Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents (3132 Views)

Cobra And Monitor Lizard Killed In A Bed Room / Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents by OperaMini1(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
Hello,

With the generation of children we give birth to these days, i was wondering at what age a child should stop sharing same bed/room with the parents?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents by donbuchi1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
hurray hurray, first to comment; first ever time. Hippee
Re: At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents by Tobiegal(f): 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
Am thinking when the child is can talk(understandably) and can understand what he's been told.

And i also think the rule would apply effectively with the 1st child, because he'd be there for the 2nd child.

So, i'd say the child should stop when he can effectively communicate with his parents and when the child can take instructions from his parents.

cheers
Re: At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents by greatgod2012(f): 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
Re: At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents by OperaMini1(m): 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
greatgod2012: Hope this thread helps.......

https://www.nairaland.com/992047/what-age-should-children-left

Your's was even 5 years old. My 3 year old daughter woke up from sleep on Sunday afternoon, and the next thing i heard was 'daddy common cover your bum bum osiiso (quickly in English)'. Yet the mother is saying she's too young to sleep alone.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents by toofine765: 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
When my second daughter was two plus, my hubby asked that she left to her room to join her senior sister, I wept seriously that night cos I felt he was just being selfish that he wanted me all to himself but by the next day when I confided in my friend she said I should let the girl go that nothing would happen and since then she being sleeping in her room and is so use to it now.my sis in law share the same room with them though and I also check on them often.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents by cibilola(f): 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
3 months for both my kids. The second is 9 months and sleeps in her cot in her room. I bring her to my room if she is unwell or just have a bad night when she can't sleep.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Stop Sharing Same Bed/room With Parents by OperaMini1(m): 9:58am On Apr 12, 2013
cibilola: 3 months for both my kids. The second is 9 months and sleeps in her cot in her room. I bring her to my room if she is unwell or just have a bad night when she can't sleep.

Na wa o, 3 months get as e bi.

(1) (Reply)

ac / 5 Reasons Nigerian Babies Are The Cutest / How Nigerian Ladies Can Treat Vaginal Infections With Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.