Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

What Is The State Of The Dead? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The State Of The Dead? (3479 Views)

Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / Pictures & Characteristics Of The Dead Sea / Video: T.B Joshua Raises A Man From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 12, 2013
Ok take a trip through d words of Jesus. Whenever he wanted to say a parable it will start with: 'and he spake a parable unto them...'
Thereafter he would explain d parable TO HIS DISCIPLES. So pls u all calling dt a parable should just stop. I deliberately allowed u guys so dt I may possibly learn but I hv seen dt u r basing ur view on mere assumption.
This is nt one of such cases
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 12, 2013
Segeggs: age of accountability-where in the bible?

"And the little ones that you said would be taken captive, your children who do not yet know good from bad--they will enter the land. I will give it to them and they will take possession of it."- Deuteronomy 1:39

" for before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste " - Isaiah 7:16

"And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" - Matthew 18:3

1 Like

Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Ok take a trip through d words of Jesus. Whenever he wanted to say a parable it will start with: 'and he spake a parable unto them...'
Thereafter he would explain d parable TO HIS DISCIPLES. So pls u all calling dt a parable should just stop. I deliberately allowed u guys so dt I may possibly learn but I hv seen dt u r basing ur view on mere assumption.
This is nt one of such cases

But your case is even worse than assumption, you are basing a very serious doctrine on ONE story in the BIBLE , while ignoring the rest.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2013
@frosbel
If u hv exegesis, pls share. Is it nt better dt I base mine on wht Jesus said than on mere assumptions? Moreover wht I'm saying is nt on only one part. Though unrelated but isn't it strange dt Moses was one of d ppl dt appeared to Jesus on d Mount? Evn in our story he mentioned Abraham's name. A man with whom Isreal could easily identify.
On the other hand, let me go along with ur parable sundrome. Pls wht does d parable mean? Jesus didn't say because it wasn't a parable & u can't evn offer one.

I think its time we examine our beliefs critically. One more thing, don't come at me with Solomons words. He couldn't hv known more than Christ. Christ is our wisdom & he has given us a glimpse at d other side
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 12, 2013
@frosbel. I dont think those verses clearly support it.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @frosbel
If u hv exegesis, pls share. Is it nt better dt I base mine on wht Jesus said than on mere assumptions? Moreover wht I'm saying is nt on only one part. Though unrelated but isn't it strange dt Moses was one of d ppl dt appeared to Jesus on d Mount? Evn in our story he mentioned Abraham's name. A man with whom Isreal could easily identify.
On the other hand, let me go along with ur parable sundrome. Pls wht does d parable mean? Jesus didn't say because it wasn't a parable & u can't evn offer one.

I think its time we examine our beliefs critically. One more thing, don't come at me with Solomons words. He couldn't hv known more than Christ. Christ is our wisdom & he has given us a glimpse at d other side

About the transfiguration it was a vision :

Moses representing the LAW and Elijah the Prophets , with Jesus coming to fulfill the LAW and the Prophets.

"And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead." - Matthew 17:9

Secondly , Solomon's wisdom was not his, it was GOD's wisdom imparted to him and most of the scripture he wrote was inspired by the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is of GOD and GOD does not change , not yesterday, not today and not ever.

Besides, Jesus did read the scripture and quoted scripture. To suggest that Jesus revealed new information that was hidden from Abraham , David, Moses is just plain nonsense !
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 10:41am On Apr 12, 2013

Ok here is an application of that parable....

The rich man represented the pharisees who were self righteous and who looked down on the ordinary Jew....refer to luke 16:14,luke 18:11.....

The beggar lazarus represnted the common Jewish people who were despised by the pharisees but who repented and became followers of Christ......read matthew 21:31-32.....

Their deaths were symbolic,representing a change in circumstances...thus the formerly despised ones came into a good standing with God,and the formerly seemingly favoured ones(the pharisees and saducees) were rejected by God while been tormented by the judgement messages delivered by the ones whom they despised.........
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2013
@ijawkid, u managed to get this how? This subjective interpretation is dangerous & anyone can spin it anyhow.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 12, 2013
@frosbel
Solomon's wisdom was nt his. God gave him d wisdom. Agreed! U do nt agree dt tgere were limitations 2 wht he knew? Christ is greater than Solomon and showed more.
Did Solomon give u such an indepth teaching as Christ gave? Solomon talked up 2 where he knew.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 12, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @ijawkid, u managed to get this how? This subjective interpretation is dangerous & anyone can spin it anyhow.

Okay, you were right all along, there is a hell, people who are dead are not 100% dead, half of them is dead and the other half alive in HELL burning up to 30,000 degrees centigrade , and guess what , this is just the beginning, when the judgement is over and they are cast alive into the lake of fire, the temperature will be increased to 80,000 degrees centigrade, they will barbecue for eternity, world without end , meanwhile, you and your gentle godly folk will be singing glory alleluia in a blissful paradise , knowing quite well that most of the people you ever knew will be grilling in the core of the earth for all eternity.

What a lovely gospel and a lovely people.

grin grin

The picture below should conjure up some of the most beautiful hymns and songs of praise, of this I am certain. grin

Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 11:13am On Apr 12, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @ijawkid, u managed to get this how? This subjective interpretation is dangerous & anyone can spin it anyhow.

Ahhhh.......I bet you never knew the pharisees and what the oppression the ordinary Jew suffered........

Now this is why it is a parable....remember I asked you what that rich man did to deserve the literal purnishment of eternal torment in a fiery furnace??.........that's if we assuming this story wasn't a parable.......

What was the rich mans crime??........was the rich man a bad man??
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by alexleo(m): 11:13am On Apr 12, 2013
ijawkid:

Ok here is an application of that parable....

The rich man represented the pharisees who were self righteous and who looked down on the ordinary Jew....refer to luke 16:14,luke 18:11.....

The beggar lazarus represnted the common Jewish people who were despised by the pharisees but who repented and became followers of Christ......read matthew 21:31-32.....

Their deaths were symbolic,representing a change in circumstances...thus the formerly despised ones came into a good standing with God,and the formerly seemingly favoured ones(the pharisees and saducees) were rejected by God while been tormented by the judgement messages delivered by the ones whom they despised.........

Lame and useless explanation. Good for the waste bin.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2013
ijawkid:

Ahhhh.......I bet you never knew the pharisees and what the oppression the ordinary Jew suffered........

Now this is why it is a parable....remember I asked you what that rich man did to deserve the literal purnishment of eternal torment in a fiery furnace??.........that's if we assuming this story wasn't a parable.......

What was the rich mans crime??........was the rich man a bad man??

Please ignore alexeo, he has nothing to offer, his church is his doctrine. smiley

I used to read their Sunday school and you will not believe it , they took revelation 9:8 literally :

"Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth." - Revelation 9:8

They actually believed that these creatures will appear on mother earth in the end times , if they can believe this, imagine what else they will believe, anything !!

He is still a brother and a much loved one, I am trying to open his eyes and set him free from the bondage of MAN and his organisations.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2013
alexleo:

Lame and useless explanation. Good for the waste bin.

Ahhh.......

There are scriptures where Jesus explicitly talked about the total destruction of the wicked....Jesus never needed a parable to convey this........

This incident in luke chapter 16 is purely a parable......

And all the questions I've been asking assuming we took it literally have fallen on deaf ears......

What did the rich man do to be sentenced to life in a fiery HELL...??...

Alexleo what??
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 12, 2013
@frosbel
U actually think I enjoy telling dt message? Bro, I c an issue & I'm asking questions. Don't get emotional. Ur Lord said it and it must hv truth in it no matter hw strongly u feel in d opposite.
No be me talk am o
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2013
@babby and alexleo.....I want to also ask you::::

WHAT DID LAZARUZ DO TO DESERVE going to spend life at the bossom of abraham??.......was it because lazarus was poor??...is poverty a requirement for gaining eternal life??.......

Make ona answer me ooo.....

1 Like

Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2013
U actually think I enjoy telling dt message? Bro, I c an issue & I'm asking questions. Don't get emotional. Ur Lord said it and it must hv truth in it no matter hw strongly u feel in d opposite.
No be me talk am o

I am not emotional , far from it, I am just trying to tell you guys how silly your doctrine sounds and why many reject you and your gospel.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2013
ijawkid: @babby and alexleo.....I want to also ask you::::

WHAT DID LAZARUZ DO TO DESERVE going to spend life at the bossom of abraham??.......was it because lazarus was poor??...is poverty a requirement for gaining eternal life??.......

they can't answer, if they fall out of line with their church's position they are in trouble.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2013
Brothers, lets relax with this song, this is turning into strife.

Jesus is Lord, praise his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCt1_V4Eoq8
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2013
Ijawkid,
U explanation doesn't stick abeg. Check all Jesus parables. He always explain d parables. Stop these baseless assumptions. We r brethren & can reason, so treat each other as such
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2013
Frosbel, u can be insolent o! U mean my gospel is rejected because I do not agree with u? Suppose I am a new convert asking u these fundamental questions, is dt how u would treat me?

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Please notice dt within Jesus nt coming to condemn d world is a caveat- u r condemned alreadu for rejecting him. It is all there in d good news of Christ.

Brethren, I think I am officially disappointed in Frosbel
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Boomark(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2013
alexleo:

YOU DONT NEED TO LEARN FROM SOMEBODY WHO DOES NOT KNOW AND DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW. VERY UNREASONABLE OF YOU TO DO SUCH A THING. SO WHY WAITING TO LEARN FROM ME?

The unreasonable me thought there would be a change.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 12, 2013
[quote author=Bobbysworld28]Frosbel, u can be insolent o! U mean my gospel is rejected because I do not agree with u? Suppose I am a new convert asking u these fundamental questions, is dt how u would treat me?

Bro sorry if I sound insolent, not meant to be, it was a joke grin

Besides i know you are a hard core old timer. cheesy

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Please notice dt within Jesus nt coming to condemn d world is a caveat- u r condemned alreadu for rejecting him. It is all there in d good news of Christ.

Yes , anyone who does not believe is condemned to DEATH which will be realized in the lake of fire with utter destruction.

smiley
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by alexleo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2013
frosbel2:

Please ignore alexeo, he has nothing to offer, his church is his doctrine. smiley

I used to read their Sunday school and you will not believe it , they took revelation 9:8 literally :

"Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth." - Revelation 9:8

They actually believed that these creatures will appear on mother earth in the end times , if they can believe this, imagine what else they will believe, anything !!

He is still a brother and a much loved one, I am trying to open his eyes and set him free from the bondage of MAN and his organisations.

Because I refused to accept your satan inspired doctrine. I ll continue to kick against it. And yes my church will never engage in your satanic twisting of the bible. Continue to propagate the gospel of satan. Its your business.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Boomark(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
ijawkid: @babby and alexleo.....I want to also ask you::::

@frosbel
let us focus on teaching, questions and answer. Let forget about who is wicked and who is not.

@Bobby

I think ijawkid asked a good question here. If the story is real, what is the moral lesson behind it?

Was Jesus trying to tell us that every rich man(including the rich pastors) will go to hell while the poor ones go to Abraham's bosom?

Alexleo i hope you can comment.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
I'm nt hardcore o. I'm very softcore. I am a lifelong student of d scripture dts how I got here, bros. U don't hv me figured out.
I'm always testing wht I believe in & I am open to criticisms too.
I opened d thread to understand if there is a greater Rhema than wht I hv concerning this topic but so far, nuffing. Permit me to say dt wht I'm seeing suffices because JESUS SAID IT & he didn't call it a parable.! I'd like 2 c u explain dt anyway
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
^^

I have to end here I am afraid, we cannot agree from 2 very opposite directions.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2013
Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. 16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. 17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. 18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.19 There was a certain rich man,...

@boomark, d preceeding is hw d story started. No be me write am. My guess is dt it must hv bn adultery. The moral of d story doesn't stop it from being true. It is true because Jesus said it. If there was no Hell Jesus won't use it even in a parable. Dts wht I hv bn arguing o. Kapish?
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
alexleo:

Because I refused to accept your satan inspired doctrine. I ll continue to kick against it. And yes my church will never engage in your satanic twisting of the bible. Continue to propagate the gospel of satan. Its your business.

Your church has gotten so many doctrines wrong, add this one to the list smiley
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ok frosbel, suit urself but we r still brodas, shey? Hope we r good?
We will still rid d body of Christ of pretenders
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
Meanwhile if u get new rev concerning d issue pls do not hesitate to share
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Meanwhile if u get new rev concerning d issue pls do not hesitate to share

no problem, we continue to learn. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today Is Ascension / Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt / What Earthly Benefits Or Advantages Does Being Loved By God Confer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.