was running SPB on.

here it is: got hold of a spanking cool Windows mobile 6.5 cooked ROM (HyperDragon 4), new 3.56 HardSPL (same sh1t in the ATT Tilt) and SuperCID (also have Hermes CID unlocker, but somehow reverts bootloader to <3.28 ). i was running earlier on pof's SPL 3.28, so did the whole jumpSPL thingy to flash the new bootloader in prep for winmo 6.5. so far so good, but  having radio issues. right now digging around XDA forum for a 1.62 radio.

also found out you can install android on the tytn 2. if UltraSn0w doesnt come out, i'll try that.

interesting way to kill time.

screenies later.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 12:56pm On Jun 21, 2009
I am off dev-team blog and and any other updates
off to reorganise my clan and immerse myself in COD4 online. see y'all on
wednesday. if i can that is.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Doyn1(m): 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2009
Oga Mr inferis, logica, cabali, I have a sitaution here and I trust that I can get solutions from you experts, I actually activated GPRS on my Zain sim with my Iphone 2G like 4days ago in which I went down the there office and the guy did some stuffs on my phone and on his system, 3days after I noticed my Zain sim wont read network at all, I tried some other Zain simcard and its all doing the same thing( not reading network), I also tried other networks on it and it's the same thing , I'm worried, I dont know what to do maybe its my Iphone or from Zain itself, Please peeeps say something, Now the iphone is just useless because it doesnt read my Zain(simcard) and thats d only network i use for it,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2009
try going to settings>general>reset>reset network settings

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (103)

Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.