Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! (9786 Views)

Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! / Requirements For Collection Of Original Waec Certificate / How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by neksummi(m): 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
I'm from and live in North-Eastern Nigeria and did my secondary education in South-Western. I haven't gone back to the school since I collected my statement of result in 1999.

Yesterday I requested that my WAEC certificate be scanned and sent to me since no one is allowed to collect the hard copy on my behalf and I haven't arranged going down myself to get it yet.

On receipt of the scanned copy, I found out that there was an error in my year of birth. The day and month were correct but the year was incorrect.

Please how do I go about correcting this? Can I request another certificate from WAEC with the correct year of birth? I don't want something that will become wahala for me when I want to contest for presidency. lol
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by justscorch: 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
Wow I had d same problem too,haven't resolved it though cos I don't know where to begin,so any advice wud be helpful for me too,but watsup with waec tho? Dem dey mad
neksummi: I'm from and live in North-Eastern Nigeria and did my secondary education in South-Western. I haven't gone back to the school since I collected my statement of result in 1999.

Yesterday I requested that my WAEC certificate be scanned and sent to me since no one is allowed to collect the hard copy on my behalf and I haven't arranged going down myself to get it yet.

On receipt of the scanned copy, I foud out that there was an error in my year of birth. The day and month were correct but the year was incorrect.

Please how do I go about correcting this? Can I request another certificate from WAEC with the correct year of birth? I don't want something that will become wahala for me when I want to contest for presidency. lol
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by neksummi(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
@justscorch:
Wow I had d same problem too,haven't resolved it though cos I don't know where to begin,so any advice wud be helpful for me too,but watsup with waec tho? Dem dey mad

I'm confident we'll find solution from members of the house who have resolved similar issues in the past.
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by Acidosis(m): 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
same problem with my waec result...

I actually presented the result in school and I graduated succesfully.. Though I had to go for an affidavit when we were called for a final year screening (as instructed by the school, including those whose names were wrongly spelt/typed).
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by neksummi(m): 6:58am On Apr 10, 2013
Acidosis: same problem with my waec result...

I actually presented the result in school and I graduated succesfully.. Though I had to go for an affidavit when we were called for a final year screening (as instructed by the school, including those whose names were wrongly spelled/typed).

I've also been thinking of this affidavit of a thing but can't a different certificate be issued to resolve it once and all?
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by kayking01(f): 7:03am On Apr 10, 2013
I was in waec office last week thursday and a girl had d same prob,she was told that if d yr is jst 2 or 3yrs waec wud rectified it bt d yr is abt 10yrs so, she was askd 2 go 2 high court for affidavit,i wil advice u 2 do d same thing

1 Like

Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by neksummi(m): 8:12am On Apr 10, 2013
kayking01: I was in waec office last week thursday and a girl had d same prob,she was told that if d yr is jst 2 or 3yrs waec wud rectified it bt d yr is abt 10yrs so, she was askd 2 go 2 high court for affidavit,i wil advice u 2 do d same thing

Thanks. I've also come across some people's suggestions on the matter:
https://www.nairaland.com/825137/waec-certificate-date-birth-mistake

https://www.nairaland.com/680120/waec-certificate-date-birth-correction

This is from WAEC site:
http://www.waecnigeria.org/journal.html

All the best.
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by nonso686: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
I am using two waec results; i just collectd the original certs and one of them has a wrong date of birth; shuld i present them like tht or get an affidavit? i hav a job interview soon, thanks.
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by Partnerbiz3: 7:02am On Aug 31, 2017
neksummi:
I'm from and live in North-Eastern Nigeria and did my secondary education in South-Western. I haven't gone back to the school since I collected my statement of result in 1999.

On receipt of the scanned copy, I found out that there was an error in my year of birth. The day and month were correct but the year was incorrect.

lol
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by FarukEromosele(m): 8:50am On Aug 31, 2017
Affidavit is the only solution.. I had the same problem.. just do an affidavit, it covers it
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by iamadedotun(m): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2019
I think that should help
neksummi:

Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by wanted(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
edumradebole:
Waec / Waec Gce mistake on date of birth, mistake on examination year, mistake on names on result or certificate can be corrected and new certificate will be issued to the applicant. call for rectification assistance now.
Kindly share your details so we can discuss further i want to correct a wrong date of birth on my WAEC certificate.
Re: WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! by Yomi1701: 6:39am On Sep 06, 2019
Modify your profile drailz on waec here www.waeccomplaint.site123.me

1 Like

(1) (2)

List Of Countries Where Students Can Study And Work Abroad / UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites / PLEASE HELP(UNILAG TRANSCRIPT): How Do I Get My Transcripts Processed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.