Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud (17267 Views)

See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong / Salvation Ministries Port Harcourt is a FRAUD!!! / The Idea Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
The topic of mutual exclusion of omniscience and freewill is a topic that exposes many things about the nature of God.
This topic just didnt immediately mean that God does not exist if we have freewill, it also means that If God exist, then we dont have freewill. What we therefore call freewill is only a delusion because if Jack has two options - A and B, and if an omniscient being knows that Jack was going to choose B, then Jack MUST choose B, if not, the omniscient being is not omniscient anymore.
Jack, on the other hand would think that its his freewill to choose between A or B, but it has been decided long ago. Jack therefore has only the delusion of freewill.
This fact shows that if God exist, then man does not have a real freewill but a delusion of it. This therefore makes God a villain by making man believe that a delusion is reality. But isnt that what religion is all about? Religion is all about deception, and God is all about getting worshiped.

How exactly is God a fraudster? I will use two events in the bible to show how God or at least the idea of God has defrauded man.

1. The fall of man - According to Gen 3, God supposedly gave man the choice of eating or not eating from the tree of knowledge, out of which man ate and God got furious. In his furiousness, he punished man.
But if God is truly omniscient, then he must have known that man would eat from the tree of knowledge, why then did he get furious enough to punish man?? That is the problem here, the fraud.
God made Adam and Eve look stupid and God pretended as if he never knew they were going to eat from the tree and he punished them and sent them off Eden.

So, if God knew they were going to eat from the tree, why get furious again - this means he is a fraud by pretending he never knew.

But the religious will not agree with the above - this immediately suggest that God is not omniscient.

So it is either God is not omniscient or he is a fraudster, no other option is possible.

God defrauded man by making it seem as if it was man's decision to eat from the tree. This he did so that man would think he had disobeyed God and so owed God a lifetime of worship in return for his salvation that he offered us.

God inveigled the human race and made us think we are the villains when in fact he is the criminal. This is an act of fraudulent.

2. The betrayal of Judas - According to the Gospels, a man named Judas betrayed Jesus, he later committed suicide because he thought it was his own freewill at work.
But if God is truly omniscient, then he must have known that Judas would betray Jesus, but he pretended and played dumb.
The fraud here is this - Because God already knew that Judas would betray Jesus, since he is omniscient, and because someone must betray Jesus for God's dumb plan to work, then it is not Judas freewill to betray Jesus because it is either Judas betrayed Jesus or God is not omniscient anymore. Judas never understood this and after the act, he blamed his freewill and committed suicide.

God defrauded Judas of his life by deceiving him into thinking it was his freewill to betray Jesus when in fact he must for God's omniscience to remain valid.

This proves that if God exist, then we do not have freewill, all the evils in the world are just what God planned.

God is a fraud. He defrauded us into thinking we have freewill so we would think that all our mistakes are a result of our freewill and so feel like we owe him lifetime of worship in order to save us. For God, it is not about us, it is about him getting worshiped, this is why he defrauded us.

God is a fraud and we must do away with such a villain. Think and choose wisely

9 Likes

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
Great points, I particularly agree with the part about the garden of eden and the forbidden fruit, but OP your thread title is offensive to theists. It would have been better to give the title a less inflammatory heading like 'the problem of god's omniscience' or something else of that sort.

Christians might be too angry with you because of the way you insulted their god to take your thread serious or to see the message within it.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by braxjay(m): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
NL member: Great points, I particularly agree with the part about the garden of eden and the forbidden fruit, but OP your thread title is offensive to theists. It would have been better to give the title a less inflammatory heading like 'the problem of god's omniscience' or something else of that sort.

Christians might be too angry with you because of the way you insulted their god to take your thread serious or to see the message within it.

u know , nothing wrong with the piece but the word are not in line
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
NL member: Great points, I particularly agree with the part about the garden of eden and the forbidden fruit, but OP your thread title is offensive to theists. It would have been better to give the title a less inflammatory heading like 'the problem of god's omniscience' or something else of that sort.

Will take that under advisement. But that is the message i want to pass. I think that the truth should be said no matter how it would be taken by people.

The Yorubas also say that the truth is bitter and that is true.

I think that religions and God are frauds.

1 Like

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
Good afternoon bros,

Sorry I did not read the OP for a justifiable reason: How can someone who you believe does not exist be a fraudster? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:
Will take that under advisement. But that is the message i want to pass. I think that the truth should be said no matter how it would be taken by people.

Of course we all have opinions that would turn out to be offensive to some people but there is something called diplomacy and political correctness. If your aim is to get christians to read your thread and understand it then the last thing you want to do is write something that would make them too angry to take you serious.

@bold, how can a god you believe to be non existent be fraudulent by the way?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by alfaman2: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2013

I don't see anything wrong in calling a fraudster a fraudster. Except if you worship one.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
alfaman2:

I don't see anything wrong in calling a fraudster a fraudster. Except if you worship one.

how can a god you believe to be non existent be fraudulent?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon bros,

Sorry I did not read the OP for a justifiable reason: How can someone who you believe does not exist be a fraudster? undecided

for your sake, just for your sake, i have edited the topic
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by alfaman2: 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
NL member:
how can a god you believe to be non existent be fraudulent?

You just answered your own question.

1 Like

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
NL member:
@bold, how can a god you believe to be non existent be fraudulent by the way?

Topic edited!!
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

Topic edited!!

you couldn't simply have made it 'why the idea of god is fraudulent?'

whatever though. its your thread. do what you like.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

for your sake, just for your sake, i have edited the topic

Thanks man!

How is ya gal doing?

#I am pretty sure you don't want me posting my thoughts on the OP.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 3:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
striktlymi:

Thanks man!

How is ya gal doing?

#I am pretty sure you don't want me posting my thoughts on the OP.

all thoughts are welcome. I take it you feel a little intimidated because the OP is nothing but TRUE!!!
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by achinaboy(m): 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2013

i think u made a nice point
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

all thoughts are welcome. I take it you feel a little intimidated because the OP is nothing but TRUE!!!

I hardly get intimidated by anything or anyone. I will give a response to the OP but this would basically be for 'sports' cheesy.

#Will be back in a jiffy!
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
braxjay:

I'd choose my words carefully is i were you, calling God a fraudster is mere stupidity even if u have a point to prove, choose the initial words carefully

Teaching kids about God is a fraudulent act since they grow up to think exactly like you do!

God doesn't fit into our society, the idea is fading out. When last did a God give you manner from heaven? Learn to think!

2 Likes

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by achinaboy(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

i think religions are frauds,but God? we are yet to confirm his aim
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
TOPIC FULLY EDITED ON MULTIPLE REQUESTS!!
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
ifeness:

Teaching kids about God is a fraudulent act since they grow up to think exactly like you do!

God doesn't fit into our society, the idea is fading out. When last did a God give you manner from heaven? Learn to think!

I am curious to know what your thoughts are about the bold? Why exactly is it fraudulent?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman: TOPIC FULLY EDITED ON MULTIPLE REQUESTS!!

grin
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by alfaman2: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman: for your sake, just for your sake, i have edited the topic
ooman: Topic edited!!
ooman: TOPIC FULLY EDITED ON REQUEST!!

Why are you allowing yourself to be bullied by christians?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
alfaman2:
Why are you allowing yourself to be bullied by christians?

I know such comments will come but either way, no harm done right?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
achina boy:
i think religions are frauds,but God? we are yet to confirm his aim

all religions are based on a God, therefore, God is the ultimate fraud!
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

all religions are based on a God, therefore, God is the ultimate fraud!

Striktlymi is known to be fraudulent.

Striktlymi believes in God.

Therefore God is fraudulent.

#Do you see the error in the argument above?

1 Like

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
striktlymi:

Striktlymi is known to be fraudulent.

Striktlymi believes in God.

Therefore God is fraudulent.

#Do you see the error in the argument above?

Lie.

Check the religious books. They are the ultimate fraud.

All my accusations against the idea of God are from the Spirit inspired Holy Word of God.

Your analogy is baseless!!!
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by brainpulse: 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

I put it to you, that you are a fraud....

1. Why did you come to this world when you know you will still die and leave this world?
2. Why do you long for material things when you know you will leave them behind when you die?
3. Why did you choose to be a black man in Nigeria when you have all the choices in this world?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
brainpulse:

I put it to you, that you are a fraud....

1. Why did you come to this world when you know you will still die and leave this world?
2. Why do you long for material things when you know you will leave them behind when you die?
3. Why did you choose to be a black man in Nigeria when you have all the choices in this world?

Your questions are pathetically dumb. I didnt choose to come to this world, i was born. I didnt choose to be black, i was born one and i need material things to survive and raise children, after which i will leave it for them to build on and leave for their children.

Some religious people can be willingly dumb

6 Likes

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

Lie.

There is a need for you to substantiate the above. How is my post a lie?

ooman:
Check the religious books. They is the ultimate fraud.

All my accusations against the idea of God are from the Spirit inspired Holy Word of God.

Your analogy is baseless!!!

The above failed to demonstrate that the fallacious argument I put up there is a baseless lie. If you claim that your accusations stems from the religious books then one would be tempted to ask you, how many religions (or sects) do we have and how many of such religious books have you read?

#Don't give me the two major religion thingy as your answer o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs Camps In Plateau State (Photos) / ‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’ / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.