Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,998 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya (3910 Views)

Hate Song Against Igbo Must Not Be Taken Lightly – Jonathan / Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? / Biafra: Buhari Habours Hatred Against Igbo People - Nnamdi Kanu's Father. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Stingman: 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
...Excerpts from an interview with Prof Anya Okoh Anya, former Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Economic Summit and President of the Nigeria Academy of Science...

...this country can only be rebuilt by everybody joining in. Three weeks ago, there was a Christian meeting in Ibadan, Yorubas, ordained Ministers were asking God for forgiveness because of what they have done to the Igbo people; they had a vision. They said that the attitude of the people to the Igbo has hindered God’s plan for Nigeria, at the meeting. It was said that until the Igbo have justice that Nigeria was going nowhere. So, there are a lot of things happening at the spiritual level in Nigeria as we speak...

...When you are working for integration, you first identify the things that people share and the things that make them different. You then try to reach the common ground, then the two will now work together in those things that are common to them and as they do that, confidence returns, trust rebuilt and you start greater cooperation. That is how a nation emerges. The first 32 appointments by Buhari, not one person from the South East was found appointable. So, what signals do you send? The South East is easy to illustrate and the same principle is applicable to people in the North. There are northerners outside this government that are not satisfied with what is happening. They do not think they are having their due. When you say that you have to be dealing with the 97 percent that voted for you, people take note of that. As I said at the national conference, between 2011 and now, there is no part of Nigeria that I have not been to. I was in the presidential and post election violence in 2011. I was one of the four members of that committee that had the privilege to interview Buhari in his house in Kaduna on that occasion and he impressed me with his passion for the country. When we were going out, he told his PA to get my number and for me to give him my number too. But that fervent passion that I saw is not evident in his government.

http://sunnewsonline.com/nigeria-can-only-work-if-injustice-against-igbo-is-redressed-anya/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by SexyNairalander: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
booked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
What abt injustice against Niger Delta?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
MrTruth4real:

Your head dey there my guy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by chimerase2: 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
undecided
Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by PentiumPro(f): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
Lies come naturally to these folks

this country can only be rebuilt by everybody joining in. Three weeks ago, there was a Christian meeting in Ibadan, Yorubas, ordained Ministers were asking God for forgiveness because of what they have done to the Igbo people; they had a vision.

Who are these Yoruba Christians and where in Ibadan was this meeting held.

God help us with these people and lies

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by mrvitalis(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
Seriously i want to know what injustice please??

We have more political post per square meter and more revenue allocation per square metre

Until we look inward, and stop complaining we won't develop... Stop all this lies from politicians trying to score cheap points

Whos stopping aba from having 24 hrs power?? Hausa man? ?

How's stopped aba inland Port?? Yoruba man?? ..

Will emeka offor die if he invest 2 billion dollars in onisha Port??

Will tonimas die if he build a refinery in Aba?

Will author eze die if he buys into innoson??

Show me how the Nigerian government is stopping igbos from developing

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
PentiumPro:

Any event you are not a witness to should be regarded as a lie

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
... Oji onye na ala ji onwe ya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
MrTruth4real:
... Then speak up! Even when you're not been heard, you need to keep speaking until justice is served.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
Even with the obvious marginalisation of ndi Igbo yet Nigeria as a nation does not prosper it has been from frying pan to fire

her citizens are now amongst the highest emigrants in search of a better life in other countries

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... Then speak up! Even when you're not been heard, you need to keep speaking until justice is served.
I ll try, am working on that, using my community as case study.
Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by backtosender: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
carmag:
Even with the obvious marginalisation of ndi Igbo yet Nigeria as a nation does not prosper it has been from frying pan to fire

her citizens are now amongst the highest emigrants in search of a better life in other countries
you are a trillion percent right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by modsmustdie: 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

We have more political post per square meter and more revenue allocation per square metre

Until we look inward, and stop complaining we won't develop... Stop all this lies from politicians trying to score cheap points

Who and who in yoruba built the port in yoruba land??

When it comes, SE, Emeka Offor should be the building things, but when comes to North and SW, FG will building things and you diabolical people see nothing wrong in it. ..

...I can still remember the Northerners accusing GEJ focusing development to his people. ..I can still remember Yoruba accusing GEJ of marginalizing them...but when it comes to Igbos, you evil people always find way to justify your evil against igbos...may God punish you all

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by galeiiTNA: 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
MrTruth4real:
All oil wells owned by yorubas should be handed over to Niger deltans

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by orimsamsam(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
PentiumPro:

lolz. Am also looking for where the meeting took place.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
galeiiTNA:
All oil wells owned by yorubas should be handed over to Niger deltans
No, that's not what we are asking for, we want development in our land, but if govt cannot developed our land, then they should allow us control our resources. It's not gonna be easy cause I know Niger Delta has some really greedy politicians, but I believe with time we will get things right.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Ngozi123(f): 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
Not only against Ndigbo, the Nigerian government has mistreated the vast majority of its citizens to one degree or another, it's just that most are too docile to do anything about it. This country is doomed; 50+ years of independence and what do we have to show for it? It's a real shame undecided.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
MrTruth4real:

I ll try, am working on that, using my community as case study.
... Excellent!
Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by adonis89(m): 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

c person wey say him b igbo man. Had it mean d thread was praising d yorubas, u will support it. Igbo man indeed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by mrvitalis(m): 4:56am On Dec 24, 2016
adonis89:
c person wey say him b igbo man. Had it mean d thread was praising d yorubas, u will support it. Igbo man indeed

Truth is truth simple

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

You are 23 so i think you believed that with this nonsense you wrote there that you ve made sense.

You ve only written according to your level of understanding.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by kettle84(m): 5:16am On Dec 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

By refusing to fix all federal roads and build new ones in the southeast as it is done in other regions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by caleboxylic: 5:17am On Dec 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

You are not sincère . How can You improve power in your state when the law requires you to add to the national grid?

Who built all the airports and seaports in the west? Not FG ba.

Tell me one project the FG has done in east excluding the airport at enugu That GEJ awarded.
mrvitalis:

Truth is truth simple

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by mrvitalis(m): 5:22am On Dec 24, 2016
caleboxylic:

You are not sincère . How can You improve power in your state when the law requires you to add to the national grid?

Who built all the airports and seaports in the west? Not FG ba.

Tell me one project the FG has done in east excluding the airport at enugu That GEJ awarded.

Owerri onisha road. . Owerri Port Harcourt road, Port Harcourt enugu road, imo airport,

How many sea ports were built by fg in the West? One, amd since them they have built a number for them selfs

If Jigawa can build airport why cant Abia

Aba was given right to pull out from the national grid.. . No other place has such right.. Who's fighting to stop it??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by mrvitalis(m): 5:24am On Dec 24, 2016
kettle84:
By refusing to fix all federal roads and build new ones in the southeast as it is done in other regions.

I am aware enugu Port Harcourt Road is being worked on...

Owerri Port Harcourt road too

Owerri onisha too

Now tell me the road that is being built in the middle belt and how many

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by kettle84(m): 5:28am On Dec 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

I am aware enugu Port Harcourt Road is being worked on...

Owerri Port Harcourt road too

Owerri onisha too

Now tell me the road that is being built in the middle belt and how many
multiple roads are built in kogi state .

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by mrvitalis(m): 5:31am On Dec 24, 2016
kettle84:
multiple roads are built in kogi state .
Name them please
Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by mrvitalis(m): 5:34am On Dec 24, 2016
The Nigerian state has been very smart, reducing taxing so people will lose interest why they Loot

No region has been marginalised more than any other. . If any its not Niger Delta or south East am sure of this one

Igbos receive more allocation per square mile yet nothing to show for it

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by stev120(m): 6:05am On Dec 24, 2016
nigeria hav rejected d igbos since after the war..but d ibo man won't reject him self...far bak dier was a meeting dat the ibo won't patake in presidency 4 100yrs!...no wounder d ipob youth av prefer to die in d street b4 nigeria army dan live in dis wicked country...nigeria was biult on 3 million igbo blood(1967-1970)..d world was mute..if u dn't knw..nigeria hold d liberation of africa 4rm colonist..by tire dwn d igbo..u say u ar nt margnalizing d igbo ryt..?? holding nnamdi kanu an igbo son his magnalization 2o d igbos he is speaking d mind of d piple..u force d igbo man to import through lagos an finish him wit custome officers in d name of tax if u keep tribalism and luk at d igbo sitaution, ur eyes wil get wet only d igbo man dat pratice one nigeria by investing all over the country, after all ambode demolish them in lagos northern boys wil burn kano market dat is rejection..live those ipob youth they knw y dey need biafra, their is nodoubt both hausa, igbo& yoruba we ar forcing our self to b nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by caleboxylic: 6:26am On Dec 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

Owerri onisha road. . Owerri Port Harcourt road, Port Harcourt enugu road, imo airport,

How many sea ports were built by fg in the West? One, amd since them they have built a number for them selfs

If Jigawa can build airport why cant Abia

Aba was given right to pull out from the national grid.. . No other place has such right.. Who's fighting to stop it??

You are not sincère. FG built all the seaports in west. Even This lekki deep seaport is delayed bc FG failed to pay their 30%. Which imo to ph. Can u travel from owerri to PH considering ohaji /egbemaaxis That is bad? Which ph- enugu road? Gej awarded it to arab and setraco Just yesterday.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Only Work If Injustice Against Igbo Is Redressed –prof Anya by Okwyjesus(m): 6:27am On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

I think you should go and sit down. Are you the Christian Co ordinator in Ibadan to know everything. Abi Igbos case dey scratch your body.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Nigeria March Into Cameroon Like In Gambia....?? / IGP Orders Police To Kill Igbos At Sight, Many Dead Already / Please Support My Dad – Excited Tinubu’s Daughter Anxious To Visit Aso Rock Begs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.