Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl (33010 Views)

BBC, ALJAZEERA, VOA, CHANNELS, EMMANUEL TV & MORE NOW FREE-TO-AIR / AIT,BBC,NTA,VOA,NHK,RT,France 24, Aljazeera,Nollwood Tv, $ More Now FTA / Aljazeera Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by badaru1(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2013
Al Jazeera Sports win Premier League rights

Al Jazeera Sports revealed through screens Friday evening that acquired the global rights of the Premier League

Al Jazeera Sports won the rights to broadcast English Premier League beginning from next year and until 2016, making it the Premier League exclusively on Al Jazeera Sports

Noteworthy that the Premier League was broadcast on Abu Dhabi Sports channels exclusively,sofien72tu
However, Al Jazeera has managed to win their rights beginning of next season.

more about that

http://www.cs-kings.org/forum/showthread.php?8888-Exclusive-Al-Jazeera-Sports-win-Premier-League-rights
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by lekkie073(m): 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
badaru1: Al Jazeera Sports win Premier League rights

Al Jazeera Sports revealed through screens Friday evening that acquired the global rights of the Premier League

Al Jazeera Sports won the rights to broadcast English Premier League beginning from next year and until 2016, making it the Premier League exclusively on Al Jazeera Sports

Noteworthy that the Premier League was broadcast on Abu Dhabi Sports channels exclusively,sofien72tu
However, Al Jazeera has managed to win their rights beginning of next season.

more about that

http://www.cs-kings.org/forum/showthread.php?8888-Exclusive-Al-Jazeera-Sports-win-Premier-League-rights
good info.....now i have to go get d aljazeera card....

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Ibaku(m): 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
That's a big one. It remains to be seen what adjustments would be done, which beams the matches would be pushed to, 13e, 3.1e, 26e, 7w and surely an increase in price.

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Talibanis: 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
Time to get a bigger dish then.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by obnelly: 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
end of stories.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Adewunmis(m): 7:04pm On May 15, 2013
lekkie073:
good info.....now i have to go get d aljazeera card....
empty aljazeera card is available we can help u reload it.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by lekkie073(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2013
Adewunmis: empty aljazeera card is available we can help u reload it.
U mean u have an empty card for sale and u can as well reload it?
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by obnelly: 10:22pm On May 15, 2013
Take your time before you purchase that card .why cant you wait till the season will start,you cant be too sure aljazeera sport card may marry their cards just like dstv .
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by nzeval(m): 2:27pm On May 16, 2013
Aljazeera sport card will bw married wit receiver wen dey start showing ,so wait till season start before buy Aljazeera sport card ,
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by life707: 10:27am On May 17, 2013
We used to say JSC sport shows everything except EPL but now they will b showing all.
Yes,the price of cards will go up but far better than d south africans however a larger dish size is d limitation .
Hopefully,since the right is global, i hope they would transmit via NW beam for subsahara .
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by obnelly: 9:47pm On May 18, 2013
transmitting via nwa?hmmm God go help us .where big boy dey .na fight to finish.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Alexdinho10(m): 10:15pm On May 18, 2013
pls how much is jsc sport card where can i found it in gombe. thanks
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by life707: 7:56pm On May 19, 2013
obnelly: transmitting via nwa?hmmm God go help us .where big boy dey .na fight to finish.
@ obnelly, true talk.....keeping my fingers crossed. Imagine dat up here in the North we no longer watch JSC sport with 1.8M pan dish sad
Alexdinho10: pls how much is jsc sport card where can i found it in gombe. thanks
#20k in KD , 22K in Jos.
Dnt b in a rush!
There might b some changes in d whole set up......
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by docbindl(m): 8:14pm On May 22, 2013
Am a novice @ this Free to Air digital tv installation. So I need detailed help... Most importantly all I am after is just to be able to watch football (espcially the premier league) what equipment do I need and what card do I have to buy and the location I can get these in Lagos. Please help
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Omoakin5(m): 10:49am On May 23, 2013
Pls wat is happen has dstv lost d epl right?
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by obnelly: 1:43pm On May 23, 2013
omo akin dstv still hold the epl in west,east and south africa.we are talking about right in mena region.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 30, 2013
I cant be happy at the development. AD SPORTS gives me HD quality vid and higher signal strength than jsc. Oh no.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by odilibe(m): 11:43pm On May 30, 2013
auchs: I cant be happy at the development. AD SPORTS gives me HD quality vid and higher signal strength than jsc. Oh no.
jsc-sports has HD1 and HD2 @ hotbird...
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 02, 2013
Odilibe. good HD1 & 2 but jsc signal strength is better on 7'w 64-66% from east of 9ja. I will better choose a good signal strength. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by mecussey(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2013
Badaru I have not seen any advert concerning this, have they changed their mind?
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by nzeval(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
For you guys informations ..... Aljazeera sports and Abudhabi sports has lost out the EPL bid in 31/1/2013 to a company knw as MP&SILVER company for 3 seasons at rate of £5billion . But these company may give out the EPL right to Aljazeera or abudhabi .
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by atuamajustice: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Hmmm bros the actual cost was around 360 million doll.well adsport and aljazera might do a joint bid for the right as report have it.cos the companies in middle east are complainin of not makin much profit due to the soarin cost of ths EPL in dat region.so MP and Silva the agent dat the bought the epl right are still on negotitions to sell it either to adsport.aljazeera or osn or it might be a joint bid.well aljazeera seem to be the favourite.Results will be out soon so keep ur fingers crossed
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by mecussey(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Badaru do you think Aljazeera will start marrying their decoder?
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by obnelly: 10:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by olenyi: 6:25am On Jul 05, 2013
obnelly: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/2013/05/14/Mideast-football-fans-warned-of-late-kick-off-as-EPL-rights-sale-drags.html

But the news story is old naw. 14 may. We can't use it to judge situations now.

Regards.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by obnelly: 6:34am On Jul 05, 2013
Its an update brother,if you have new update kindly place it for people to read .To me its a new news i found it yesterday and i think it worth sharing.

MP and SILVER has the right already but they are looking for who will rebroadcast the signal between OSN,JSC AND ABU SPORT.
Since MP AND SILVER is in charge of aljazeera channel called beIN sport the chances of JSC carrying the day is still high among the satellite tv provider in MENA region.

You may read for update from their website.
http://www.mpsilva.com/barclays-premier-league-to-be-distributed-by-mp-silva-in-the-philippines-and-taiwan-until-2016/
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by olenyi: 7:35am On Jul 05, 2013
U have a point though. Aljazeera looks likely to have it as they're trying to expand their coverage/package as a build up to the 2022 world cup.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/2013/06/20/Al-Jazeera-Sport-seen-as-strong-player-as-EPL-rights-call-looms.html

Regards.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by olenyi: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2013
Going through these guys homepage, its like they are picking up the EPL rights in almost all the regions in middle east/north africa/asia. This is going to create a monopoly dat I feel won't be good for the beautiful game. angry

http://www.mpsilva.com/tag/epl/

Regards.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2013
olenyi: Going through these guys homepage, its like they are picking up the EPL rights in almost all the regions in middle east/north africa/asia. This is going to create a monopoly dat I feel won't be good for the beautiful game. angry

http://www.mpsilva.com/tag/epl/

Regards.
Will they beam to Africa and Nigeria expecially? I heard they have global rights. What's the implication for dstv
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by olenyi: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
Will they beam to Africa and Nigeria expecially? I heard they have global rights. What's the implication for dstv

Lets watch and see. Butt I know dat with their clout, pedigree and financial muscle, should they look towards africa as a whole and not only the northern part, they will sure give Dstv a run for their money.

Although it seems dat the only thing they are interested in is to just get the right and then resale to the highest bidder and take the top. So they might still pick the license, resale to Dstv at a high rate, take their gain, and force Dstv to raise their subscription rate once more to offset the high cost of the license. Which as I said is not going to be good for the beautiful game.

Or they could get the rights, boycott Dstv, sale to al Aljazeera. Thus enabling al jazeera to roll out their package across the rest of africa on the NORTH WEST AFRICA beam on nilesat, giving us a better and cheaper alternative to big brother.

The possibilities are endless.cheesy

Regards.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2013
olenyi:

Lets watch and see. Butt I know dat with their clout, pedigree and financial muscle, should they look towards africa as a whole and not only the northern part, they will sure give Dstv a run for their money.

Although it seems dat the only thing they are interested in is to just get the right and then resale to the highest bidder and take the top. So they might still pick the license, resale to Dstv at a high rate, take their gain, and force Dstv to raise their subscription rate once more to offset the high cost of the license. Which as I said is not going to be good for the beautiful game.

Or they could get the rights, boycott Dstv, sale to al Aljazeera. Thus enabling al jazeera to roll out their package across the rest of africa on the NORTH WEST AFRICA beam on nilesat, giving us a better and cheaper alternative to big brother.

The possibilities are endless.cheesy

Regards.
I hope they sell to aljazeera cos I have a strong feeling jsc has serious interest in West African market hence their package that beams to us on w7 and that they once place a bid to air the nigerian premier league.

Some serious competition would put dstv in check.
Re: Aljazeera Sport Has Won The Rights For Epl by olenyi: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
Obiagelli:

Some serious competition would put dstv in check.

U can say dat again. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PROMO! PROMO!! Get A Professional & Affordable Website: ANY BUSINESS... (#15k) / How To Connect Your DVR/CCTV Camera To Internet. / Strong Decoder Srt4663x And Dstv W4/w7 Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.