Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

US Oil Worker Killed In Port Harcourt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Oil Worker Killed In Port Harcourt (3938 Views)

US Oil, Not Threat To Nigeria –presidency / Us Oil War Crimes, / Africa - Next US Oil War Venue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Oil Worker Killed In Port Harcourt by owo(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2006
Accusing the Niger Delta or its inhabitants/custodians of the tribalism in Nigeria must be one of the worst misplacement of aggression in recent times.

I will try in the following brief to put these things in their proper perspective

Tribalism in Nigeria:
It is on record that a Niger Deltan (Chief Enahoro) moved the motion for Nigeria's independence, at a time when the north stated in clear terms that they did not want to be part of the emerging Nigeria.
It is on record that some of the animosity that blew open during the  the civil war was a tribalistic move in the western parliament that ensured that Azikiwe lost the premiership of the western region despite  'winning' because he was not a Yoruba man. A Niger Deltan had to be relieved of the same post , in the East, so that the returning Azikiwe could be the Premier.
It is on record that just before and during the civil war, some Niger Delta towns and villages had their names changes and properties re-assigned by occupying powers. The seccession project failed ONLY, AND ONLY  because the Niger Delta was uncomfortable with it at that material time and even volunteered and actually fought on the Nigerian( FederalGovernment )side.
It is on record that since the end of the Civil was in 1970, the Larger Nigeria has survived on the resources derived from the Niger Delta. Since then, at least 93% of foreign exchange earnings and >80 of GDP has been from the resources of the Niger Delta
[b[b]]It is on record [/b] that despite these contributions to the independence, molding, sustenance and financing of the Nigerian project, the Niger Delta and its citizens are the most impoverished, bastardized, raped, oppressed, cheated, insulted and traumatized segment of the Geo-polity.[/b]
It is on record that before 1993 (and the subsequent killing of Ken Wiwa) and even thereafter to this present day Nigeria has had inhibited access to all of the Delta's resources .

Who then is tribalistic? Which section of Nigeria has suffered more to ensure Nigeria continued existence?
Why must the Children of men whose parents (and themselves too) have been fed, trained and kept alive by the continued deprivation/rape/pauperisation of the Delta (and its inhabitants) insist  that this state of affairs should remain? Are these not the real tribalists?

All informed minds know that the Delta, is more diverse in tribal and ethnic composition than any other part of Nigeria. The Delta therefore does not have the ability to carry out and ethnic agenda neither does it intend to do so. Rather, it is the ethnic agenda of all that accuse the deltans of  tribalism to ensure that the stealing, looting, oppresion,pauperisation and rape of the Niger Delta reamins ongoing for their own benefit. they know for sure that they would have been  like their kiths and kins in Niger Republic/Benin Republic etc if they were not in the same geopolitical entity with the Niger Delta, which they have raped (for so long) for their profit. Next time you hear someone point an accusing finger at the Niger Delta alleging tribalism, then note his face because he is the tribalist.
Re: US Oil Worker Killed In Port Harcourt by DaHitler(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2006
The people of Benin have a higher standard of living than Nigerians. And from what I could tell when I visited there, they have more beautiful cities that can be found in Nigeria. Stop looking down on other western African nations, because all of them that have a coast line have a higher standard of living than Nigeria (With the exceptions of those that are experiencing civil war/major rebel attacks).
Re: US Oil Worker Killed In Port Harcourt by owo(m): 7:27pm On May 12, 2006
Then Afeni, please join them, this is a free world. The sooner you and your family , kiths/kins, village, community, state etc move over there the better for us all. That way, the number of mouths that we have to feed, cloth, train and receive insult from will be fewer. I wish you God-speed.
Re: US Oil Worker Killed In Port Harcourt by DaHitler(m): 7:35pm On May 12, 2006
I am already trained. And I am confortable where I am.
Re: US Oil Worker Killed In Port Harcourt by OlaAjia(m): 10:12am On May 13, 2006
Ono, I'm very sorry, But at that point in time, that was how I felt. As if you were insinuating that MEND is doing the right thing, by their demonstrations, kidnappings and perhaps killings. Maybe I pakaged my message the wrong way, but I hope you understood the contents. You should no attack Yorubas for being the leaders, instead, see them as members of one big family which you belong to.
Now this generation is gone. We should now be concerned about how to take care of the future of our country(We the new generations) and put aside those things that divide us.
ono:

Ola,
I hope you read all of my entries on this thread very well. Why are you this dissapointed in me?
Re: US Oil Worker Killed In Port Harcourt by maki(f): 1:56pm On May 15, 2006
@ Afeni
why must you be comfortable there
that is another man's land
come to your place and try to make things better
if you'll live up to your destined years

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was In Enugu Today Surprisingly Saw Many IPOB Poster Every Corner In The State / Reply To I Hate Biafra But I Am Igbo / Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.