Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan (14731 Views)

Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) / Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Photo: Is This The Most Beautiful Police Station In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Fishout(m): 9:16am On Apr 12, 2013
Nobody above d law.Oga soldier should have played maturity by allowing police to do dere work.but 9ja secuty sha a a a...den dey disgrace.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by alfaman2: 9:19am On Apr 12, 2013
If there is a god and he loves you, the first thing he would do is to get you out of Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Godjone(m): 9:20am On Apr 12, 2013
shameless hausa- goro-teethed-soldiers! Lack of competence, the bane of this abuse of opportunity. This crop of misguided animals lack fortitude and objectivity. Soldiers of dis crop are a serious menace to society. I weep 4 them!
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:21am On Apr 12, 2013
daylae: invade army barrack? Then the prey has come home. . . I had it that policemen are now wearing mufties after the incident. Some will even deny being police officers.
lol
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:24am On Apr 12, 2013
Godjone: shameless hausa- goro-teethed-soldiers! Lack of competence, the bane of this abuse of opportunity. This crop of misguided animals lack fortitude and objectivity. Soldiers of dis crop are a serious menace to society. I weep 4 them!
Shut it, mann! You must be a terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by juman(m): 9:24am On Apr 12, 2013
Nonsense and jagbajantis.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 12, 2013
.....can any good thing come out of Nigeria?
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by dnawah(m): 9:27am On Apr 12, 2013
Officers at the station called for re-enforcement, which did not arrive until the soldiers left.
d driver on duty went to pee,it is y they were lategringringrin
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Royaldee: 9:28am On Apr 12, 2013
chiover: National disgrace. The soldiers are to be blamed on this. Why are they forming above the law in this pothole called Nigeristain??

i am sure you've not been victimised by police before. i was a victim of this by the same police officers at Mokola in 2009. i was just stopped for stop n search around 7pm, the next was 2 dirty slaps from already drunk and smoking police officers. the next thing i was in the cell for commiting no crime and nothing incriminating was found on me. I had to part with 3k to allow them to free me.

A friend of mine told me she was brutalisez for no offence by these eee.diots. about 2 months ago, a 29 year old man was allegedly shot by these trigger-loving officers at that same Mokola Police station.

This has been going on way too long in that police station. i am so happy nemesis has caught up with them. and this is just thie begining. Many more are coming on their way..
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by MicroBox: 9:30am On Apr 12, 2013
Police deserve to be disgrace always. Imagine if police see u wit your babe na dat time e go wan fall ur hand. I went to custom mess without being a member i was allow to drive in. The second i went back to the same mess the custom on duty said i should park outside because why he allowed me in the previous day was that i m with my babe. If na police hmmmm.....
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by ffo(m): 9:31am On Apr 12, 2013
POLICE VS CIVILIANS
POLICE VS CIVIL DEFENCE
POLICE VS ARMY
NA ONLY THEM?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Goodluckoreva: 9:38am On Apr 12, 2013
Datz an action film......d police shud letz ve it on....DVD
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Okdanny: 9:40am On Apr 12, 2013
Wen our security gone mad,,,,,,,,then wt happen to d masses
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Godjone(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
Shut it, mann! You must be a terrorist.
explain why i am one :-
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Pdizzle(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2013
shame on both of them
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by LEvuls(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2013
ffo: POLICE VS CIVILIANS
POLICE VS CIVIL DEFENCE
POLICE VS ARMY
NA ONLY THEM?

Seems you been covering their afairs...abeg help me check wen las POLICE VS OPC
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by adeleyeA10(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2013
bandiejay:

for ur mind abi shocked
If na dream you better wake up on time, because if you wke up late you will end up counting body bags. 8-);(;>
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2013
FAVBABS: Let the police too go and invade the soldier barrak if truly they mean business
suicide mission
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Symphony007: 10:50am On Apr 12, 2013
A coup can still happen in nigeria o! This is very disturbing
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by WESTERNCR: 10:53am On Apr 12, 2013
FAVBABS: Let the police too go and invade the soldier barrak if truly they mean business
is will be like a dog going into the lion's den
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by WESTERNCR: 11:00am On Apr 12, 2013
Godjone: shameless hausa- goro-teethed-soldiers! Lack of competence, the bane of this abuse of opportunity. This crop of misguided animals lack fortitude and objectivity. Soldiers of dis crop are a serious menace to society. I weep 4 them!

lol....
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by graphicsplay: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2013
Adex097: Oya make police too go invade army barracks grin

Rats challenging cats to a fight is a good example of suicide. Another example: antelope going to the lion's den to recover an old dept
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by ayando(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2013
maj007: Finally, nemesis has caught up with those Mokola policemen.

If you have ever been unjustly harassed in the name of stop and search operation by those guys you will agree that was nemesis.

Sometimes in January, I was rushing to meet someone at Cocoa House and there was heavy traffic 'cos of the on going construction work under that mokola bridge. I got down from the car and boarded a bike taking only my laptop bag. Almost instantly, I was stopped and was asked to follow them to the station. I felt like it was a dream. Upon my asking why, the two policemen said "move now or we drag u".

I had nothing to hide, so I followed them to their station. On getting there, they took me to one inner chamber where if anything had happen no-one will hear a thing. I was asked to identify myself which I did to the very best anyone can.

Before that, I asked them to let me call my colleague who was also in the car with me to update him of my whereabout. They declined and immediately confiscated my phone.

They took my laptop from my bag and requested that I compromise my password by telling them. I had to do it because it wld be stupid to refuse. They poured other content of the bag on the floor without any care. They found two external hard drives and two personal cheque booklets among some other things. Then came their accusation that they seriously suspect I WAS A YAHOO BOY, and hence they must scrutinize me thoroughly. They ransacked my laptop, storage device and phones. Read all my official documents, personal communications with friends and families as I watched on in heavy heart.

Eventually, when they could not find anything incriminating they asked " why do only u have two personal cheque booklets". At that point, having been delayed for more than two hours, missed my meeting and denied access to communication, my heart was hardened and started responding with annoyance. I told them that I am not aware it is now a crime to have as many as possible cheques. And that I will surely seek legal redress.

Eventually, they released me and I had to do damage limitation for the delay, missed meeting, and the incommunicado state they put me which proved very costly in later days.

I WISH THEM MORE OF SOLDIERS' BEATING. AMINNNNNNNNN
I feel ur frustration man. sorry. In fact u patient oooo.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by FutureDon(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
maj007: Finally, nemesis has caught up with those Mokola policemen.

If you have ever been unjustly harassed in the name of stop and search operation by those guys you will agree that was nemesis.

Royaldee:

i am sure you've not been victimised by police before. i was a victim of this by the same police officers at Mokola in 2009. i was just stopped for stop n search around 7pm, the next was 2 dirty slaps from already drunk and smoking police officers. the next thing i was in the cell for commiting no crime and nothing incriminating was found on me. I had to part with 3k to allow them to free me.

Sometime last year, I was also ''unjustly harassed'' by those Policemen at Mokola. Just like you, it was a stop-and-search in front of their station. Those guys are so unprofessional. Na God go punish dem.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Derealme(m): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
E be lyk sey dis police dey craze for head, dem no knw dere level again. Soldier vs Police; Commando vs Ben 10
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by ceaz4r(m): 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2013

Haven said those, what have you to say about the act of the policeman shooting a soldier on the ankle? Were you a Judge, is this how you will pronounce judgments?
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
ochukoccna: All the shot soldier had to do was identify himself properly
I'm sure he trued to do gra gra and force his way !

The soldier that was shot died yesterday, evening.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by sayitout1: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2013
...wait a minute

Has anyone ever asked why d police end up shooting unarmed people even when they resist arrest or tried to be stiffed neck.

Is dat how they were trained?

2ndly, d police approach people in an unculture manner there causing comotion.

...well no b there fault, what do u expect wen an hungry & angry fellow is on duty?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
Those police in mokola and iyaganku are the most useless sets ever, they maltreat people anyhow, especially motorists.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by oyinsbank: 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
It shall not be well with all the police at that station, including the DPO and their families. that was how they killed my friend in cold blood at that mokola in january. Awon Oloriburuku.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
berem: Officers at the station called for re-enforcement
Na war? Law enforcers calling for re-enforcement to fight each other.
which did not arrive until the soldiers left.
That's the normal thing now, they don't normally arrive until Robbers have left too.
Re: Soldiers Invade Police Station In Ibadan by deols(f): 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
So they waited until d military men left b4 harassing the public by shooting sporadically!

I know the mokola police very well. They aren't the best of people and my really have deserved what happened to them.

Even then, the military men should have taken caution. There is a Military barrack in Mokola..if this continues, it would be very brutal.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo / Osun Partners Chinese Firm To Establish N216b Industrial Parks / Central Bank Of Nigeria, Makurdi Branch, Benue State On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.