Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347322 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Emphasis(m): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2013
Sirmee: nice pictures and nice development. if I believe all d pictures, I no believe d stadium picture... wait it seems I saw somtin like Goodluck Jonathan flyover........ pure rawbish

The stadium picture is a proposed model of the stadium. The stadium is still under construction.
As for the fly over, it was named Goodluck Jonathan flyover, location: Itam
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 14, 2013
there is 247 power supply in my town.bonny island in rivers state.make ur findins
tunde300us: I hear people say akpabio built the airport and bla bla bla.That airport was 70% completed when akpabio took govt and for ur info there is no 24/7 power in any state of Nigeria,even aso rock no get am.
U see roads and no cars on them and you are comparing it with lagos,if the amount of vehicles that pass through oshodi alone passes through those roads am telling you in 6 months you will be cursing this same akpabio.
As much as i concede to the fact that uyo is taking shape, i think the comparism to other states like lagos,cross rivers etc is not needed because the comparism is just not there.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by nijanigga: 12:23am On Apr 14, 2013
Based on the comments I read so far, you see why Nigerians are taken for a ride.Nobody ever ask the question how long can you sustain these fake publicity,what's the purchasing power of average Nigerian,can we have pics of some villages say 50Km from Uyo ? A house built on sand will be washed away . Some dimwits will start praising akpabio. Arrant nonsense,with the level of corruption in Nigeria and "mumu" followers Nigeria will never be great.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by nijanigga: 12:24am On Apr 14, 2013
Roads with okadas more than cars, I dey laugh oh.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Agukagu(m): 12:25am On Apr 14, 2013
Danhumprey: I am an indigene of Akwa ibom state,and after reading all the comments on dis thread,i cannot but laugh at some people's sentimental,biased and ignorant views. I don't want to sound unpatriotic to my State,but truth must be told. Most of those places you see in the pics,they are mostly situated in Uyo and it's environs. Some are in few of the major local govt headquaters like Ikot abasi,Ikot ekpene,Eket,Abak,etc. The rest of the local govts have little or nothing to show the govt's developmental interventions in them. Even in Uyo,for those of you who are saying that there is 24/7 supply of electricity,u may be wrong. There are places there that don't even experience 1hour of electricity not to talk of 24hrs. So before you comment,get your facts correct! Don't depend on hear-say. You can't guage the infrastructural development of a state through the lens of the development in the capital city alone! Though,i conceed that Akpabio is trying,he seems to be too much over-praised.

Your state is gradually being developed to a world class metropolitan. Rome was not built in a day. The quality of the construction works in Akwa Ibom State is highly commendable.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 14, 2013
Wow...quite beautiful i must confess.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by mojounited(m): 12:28am On Apr 14, 2013
Sirmee: nice pictures and nice development. if I believe all d pictures, I no believe d stadium picture... wait it seems I saw somtin like Goodluck Jonathan flyover........ pure rawbish

Ibom Stadium - 30,000 capacity and Ibom Airport MRO facility U/C

U/C simply means "Under Construction", unless you didn't bother to read...
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Emphasis(m): 12:36am On Apr 14, 2013
nijanigga: A house built on sand will be washed away . Some dimwits will start praising akpabio. Arrant nonsense,with the level of corruption in Nigeria and "mumu" followers Nigeria will never be great.

Hi, Even in Abuja, there are houses built of sand. Corruption is not only peculiar to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 14, 2013
These are some beautiful pics!

@Hezron: The LASG is planning to sandfill at least, 4 more Eko Atlantic City-like Islands. Eko Atlantic is just a starting point.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 12:38am On Apr 14, 2013
AKSG to renovate Army barracks at Ibagwa, Abak.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/9519-a-ibom-govt-approves-n289m-for-renovation-of-army-barracks

OYA HATERS ITS TIME TO FALL DOWN AND DIE! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 12:43am On Apr 14, 2013
BabaTony: AKSG to renovate Army barracks at Ibagwa, Abak.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/9519-a-ibom-govt-approves-n289m-for-renovation-of-army-barracks

Why not renovate police barracks sef? Na today, recklessness, mismanagement and lack of prudence start with him?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 12:46am On Apr 14, 2013
Eko Ile:

Why not renovate police barracks sef? Na today, recklessness, mismanagement and lack of prudence start with him?

NUMBER ONE VICTIM EKO ILE cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Bros you don travel see Nigeria? You don go Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Rivers? Hmmm... stop watching NTA... my simples advice wink
Stop abusing the Language you know nothing about how it was created!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 14, 2013
nijanigga: Based on the comments I read so far, you see why Nigerians are taken for a ride.Nobody ever ask the question how long can you sustain these fake publicity,what's the purchasing power of average Nigerian,can we have pics of some villages say 50Km from Uyo ? A house built on sand will be washed away . Some dimwits will start praising akpabio. Arrant nonsense,with the level of corruption in Nigeria and "mumu" followers Nigeria will never be great.
As much as I hate praising politicians because I believe it's their duty to do all this things, I see no reason why you should say "Nigeria will never be great" Indirectly you're referring to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by lazinc(m): 12:58am On Apr 14, 2013
mmmustapha: Dis city is a village compare with port hercourt or kaduna

Compare with Port Harcourt? Port Harcourt is one of the worst cities in terms of development, no good roads, no electricity and no solid infrastructures.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by nijanigga: 1:00am On Apr 14, 2013
Emphasis:

Hi, Even in Abuja, there are houses built of sand. Corruption is not only peculiar to Nigeria.
Look at this quintessential quisling.How much are you paid? What's the corruption index of Nigeria .Akpabio an open robber,lucky they are that Idiagbon will not over throw them,some of the present day politicians would have rot in jail.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 1:02am On Apr 14, 2013
Emphasis:

You smell like an Anti-Akpabio, Keep your pull-down-syndrome. You kind can never see good in Him.

Am not anti Akpabio , I just get worried about black people and the way we abuse ourselves. If we keep on having 50 - 50 mentality , there is no hope. much can be done in our society than what we are saying here. I have worked and traveled much and I see what little money can do.
Botswana, sudan ,and many more countries are really trying in their infrastructures and I expect us in Nigeria to lead the way in africa.!!thats all!!!.I dont have business with politics in Nigeria please but I just pray we should wisen up

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by nijanigga: 1:04am On Apr 14, 2013
adeaugustus:
As much as I hate praising politicians because I believe it's their duty to do all this things, I see no reason why you should say "Nigeria will never be great" Indirectly you're referring to yourself.
Because people like you will never challenge politicians in authority.We've been told since 1960 that Nigeria will be great,we're in 2013 and Nigeria is going down the dustbin of rubbish.Not when you sell your birthright for a morsel of porridge.Nigerians have lost it.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by musiwa23: 1:05am On Apr 14, 2013
uyo city is base on scam run by ngozi iweala ministry on oil allocation in nigeria.. there are not 70 oil platform in akwa ibom state as claim by the Supreme court of Nigeria..

Akwa ibom state govt went to court with false information claiming it had 70 oil platform. there is no 70 oil platform in akwa ibom state.. there are less than 15 platform.. and even some of them are in cross river state and not akwa ibom state..

so akwa ibom state govt is running a scam on the rest of the nation of Nigeria. that is not fair on majority of Nigeria.. or on cross river state..

What the supreme court need to do is review the case.. And the supreme court fail to visit the place to comfirm if there is 70 oil platform. And the supreme court of Nigeria fall for a scam by the akwa ibom state govt. And I dont even think, if the akwa ibom governor have ever seen 70 Oil platform.. .

This is it.. the Akwa ibom state govt should take the pictures of the 70 oil platform and show it to the whole of Nigeria.. it does not exist.. It was a scam on nairaland which went to the supreme court. because the owners of nairaland are runnning scam.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 1:10am On Apr 14, 2013
nijanigga: Based on the comments I read so far, you see why Nigerians are taken for a ride.Nobody ever ask the question how long can you sustain these fake publicity,what's the purchasing power of average Nigerian,can we have pics of some villages say 50Km from Uyo ? A house built on sand will be washed away . Some dimwits will start praising akpabio. Arrant nonsense,with the level of corruption in Nigeria and "mumu" followers Nigeria will never be great.

you are right, Nigeria can not go anywhere. At todays age , we have someone like 'Oga at top' being a commisioner in Lagos, I bet he is even wiser than some police commissioners in Nigeria.Look at the new railway that we just lunched in Nigeria,damn. as far as I am concern , Nigeria is in a a reverse.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by herobest: 1:15am On Apr 14, 2013
I AM COMING UP TO SHOW U PICTURE OF ENUGU STATE,IF YOU EVER THING AKWAIBOM IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL STATE IN SOUTH-EAST
Itoroetti :

My friend,the is no state in the SE that I haven't been to apart from ebonyi.where in enugu is as beautiful as uyo?u even mention anambra.what's d difference between anambra and abia?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by lazinc(m): 1:17am On Apr 14, 2013
musiwa23: uyo city is base on scam run by ngozi iweala ministry on oil allocation in nigeria.. there are not 70 oil platform in akwa ibom state as claim by the Supreme court of Nigeria..

Akwa ibom state govt went to court with false information claiming it had 70 oil platform. there is no 70 oil platform in akwa ibom state.. there are less than 15 platform.. and even some of them are in cross river state and not akwa ibom state..

so akwa ibom state govt is running a scam on the rest of the nation of Nigeria. that is not fair on majority of Nigeria.. or on cross river state..

What the supreme court need to do is review the case.. And the supreme court fail to visit the place to comfirm if there is 70 oil platform. And the supreme court of Nigeria fall for a scam by the akwa ibom state govt. And I dont even think, if the akwa ibom governor have ever seen 70 Oil platform.. .

This is it.. the Akwa ibom state govt should take the pictures of the 70 oil platform and show it to the whole of Nigeria.. it does not exist.. It was a scam on nairaland which went to the supreme court. because the owners of nairaland are runnning scam.

I'm tempted to say that you're a complete illiterate. Go and get your facts right. Besides those wells you mentioned, most of the major deep offshores fields like USAN project operated by Total and the rest are located off the coast of Akwa Ibom state. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 14, 2013
nijanigga:
Because people like you will never challenge politicians in authority. We've been told since 1960 that Nigeria will be great,we're in 2013 and Nigeria is going down the dustbin of rubbish.Not when you sell your birthright for a morsel of porridge.Nigerians have lost it.

You're wrong sir! Because nothing in my comment ascertain your opinion about people like me. If you really want to challenge authorities, you wouldn't waste time on NL. You would rather get to work by contesting for something.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by scribble: 1:19am On Apr 14, 2013
Goddex: Most of these Asiwaju Criminals of Nigeria boys don't travel out of South West.

Omo-tier, for ur information, village roads in Akwa Ibom are also built by Julius Berger in the same quality as you see in those pix.

all you have even in Uyo is nice roads and flyovers. then you have nice soups and drinking joints all over the place.

Ibom Tropicana is a scam. Ben Bruce knows it, Akpabio knows it, observers know it and good sons and daughters of Akwa Ibom knows it.

Godswill and his commissioners are stealing money through road contracts in the state and thats why there are som many road projects going on courtesy Gitto and Julius Berger.

Yeah I know Fashola also does the same scam, but at least Lagos roads lead to actual places where things are happening, business and pleasure.

Your roads lead primarily to dingy drinking joints and village-esque areas. Its only peaceful when politics is not being played and thats why they shed so much blood in AI during elections because they know the amount available to be stolen.

What you're calling development is

1. pictures of flyovers that lead primarily to nowhere.

2. plenty pictures of Le MEridien

3. E Library which is a known scam

4. Ibom Tropicana which is also a known scam

5. Keke Napep

Please don't put nonsense here and call it development again. Do you know how much Akpabio and Umana Umana are stealing?

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 14, 2013
EPOMA:

you are right, Nigeria can not go anywhere. At todays age , we have someone like 'Oga at top' being a commisioner in Lagos, I bet he is even wiser than some police commissioners in Nigeria.Look at the new railway that we just lunched in Nigeria,damn. as far as I am concern , Nigeria is in a a reverse.
.... And you're wrong! Both of you! Am not being super optimistic here, but trust me, something good will come out of this country, when the generations of people like you are gone!!!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 14, 2013
scribble:

u guys are clowns, Do you know how much Akpabio and Umana Umana are stealing?
You can actually express your view without the bolded part.

Do you know how much Fashola, Aregbesola, Jonathan, Ajimobi are stealing?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by scribble: 1:42am On Apr 14, 2013
adeaugustus:
You can actually express your view without the bolded part.

Do you know how much Fashola, Aregbesola, Jonathan, Ajimobi are stealing?

This is a Fashola vs Akpabio issue I am tackling here buddy.

I know Fashola steals, even know the conduits like most eye-opening Lagosians.

The thing is Fashola WILL NOT have a love-vendor organisze HIV tests for undergrad girls when he wants to blow the same way Akpabio does. And then dole out several billions of Naira on the harem alone.

Fashola may steal but he does so prudently and responsibly.

Akpabio steals as if there is no God in heaven, only Godswill! #FACT
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by lazinc(m): 1:46am On Apr 14, 2013
scribble:

u guys are clowns, all you have even in Uyo is nice roads and flyovers. then you have nice soups and drinking joints all over the place.

Ibom Tropicana is a scam. Ben Bruce knows it, Akpabio knows it, observers know it and good sons and daughters of Akwa Ibom knows it.

Godswill and his commissioners are stealing money through road contracts in the state and thats why there are som many road projects going on courtesy Gitto and Julius Berger.

Yeah I know Fashola also does the same scam, but at least Lagos roads lead to actual places where things are happening, business and pleasure.

Your roads lead primarily to dingy drinking joints and village-esque areas. Its only peaceful when politics is not being played and thats why they shed so much blood in AI during elections because they know the amount available to be stolen.

What you're calling development is

1. pictures of flyovers that lead primarily to nowhere.

2. plenty pictures of Le MEridien

3. E Library which is a known scam

4. Ibom Tropicana which is also a known scam

5. Keke Napep

Please don't put nonsense here and call it development again. Do you know how much Akpabio and Umana Umana are stealing?

Ode, olodo! I presume you don't know what you're talking about. Have you gone through the section of the eastwest road that links Rivers and Akwa Ibom state lately? That road is been constructed by Akwa Ibom state govt.the E-library and the Ibom Tropicana you mentioned are real, I have been there and I must tell you they are world class.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 14, 2013
The buildings in the town are very ugly. Most of them need to be knocked down. I think I like the Meridien Hotel and the scenic views of the topography. It is kinda forested, the steeply plain and riverine place to go for hiking and fishing.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 2:13am On Apr 14, 2013
Agukagu:

Your state is gradually being developed to a world class metropolitan. Rome was not built in a day. The quality of the construction works in Akwa Ibom State is highly commendable.

world, I would expect to see good road signs, proper pedestrian area with accessibility for disable and people pushing prams. I wont say much
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by dabrake(m): 2:13am On Apr 14, 2013
djustice:

Just like the man said, make an effort to get off your fat azz and go there to see for yourself. Development is evenly distributed, unlike Lagos where it's just some parts of Suru-Lere, some parts of the Island and some parts of Ikeja that come anywhere near what we see throughout Akwa Ibom..

Guess what, when they wanted to invest in power, they built a massive 191mw turbine, and now they have 24 hours light in Uyo, unlike the 10mw rubbish on Marina and at Iju that Tinubu's houseboy, Fash-ole is claiming through PPP.

Stop bellyaching and appreciate what is good when you see it. Mumu.
bros, shey na the same Uyo I don live for 9years? Well no need comparing Fash to Akpabio. I grew up in Lag till I relocated to Uyo in 2004, came back to Lag last year unto IT things and believe me, Fashola is god to Akpabio. Akpabio will bow before Fash. I rest my case(btw, I'm from Akwa Ibom)

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 2:18am On Apr 14, 2013
BabaTony: AKSG to renovate Army barracks at Ibagwa, Abak.

This is the stupidity rampant in our society, Army has thier budget to take care of that, what business has Godswill to do with this other than bribing the army indirectly and you are here feeling good. That money should have been used to built house for the poor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.