Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud (17282 Views)

See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong / Salvation Ministries Port Harcourt is a FRAUD!!! / The Idea Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 1:22am On Apr 27, 2013
Life is either a dream, or a video.game lol... It all started with a flash, like turning on the console, lol seems unlogical, but not at all...

Like we're the gods of computers, the creators of a systematic mind
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 1:31am On Apr 27, 2013
You're the universe exploring the universe in "solid" form, even though nothing is truely solid
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 1:38am On Apr 27, 2013
ooman:

Will take that under advisement. But that is the message i want to pass. I think that the truth should be said no matter how it would be taken by people.

The Yorubas also say that the truth is bitter and that is true.

I think that religions and God are frauds.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 1:39am On Apr 27, 2013
...i love your logic man... So if we have free will, would you agree that we are our own gods?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 3:28am On Apr 27, 2013
when you BELIEVE in god, you there fore, give your life to him, or whatever. Assuming, he'll take control of it with or with out free will of ypur own, you believe, with belief that the lord, has chosen the path for you...

Free will for what you choose to believe in...
....to the.religious people, god exists because, they believe, with what ever proof they believe was the work of god,

...belief, is the answer, and we have the free will to believe in what ever...
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 3:31am On Apr 27, 2013
There is no plan for your life, except yours
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 3:38am On Apr 27, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @ooman
U believe u hv a brain because of d ct scan? Beautiful
Before there was ct scan, hw could u hv known?
When u hv dt scan, hw can u be sure dt wht diagnosis gotten from it is read right?
Nonetheless without d ct scan u can't tell for certain u hv a brain right?

Let us go deeper:
Do u hv thoughts? If yes, hw do u know? Ever seen those thoughts of urs? R they quantifiable & measurable?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 3:40am On Apr 27, 2013
Thoughts are measured through brain waves and frequencies. Js
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 7:23am On Apr 27, 2013
the secret222: ...i love your logic man... So if we have free will, would you agree that we are our own gods?

Freewill is ultimate freedom so, probably yes, if we must use the term "god "
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
ooman:

Ok, so according to you, if a newly designed computer system is faulty in its cables, the cable is to be blamed- Makes perfect sense. cheesy

Oh, so you who is like 59 years old still debate with someone you assumed was thirteen years old?? grin you are soooooo funny and senseless

As per the argument, automation is possible in human intelligence, which is the direct answer I gave your question of couldn't a designer make a system to be continuous? But such designed automation isn't observable in nature. We see mistakes causing variations and not some set parameters and we know that algorithms cause automation in intelligently designed systems, bit such algorithms never occur in nature. This is why there is no designer in nature, however you want to view it.

yes, kinds are species.

because it destroys the infallible, omnipotent, supercomplex, sovereign almighty monster yahweh character, who is called perfect. so its either man is wiser than god or he does not exist cheesy

What dumb logic is this? God took the animals to Adam to see what he would name them WITHOUT intending that Adam should name them?? Your god must be really thoughtless then, just like you, which fits if your god is only made up in your head. Religious logic = waste of free time.

Another dumb input. God and Adam are now Father and baby and creation is now toy for Adam to play with-pathetically senseless, but amusing though.

Another dumb input. Not willingly reproducing though hardwired to reproduce doesnt mean loss of reproductive ability, doesn't mean failure of reproductive parts.

Hardwired with raw abilities and its failure means such an idea is just another myth. cheesy

Shakes my head, dust my fingers, am done with this iddiot.

Btw, there is no such species which popped into existence from nothing and started evolution grin this isnt Star Trek kid. Another myth of yours debunked.

You mean you are?? Never thought i'd meet one! Nice meeting you though cheesy

@1st bolded, I figured you'd soon realize that your own crap could still drown you smiley

@2nd bolded, wasn't me said I was having fun taking so much pain, was it? smiley

Anyhow, I think that there really hasn't been anything new to say for a long time now.

The summary of my arguments in this particular duscussion with ooman is that the existence of such things as ooman call mistakes does not at all disprove the existence of an intelligent designer. If it proved anything at all, it would be that an intelligent designer made mistakes, but to be able to make this latter argument fly, we have to agree on what standard to judge by.

If we cannot, the debate does not even begin.

That was all that all the long posts were really about. I flowed with all the other stuff particularly to allow ooman expose himself as the not-so-smart person he thinks he is and the rather dishonest person that he really is.

Well, it's really time to go. It was quite dirty doing business with you, ooman. If there is anything up there in your post that you really want answrers to, go through my previous posts and where you don't find answers in them, list the issue and I'll come back and show you where I've answered them or answer them if I had thought wrong about answering them.

Now, I have to go clean up. One should do so after trying to fetch sheep from the mud.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^this guy really think I have time for his amusement grin keep dreaming cheesy
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
Lol. You don't wanna catch fun anymore?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol. You don't wanna catch fun anymore?

had enough

Ihe -

God is outside time.

God automates creation

First species popped into existence from nothing and evolution started

If a designed system is faulty, blame the system or the parts

etc etc etc

grin grin grin

am done laughing.

thanks for the good time kid cheesy
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
If the above can be used as a gauge of your ability to comprehend what you read and you call someone of my age (which you do not know, btw, another evidence of your penchant fot presumption) "kid", you must be an heir who's never felt the need to work a day in your life. (Well, a fifty-year-old wino wouldn't have money to spend on regular Internet activity and a hardworking man fulfilling responsibilities that require intellectual activity in a serious business environment could not be so unintelligent.)

You see, of the four examples you gave of my arguments, only the first was correct. That's a 75% fail rate for comprehension only.

Anyhow, you take care now.

smiley
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^sorry for calling you kid.

I hope now, you know what the word "time" means and that the only thing that can exist outside time is "nothing", so you saying god is outside time is saying god is nothing, god being nothing means he doesn't exist. cheesy
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 4:43am On Apr 28, 2013
ooman:

had enough

Ihe -

God is outside time.

God automates creation

First species popped into existence from nothing and evolution started

If a designed system is faulty, blame the system or the parts

etc etc etc

grin grin grin

am done laughing.

thanks for the good time kid cheesy
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 4:48am On Apr 28, 2013
Life is as tho a projection, we're living in. A video game, theres more universe, that ar,e identical to ours, universes where possibilities, everysingle one, has been played out, a multiverse, MWI- many worlds interpretations of quantum physics....
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by thesecret222: 5:09am On Apr 28, 2013
Do you remember a previous conversation about the omniscient, in other words god? God is the universe, who responds to feeling, there for the omniscient knows all through feelings and how you feel , it was said earlier, as i recall, if there's a god there cant be free will. Because god would know your every move, so the demontration of jack and his two optipns, A and B, god would know he would pick B, therefor he has to pick B because of how hes feeling, because of how jack is feeling, and makes the choice for him, but in this case i refer to god as the universe , and the universe is a computer, its pretty much like the sims, a simulation of life, the matrix, maybe 30years from now....in advanced technology, we're all made of pixels, like a projection of some sort, and computers project images as their function,
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
ooman: ^^^sorry for calling you kid.

I hope now, you know what the word "time" means and that the only thing that can exist outside time is "nothing", so you saying god is outside time is saying god is nothing, god being nothing means he doesn't exist. cheesy

If you want to explain what "time" means and how "nothing" can exist outside it, you've got my full blessing.

smiley
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

If you want to explain what "time" means and how "nothing" can exist outside it, you've got my full blessing.

smiley

Ah, I hope your blessing is worth it.

Time according to Einstein is an ever existing abstract that only becomes relevant to an observer.
Only nothing is outside time because only nothing happens to nothing.

Time is the period between any 2 events. Everything that does something does it within a period, therefore within time.

That something is eternal might mean timeless in human comprehension, but as long as that thing does something or changes, then its bound by time and nothing can exist in the same state forever because the only thing constant inside and outside the universe is change and even change, an abstract, is under time.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2013
ooman: Time is the period between any 2 events.

Is the above different from how I defined time to Lb at https://www.nairaland.com/1254148/why-idea-god-fraud/10#15260954 as evidenced below?

Ihedinobi: Time is simply the flow of events

About your theory of inexistence outside time, there is one little problem.

If time is a sequence of events such that it marks their evolution and/or devolution, it is essentially a line.

Now if something could process every event of this line at once, that is, address itself to every point on this line simultaneously, would its overall or net operations be measurable in periods? If so, please demonstrate how.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Is the above different from how I defined time to Lb at https://www.nairaland.com/1254148/why-idea-god-fraud/10#15260954 as evidenced below?

About your theory of inexistence outside time, there is one little problem.

If time is a sequence of events such that it marks their evolution and/or devolution, it is essentially a line.

Now if something could process every event of this line at once, that is, address itself to every point on this line simultaneously, would its overall or net operations be measurable in periods? If so, please demonstrate how.

well, it might take a plane 8 hours to reach a destination on earth where it will take light just a fraction of a second, does that mean light is now timeless??

What seem simultaneous to you is measurable by some other factors. Time doesn't have to be a long distance.

The fastest computer processor could process billions of information in just one second of earth's time(I suppose you know our 24 hour system is based on earth's rotation). That of course seem simultaneous when viewed by earth's rotation standard, but still measurable with high figures when using the speed of light as a standard.

I think the first question should be - Based on what standard exactly should we/do we measure time??

You shouldn't be surprised to know that our clock system is useless on Mars or Venus as it wont tell the time of night and day correctly since their rotation rate is different.

Standard by which an observer measures time is important in defining time. Even the bible says our 1000 years is one day to your god.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 29, 2013
Read my question again and try your answer again. I asked something rather simple. In fact, I will repeat it here. This sort of question is called a hypothetical.

If something or someone could interact with every point on the timeline simultaneously, would its or their interactions with the timeline be measurable in periods? If you think that they can be, demonstrate how.

The only question that precedes the above is what time is and you've answered it. All you need to do now is to apply your definition of time to the bolded question and let us know how you know that "nothing" can exist outside of "time", as you claimed.

It doesn't matter that what would count as a year for earth-dwellers is so many days only for Mars-dwellers etc etc. Time can be defined independent of how any two different standards measure it. As you yourself said, time is the period between two events whether the events occur on Mars, in the Magellan clouds or wherever, right? I think you agree.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 29, 2013
By the way, I did ask you this as well:

Ihedinobi: Is the above different from how I defined time to Lb...?

I think you implied that I didn't know the meaning of time when you said this:

ooman: I hope now, you know what the word "time" mean

So you should probably explain why you assumed that I didn't know the meaning of time and needed to learn it on this thread.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 6:10am On Apr 29, 2013
Ihedinobi: Read my question again and try your answer again. I asked something rather simple. In fact, I will repeat it here. This sort of question is called a hypothetical.

If something or someone could interact with every point on the timeline simultaneously, would its or their interactions with the timeline be measurable in periods? If you think that they can be, demonstrate how.

The only question that precedes the above is what time is and you've answered it. All you need to do now is to apply your definition of time to the bolded question and let us know how you know that "nothing" can exist outside of "time", as you claimed.

It doesn't matter that what would count as a year for earth-dwellers is so many days only for Mars-dwellers etc etc. Time can be defined independent of how any two different standards measure it. As you yourself said, time is the period between two events whether the events occur on Mars, in the Magellan clouds or wherever, right? I think you agree.

if you didn't find answer from my post, then such hypothetical entity cannot exist. Maths cannot be applied to him and there is nothing, material or immaterial that maths cannot be applied to.

If something is interacting with a range of things simultaneously on the same timeline, the only difference is that it interacted with those things within the same time period, it still takes a period to start an interaction and end it measurable in time.

Afterall, light spread to half of earth simultaneously (on the same timeline), does that now mean that because light spread to more than one location simultaneously, its independent of time??
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 6:46am On Apr 29, 2013
Ihedinobi: By the way, I did ask you this as well:

I think you implied that I didn't know the meaning of time when you said this:

So you should probably explain why you assumed that I didn't know the meaning of time and needed to learn it on this thread.

because you assume that someone that does something is not bound by time.

heck, am not also bound by time, I just work under 24hr earth time cheesy
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 29, 2013
hmm, ooman, you still dey here?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2013
musKeeto: hmm, ooman, you still dey here?

I still dey ooooo. I don turn to nursery school teacher grin
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by uglybetty: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
This is for the poster.Behind any mover there is a mover which is God. Is not by force to serve God,why come here and blasphem? Bloody theist. the truth is that when u disobey u get punished for that. Why are you refering to the God of the christians and leaving the muslims out? Shame on u.
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
ooman: If something is interacting with a range of things simultaneously on the same timeline, the only difference is that it interacted with those things within the same time period, it still takes a period to start an interaction and end it measurable in time.

@bolded: if the interaction is with every single instant of time at once, that is, with every individual point of development in all processes, the start and end of the interaction would occur simultaneously.

Now, to calculate lapse of time, we graduate a scale that is based on some event that occurs at as constant a rate as possible and mark by points on the scale the occurences of events and subtract the prior point from the subsequent.

So if the beginning and end of the interaction in question occur simultaneously, what would be the lapse of time?
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
ooman:

because you assume that someone that does something is not bound by time.

Did I assume that you didn't know what time is for assuming that it is impossible to do something without being bound by time? Well, I didn't.

And now you know that indeed I do know whatt time is and there are probably things you just don't know about time.

smiley
Re: Why The Idea of God Is A Fraud by ooman(m): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Did I assume that you didn't know what time is for assuming that it is impossible to do something without being bound by time? Well, I didn't.

And now you know that indeed I do know whatt time is and there are probably things you just don't know about time.

smiley

Things like what exactly?? sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? / Asiri Ijinle Olorun Pelu Awon Woli Re / Adeboye & Wife Folu, Sing For Oby Ezekwesili On Her 60th Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.