Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347231 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 2:21am On Apr 14, 2013
laz_inc:

Ode, olodo! I presume you don't know what you're talking about. Have you gone through the section of the eastwest road that links Rivers and Akwa Ibom state lately? That road is been constructed by Akwa Ibom state govt.the E-library and the Ibom Tropicana you mentioned are real, I have been there and I must tell you they are world class.
and you entered the e-library
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by hollypagan: 2:21am On Apr 14, 2013
even my village upper iweka is more beautiful
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by SOJ111(m): 2:36am On Apr 14, 2013
This should be the benchmark for all oil producing state ie the likes of Bayelsa, Rivers & Delta states. They have similar resources with mid level population vis-a-viz other states. No one should compare Akwa Ibom with any other state in Nigeria. Their resources, demography and land mass can't compare to any other state
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by WarriPikin1: 2:57am On Apr 14, 2013
Eko Ile:

Story. This is about akwa and not lagos and if you feel like dragging lagos into it, I'll deal with you just with Fasholas work alone without anything before him.

Shebi apabio and fashola enter office at the same time? Do you feel like listing their work side by side. ? try me if you can because rant and talk is cheap.

Yes o ! Talk is cheap!
Please list Fashola's achievements and compare them side by side to the transformation miracle Godswill Akpabio has worked in Akwa Ibom. Akpabio's achievements will not only dwarf Fashola's, but will make Fashola look like a criminal.

Remember Obong Victor Attah did next to nothing to uplift Uyo from a roundly rural city. But Tinubu started the re-incarnation of Lagos,which Fashola merely continued until date. Needless to say lagos was a former federal capital with numerous federal roads still being maintained by federal funds and Federal Government. While Akwa Ibom has almost zero federal roads,not to mention fly-overs, yet Godswill managed to build fly-overs,ten lane highways and broad boulevards in his capital city! All within less than 6 years. Go to Uyo and see for yourself how a truly modern city rose out of the mud earth almost overnight!

Akpabio has built a functional international airport and currently building a NEW terminal building which shall be the biggest and most technologically current in Africa,while Fashola's Lekki airport is still a mirage. Akpabio has built 5 star hotels with world class golf courses and building more,International standard aircraft maintenance hangers, thousands of housing estates all over Akwa-Ibom, International standard stadium that can host a FIFA world cup(Advanced Replica of Durban SA 2010 Fifa Worldcup stadium), and a deep sea port etc! Tell me how Fashola can beat all that with merely a mono-train line which is still dysfunctional for 6 years?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by hardniola(m): 2:57am On Apr 14, 2013
who ever bring lagos into this tread is dummy......((((()))))
thread stated uyo-cite not akwa-ibom,oil producin state for that matter.can d op post pix from other local gov apart 4rm capital UYO.what d population of uyo dat u pipo kip arguin over........take one local gov in lagos is populated than **UYO join four local government in lagos is more than d whole akwa-ibom......lagos construct more road than any state in naija
the problem of naija apart from lagos being former capital.........all state in naija vocal mainly on d state capital leave the remain place rural.......
Who no the population of uyo compare to IKEJa
if lagos is among iol producin
ikeja we be looking lot more beautiful than what u are seeing in UYO.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Anybaba: 3:05am On Apr 14, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Yes o ! Talk is cheap!
Please list Fashola's achievements and compare them side by side to the transformation miracle Godswill Akpabio has worked in Akwa Ibom. Akpabio's achievements will not only dwarf Fashola's, but will make Fashola look like a criminal.

Remember Obong Victor Attah did next to nothing to uplift Uyo from a roundly rural city. But Tinubu started the re-incarnation of Lagos,which Fashola merely continued until date. Needless to say lagos was a former federal capital with numerous federal roads still being maintained by federal funds and Federal Government. While Akwa Ibom has almost zero federal roads,not to mention fly-overs, yet Godswill managed to build fly-over,ten lane highways and broad boulevards in his capital city! All within less than 6 years.

Akpabio has built a functional international airport,while Fashola's Lekki airport is still a mirage. Akpabio has built 5 star hotel,International standard aircraft maintenance hangers, thousands of housing estates all over Akwa-Ibom and a deep sea port etc! Tell me how Fashola can beat that with a mono-train line which is still dysfunctional for 6 years?

A bulk of the roads in Uyo were done by Victor Attah. Uyo was not a village when Godswill came into power. It had very good road network as at 2007. The Ibom Le Meridien Hotel and Golf resort was built and completed by Victor Attah. I went to the commissioning of that Golf course as far back as 2006 ! The MRO facility at Ibom Airport has not been completed. And where is the 10 lane highway done by Akpabio? Where are the thousands of housing estates? He promised 10000 housing units a long time ago and can only manage 2000 housing units as at today. Where is the deep sea port? I bet on paper !

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by WarriPikin1: 3:09am On Apr 14, 2013
Anybaba:

A bulk of the roads in Uyo were done by Victor Attah. Uyo was not a village when Godswill came into power. It had very good road network as at 2007. The Ibom Le Meridien Hotel and Golf resort was built and completed by Victor Attah. I went to the commissioning of that Golf course as far back as 2006 ! The MRO facility at Ibom Airport has not been completed. And where is the 10 lane highway done by Akpabio?

O'lboy, I went to University of Uyo. So i know what iam talking about.I am not even from Akwa-Ibom,but give honor to whom it is due!
Nobody said Uyo never had a tarred road,until 6 years ago. Attah did roads like typical Nigerian governors just tarring the tiny lane in front of people's houses with no drainage. Which made Uyo,perpetually a flooded city.

Akpabio did roads like they do in Abuja or Germany. The roads are complete with sidewalk,underground drainage systems,street lights and road signs. Not the usual Nigerian governors standard of doing very shoddy work, then shamelessly showing the pictures on every newspaper,TV and TV, shouting "my state is working!".Driving round Uyo today feels exactly like driving around Abuja. That is why Uyo looks so much modern today, and that is why the man with such a bold dream who made it all happen, should be commended by all.

5 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 3:10am On Apr 14, 2013
EPOMA:
and you entered the e-library

The E-Library, Uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 3:11am On Apr 14, 2013

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 3:12am On Apr 14, 2013

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 3:13am On Apr 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Anybaba: 3:18am On Apr 14, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

O'lboy, I went to University of Uyo. So i know what iam talking about.
Nobody said Uyo never had a tarred road,until 6 years ago. Attah did roads like typical Nigerian governors just tarring the tiny lane in front of people's houses with no drainage. Which made Uyo,perpetually a flooded city.

Akpabio did roads like they do in Abuja or Germany. The roads are complete with sidewalk,underground drainage systems,street lights and road signs. Not the usual Nigerian standard of doing shoddy work. That is why Uyo looks so much modern today.

I am an indigene who knows the in and out of the state. What do you mean by 10 lane highway? Where is that? Where are the thousands of housing estates? Where there no street lights in Uyo prior to Akpabio? Listen, the roads Akpabio has done in Uyo are the Clabar Itu road that ends in Ekom-Iman Junction with 2 fly-overs at Itam junction (in his first term); a 6-lane high-way linking Calabar-Itu road to Aka road with 2 fly-overs (this is still under construction today)and Aka road down to Nung Udoe (completed last year). These are the roads he has done in Uyo. So do you mean to tell me it is these few roads that has so changed Uyo? Uyo was not rural at all in 2007. Put Akpabios achievements side-by-side with the enhanced revenue of Akwa-Ibom state and you will definitely be critical of his performance. You ask me, I will score him E, that between 40-45 %.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Anybaba: 3:26am On Apr 14, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

O'lboy, I went to University of Uyo. So i know what iam talking about.

Akpabio did roads like they do in Abuja or Germany. The roads are complete with sidewalk,underground drainage systems,street lights and road signs. Not the usual Nigerian standard of doing shoddy work. That is why Uyo looks so much modern today.

Victor Attah did solid roads. Abak road dualisation is a typical example. I am not holding brief for Attah though, as he was still corrupt. Is Uyo not still a flooded city today? Have you ever been on Udo-Umanah, Babangida Avenue (immediately after the e-library), Nsikak Udueok Avenue and a lot of other streets after it rains? You need to go there and see first hand what flooding is. So where is the underground drainage you are talking about? That he has spent billions to build the so called pipe jacking underground drainage on Ikot-Ekpene road has not in anyway stopped the flooding in the city. One would actually ask why spend billions and not solve a problem?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 3:26am On Apr 14, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Yes o ! Talk is cheap!

Remember Obong Victor Attah did next to nothing to uplift Uyo from a roundly rural city. But Tinubu started the re-incarnation of Lagos,which Fashola merely continued until date. Needless to say lagos was a former federal capital with numerous federal roads still being maintained by federal funds and Federal Government. While Akwa Ibom has almost zero federal roads,not to mention fly-overs, yet Godswill managed to build fly-overs,ten lane highways and broad boulevards in his capital city! All within less than 6 years. Go to Uyo and see for yourself how a truly modern city rose out of the mud earth almost overnight!

Akpabio has built a functional international airport and currently building a NEW terminal building which shall be the biggest and most technologically current in Africa,while Fashola's Lekki airport is still a mirage. Akpabio has built 5 star hotels with world class golf courses and building more,International standard aircraft maintenance hangers, thousands of housing estates all over Akwa-Ibom, International standard stadium that can host a FIFA world cup(Advanced Replica of Durban SA 2010 Fifa Worldcup stadium), and a deep sea port etc! Tell me how Fashola can beat all that with merely a mono-train line which is still dysfunctional for 6 years?

Stay away from drugs and quit insulting my intelligence..
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by WarriPikin1: 3:30am On Apr 14, 2013
Eko Ile:

Stay away from drugs and quit insulting my intelligence..

If you had any intelligence at all,even as much as a fowl, you won't bring Lagos into this.Nor try to compare Fasola to Akpabio !
So don't talk about intelligence,because you have none!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by musiwa23: 3:35am On Apr 14, 2013
not serrious.. here is the correct oil platform

Akwa ibom have been collecting money.. they should not be collecting..

You can see that there is only less than 15 platform in akwa ibom.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 3:37am On Apr 14, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

If you had any intelligence at all,even as much as a fowl, you won't bring Lagos into this.Nor try to compare Fasola to Akpabio !
So don't talk about intelligence,because you have none!

Btw, where are the ten lane freeways? Where are they? Where are the housing estates? I bet inside your room and parlor..

Take my advice and stay way from drugs
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by WarriPikin1: 3:44am On Apr 14, 2013
Eko Ile:

Btw, where are the ten lane freeways? Where are they? Where are the housing estates? I bet inside your room and parlor..

Take my advice and stay way from drugs

Na bad belle go kill una !

GOD BLESS GODSWILL AKPABIO, the great transformer of our time !

Even Ghana's President John Dramani Mahama said the same words less than a week ago!
.......na only yoruba boys in nairaland no fit acknowledge such naked truth !

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EstherOkonkwo(f): 4:01am On Apr 14, 2013
Not just Uyo but the whole of Akwa Ibom is enjoying the good of Democracy,all thanks to the Digital governor.Akwa Ibom Ayayaa!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 14, 2013
Esther Okonkwo :
Not just Uyo but the whole of Akwa Ibom is enjoying the good of Democracy,all thanks to the Digital governor.Akwa Ibom Ayayaa!

I see that u are in Akwa Ibom, so I'll take your word!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 4:17am On Apr 14, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Na bad belle go kill una !

GOD BLESS GODSWILL AKPABIO, the great transformer of our time !

Even Ghana's President John Dramani Mahama said the same words less than a week ago!
.......na only yoruba boys in nairaland no fit acknowledge such naked truth !

You are a con man just like apabio..

Take my advice and stay way from drugs..
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 4:18am On Apr 14, 2013
CFCfan:

I see that u are in Akwa Ibom, so[b] I'll take your word![/b]

Sounds very gullible....
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Successfigure: 4:26am On Apr 14, 2013
Only Heaven is the city of peace and beauty!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by sunky644(m): 5:03am On Apr 14, 2013
djustice: I'm waiting for the Asiwaju Criminal Notebooks to come and piss all over this thread. I am an indigene of Lagos State, and when I visited Uyo in 2010, I was stunned by the rate of development. I've hated Fashola, Tinubu and the whole ACN nonsense since then.

Consider that the total revenue for this state has never been up to half of total revenue in Lagos. Also consider that they have about twice the land mass of Lagos State to develop, and yet they have more roads per square km, a fully functional airport, complete with hangar.

In Lagos, we're still talking about how we will "soon" start building an airport, 13 years after the idea was first broached by Tinubu.

I also noticed that there is no single toll road in Uyo. Not one! And all the roads are better than our single toll road in Lagos.
If you complaining of Fashola in Lagos state, what then will you say of Broda Segun in Ondo state deceiving us with his petty caring heart Programs. How I wish he could see this and compare with the two roundabouts and one fountain he did in Ondo state and yet proclaiming about that he has turned Ondo state to small London. Thunder fire all the looters in this country deceiving the masses...
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Ikengawo: 5:17am On Apr 14, 2013
LOL yoruba people are genetically prone to extreme bouts of jealously.

So little Uyo is even paining you? All the way from all of the fake Lagos development threads to start attacking Uyo? mind you there's not a single yoruba that has ever stepped out of the SW on this thread. the SW is one of the least developed parts of Nigeria if not for the NW. Lagos was built by the collective efforts of all nigerians and the british, but what is to be said about Ibadan, Owo, Ife, Ogbomoshso or whatever. Nothing

Leave Uyo alone, there's nothing of this standard in the entire SW. There's nothing of this standard built by the yoruba. Leave your corner in the wall and see the rest of Nigeria. Yola in the north has surpassed Ibadan and you're hear telling us about LAgos. Abeokuta nko?

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by kalunomics(m): 5:27am On Apr 14, 2013
Desola: veery few cars, very few people plying the roads. If this city is so beautiful and serene why hasn't these ibo people move down there instead of messing up our almighty Lagos, ehn? All this mouth and they still refuse to leave lagos.

By the way, OP, i see you showing us one picture from four different angles and making it seem like they were different areas. na mumu you call us?

All in all sha, the city looks nice. oya, Nna people, move to your neighbour's city o
ahhh!! Even your women are like this?!!! SMDH!!!!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by yemmight(m): 5:29am On Apr 14, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Yes o ! Talk is cheap!

You keep compairing Akwa Ibom with Lagos. Please check what that state get from FG monthly compared to Lagos. Some of these pictutes are projects delivered by FG because its PDP State. For over 15yrs, we have not seen FG's presence in our Lagos as a result of politics. Fashola has done perfectly well in development but alliens like u won't see anything good here. With all these pictures and development u people posted, none of you can stay there. If Fashola is allowed to be Governor in that state, Dubai will come second.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 14, 2013
Aww I'm proud of my 'OIL RICH' state.. Akwa Ibom ado okay. *:-D* woohoo!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 14, 2013
MEILYN: 5/100

You're either BLIND or horribly jealous. You need to grow up!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 14, 2013
vivalavida: To all akwaibomites, when your governor builds a ten lane expressway with a high speed trainrail-line running over it,i will come back and comment

Whatever! Who needs your comment anyway? My dear go get yourself a job, its obvious unemployment is killing you thus your bitterness. Ishie!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by musiwa23: 5:50am On Apr 14, 2013
Akwa ibom governor went to supreme court to deceive them, are you not worry about that. That is a criminal matter that he can be charge for.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 14, 2013
musiwa23: uyo city is base on scam run by ngozi iweala ministry on oil allocation in nigeria.. there are not 70 oil platform in akwa ibom state as claim by the Supreme court of Nigeria..

Akwa ibom state govt went to court with false information claiming it had 70 oil platform. there is no 70 oil platform in akwa ibom state.. there are less than 15 platform.. and even some of them are in cross river state and not akwa ibom state..

so akwa ibom state govt is running a scam on the rest of the nation of Nigeria. that is not fair on majority of Nigeria.. or on cross river state..

What the supreme court need to do is review the case.. And the supreme court fail to visit the place to comfirm if there is 70 oil platform. And the supreme court of Nigeria fall for a scam by the akwa ibom state govt. And I dont even think, if the akwa ibom governor have ever seen 70 Oil platform.. .

This is it.. the Akwa ibom state govt should take the pictures of the 70 oil platform and show it to the whole of Nigeria.. it does not exist.. It was a scam on nairaland which went to the supreme court. because the owners of nairaland are runnning scam.

Have you finished? Wow your foolishness is amazing! * :-O* I'm amazed by such immense stupidity..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.