Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,598 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

What Is The State Of The Dead? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The State Of The Dead? (3477 Views)

Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / Pictures & Characteristics Of The Dead Sea / Video: T.B Joshua Raises A Man From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 11:06am On Apr 10, 2013
musKeeto:
But I thought the soul was different from the body?

Abi upon resurrection, the physical body os restored along with the soul? Confused right now..

Hehehehe.....e be like you go ask image 123 and immortality of the soul proponents this question because I don't believe the soul is different from the body per se......from my understanding of the scriptures man is the soul.........

The teaching of physical body restored with the soul is one big hogwash.....cheesy
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 10, 2013
Lazarus was in Abraham's bossom. Abraham's spirit was in d grave. He wasn't definitely in heaven.
We r all learning here so I suggest if ijawkid has clearer definitions he should explain or give us a link.

Wht I understand abt Matt 27 is dt all spirits in d grave were liberated because d perfect sacrifice had been rendered.
If anyone has anoda explanation, I'm open.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Lazarus was in Abraham's bossom. Abraham's spirit was in d grave. He wasn't definitely in heaven.
We r all learning here so I suggest if ijawkid has clearer definitions he should explain or give us a link.

Wht I understand abt Matt 27 is dt all spirits in d grave were liberated because d perfect sacrifice had been rendered.
If anyone has anoda explanation, I'm open.

Abrahams spirit was in the grave and not in heaven.......so where exactly is abrahams bossom??....I'm asking you this question so that you yourself can see that the parable of the rich man and lazaruz is what it is......a PARABLE......

Talking about matthew 27.....that portion of the scripture never talked about spirits being liberated...I don't know if that's what you read.....

Is that what you read from matthew 27:52??.......
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
Matt 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Pls explain d verses up there incase I'm seeing double.
Fyi, if u say d rich man & lazarus story is a parable, r u saying it was fabricated or is d story based on a lie? Could Jesus hv used a lie to buttress an argument? I dare nt comprehend dt because he knw no sin.
From d foregoing we need 2 ask ourselves where Abraham's bosom is. Is it still applicable after Christs resurrection?
Pls answers r welcome
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Matt 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Pls explain d verses up there incase I'm seeing double.
Fyi, if u say d rich man & lazarus story is a parable, r u saying it was fabricated or is d story based on a lie? Could Jesus hv used a lie to buttress an argument? I dare nt comprehend dt because he knw no sin.
From d foregoing we need 2 ask ourselves where Abraham's bosom is. Is it still applicable after Christs resurrection?
Pls answers r welcome

That verse u quoted simply says the bodies of those dead came out of there tombs as a result of the earth quake......we should not misunderstand that verse by thinking ""arose"" or ""lifted out"" or ""raised up"" signifies a ressurection.......nAaaaaaa........

If we choose to believe that a ressurection of these persons took place then we would have to disagree when it is said Jesus is the first born from the dead.....and not until the 3rd day after Jesus' death did he become the firstborn from the dead..........

When we look at scriptures we should make sure that it doesn't contradict the rest of the bible..........

And as regards the parable:::::
Parables are not lies neither are they real life events.............

Jesus used parables to drive home points not to confirm a real life event.......

See the definition of parable......

par·a·ble
[par-uh-buh l]

-n.
1. a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.

That is why you have the parable of the 10 virgins.........the parable of the prodigal son....they aint and were never real life happenings......
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Read verse 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

If dt is nt a resurrection after Christs then maybe my english needs a tweak.

Whenever Jesus gave parables, he explained immediately afterwards. This was no parable, bro. This was an actual event. Jesus go lie to prove point?
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by PastorOluT(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
@
bobbysworld keep up the good work, agree with u 100%.

This is an interesting thread and i think i should also contribute.

The first thing i would want to say is that the account of Luke 16 is
not just a parable, you don't mention real life characters in a parable,
Abraham, the prophets and the resurrection of Jesus insinuated.

The second thing which is the main topic, what we need to understand
first is that man is a spiritual being who has a soul and lives in a
body Genesis 2:7, would be back to analyse it. And also whenever the
bible talks about death it means spiritual death, example when God told
Adam that in the day he eats of the fruit he will die, obviously he did
not die the day he ate the fruit, meaning the death was spiritual
Genesis 2:17

Remember God created man in His own image as a spirit for God is a
spirit, and spirit do not die. So when we talk about our state after
death, when we die its just our body that dies and decay but our spirit
continue to live onward.

Busy right now, but would surely be back.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by alexleo(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

From that parable where can we say abraham was??.....if you decide to look at that parable as not a parable per se but a real life experience then I just want you to answer where abraham and lazaruz were.. was.......

False teachers at work. Whats your business with where Abraham was when Jesus did not mention it? Even the one he mentioned about the rich man being in hell did you believe it? We are not here to add to what Jesus said. Where he stopped we stop. He didnt mention where Abraham was and we leave it at that. The hell he mentioned is the one we can talk about. STOP BEING UNREASONABLE. Tell me any parable in the bible that Jesus mentioned anybody's name.
Here is a list of them-
1. The Parable of the Mustard Seed
2. The Parable of the Leaven
3. The Parable of the Hidden Treasure
4. The Parable of the Pearl of Great Price
5. The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
6. The Parable of the Lost Son
7. The Parable of the Good Samaritan
8. The Parable of the Persistent Widow
If am missing any write it. One common thing about all these parables is that NOBODY'S NAME was mentioned. How come names were mentioned in the story of Lazarus and the rich man? Not just names but names of two prominent children of God?
In your desperate(as rightly described in another thread) move you also ask us about the name of the rich man. It sounds so silly to dismiss a story where two prominent names we know in the bible are mentioned as parables just because one unknown rich man's name was not mentioned. You people sound so blind and unreasonable. And if it was a story that favoured you people and we say its a parable you people will scream to the high heavens asking us to show you in the bible where it was called a parable. YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST CUT AND JOIN BIBLE STUDENTS. If you people were wise enough, by now you would go hide your false doctrine because the more you propagate it the more you people are being exposed to shame. Now this thread was opened by a completely strange person in the discussion about heaven and hell in this nairaland yet the guy(bobbysworld) is really dealing with you people here. At least none of you will accuse those of us who have been propagating this bitter truth as the sponsors of this one.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by alexleo(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

That verse u quoted simply says the bodies of those dead came out of there tombs as a result of the earth quake......we should not misunderstand that verse by thinking ""arose"" or ""lifted out"" or ""raised up"" signifies a ressurection.......nAaaaaaa........

If we choose to believe that a ressurection of these persons took place then we would have to disagree when it is said Jesus is the first born from the dead.....and not until the 3rd day after Jesus' death did he become the firstborn from the dead..............

Now see a self acclaimed Genesis to revelation bible champion denying what the scripture wrote and twisting it just to push his false message up. GOD FORBID BAD THING. So they woke up because of the earthquake. Now tell us how many dead people that have woken up from their grave (to go show themselves to people)in the earthquakes we have experienced round the world recently. FALSE TEACHERS AT WORK.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Abrahams spirit was in the grave and not in heaven.......so where exactly is abrahams bossom??.
And concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: “I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob”? He is not God of the dead but of the living.

1 Like

Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
alexleo:

False teachers at work. Whats your business with where Abraham was when Jesus did not mention it? Even the one he mentioned about the rich man being in hell did you believe it? We are not here to add to what Jesus said. Where he stopped we stop. He didnt mention where Abraham was and we leave it at that. The hell he mentioned is the one we can talk about. STOP BEING UNREASONABLE. Tell me any parable in the bible that Jesus mentioned anybody's name.
Here is a list of them-
1. The Parable of the Mustard Seed
2. The Parable of the Leaven
3. The Parable of the Hidden Treasure
4. The Parable of the Pearl of Great Price
5. The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
6. The Parable of the Lost Son
7. The Parable of the Good Samaritan
8. The Parable of the Persistent Widow
If am missing any write it. One common thing about all these parables is that NOBODY'S NAME was mentioned. How come names were mentioned in the story of Lazarus and the rich man? Not just names but names of two prominent children of God?
In your desperate(as rightly described in another thread) move you also ask us about the name of the rich man. It sounds so silly to dismiss a story where two prominent names we know in the bible are mentioned as parables just because one unknown rich man's name was not mentioned. You people sound so blind and unreasonable. And if it was a story that favoured you people and we say its a parable you people will scream to the high heavens asking us to show you in the bible where it was called a parable. YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST CUT AND JOIN BIBLE STUDENTS. If you people were wise enough, by now you would go hide your false doctrine because the more you propagate it the more you people are being exposed to shame. Now this thread was opened by a completely strange person in the discussion about heaven and hell in this nairaland yet the guy(bobbysworld) is really dealing with you people here. At least none of you will accuse those of us who have been propagating this bitter truth as the sponsors of this one.

So much rant and you haven't answered where abraham was..was he in heaven or in purgatory or some other abode you kept him...angry........

Why should we leave at that??.........remember our discussion is what happens to us when we die..right??....

Where was abraham in the parable Jesus gave..??don't shy away from this question....you would end up being the false teacher if you can't answer this simple question...you think its all about ranting??......

You forgot to even mention that the rich mans name wasn't used.....and when you say prominent people I ask....which of the lazarus in particular was Jesus referring to??.....was it the same lazarus he ressurected??........

Calm down and let's discuss the issue before you run hyper.....

Numbers

1....Where was abraham??.....
2...Which of the lazarus's did Jesus mention in that parable that should warant it being a real life event??...
3....What did the rich man do to deserve burning in hell fire??...because I know in y'alls brains bad people swim and burn in your interim HELL fire.......besides that,was the rich man a bad man??...

Let's start with these questions bro...let's start..oya
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
@ Bidam and Alexeo :

Matthew 27:53 is a red herring , but let us perform a proper bible exegesis. May God give us more wisdom.

It is said that , though not confirmed , this verse was added to fulfill a certain agenda of a specific group who held onto a particular point of view. This is in no way confirmed though.

Anyway lets share bread smiley

"50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[e] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”
- Matthew 27:50 - 53

Question : When did this even happen
Answer : When Jesus gave up his spirit.

So at this time, Jesus was still dead bodily so to speak , and therefore the resurrection had not occurred. But hold on a minute, Jesus is the firstborn from dead, meaning the first man who was raised from the dead, and if the resurrection had not yet occurred , then there is no way those people resurrected in the real sense of the word.

Question : What happens when their is an earthquake ?
Answer : displacement of the earth's surface which often includes the churning out of coffins or bodies out of their graves/tombs.

My 2 cents here is that the appearance of those supposedly 'resurrected saints ' might suggest an appearance of dead bodies due to the earthquake or some spiritual vision manifesting, I truly cannot tell , but one thing that I am 100% sure of , is that this could never ever be speaking of an actual resurrection , because Jesus had not yet risen from the dead.

Bear in mind that Jesus is the first born from the dead, to suggest therefore that he is not the first born from the dead and that there were others who rose from the dead before him is very close to a serious error and cannot be used this to support an erroneous doctrine.

And even if these people rose from dead for argument sake, where did they go to ? They could not have gone to heaven for Jesus said :

"No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man." - John 3:13

So where did they go to ? Did they wait till Jesus resurrected ? Did they go back to their graves ?

Brethren, let us rightly divide the word of truth and throw away emotionalism and tradition.

No MAN , Not ONE MAN rose from the dead before JESUS
No MAN , Not ONE MAN has ascended into the heavens except Jesus

Finally, I want an honest answer from you brothers. If all the apostles are now with Jesus in heaven , what did Jesus mean by this statement :

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3

Q1. Has Jesus returned to take them ?

Q2. If yes, when ?

Thank You.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
Bidam: And concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: “I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob”? He is not God of the dead but of the living.

Lol....where was abraham na??...d question hard??....I want to show you guys that you know next to nothing about what happens to us when we die.......

Just tell me where abraham was.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
@Ijawkid
The name of d place is nt stated by Jesus. Does dt mean d story was a lie?

@Frosbel
D verse said they came out after his resurrection. Pls read d fine print
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
alexleo:

Now see a self acclaimed Genesis to revelation bible champion denying what the scripture wrote and twisting it just to push his false message up. GOD FORBID BAD THING. So they woke up because of the earthquake. Now tell us how many dead people that have woken up from their grave (to go show themselves to people)in the earthquakes we have experienced round the world recently. FALSE TEACHERS AT WORK.

Define a false message??...oh !!!! You expect me to had retorted your way so that I can contradict Jesus being the firstborn from the dead??.........the dead bodies were ejected from there graves as a result of the earth quake and not a ressurection .....

the truth is that many translations have rendered those verses to make it look like those dead bodies experienced ressurection,rather than the bodies jettisoned out of there tombs as a result of an earth quake..........

The fact is Jesus' death did not cause any ressurection at that moment because not until Jesus was ressurected on the 3rd day did the way to heaven was open for any of the saints.......

Another point that corroborates what I'm saying is the fact that the apostles later never made reference to this incident...if there was an actual ressurection then it'll negate the fact that Jesus is the firstborn from the dead...then pauls words found at 1 corinthians 15 would be an error because he according to you guys forgot this event.....

Learn to give right interpretations to scriptures so that u don't end up contradicting yourselves......

2 Likes

Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @Ijawkid
The name of d place is nt stated by Jesus. Does dt mean d story was a lie?

@Frosbel

If the place wasn't mentioned by Jesus then that even makes it more a parable.....

If we can tell where abraham was then we can tell where we go when we die.......

I want you guys to tell me where he was...in his grave or?....
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
^^^^

Perfectly said,l!!
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
Bobbysworld28:

@Frosbel

As Ijawkid said, how could this have happened after the resurrection when the cause of the tombs opening was due to the earthquake?
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
So if hell doesn't exist, it means Jesus fabricated it 2 scare ppl. It is a reprehensible thought so I state it this way:
No one went to heaven b4 Christ came down from there so d 'good' guys stayed in a place where u could c Hell from but there was a chasm between them. I call this place Abraham's bosom for lack of a name. Whether or not ppl still go there or straight to heaven is wht I want Bible teachers 2 show us
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
Bobbysworld28: So if hell doesn't exist, it means Jesus fabricated it 2 scare ppl. It is a reprehensible thought so I state it this way:
No one went to heaven b4 Christ came down from there so d 'good' guys stayed in a place where u could c Hell from but there was a chasm between them. I call this place Abraham's bosom for lack of a name. Whether or not ppl still go there or straight to heaven is wht I want Bible teachers 2 show us

Jesus talked about Gehenna which denotes the lake of fire where all the wicked will be destroyed after the white throne judgement. Jesus was not talking about 2 hells, Unfortunately this error comes from the KJV where Gehenna and the grave are both translated into hell.

To conclude., the rich man and lazarus story was a parable, otherwise what was the rich man's name, can a soul have body, how can the saints be endlessly watching their relatives burn in unquenchable fire and still be filled with joy?

It's a parable friend.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Rossikk(m): 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
You want to know what happens at death? Spend an hour or two on this site and you'll be enlightened:

www.near-death.com
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 11, 2013
So because d rich man's name wasn't mentioned then it is a parable? Even if it was a parable, does it mean it isn't founded on truth? Let's say d actual event didn't happen, Jesus mentioned Abraham by name, mentioned Lazarus & evn called Moses & d prophets. So r u saying real life ppl were mentioned but place & circumstance were fabricated?
Frosbel address these issues o
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 11, 2013
Death = soul exits the physical form.

what happens next i don't know.
but one day we will all find out. wink
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol....where was abraham na??...d question hard??....I want to show you guys that you know next to nothing about what happens to us when we die.......

Just tell me where abraham was.
this is what you said...
ijawkid:

Abrahams spirit was in the grave and not in heaven........
we all know (Eccl 12:7 KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Can you tell us where it is stated in scripture that Abraham spirit was in the grave?
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 5:59am On Apr 11, 2013
Bidam: this is what you said...we all know (Eccl 12:7 KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Can you tell us where it is stated in scripture that Abraham spirit was in the grave?

I was just repeating babby's words when I wrote that,not that I wasn't in support of it.........cheesy.........I wanted him to explain what he meant by that.........
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by alexleo(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

1....Where was abraham??.....
2...Which of the lazarus's did Jesus mention in that parable that should warant it being a real life event??...
3....What did the rich man do to deserve burning in hell fire??...because I know in y'alls brains bad people swim and burn in your interim HELL fire.......besides that,was the rich man a bad man??...

Let's start with these questions bro...let's start..oya

YOUNG MAN, I HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO THAN TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME ANSWERING YOUR USELESS QUESTIONS. YOU ARE A FALSE TEACHER. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE DISCUSSED HERE THAT YOU LOOKED INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S VIEW AND ALLOW IT TO CHANGE YOUR FALSE STAND BECAUSE OF YOUR PRIDE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL YOU VE READ THE BIBLE FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION. ANY EEDIOT CAN DO THAT TOO AND GIVE THE SAME INTERPRETATION YOU ARE GIVING SO STOP MAKING NOISE ABOUT YOU KNOWING THE BIBLE. I CANT BE CARRIED AWAY BY YOUR FALSE TEACHINGS. NOW YOU ARE HERE TO CONVINCE THE POSTER WHO SAID HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO THE DEAD AND NOT ME, FACE HIM AND CONVINCE HIM. AFTER ALL YOUR EFFORT YOU VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT BECAUSE YOUR TEACHINGS ARE BASELESS AND UNREASONABLE. THE QUESTIONS HE ASKED YOU COULDNT PROVIDE CONVINCING ANSWERS TO HIM THAT MEANS YOU ARE FAILING. KEEP TRYING UNTIL YOU CONVINCE HIM(IF YOU CAN), NOT ME.

YOU VE NOT TOLD ME WHERE JESUS MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE THAT THE STORY OF LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN IS A PARABLE AND YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU WHERE ABRAHAM WAS AND THE NAME OF THE RICH MAN. SEE WHAT YOUR FALSE TEACHING IS DOING TO YOUR REASONING?
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by alexleo(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

Perfectly said,l!!

THERE IS NOTHING PERFECTLY SAID ABOUT IT THAN THAT IT IS PERFECTLY SAID AS LONG AS IT SUPPORTS YOUR FALSE TEACHING. WHERE DID JESUS CALL THIS STORY A PARABLE? RUSHING INTO CONCLUSION THAT ITS A PARABLE BECAUSE ONE MAN'S NAME WAS NOT MENTIONED WHEREAS TWO OTHER NAMES WERE MENTIONED BUTTRESSES THE FALSEHOOD IN THE TEACHING.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2013
alexleo:

YOUNG MAN, I HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO THAN TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME ANSWERING YOUR USELESS QUESTIONS. YOU ARE A FALSE TEACHER. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE DISCUSSED HERE THAT YOU LOOKED INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S VIEW AND ALLOW IT TO CHANGE YOUR FALSE STAND BECAUSE OF YOUR PRIDE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL YOU VE READ THE BIBLE FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION. ANY EEDIOT CAN DO THAT TOO AND GIVE THE SAME INTERPRETATION YOU ARE GIVING SO STOP MAKING NOISE ABOUT YOU KNOWING THE BIBLE. I CANT BE CARRIED AWAY BY YOUR FALSE TEACHINGS. NOW YOU ARE HERE TO CONVINCE THE POSTER WHO SAID HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO THE DEAD AND NOT ME, FACE HIM AND CONVINCE HIM. AFTER ALL YOUR EFFORT YOU VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT BECAUSE YOUR TEACHINGS ARE BASELESS AND UNREASONABLE. THE QUESTIONS HE ASKED YOU COULDNT PROVIDE CONVINCING ANSWERS TO HIM THAT MEANS YOU ARE FAILING. KEEP TRYING UNTIL YOU CONVINCE HIM(IF YOU CAN), NOT ME.

YOU VE NOT TOLD ME WHERE JESUS MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE THAT THE STORY OF LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN IS A PARABLE AND YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU WHERE ABRAHAM WAS AND THE NAME OF THE RICH MAN. SEE WHAT YOUR FALSE TEACHING IS DOING TO YOUR REASONING?

Ok let's see how luke chapter 16:1 started....
Luke 16:1....

1..Jesus told his disciples: “There was a rich
man whose manager was accused of wasting his
possessions.

Verse 19 which begins the lazarus vs abraham issue starts exactly the same way...

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in
purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every
day.

Alexleo I hope you can see what I'm seeing....would you say that the story Jesus gave in verse 1 is an allegory or a real life event??.........

Also look at luke 15:11.....this we all know its the parable of the lost son....

11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had
two sons.

Ahhh there we go again with the expression ""there was""..........I hope you are now convinced that that story was a parable??...uh??

My problem is you jump to call me a fake teacher when you haven't considered the scriptures completely.....if the story of lazarus and the rich man isn't a parable can you please tell us which lazarus was in that real life story of Jesus??......I'll once again ask::: where abraham was??....
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by ijawkid(m): 9:52am On Apr 11, 2013
alexleo:

THERE IS NOTHING PERFECTLY SAID ABOUT IT THAN THAT IT IS PERFECTLY SAID AS LONG AS IT SUPPORTS YOUR FALSE TEACHING. WHERE DID JESUS CALL THIS STORY A PARABLE? RUSHING INTO CONCLUSION THAT ITS A PARABLE BECAUSE ONE MAN'S NAME WAS NOT MENTIONED WHEREAS TWO OTHER NAMES WERE MENTIONED BUTTRESSES THE FALSEHOOD IN THE TEACHING.

Is luke chapter 16:1 a parable or not...what about luke chapter 15:11??.....

My bro you better take your time o........
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 11, 2013
alexleo:

Bro, getting angry when someone has a different point of view from you or your church is dangerous , what next ?

I am yet to see you disprove any of the points raised.

You cannot base a very important doctrine on ONE scripture, it is poorly dividing the word of truth.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 11, 2013
alexleo:

Please stop shouting at me, try lower case.

I have made my point and you cannot disprove it , quit getting upset and let us share bread, the word of God cannot contradict itself.
Re: What Is The State Of The Dead? by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2013
Bidam: this is what you said...we all know (Eccl 12:7 KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Can you tell us where it is stated in scripture that Abraham spirit was in the grave?

Bidam , which bible do you read ? When was the last time you conducted a detailed in-depth study of the bible.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul - Genesis 2:7

It says God breathed the 'breath of life ' into MAN, it did not say God formed a spirit, no, God formed a body from dust and put the breath of life into MAN , it was ONLY after this that MAN became a living soul not before.

A Soul is living and a combination of body and the breath of life or spirit.

spirit can either be a person such as GOD and angels or wind, breath , such as the life of all living creation etc. Get out your Lexicon and check it up.

Can you help us answer these questions :

1. How can a spirit have a bosom ?
2. If all spirits go up after death, then that includes the spirits of the wicked as well as the good, how do you reconcile this to your rich man and Lazarus doctrine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Jews Worshiped Jesus In The Old Testament Without Knowing It / What Is The Right Church Denomination? (By Truthunedited) / Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.