Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan (14724 Views)

Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) / Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Photo: Is This The Most Beautiful Police Station In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Tension As Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan.

People scampered for safety at Mokola area of Ibadan on Thursday as police officers shot sporadically after some soldiers stormed their station in the afternoon.

The soldiers, who came on motorcycles, reportedly beat and manhandled the police officers they met at the station in order to avenge an alleged brutality inflicted on one of their colleagues on Wednesday by policemen.

The affected soldier was said to be a victim of a 'stop and search' operation usually embarked upon by officers of the police station every night in front of their Mokola office.

The soldier was reportedly shot on the ankle for refusing to heed the order of a police officer who stopped his vehicle.

The development infuriated his colleagues, who stormed the station and manhandled policemen on duty, beating them with belts for few minutes before they left for their barracks.

Officers at the station called for re-enforcement, which did not arrive until the soldiers left.

As at late afternoon, the mobilised policemen had taken over some strategic areas close to the station, shooting sporadically and causing traffic gridlock.

Police sources said a soldier was later arrested and was taken to the police headquarters in handcuffs.

The Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Ilobanafor, confirmed the incident.

She said the soldier that was arrested has been handed over to Army authorities.

http://m.naij.com/news/30743.html
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by MrUmaRu(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Am sure these are not naija security agents, if they are, shame dey catch me

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by confusion247(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
Very shameful. When will we start to hear good news in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Osama10(m): 3:35am On Apr 12, 2013
These people are jobless, just redeploy them to the North East of Naija. angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by ektbear: 4:24am On Apr 12, 2013
Insanity.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 12, 2013
National disgrace. The soldiers are to be blamed on this. Why are they forming above the law in this pothole called Nigeristain??

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by pomporiking: 7:21am On Apr 12, 2013
Why this otondo police never learnsoldiers no dey under democracy,they do whatever they like..

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by ochukoccna: 8:39am On Apr 12, 2013
All the shot soldier had to do was identify himself properly
I'm sure he trued to do gra gra and force his way !
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2013
.i wont want to comment on this issue until i confirm from my......., dats all...
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Adex097: 8:50am On Apr 12, 2013
Oya make police too go invade army barracks grin

10 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2013
Truth be said, The NPF is useless to our society. they inflict more pain to the people than protecting them.
I no pity dem abeg!!

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Walexz02(m): 8:52am On Apr 12, 2013
shocked
hehehe!! See olopa dey find trouble. Bt wait o! Why didn't the soldier identify himself to the policeman on duty? I reserve my main comment till I hear the cooked part of the story from our men in black as usuall.8-)
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Adex097: 8:54am On Apr 12, 2013
pompori king: Why this otondo police never learnsoldiers no dey under democracy,they do whatever they like..
telme the system of govt they are under if not democracy.....stchew
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 12, 2013
Dog eat doggringringrin let them ride on till its Uncle Jonas turn τ̲̅ȍ be invaded by senate.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 12, 2013
Adex097: Oya make police too go invade army barracks grin

for ur mind abi shocked

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by petrus4good(m): 8:57am On Apr 12, 2013
Na wa Oooo

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 12, 2013
Dem won die ni?
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by alluson(m): 9:04am On Apr 12, 2013
Chei! See people wey dem say make dem go protect us, dem leave der job begin do "war start", rambo n delta force, while dis rugged men called BK boys carry seat dey watch d cinema and in d procedure acquirn more skills 2 invade us we d protectee...
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by bigsegzy(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2013
Let's b honest here even though the action of those soldiers is questionable,the police deserve thorough beating,ow can u shoot a citizen who is not harm? And I thought roadblock is a thing of the past?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by 5alive(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2013
abeg make then no bobo us joor....
The soldiers and the police are fightin over the ownership of d Mokola bridge
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by maj007(m): 9:06am On Apr 12, 2013
Finally, nemesis has caught up with those Mokola policemen.

If you have ever been unjustly harassed in the name of stop and search operation by those guys you will agree that was nemesis.

Sometimes in January, I was rushing to meet someone at Cocoa House and there was heavy traffic 'cos of the on going construction work under that mokola bridge. I got down from the car and boarded a bike taking only my laptop bag. Almost instantly, I was stopped and was asked to follow them to the station. I felt like it was a dream. Upon my asking why, the two policemen said "move now or we drag u".

I had nothing to hide, so I followed them to their station. On getting there, they took me to one inner chamber where if anything had happen no-one will hear a thing. I was asked to identify myself which I did to the very best anyone can.

Before that, I asked them to let me call my colleague who was also in the car with me to update him of my whereabout. They declined and immediately confiscated my phone.

They took my laptop from my bag and requested that I compromise my password by telling them. I had to do it because it wld be stupid to refuse. They poured other content of the bag on the floor without any care. They found two external hard drives and two personal cheque booklets among some other things. Then came their accusation that they seriously suspect I WAS A YAHOO BOY, and hence they must scrutinize me thoroughly. They ransacked my laptop, storage device and phones. Read all my official documents, personal communications with friends and families as I watched on in heavy heart.

Eventually, when they could not find anything incriminating they asked " why do only u have two personal cheque booklets". At that point, having been delayed for more than two hours, missed my meeting and denied access to communication, my heart was hardened and started responding with annoyance. I told them that I am not aware it is now a crime to have as many as possible cheques. And that I will surely seek legal redress.

Eventually, they released me and I had to do damage limitation for the delay, missed meeting, and the incommunicado state they put me which proved very costly in later days.

I WISH THEM MORE OF SOLDIERS' BEATING. AMINNNNNNNNN

13 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Exponental(m): 9:06am On Apr 12, 2013
Why do soldiers feel above d law?
Well......Nigerian tinz shaa!
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by cr7lomo: 9:07am On Apr 12, 2013
Those soldiers 4k up , y dem no kill like 5. Wetin b belt, y sud a police officer shoot a soldier witout a gun in d ankle. Policemen r naturally evil. If na civilian, dem go jst kill trowey.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Edoboy1(m): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2013
cool grin grin grin ,hahahahahaaha very cool. Does that said they r ashamed,no need. Things like this happen every where,is "fight for supremacy". But wait o,they were wrong to shoot the army guy,they went too far.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Ljboy(m): 9:10am On Apr 12, 2013
hahaha... na wa o.. so na belt soldier men take go invade a whole police station!.. mehn truely, our NPF na jx waste!.. buh soldiers own don dey 2much o, y dm no report d mata gv dia senior officers rather dan takin lawz into dia IRON BELTED HANDS?? LWKMD
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Morgan1092(m): 9:10am On Apr 12, 2013
What is it wit all this 9ja soldiers always tryn 2 intimid8 d police, dem no see Boko boys? Mtchewww
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by FAVBABS(m): 9:10am On Apr 12, 2013
Let the police too go and invade the soldier barrak if truly they mean business
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by LEvuls(m): 9:11am On Apr 12, 2013
chai! imagine one's father/mother(police) being flog with belt.
frankly speaking e no funny atall
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Morgan1092(m): 9:12am On Apr 12, 2013
Imagine security agents dat shld be protecting d lives & properties, now fighting dem sefs. WHAT A SHAME!!!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by adesammy1(m): 9:12am On Apr 12, 2013

Them wan die
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Morgan1092(m): 9:13am On Apr 12, 2013
FAVBABS: Let the police too go and invade the soldier barrak if truly they mean business
Invade kini? Dia mind no reach joor
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by daylae(m): 9:14am On Apr 12, 2013
invade army barrack? Then the prey has come home. . . I had it that policemen are now wearing mufties after the incident. Some will even deny being police officers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Assembly Constitutes Panel To Probe Aregbesola / Godwin Obaseki Meets European Union Election Observers / Tinubu’s Letter Divides NWC As APC Caucus, NEC Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.