Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN (10306 Views)

End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture (part 1) / End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of False Prophets / End-time Bible Teaching: 50 SIGNS Of RAPTURE/ END-TIME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
annyplenty:

I didnt say being holy. I said living a holy life.

So again, what does living a holy life mean?

Should Christian live a holy life? If yes, HOW?

Living a Holy life means being in Christ.

Yes, being a Christian (indeed) means having the Spirit of God in us. We are led by the Spirit to will and do according to God's purpose.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

Living a Holy life means being in Christ.

Yes, being a Christian (indeed) means having the Spirit of God in us. We are led by the Spirit to will and do according to God's purpose.

Now, let me ask you another question. Though, I have asked you before.

If a person confessed Christ as his saviour, will that person go to heaven no matter what he does after the confession?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by Shalom360: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Grace was given to help us walk in the fulfilment of the law...not to give us 'license' to be less careful about keep GOD'S instructions.
If you you are truly functioning in grace, you will so appreciate it that you will be very careful not to offend It by sinning.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
annyplenty:

If a person confessed Christ as his saviour, will that person go to heaven no matter what he does after the confession?

Lemme ask you this question too. Do you believe the gifts and calling of God are without repentance?

If YES

Do you believe that righteousness and the Holy Spirit are gifts?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
ayoku777:

Lemme ask you this question too. Do you believe the gifts and calling of God are without repentance?

If YES

Let him answer my question or you answer for him. we ll come back to your own later.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
annyplenty:

Let him answer my question or you answer for him. we ll come back to your own later.

That's exactly what I'm attempting to do with the question I'm asking you. 'Without repentance' means God will not change His mind and take back what He gave you as a gift -even if you didn't use it as intended.

And the Holy Spirit and righteousness are gifts. And while God wants you to use them unto profit in this age, that is not a condition for retaining them. They are gifts of grace, not provoked by works and can't be revoked by works.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
annyplenty:

Romans 10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I believe the scripture is clear on this,we can't add more conditions to what was written, can we?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe the scripture is clear on this,we can't add more conditions to what was written, can we?

Can you explain the scripture below. mathew 24:13

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by FelcoCom: 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
am sorry to interrupt
i ave bn readin d posts n i found sometin
does it mean dat after salvation...any sin u commit is insignificant before God n d person is nt held responsible?
cos people r just talkin abt grace
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
FelcoCom: am sorry to interrupt
i ave bn readin d posts n i found sometin
does it mean dat after salvation...any sin u commit is insignificant before God n d person is nt held responsible?
cos people r just talkin abt grace

that is what shdemidemi and ayoku777 are saying.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by FelcoCom: 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
mind u
GRACE also means GOD in d RACE of one's lyf
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by FelcoCom: 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
annyplenty:

that is what shdemidemi and ayoku777 are saying.
mayb its a mistake...
let d spirit of God interpret d word for u nd nt because u went to bible skul
let me ask u dis
wat do u want to say abt DEMA dat movd wit earthly tins
was his sin nt significant
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
FelcoCom:
mayb its a mistake...
let d spirit of God interpret d word for u nd nt because u went to bible skul
let me ask u dis
wat do u want to say abt DEMA dat movd wit earthly tins
was his sin nt significant

what is your own position? I dont seem to understand.

Are you also saying, like shdemidemi, that once you confessed Christ as your saviour, you dont need to bother about what you do again, you will make heaven?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
annyplenty:

Can you explain the scripture below. mathew 24:13

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I implore you to read the entire chapter, you will realise the entire event(tribulation) discussed in the chapter would not happen before rapture but post rapture. By then, the church would have left.
1 thess 4
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

If you compare how the church would go to the account in the gospel according to Matthew, you will realise the dichotomy.

As for the statement "13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." We can link this to the book of revelation where a few/remnant (144000) would be saved through their works. At this time, there will be no Holy Spirit to lead them, there will be no grace either.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by FelcoCom: 12:02am On Nov 14, 2013
grace dat u r talkin abt is just God's helpin hand to help u mayb wen u fal into ur vomit i.e sin cos d bible says anyone bn in christ a new creature...old tins ave passd away so u dat u knw d truth n stil go bak wen u realise n ask for forgiveness dats wen grace is put into action
dats y paul said where sins r many grace overbound dem
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 12:05am On Nov 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

I implore you to read the entire chapter, you will realise the entire event(tribulation) discussed in the chapter would not happen before rapture but post rapture. By then, the church would have left.

If you compare how the church would go to the account in the gospel according to Matthew, you will realise the dichotomy.

As for the statement "13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." We can link this to the book of revelation where a few/remnant (144000) would be saved through their works. At this time, there will be no Holy Spirit to lead them, there will be no grace either.

You are blatantly wrong my brother. the church would not have gone by this time. Jesus was just giving the signs of His coming at rapture to the the disciples. All the things He told them are happening right in our presence now and rapture had not happened. He mentioned earthquake, famine, wars, false prophets and PERSECUTIONS.

He now charged us not to be discouraged by those things that who endured to the end will be saved. If what we do do not matter, he would not have said such.

Brother, you must realise that no scripture stands alone. scripture must interprete scripture. if you read something in genesis and the explanation is not full yet, it might be in revelations that the scripture that will explain and balance it will be given.

1 Like

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by FelcoCom: 12:09am On Nov 14, 2013
annyplenty:

what is your own position? I dont seem to understand.

Are you also saying, like shdemidemi, that once you confessed Christ as your saviour, you dont need to bother about what you do again, you will make heaven?
nooooo...i donot suport dat
u seem nt to gt me ryt
i was talkn abt DEMA dat had salvatn before
so m tryin to say was his attitude nt recgonised if no
y did
paul say he left becauseof worldly tins
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2013
All I need you to show me- is the Holy Spirit working or leading any one in the book of Revelation like we see all over the epistles as promised by Christ.

Also, this chapter Mat. 24 had nothing to do with the Holy Spirit, it was strictly on works.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 1:39am On Nov 14, 2013
ayoku777:

If YES

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 1:39am On Nov 14, 2013
ayoku777:

If YES

You didn't answer my questions
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 1:51am On Nov 14, 2013
shdemidemi: All I need you to show me- is the Holy Spirit working or leading any one in the book of Revelation like we see all over the epistles as promised by Christ.

Also, this chapter Mat. 24 had nothing to do with the Holy Spirit, it was strictly on works.

the mount of olives sermon of mathew 24 is also repeated in mark 13 and luke 21. let us read mark 13:10-13

10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I have just quoted to you the words of Christ Himself to you. He mentioned that The Holy Spirit shall give them word contrary to what you said that Holy Spirit is not leading them. Also, after saying that the Holy Spirit will lead them by giving them utterance, He ended it by saying that He would endure to the end will be saved.

It will do you good to know that the book of revelations is a book prophecy of what to happen and not like the acts of apostles. Yet, it still revolves around the Holy Spirit. Jesus ended each of the warning He gave to the 7 churches with 'He who hat an ear, l[b]et him hear what The Spirit, sayeth to the church'[/b].

How then can you say Holy Spirit is not leading any one in the book of revelation? Have you forgotten that it was the Holy Spirit that made John to receive the revelations. He started by acknowledging that he was in the spirit. revelations 1:10. no one can receive any revelation except with the help of the Holy Spirit.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

revelations 19:10 also says that witness of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy. It is the Holy Spirit that made John to receive the prophecy.If John was not in the Spirit he would not see Jesus.

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

lastly, go and read revelations chapter 22 and see how the Holy Spirit was recorded the He would help the saint to look forward to seeing Jesus at rapture.revelations 22:17

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

bye bye.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 1:57am On Nov 14, 2013
ayoku777:

Even the Lord Jesus Christ was a gift to us. The father gave Him to as a free gift of salvation.

For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten son.

But this does not mean that the father will say he is no more giving us His son to save us.But does this equally mean all mankink will be saved automatically because the father had given us His son? No.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 1:59am On Nov 14, 2013
I love the way Charles Spurgeon puts it 'Noah and his family could stumble and fall many times in the ark, but they could never fall out of the ark, coz God himself was the one that shut them in' (Gen 7v16).

You can stumble and fall many times in Christ but you can't fall out of Christ, coz it was the Father that put you in Christ and SEALED you with the Holy Spirit of promised -Eph 1v13.

Sin definitely carries consequences and incurs losses, but the loss is never the loss of the Holy Spirit or the righteousness of Christ. Just as before you became a believer, you couldn't obey laws enough to revoke the imputed sin of the first Adam, so also, now that you're a believer, you can't disobey laws enough to revoke the imputed righteousness of the last Adam (Jesus).

When a christian sins, God rebukes him, if he continues God chastises him (takes his comfort) in varied measure and time, and if he continues, God will judge him (take him). But taking back his Holy Spirit, by which we are sealed in Christ, is something he has covenanted NEVER TO DO. Isaiah 59v21 -As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord. My Spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth .....from henceforth and for ever.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 2:02am On Nov 14, 2013
annyplenty:

Even the Lord Jesus Christ was a gift to us. The father gave Him to as a free gift of salvation.

For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten son.

But this does not mean that the father will say he is no more giving us His son to save us.But does this equally mean all mankink will be saved automatically because the father had given us His son? No.

If you reject Christ, that means you didn't accept the gift. This is not your question. Your question is if you ACCEPT Christ and receive the Holy Spirit. Will you lose Him to sin? Will God take Him back? The answer is NO NO NO. The Holy Spirit is not a reward.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 2:03am On Nov 14, 2013
If you confessed Christ and later go into adultery and die as an adulterer or fornicator or idolater, YOU WILL GO TO HELL REVELATIONS 21:8.

If you deny this, then count me out of this conversation.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 14, 2013
ayoku777:

The gifts are irrevocable, yet they can be corrupted and perveted like lucifer's due to perpetual sin.

Judas was among the twelve, a guy that even performed miracles,signs and wonders and even with a throne to judge the 12 tribes of israel, yet his throne was taken by another because he was a son of rebellion.

Psalm 68:18

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men;
yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 2:17am On Nov 14, 2013
Let me show you two scriptures

1John 5v16-17 -If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death; I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not unto death.

Then Romans 8v10 -And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is life because of rigtheousness.

I want you to see from these scriptures that, sin in the body of a believer does not nullify the righteousness in his spirit. There is only one sin unto spiritual death and eternal condemnation, and that is the sin of not believeing in Christ.

But if you disagree. Then you tell me which sins are not unto death.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 2:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Bidam: The gifts are irrevocable, yet they can be corrupted and perveted like lucifer's due to perpetual sin.

Judas was among the twelve, a guy that even performed miracles,signs and wonders and even with a throne to judge the 12 tribes of israel, yet his throne was taken by another because he was a son of rebellion.

Psalm 68:18

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men;
yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.

That is if you're talking about the gifts of the Spirit. I'm talking about THE GIFT of the Holy Spirit. How can you pervert Him if He is irrevocable? You can grieve Him, you can even quench His voice and witness, but you can't lose Him and the Father won't take Him. That's His promise. The Holy Spirit is irrevocable.

Unless you want to now say, you can have the Holy Spirit and still go to hell.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 14, 2013
ayoku777:

That is if you're talking about the gifts of the Spirit. I'm talking about THE GIFT of the Holy Spirit. How can you pervert Him if He is irrevocable? You can grieve Him, you can even quench His voice and witness, but you can't lose Him and the Father won't take Him. That's His promise. The Holy Spirit is irrevocable.

Unless you want to now say, you can have the Holy Spirit and still go to hell.
Have you read where david prayed "take not thy Holy Spirit from me"? And stop confusing issues here.All believers have gifts because of the Holy Spirit, without the Holy Spirit,there is no gifts in manifestation.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 2:51am On Nov 14, 2013
Bidam: Have you read where david prayed "take not thy Holy Spirit from me"? And stop confusing issues here.All believers have gifts because of the Holy Spirit, without the Holy Spirit,there is no gifts in manifestation.

Ofcourse, under the old covenant, you could lose the Spirit. Samson did, Saul did, and David prayed not to. But thats not possible under the new covenant -after God made not taking his Spirit from us a covenant promise. Then Jesus also promised that the Holy Spirit will abide with us for ever.

And the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable. And the Holy Spirit and the righteousness of Christ are gifts.

1 Like

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 14, 2013
ayoku777:

Ofcourse, under the old covenant, you could lose the Spirit. Samson did, Saul did, and David prayed not to. But thats not possible under the new covenant -after God made not taking his Spirit from us a covenant promise. Then Jesus also promised that the Holy Spirit will abide with us for ever.
Old or New, God has not changed, His standards remain the same.

And the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable. And the Holy Spirit and the righteousness of Christ are gifts.
And i still maintain,gifts can be corrupted and perverted and His presence replaced by familiar spirits due to constant sinning. Demas,false prophets etc.. are perfect examples of new testament believers who started with God and along the line veered off the path of righteousness.

The Holy Spirit is called HOLY. He dwells in a sanctified and Holy vessel, not a corrupt, defiled one.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by ayoku777(m): 3:22am On Nov 14, 2013
And one thing we need to understand is that not losing the Holy Spirit and the righteousness of Christ is Christ being faithful to his own promise. And his faithfulness doesnt change even when ours waver, coz he cant deny himself -get angry and do what he promised he wont do.

When you get this, you will not focus on not losing the Spirit but on being led of him unto perfection and glorification.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Is Good, He Has Done Me Well, / Why God Didn't Help Leah Sharibu! / Grace : The Power Of The Gospel - Andrew Wommack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.