Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. (903 Views)

The Webmasters / ??????where Are All The Webmasters Of Nairaland?????? / Where Are The Webmasters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 10, 2013
I would like us to use this thread to discuss ideas that will make the webmasters section more interesting and user friendly. I have noticed that we get quite a number of guest visitors who may be curious to know what is going on in this section. So i would like a situation where such guests are converted into active participants in our various discussions.
Please note that the more people we have in the section, the more lucrative the business of Web development will be for us all.

Enjoy your day.
Dave.
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:49am On Apr 10, 2013
Work don dey start. Let me think and get back here.
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 10, 2013
Maybe a 'Code Challenge' embarassed
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2013
Judinho59: Maybe a 'Code Challenge' embarassed
That's a good one. Can you start one on a new thread and let's see how it goes?
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by PGON(m): 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
1) Adding status to a thread.
E.g
I need an E-book on PHP(Solved)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
] +
]Current Status= solved +
] +
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

2) Creating Subsections
E.G

Webmaster

PHP code

Java Script =>JQuery,

CMS=>wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc

HTML $ CSS

Web Graphics => Popular applications like photoshop, A. Illustrator etc

Bloggers base

Online Marketing

Social Networks
Etc (can't post them all)

3)
All Request => To web market

4)
Coming back anyway
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Slyr0x: 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
^^^^^

1. We will start implementation as soon as possible
2. This might be a bit difficult in implementing as every child board MUST have its Moderator. .A better approach is creating a thread i.e. "A Thread For Online Marketing", "HTML $ CSS Discussions Should Go In Here", etc. .That way we can sticky and easily monitor the threads
3. Personally, we can't generalize "All Requests". .Some code-related troubleshooting requests should remain on the webmaster board. However, requests like "Where can I buy website design ebooks" should be moved to the web market

Thanks for your feedback bro. .Myself and Brand_New will discuss and get back to you.

Please keep the suggestions coming.
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 11, 2013
PGON: 1) Adding status to a thread.
E.g
I need an E-book on PHP(Solved)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
] +
]Current Status= solved +
] +
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

2) Creating Subsections
E.G

Webmaster

PHP code

Java Script =>JQuery,

CMS=>wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc

HTML $ CSS

Web Graphics => Popular applications like photoshop, A. Illustrator etc

Bloggers base

Online Marketing

Social Networks
Etc (can't post them all)

3)
All Request => To web market

4)
Coming back anyway

@PGON, Your intelligent contribution is well noted and it Shall be acted upon.
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by yawatide(f): 10:01am On Apr 11, 2013
Perhaps we can compare and contrast sites within the same genre, with the aim of educating each other on best practices and on what not to do. Maybe this could be in the form of a "competition" - knowing how popular NL is, maybe the owners of such sites (especially in the government space) would take note of such threads and make the necessary improvements on their sites.
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by mcfranc(m): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2013
I had started some threads on joomla tutorials sometimes in 2011 but could not continue because of the rate at which d bot banned my account. If d auto ban issue is looked into, i can volunteer 2 start again.
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by mcfranc(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2013
smiley
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 11, 2013
All suggestions will be deliberated and implemented soon.
@macfranc spambot is a stubborn Moderator grin So I suggest you should keep your posts as precise as possible. That way, you won't get into any troubles.
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by sisqology(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2013
When ready, I can take CSS tutorials. Or HTML. Any!
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by kutymoore(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Oh! Men, i'll like an expert on web masters to ellaborate on this issue tanx
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by frisahost(m): 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
I think tutorials frm d basic to advance....i can take tutorials on html
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Pachjosy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
Bravo for this great idea of urs. Lets get it started!
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by PGON(m): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
4)Some threads hold answer to frequently asked questions:

Example:
A thread that provides the best solution to a particular problem (fulfills a particular request) can be used as reference thread

When such request is made: The requester can be referred to reference thread.
(something like Read this before asking a question)

Bad English, Sorry i can't help it... it is emotional thing
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by phpNET(m): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
Why dont we make a tutorial group base?

We could hold free training on programming languages like PHP, ASP.NET, PYTHON, JAVASCRIPT, JAVA etc in real time training maybe once or twice in a week, venue should be available, time schedule, and attendance must be strictly via nairaland. then some revisions can be made here on nairaland probably on a new thread.
To make visitors more active we got to entice them with something mouth watering...
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by solid3(m): 7:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
Lets find a way to create a "hyip" on Web Development using this section. Nigeria has a long way to go interms of we presence of Nigerian companies and web solution.

If that is successful, we will all be smiling to the bank.
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by sisqology(m): 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
php.NET:

We could hold free training on programming languages like PHP, ASP.NET, PYTHON, JAVASCRIPT, JAVA etc in real time training maybe once or twice in a week, venue should be available, time schedule, and attendance must be strictly via nairaland. then some revisions can be made here on nairaland probably on a new thread.
To make visitors more active we got to entice them with something mouth watering...

Exactly my point
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Slyr0x: 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
php.NET:

Great Idea Sir. Thanks
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by phpNET(m): 3:37am On Apr 12, 2013
If only we believe, we can make nairaland a more better facebook coming out of Nigeria, imagine integrating a social networking platform to nairaland and having so many different groups, sections of careers, politics, professional departments etc... All we need is to believe in ourselves and admire our own creations...

Through the weekly training, infopreneurs will be born, IT oriented experts will emerge. Naija go rise to the top without government funds nd laundry shouldn't stop us...
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by frisahost(m): 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
@sisqology i second to ur point...i think that we help alot of pple who want to venture into web design
sisqology:

Exactly my point
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 13, 2013
Slyr0x:

Great Idea Sir. Thanks
The response so far has been amazing. Right?
Re: Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
A lot of duplicate threads. Currently, there are three threads on facebook founder visiting akwa ibom on webmasters section.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Free Alternatives To Backupbuddy / Top Five Nigerian Music Websites In Nigeria 2013 / Experienced and competitive web developers are urgently needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.