Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Nigeria’s Headache - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Headache (683 Views)

Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari / Nigeria's Headache Can Only Be Cured By APC, Jonathan Should Step Down: Tinubu / Pdp Is Nigeria's Headache . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Headache by Realitytalk(f): 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
While the emerging powers envision a Nigeria whose rules and arrangements are more meditative of its contemporary premeditated equilibrium, they do not, for now, have a lucid substitute to offer to today’s free-thinking international order.

As the battle for the gubernatorial seat of my state intensifies, the black men carry the medals once more as Barrack Obama regains his position of authority in the white house. As impossible as Romney may deem this feat Obama the one time infamous black “nigger” as we are widely described has claimed the hearts of even his white skinned supporters. With the debates, the facts, the lies, the racism…one would have thought that we are doomed as black men to be enslaved to the white. Phew… a huge sigh of relief.

A close look inwards, does leadership need have a colour? Must a select few sit on the platform? Shouldn’t we allow the workers to have the wages? A question in a million that I ask my people daily. Everyone wants a piece of the national cake for self aggrandizement not for generational profitability. We are so obsessed with power that we are ready to love drama and use people. It does not matter how many people die daily because of our poor decisions, we really do not care how many have lost their lives fighting for us to sit on these seats, the poor medical healthcare of our people are so dim we overlook it yet take to our heels to a harbour of hope in another man’s land, education is food for a class and crumbs for the less privileged, the hunger and malnourishment is an avenue to make more wealth into our coffers. What actually matters to us is who leads and not how he leads, where he leads us to is secondary.

On the 10th of December it will be 49 years since Martin Luther had a dream that is now becoming the reality that we live in. Seven score and eight years from the time a great American man put his hand to paper in order to birth an Emancipation Proclamation. This proclamation arrived as a great beacon of hope to a camp of millions of negroes who were slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity. He had a dream “that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.” By faith I accept the last part of the prophecy as one to unfold in my time, by reality my contemporaries deem men into categories based on their pouch.
One score years after Martin Luther’s dream I was born and have lived a score and eight years. Today we are still struggling to understand perfectly the dream of restoration we had. No longer enslaved by our white masters, but our very own selves. Like Martin Luther stated “But one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination.
One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languishing in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. So we have come here today to dramatize a shameful condition”.

Not just the negroes but the people of my very own community. We are still being enslaved by our own people, we take their money and go to the market to buy a keg filled with gunpowder. Despite the principles stated clearly on marble as regards democracy there is a consistent struggle for power that takes a pound of flesh to reign. How long will we sit and watch the reins of power being pulled by the oppressor, will we all come out not regarding our skin colour and tribe to vote for the one who will take us to the next level or will we sit in the enclose of our rooms and discomfort of our homes and grumble a change impossible.

America has once again shown us the way forward your vote is your voice, your power and your strength. If everyone where to come out in their might and cast their mind would power not return to the right? I have a dream that one day we will enjoy free and fair elections, that one day our individual votes will count for the collective good of our people, our children, generations unborn and at last our country, that we will cease oppressing our kith and kin, that righteousness will be exalted upon this country and the government will be upon “His” shoulders. As we approach 2015 there is a need to come out of your cave and start speaking positively, let us tell our children, let us begin to instruct our youth, may we whisper to our fathers and look with our eyes at the right direction, choosing wisely and using the only voice that will count. Our vote.

Whether we accept it or not; Barrack Obama is back on seat. Voted into power by people who stood the lines, did not accept some cheap ransom to sell their power, their voice and their mind, no shedding of blood, no kidnapping, no assassination, no blackmailing, no terrorism, no impeachment, no money laundering, simply good governance amplified. He may not be perfect but he is the leader of the people, by the people and for the people. In conclusion I relate with a section on the United States itself, for reasons that Graham Allison articulated when he assessed the U.S.’s strategic position early last year: and I beg it’s application to my country in a bid that I will use a drug that has once worked to cure my own ailment peradventure it will relieve my pain.

“The number-one problem for the Nigeria is Nigeria. The major challenges to the future of Nigerian power are internal rather than external [...] Nigerian recovery and renewal are not inherent birthrights [...] For the foreseeable future, as the old Pogo cartoon put it: we’ve met the enemy, and he is us” [Allison's emphasis]. http:///csa4klg
Re: Nigeria’s Headache by NwaNimo1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
So what's your fcuuking point?

(Apart from expressing your inferiority complex)
Re: Nigeria’s Headache by NwaNimo1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
. . . . America has shown us the way forward!

CRACK KILLS!!
Re: Nigeria’s Headache by Realitytalk(f): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
your vote is your voice, your power and your strength. If everyone where to come out in their might and cast their mind would power not return to the right?
Re: Nigeria’s Headache by NwaNimo1(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
Realitytalk: your vote is your voice, your power and your strength. If everyone where to come out in their might and cast their mind would power not return to the right?

Nonsense . . . .

Votes are rigged . . . .and have always been in Nigeria as well as your beloved USA.

Wake up!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Headache by Realitytalk(f): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
Have you lost confidence in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria’s Headache by NwaNimo1(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
Realitytalk: Have you lost confidence in Nigeria?

I never had confidence in the entity I was born into as it was a mistake from it's inception.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Headache by Realitytalk(f): 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
I have confidence in my country, cos loosing confidence in it is loosing confidence n my very self. I was born to be a change agent, how can i give up on my country?

(1) (Reply)

Opposition Parties Misinforming Nigerians On Jonathan’sperformance – FG / State Of Emergency In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa •govs Retain Their Posts • / President Obama's 1979 Prom Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.