Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? (24542 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" / Moving To Separate Rooms After Many Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 3:14am On Jul 17, 2012
In my own opinion, i think children should start sleeping in their separate rooms as early as possible(may be 3 yrs old) for some reasons like children's independence/privacy, parents'privacy, etc, what is your own opinion on this, at what age should children be left to start sleeping in their separate rooms? Your comments/opinions are welcome
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by jigwe101: 6:36am On Jul 17, 2012
Honestly, when I have my baby, he/she will be sleeping alone. Ill have a baby walkie talkie or something & video feed to monitor everything but independence has to be taught early on in my opinion
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by OldHag: 7:51am On Jul 17, 2012
Not everyone can afford separate rooms, but if you are privileged I'd say two years would be the ideal age, hoping by then he or she should have a lil brother or sister to share the room with.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by angiemartinez(f): 11:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
d children dat r being born nw r way 2 smart. They shud start slepn seperatly asap.
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2012
angiemartinez: d children dat r being born nw r way 2 smart. They shud start slepn seperatly asap.
very right, imagine my 5yrs old boy asking his father why his p*e*n*i*s is bigger than his own.

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by angiemartinez(f): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2012
greatgod2012:
very right, imagine my 5yrs old boy asking his father why his p*e*n*i*s is bigger than his own.
jeeeeeez. Lmfao
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by Daresh(f): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
I kicked my son out at 3 yrs, i kicked his sister to join him @ 11 months. I need to get my freak on abeg.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
@OP
the day they are born (or as soon as you can afford it)!!!!
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 1:42am On Jul 20, 2012
Daresh: I kicked my son out at 3 yrs, i kicked his sister to join him @ 11 months. I need to get my freak on abeg.

how is that possible? Pls, explain
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by filia4real(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
angiemartinez: d children dat r being born nw r way 2 smart. They shud start slepn seperatly asap.
i'm telling u...my kid'll start coughing whenever i moved closer 2 my wifey am kinda distracted and it seems he knows too!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 2:50am On Jul 21, 2012
filia4real: i'm telling u...my kid'll start coughing whenever i moved closer 2 my wifey am kinda distracted and it seems he knows too!

so, u think they dont know b4, a friend of mine once told me dt her 4 yrs old child asked him why she refuse to give him a younger one, is it because u and dad are not sleeping together, pls go and be sleeping with daddy, so dt u can give me a little brother, so what do u think he meant by saying that?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by Digriz(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
I think 18months for d boys and 2yrs for d girls.
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 6:39am On Sep 14, 2012
Digriz: I think 18months for d boys and 2yrs for d girls.

why d difference?
Children are children, whether bys or girls.
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by somebody(f): 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
6 months - buy a good baby monitor, that is what I did grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 5:46am On Sep 15, 2012
somebody: 6 months - buy a good baby monitor, that is what I did grin

u try o, 6 months ke, dt, i dont think i can do
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by somebody(f): 10:30am On Sep 15, 2012
I wasn't consistent but started then - if he wakes up in the middle of the night then I could take him back to our room. From 1 year - he was already sleeping through the night in his own room. It worked for us and I am sure I will adopt it for my future kids smiley

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2012
somebody: I wasn't consistent but started then - if he wakes up in the middle of the night then I could take him back to our room. From 1 year - he was already sleeping through the night in his own room. It worked for us and I am sure I will adopt it for my future kids smiley

well, we are learning, that is d essence of this thread. Thanks 4 ur comments.
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by somebody(f): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Sure - good to learn what other people do. We had friends drum it into our ears to start putting our son in his own room early as when they got wise, it was harder. Maybe we overdid cause 6 months seems early by people's standards on here smiley
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
somebody: Sure - good to learn what other people do. We had friends drum it into our ears to start putting our son in his own room early as when they got wise, it was harder. Maybe we overdid cause 6 months seems early by people's standards on here smiley

yes ooooo, sooo many pple will say its too early, but considering d rate at which nowaday kids grow(intellectuatually), i think its worth trying. Thanks again.
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by greatgod2012(f): 6:16am On Nov 11, 2012
This is what im saying again, my almost two-yrs old boy has been yearning and also crying to sleep with his siblings, but i dont feel comfortable with it.............why? I will have to be going to d room to check on him regularly, but if hes 3+, he would have learnt how to sleep thru out d night. Secondly,he would be distubing them when sleeping, especially when he feels like suckling(he still does) so what do i do now?
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by Mynd44: 7:09am On Nov 11, 2012
The day they are born, they should have their own room. Set up a video camera that feeds into your room, have one of those radio communicators that allows you hear when the baby is crying and all. That's if you can afford it anyway.

If you can't afford a spare room that's a different kettle of fish

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by dridowu: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2012
@ poster, what will now happen if dy live in 1 room apartment ?
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by Mynd44: 7:34am On Nov 11, 2012
dridowu: @ poster, what will now happen if dy live in 1 room apartment ?
That is an exception
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by pastormustwacc: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2012
This is serious. If the child is prone to nightmare or the child is chronically ill e.g. a sickle-cell, asthma, epilepsy. Special considerations should be taken.
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by Mynd44: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2012
pastormustwacc: This is serious. If the child is prone to nightmare or the child is chronically ill e.g. a sickle-cell, asthma, epilepsy. Special considerations should be taken.
I was replying for the case of a perfectly healthy baby
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by member16: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2012
Why not think of when you stopped sharing a bed with your parents..
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by eduson55(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2012
[size=18pt]5 MONTHS OLD

CANT JUST IMAGINE THE KIN FRONTAGE WE GET THESE DAYSES.[/size]
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by Freezle(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2012
you have to be very careful to separate your kids from you. Not just because you want to get your freak on or any other motives, You just have to be extremely careful because at the early age of your kids which is essential to life, try as much as posible to monitor your kids closely....

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by iyaayi(f): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2012
Asap o! It was tough getting my 9 year old boy to go sleep alone whenever his dad visits! He was too used to sleeping on mummy's bed
Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by sheweezy(f): 7:59am On Nov 11, 2012
greatgod2012: This is what im saying again, my almost two-yrs old boy has been yearning and also crying to sleep with his siblings, but i dont feel comfortable with it.............why? I will have to be going to d room to check on him regularly, but if hes 3+, he would have learnt how to sleep thru out d night. Secondly,he would be distubing them when sleeping, especially when he feels like suckling(he still does) so what do i do now?
You mean you still breastfeed your almost 2 years old boy, are you a housewife cos I wonder how u have the time and patience.c'mon, m sure he will suck till he is 4, that's why u don't sleep overnyt now, just can't explain it.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? by Clemzy16(m): 8:05am On Nov 11, 2012
As soon as the child is able to sleep on his/her own.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Wife Fought And Locked Husband For Maltreating Her In Uk / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. / How Do You Gain Complete Custody Of A Child Born Out Of Wedlock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.