Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff (9065 Views)

Presidential Directive: Jonathan’s Men Secretly Returning FG Property / Paraded ‘Presidential Directive’ On APC Is False - Abati / Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Toktee(m): 10:04am On Apr 09, 2013
Maxymilliano: Very funny of Azu and his staff crew to play the victim, like I postulated earlier on similar thread, where there right end is where another's right start.

Freedom of speech does not mean shouting fire! Fire! where there is none.

Some of us claim to know what we don't know in this country. What was published by Leadership News amounts to sedition; incitement of the public against the president and the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

We shouldn't because of our myopic political ambitions or for the interest of a greedy few do things that will cause havoc in this country!

Gbenga Aruleba of AIT and Rotimi Durojaiye, aviation correspondence of Daily Independence Newspaper were arrested and charged in 2006 for sedition during Obasanjo's regime when the duo erroneously question the cost and air worthiness of Obasanjo's new Presidential jet and described it as 'Tokunbo'.

It won't be a new thing and once again, I urge the Attorney General of the Federation to bring an action against the Newspaper and its editors ... Heaven will not fall!
And when one shout fire!fire!! And come out to check and there iz no fire what do u do ?
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Kairoseki77: 10:06am On Apr 09, 2013
eGuerrilla: @nuclearboy,

You are addressing a group of individuals who would go to any length to mask the excesses of the current government. Stick around long enough and you would be regaled with more of the same vacuous argument they all present.

Anyone who supports the imprisonment of journalists is against open democracy and FREEDOM of speech.

In a sane country, their support for dictatorship would be considered treason.

In the US, Fox News is legendary for making up lies about President Obama and passing them off as facts. Still, Obama (like any American) would lay down his life for their right to free speech.

Nigeria is rapidly becoming a truly third world nation. It's especially sad considering how much hope there was for the economy.

Polio, domestic terrorism, openly corrupt politicians, endemic poverty, religious fanaticism, and now the arrest of journalists. I'm sure I'm missing a few things.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2013
Adura_ngba: Good for them.
I tot we are in a democratic regime?? Even if, they feel they falisfy state paper, i tot they shld be charged to court.

Why detain them??

Infact, Goodluck shld nt tink of contesting in 2015. Seriously, He keep messing up each passing day.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 09, 2013
Vision2017:

What was falsified in that report if I may ask? Secondly, shouldn't your so called President approach a competent court of jurisdiction if at all he felt some group of persons or orgainzation as the case may be want to assasinate his goodwill image? Every normal and right thinking person welcomes constructive criticisms so they could grow. It might also interest you to know that it was relayed sometime last week in the electronic media that some groups of unscrupulous individuals openly adduced they were paid by the ruling party to file application at the INEC office with same acronym- 'APC' solely to cause cog in the wheel of progress to the emerging, gigantic, powerful, purposeful and dynamic opposition party(APC) that will wrestle power from this power-drunk and corruption-infected ruling party(PDP).
It is on record and I stand to be challenged that till date, the national publicity secretary of the PDP, Cheif Olisa Metuh has not denied the allegation nor any of the party hierachy has done so.
So what are you saying? Anybody who means well for this nation will join the bandwagon and we shall together send PDP not just out of the seat of power but to oblivion.
1. You sound as though you can vouch for the authenticity of that report.
2. It is called "character assassination", not "constructive criticism" - and nobody condones that.
3. My submission is that every well-meaning Nigerian should vote for a credible candidate, not along party lines. After all your so-called purposeful & dynamic party (APC) parades some corrupt politicians who did not find space to ply their trade under PDP. I don't believe in partisan politics, at least not just yet.
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by tijayjay: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2013
fkaz:

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/51677/2013/04/08/presidential_directive_police_detain_four_leadership_staff.html
I am not for jonathan, but the truth must be told, it is a serious offense to forge or falsity state document, a document from the highest office of the land, the journalist should prove them self free by stating the origin of the document.
Every body with common sense know that the document was false for the following reasons.
1. NO ANY RECIPIENT STATED ON THE SAID DIRECTIVE
2. NO ANY SIGNATURE ON THE SAID DIRECTIVE
3. NO ANY OFFICIAL STAMPED ON THE SAID DIRECT
4. THE DIRECT WAS TYPE ON A SHEET OF PAPER ONLY WITH THE COAT OF ARM
So how come the editor do not notice that it was fake and went ahead to publish the fake document against the highest office of the land,i smell a rat here, the journalist must have be compromised by opposition, they must answer and clear the name if they are innocent this is worse than boko haram, u do not expect the presidency to be quite on such offense.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Paulonminyi: 10:43am On Apr 09, 2013
Goddex: GEJ is too tolerating, that is why these guys in the press keep chunning out lies to the public. They dared not tried this rubbish with Obj.

Simple questions to leadership newspaper:

1) produce the hardcopy of the bromide - the hardcopy may not even be there. What was published on the paper was mere graphic work that was poorly done and by an amateur.

2) State the source - simple truth, the document was forged and there is no source anywhere.

I think these guys should be dealt with severely to serve as eye opener to those guys in Punch, Nation etc
i doubt ur O'level certificate,u lack western education,ur tinkin is 2 primitive vry out-dated. Ve u eva hear anytin cal ogans of govt n deir functions?lo
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by wellmax(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2013
freechat: 1. You sound as though you can vouch for the authenticity of that report.
2. It is called "character assassination", not "constructive criticism" - and nobody condones that.
3. My submission is that every well-meaning Nigerian should vote for a credible candidate, not along party lines. After all your so-called purposeful & dynamic party (APC) parades some corrupt politicians who did not find space to ply their trade under PDP. I don't believe in partisan politics, at least not just yet.

These are the kind of comments that make me weep for Nigeria.
A. If its character assassination, then go to court don't intimidate, there is a away of doing things in a civil society.
B. So cos PDP is full of thieves, you will still vote for GEJ and not PDP, shioooor!
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by wellmax(m): 10:48am On Apr 09, 2013
Paul onminyi: i doubt ur O'level certificate,u lack western education,ur tinkin is 2 primitive vry out-dated. Ve u eva hear anytin cal ogans of govt n deir functions?lo

Oga wey get O level certificate, come carry western education join, can you please write with proper English spellings?
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 09, 2013
Cant wait to vote out mr Clueless from power come 2015. He cant apply same tactics against his political thieving colleagues. Already tired of PDP and gej abeg
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by tijayjay: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2013
fkaz:

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/51677/2013/04/08/presidential_directive_police_detain_four_leadership_staff.html
I am not for jonathan, but the truth must be told, it is a serious offense to forge or falsity state document, a document from the highest office of the land, the journalist should prove them self free by stating the origin of the document.
Every body with common sense know that the document was false for the following reasons.
So how come the editor do not notice that it was fake and went ahead to publish the fake document against the highest office of the land,i smell a rat here, the journalist must have be compromised by opposition, they must answer and clear the name if they are innocent this is worse than boko haram, u do not expect the presidency to be quite on such offense.
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by nuclearboy(m): 10:54am On Apr 09, 2013
@freechat:

Should it be the police station that should determine if indeed it is "character assassination" or a Court?

That is the issue!

Its like me saying you looked at me in a way I don't like or stated something I don't like - should I get thugs (uniformed or area boys) to deal with you or charge you to court??
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by awodman: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2013
take dat: Hehehe! You idiiots looking for whom to pick on have failed to point out where/how I contradicted myself in all my posts on this fake presidential directive. So its now a crime to advice that legal proceedings be instituted against them instead of unlawful detention for the court to adjudicate?
Only in your warped mind will ARRESTS and CLAMPDOWN mean LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.Listen to yourself,So they are exactly same thing,right?.Stop displaying your stupidity further and accept you goofed on this
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by iykak47: 11:15am On Apr 09, 2013
Arrest of journalists is not new, after all some News of the world reporters that involved in phone hacking scandal in UK were detained for months, being a journalist is not a licence to publish falsehoods, if a journalist cross the red line he must face the consequences. People talk about free speech without also talking about millions of dollars publishers pay in libel suits to their victims.

Right is not absolute.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Ephraimatic(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2013
nuclearboy: With the deliberate misinterpreting above, its obvious you people know the truth but wish to cover it with noise!

How any human can turn "Take Dat"'s words to mean illegal detention, police brutality (refusing to allow a woman use the bathroom till she begged) and intimidation (thought you can't be detained illegally under the law and not for more than 24 hours anyway) plus harrassment (why do you want the hardcopy rather than get them to present it and whatever other they have to a competent court), beats me!!!

Abacha has re-incarnated
Wat makes their detention illegal? Hw many hours ave they been detained? Guy, becareful!
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 09, 2013
Paul onminyi: i doubt ur O'level certificate,u lack western education,ur tinkin is 2 primitive vry out-dated. Ve u eva hear anytin cal ogans of govt n deir functions?lo
Western education in deed!
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by iykak47: 11:23am On Apr 09, 2013
awodman:
Only in your warped mind will ARRESTS and CLAMPDOWN mean LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.Listen to yourself,So they are exactly same thing,right?.Stop displaying your stupidity further and accept you goofed on this
Abeg tell that olodo
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by bugsy80(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2013
iykak47: Arrest of journalists is not new, after all some News of the world reporters that involved in phone hacking scandal in UK were detained for months, being a journalist is not a licence to publish falsehoods, if a journalist cross the red line he must face the consequences. People talk about free speech without also talking about millions of dollars publishers pay in libel suits to their victims.

Right is not absolute.

i think you have used a very poor example of overreaching by journalists. News of the world investigation is still ongoing and involves phone hacking, cash payments to police and public officials for information which are criminal offenses not that they published false info, all info published were spot-on but it was just the way they got them was criminal. again people were not detained for months.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Toktee(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2013
tijayjay:
So why dont you ask your paymaster to take leadership newspaper to court to proof its news wth more facts instead of engaging in an unconstitutional act?
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Toktee(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2013
Good question as i awaite hiz response
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 09, 2013
freechat: 1. You sound as though you can vouch for the authenticity of that report.
And if you sincerely meant the phrase 'CREDIBLE CANDIDATE', then Buhari is same person you are talking about cause both past and present antecedents is a pointer to the fact that HE alone and I repeat HE alone has the antidot that can vaccinate this hitherto great nation that has been brought on her knees presently by the clueless and visionless GEJ's administration against the the whimps and caprices of corruption which is the disease Nigeria is suffering from. @ OP, we are on same page and I urge you to join the bandwagon
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by thelastPope(m): 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
Toktee: So why dont you ask your paymaster to take leadership newspaper to court to proof its news wth more facts instead of engaging in an unconstitutional act?

What is unconstitutional in the police action?
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by thelastPope(m): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
Vision2017:
And if you sincerely meant the phrase 'CREDIBLE CANDIDATE', then Buhari is same person you are talking about cause both past and present antecedents is a pointer to the fact that HE alone and I repeat HE alone has the antidot that can vaccinate this hitherto great nation that has been brought on her knees presently by the clueless and visionless GEJ's administration against the the whimps and caprices of corruption which is the disease Nigeria is suffering from. @ OP, we are on same page and I urge you to join the bandwagon

How can the Buhari that caused the problem by destroying our democracy be the antidote. He was there before and did absolutely nothing. He took us back 20 years and later came back to steal and squander for another 5 years and has been a bigot ever since. He is a useless candidate. Imagine a man that said Abacha was not corrupt just to cover his own corruption. shameful

1 Like

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
Vision2017:
I cannot be hoodwinked into accepting Buhari or any candidate for that matter as a credible candidate. Your assessment of Buhari as the credible candidate is entirely your opinion to which you are entitled. My opinion though is that except I find a better candidate, my vote will always go to GEJ. Am not necessarily into this bandwagon thing, I do what I want.
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
Is it too late to take dem to law court. The writeup said they were asked to come n they were questioned n asked to provide d bromide. Who knows, what they wrote will stand against them in d the court. I know this case will end up in the court but let us not say that GEJ bribed d Judge tomorrow. This is a lesson for all of us let us not say because Dick n Tom did it n went scot- free,let me do it also, Leadership Publishers may be used to teach others lesson when the case goes to court. If am to sayI will advice Leadership Publishers to look for a way to close this case before it gets to court if not they may pay dearly for it. Has GEJ raised an eyebrow over all those that accuse him wrongly or even insult him, there must be a reason for this wile during Oba's tenure just because some journalists called his jet Tokumbo what happened to them? Lets call a spade a spade. As for the case it may end up in the court.Is it too late to take dem to law court. The writeup said they were asked to come n they were questioned n asked to provide d bromide. Who knows, what they wrote will stand against them in d the court. I know this case will end up in the court but let us not say that GEJ bribed d Judge tomorrow. This is a lesson for all of us let us not say because Dick n Tom did it n went score free,let me do it also, Leadership Publishers may be used to teach others lesson when the case goes to court. If am to sayI will advice Leadership Publishers to look for a way to close this case before it gets to court if not they may pay dearly for it. Has GEJ raised an eyebrow over all those that accuse him wrongly or even insult him, there must be a reason for this wile during Oba's tenure just because some journalists called his jet Tokumbo what happened to them? Lets call a spade a spade. As for the case it may end up in the court.Is it too late to take dem to law court. The writeup said they were asked to come n they were questioned n asked to provide d bromide. Who knows, what they wrote will stand against them in d the court. I know this case will end up in the court but let us not say that GEJ bribed d Judge tomorrow. This is a lesson for all of us let us not say because Dick n Tom did it n went score free,let me do it also, Leadership Publishers may be used to teach others lesson when the case goes to court. If am to sayI will advice Leadership Publishers to look for a way to close this case before it gets to court if not they may pay dearly for it. Has GEJ raised an eyebrow over all those that accuse him wrongly or even insult him, there must be a reason for this wile during Oba's tenure just because some journalists called his jet Tokumbo what happened to them? Lets call a spade a spade. As for the case it may end up in the court.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by deletrue: 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
Vision2017:

What was falsified in that report if I may ask? Secondly, shouldn't your so called President approach a competent court of jurisdiction if at all he felt some group of persons or orgainzation as the case may be want to assasinate his goodwill image? Every normal and right thinking person welcomes constructive criticisms so they could grow. It might also interest you to know that it was relayed sometime last week in the electronic media that some groups of unscrupulous individuals openly adduced they were paid by the ruling party to file application at the INEC office with same acronym- 'APC' solely to cause cog in the wheel of progress to the emerging, gigantic, powerful, purposeful and dynamic opposition party(APC) that will wrestle power from this power-drunk and corruption-infected ruling party(PDP).
It is on record and I stand to be challenged that till date, the national publicity secretary of the PDP, Cheif Olisa Metuh has not denied the allegation nor any of the party hierachy has done so.
So what are you saying? Anybody who means well for this nation will join the bandwagon and we shall together send PDP not just out of the seat of power but to oblivion.
Just proof read what you have written. What do you make of it? Would you regard that as constructive? That this administration should just proscute people without investigation. You are no doubt a member of banana republic, as well as a top member of the eighteen million abnormal nigerians. Constructive criticism indeed. One of the lowest individual in existence today.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
Having read the said Presidential Directives am of the opinion that the Leadership Publishers be punished severely so that they will say how much they were paid for such rubbish. GEJ is now seen as a weak man that anyone can even come to his face and slap him and he wont say anything. Take them to court and let them be punished SEVERELY. Igwe n'ada ya daa. Hoooyaaa
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by takedat(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
awodman:
Why continue further with this moronic argument/defense of yours? After making arrest, isn't charging them to court the next thing and within the legal timeframe? Does arrest mean the same as illegal detention? Out of mischief, you took one out of my numerous posts on this fake directive to attack me! I'll pay you no mind cos you fellas who are now applauding this current move of the police were initially against it. So who is the real hypocrite?
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by miqos02(m): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Didn't Abati state that the directive in question was borne of an overactive imagination? shocked

Rather than chasing shadows - when even the casual observer knows there are several moles in the Presidency - why not simply go ahead and charge the reporters to court if you feel an act of sedition has been committed.

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by deletrue: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
Toktee: And when one shout fire!fire!! And come out to check and there iz no fire what do u do ?
Are you crazy? If someone shouts fire, fire where as there is no such thing as fire, then you investigate why he or she shouted fire fire. Thereafter, you proscute to serve others to be straight headed individuals. That is what is expected of people of normal society and not to go to the courts first.
Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by thelastPope(m): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
take dat: Why continue further with this moronic argument/defense of yours? After making arrest, isn't charging them to court the next thing and within the legal timeframe? Does arrest mean the same as illegal detention? Out of mischief, you took one out of my numerous posts on this fake directive to attack me! I'll pay you no mind cos you fellas who are now applauding this current move of the police were initially against it. So who is the real hypocrite?

Give it up. You are making a foool of yourself. Learn to just leave it when you have goofed. You are looking more pathetic with every response. You goofed, simple. When you take a stand people notice. When you goof, they will call you out. That is the way it works.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff by luluosas(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
When a man finally lost relevance within his circle, every nearby person will become him/her enemy.
This administration has lost total relevance, which is fast manifesting as the day goes by. It is a great pity that, the same man that enjoys the goodwill of the Press prior to his election, is using his power to opPress the same estate. Whither do we go from here Nigerians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Udom Emmanuel's Mansion After 3 Months Of Resuming Office (photos) / PDP To Acquire Oil, Telecoms Licences To Fund Party / Human Rights Activists Protesting In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.