Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God (3667 Views)

The Promise Of Yahweh To Ishmael / 99 Names Of Allah And Their Benefits (good For Your Prayer) / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 12:20am On Apr 14, 2013
i wud like muslims to prove to me that Allah and Yahweh are the same God. i present to you a simple test
MY TEST OF PROOF
if Allah is the same almighty God as Yahweh, then it means that both words can be used interchangeably. ie Allah = Yahweh

For the next one week,(only one week). i would ask u to use the word Yahweh instead of Allah when u make ur speeches, writings and prayers. u would say Yahweh akbar instead of Allar Akbar. Ofcos u wud still be referring to the same God.
WHAT I HOPE TO FIND OUT:
if Allah = Yahweh or Elohim. then you will not find it difficult to use them interchangeably.
if you cant do this, then in yur subconsious mind both words are not same meaning that both Gods are not the same.

therefore no muslim should say Yahweh is the same as Allah. no muslim should say the prophet Jesus, Moses and the rest worshiped Allah by prostrating or facing their jewish temple in prayers to Yahweh.

#the ball is in your court
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by WHees(m): 3:44am On Apr 14, 2013
Yahweh Akbar grin
An igbo man would say his chineke is great. Whether your dialect refers to God as Ubangiji, Chineke or Yahweh, calling Him Great is an act of obeisance. Something the monotheist say.

Mac welcomes you to this thread: www.nairaland.com/1078354/what-god-called-arabic-translation
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 7:11am On Apr 14, 2013
@ wheels
the link u refered me to was asking what God is called in arabic translations of bible..

u clearly misuderstanding two concepts, d name of God and the word God. i asked in this thread
www.nairaland.com/1244143/question-muslims-name-god
wat Allahs personal name is and i got no answer even from Thaba but one other guy said NAMELESS.

but actually wats ur position on this question
*do yu think Yahweh and Allah are referring to same diety
*if answer is yes. then go on to test the proof in the op
*if no, u will be excused from d op.

#i asking the op from the background that i can say God be praised, Yahweh be praised, Ubangiji be praised, Chukwu be praised because they mean the same to me. but i canot say Sango be praised becos i no there is a diference. hope u get it.
in same way. u shud be able to do same.
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by WHees(m): 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2013
deSika: @ wheels the link u refered me to was asking what God is called in arabic translations of bible.. u clearly misuderstanding two concepts, d name of God and the word God. i asked in this thread www.nairaland.com/1244143/ question-muslims-name-god wat Allahs personal name is and i got no answer even from Thaba but one other guy said NAMELESS.

Ilah was used when translating Elohim & Allah was used while refering to Yahweh, Something your scholars prefer, maybe presenting your stand on this might likely convince them to correct this error. Arabs & Hebrews doesn't use g or G that is why the unique Ilah /elohim is called Allah/Yahweh.

deSika: but actually wats ur position on this question

Your folks say no Elohim but Yahweh, Muslims say there is no Ilah but Allah. Elohim & Ilah stands for god, the jews call the supreme God Yahweh while the muslims call him Allah. A non Muslim Arab & a Muslim Jew knows it is a name of their Ilah or Elohim. My position is, i think they are both right since they rely on the scripture. But if a gentile negro can object as you do i will just let him be.

deSika: *do yu think Yahweh and Allah are referring to same diety *if answer is yes. then go on to test the proof in the op *if no, u will be excused from d op.

The Quran teaches who Allah was in Surah Ikhlas & numerous ayas conveyed same theme regarding his uniqueness which some verses in your bible also agree with denoting his oneness. So i concur with your arabic scholars who agree to translate Yahweh as Allah not Ilah. A hebrew who embraces Islam would glorify his Rabb[surah A'ala: 1] in his dialect if he wishes, no problem with that.
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Ilah was used when translating Elohim & Allah was used while refering to Yahweh, Something your scholars prefer, maybe presenting your stand on this might likely convince them to correct this error. Arabs & Hebrews doesn't use g or G that is why the unique Ilah /elohim is called Allah/Yahweh.

Your folks say no Elohim but Yahweh, Muslims say there is no Ilah but Allah. Elohim & Ilah stands for god, the jews call the supreme God Yahweh while the muslims call him Allah. A non Muslim Arab & a Muslim Jew knows it is a name of their Ilah or Elohim. My position is, i think they are both right since they rely on the scripture. But if a gentile negro can object as you do i will just let him be.

The Quran teaches who Allah was in Surah Ikhlas & numerous ayas conveyed same theme regarding his uniqueness which some verses in your bible also agree with denoting his oneness. So i concur with your arabic scholars who agree to translate Yahweh as Allah not Ilah. A hebrew who embraces Islam would glorify his Rabb[surah A'ala: 1] in his dialect if he wishes, no problem with that.
bro, i must confess, ur response is one of the most intelligent responses i have ever gotten on this section.

so i get from ur response that u belive both are the same. ok now can yu go over to the proof of test.
wil u agree to use Yahweh in ur prayers, write ups, only for one week. (if u use Yahweh u wud not be refering to another God).
#its just to prove that deep inside u, u agree to wat u r saying.
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by LagosShia: 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
@Ayomivic

please stop regurgitating the same topics which you previously have opened threads on.i don't think people have the time to keep explaining the same thing over and over.and I don't really care whether you think "Yahweh" and Allah (swt) are the same God.if they are not the same then "Yahweh" is not Allah (swt),and to us Allah (swt) refers to the Unseen Almighty Creator of all,who is One and Unique without a son or partner,and without a beginning and an end.

this is the thread you previously started:

"Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah?"
https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by LagosShia: 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
deSika:
bro, i must confess, ur response is one of the most intelligent responses i have ever gotten on this section.

so i get from ur response that u belive both are the same. ok now can yu go over to the proof of test.
wil u agree to use Yahweh in ur prayers, write ups, only for one week. (if u use Yahweh u wud not be refering to another God).

we cannot use "Yahweh" at all because "Yahweh" is the speculative name used by Christians referring to God,and derived from the Tetragrammaton (YHWH).the Jehovah's witnesses have rendered the four letters (YHWH) into a different pronunciation in every language and attributed it as the correct form in referring to God.in Arabic Jehovah's witnesses call Him "yahwah".in Japanese,its "ehoba".in English its "Jehovah".so which is correct? which is the one Jesus (as) used? God has a name in every language based on the tetragrammaton for Jehovah's witnesses.we as muslims thank God that the name we use is clearly spelled out in the Quran as "Allah",from the same root word that Jesus (as) is recorded to have called God: Elah.

here is the confession of a Jehovah's witness after debate with him:

RWilliams: Hello Jowlzaar , Good question.
[size=14pt]The truth is we don’t know the true pronunciation,[/size]but Jehovah has for many years been the anglicized pronunciation of the divine name, as are Jesus, Joshua and countless other Hebrew names that no one raises a question about .
https://www.nairaland.com/4050/jehovahs-witnesses-only-true-religion/8#8744580

if Jesus (as) used the word "Elah",and the word have the same root as "Al-Lah",then why do you insist on using what is doubtful and you are not sure of? where did Jesus (as) pronounce God's name as "Jehovah" or "Yahweh"? in fact not once does the tetragrammaton appear in the New Testament.did God forget to include His name in the new testament? to this fact,when you go through the New World Translation of the Bible,which is the official version used by Jehovah's witnesses,you see that in the new testament they have replaced anywhere "lord" appears with "Jehovah".

so try and drop this your meaningless and boring topic.this is no sense and cannot help your situation either.it will only cause you more harm than good,and you'd surely end up envying the muslims.anywhere you go in the world,the muslims refer to God as "Allah".but Jehovah's witnesses alone have over a hundred word derived from the tetragrammaton to refer to God.
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by WHees(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2013
deSika:

Muslims use Allah while referring to God Almighty, a perfect word generally accepted by us, unlike the tetragrammaton that upto these days some xtians pronounce differently, when the Holy Quran addresses an account vividly i wont rebel to accept an ambiguous tale, just let the Hebrews hebrew their God my gentile friend.

deSika:

The likeness of your request is like that of an Igbo man who ask a non Igbo speaking Hausa to use Chineke instead of Ubangiji in the North.. Irrational, isnt it?
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2013
LagosShia: @Ayomivic

please stop regurgitating the same topics which you previously have opened threads on.i don't think people have the time to keep explaining the same thing over and over.and I don't really care whether you think "Yahweh" and Allah (swt) are the same God.if they are not the same then "Yahweh" is not Allah (swt),and to us Allah (swt) refers to the Unseen Almighty Creator of all,who is One and Unique without a son or partner,and without a beginning and an end.

this is the thread you previously started:

"Christians God (yaweh) ,is He The Same With Muslims Allah?"
https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same
guy u r so funny o, seriously u r funny. me ayomivic
anyway its gud to know that u think am ayomivic
Thaba thinks am truthman
am waiting for another person to tell me who they think i am .
¥u guys r funny

# anyway u just ran away from this thread. just like that
www.nairaland.com/1242521/muhammad-cannot-comforter
#u no wat, u just won yur sef the award of COPY~PASTER AWARD OF THE YEAR.
#on a serious note. did u read the op?its not about weda i think Yahweh is same as Allah.
its a call to u to
first state ur position on the issue: Is Allah same as Yahweh
then prove it if u say yes

#seriously i like to know ur opinion. thanks
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
LagosShia:

we cannot use "Yahweh" at all because "Yahweh" is the speculative name used by Christians referring to God,and derived from the Tetragrammaton (YHWH)
1. so yu are saying they are actually different dieties, right. 2. Yahweh is a jewish word
.the Jehovah's witnesses have rendered the four letters (YHWH) into a different pronunciation in every language and attributed it as the correct form in referring to God.in Arabic Jehovah's witnesses call Him "yahwah".in Japanese,its "ehoba".in English its "Jehovah".so which is correct? which is the one Jesus (as) used? God has a name in every language based on the tetragrammaton for Jehovah's witnesses.
am not a jehovah witness o. i no c wetin concern jehovah witness for this matter o. but out of curiosity let me throw in this. u dont expect all language to have same word for God, do u. dat explains d diference in Jehovah witness many names in diferent languages.
we as muslims thank God that the name we use is clearly spelled out in the Quran as "Allah",from the same root word that Jesus (as) is recorded to have called God: Elah.
good for you..Allah is an arabic word. u should have ur own native name for God in ur language.
most muslims think that Yahweh = Allah hence my op.
thanks for ur response

here is the confession of a Jehovah's witness after debate with him:

if Jesus (as) used the word "Elah",and the word have the same root as "Al-Lah",then why do you insist on using what is doubtful and you are not sure of? where did Jesus (as) pronounce God's name as "Jehovah" or "Yahweh"? in fact not once does the tetragrammaton appear in the New Testament.did God forget to include His name in the new testament? to this fact,when you go through the New World Translation of the Bible,which is the official version used by Jehovah's witnesses,you see that in the new testament they have replaced anywhere "lord" appears with "Jehovah".
bro am asking about the hebrew word Yahweh/YHWH and not the english derivattive Jehovah. pls read ops before u respond. thank u

so try and drop this your meaningless and boring topic.this is no sense and cannot help your situation either.it will only cause you more harm than good,and you'd surely end up envying the muslims.anywhere you go in the world,the muslims refer to God as "Allah".but Jehovah's witnesses alone have over a hundred word derived from the tetragrammaton to refer to God.
interesting
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by LagosShia: 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2013
^
I have made two posts in this thread already,and this is my third.and in this you should know i'm not running away and didn't run away from your "comforter" thread.these are old topics that have been discussed previously.they are now boring and a waste of time when discussed with someone who's arguing over nothing! i have convincingly to the best of my knowledge contributed in your threads.if you like what ive said,good.if you don't like my contributions,then suit yourself.those with sound minds will read and understand what ive already said.

Salam,Shalom,Peace!!!

PS: you can ask also if "shalom" and "salam" refers to the samething. wink cheesy
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2013
LagosShia: ^
I have made two posts in this thread already,and this is my third.and in this you should know i'm not running away and didn't run away from your "comforter" thread.these are old topics that have been discussed previously.they are now boring and a waste of time when discussed with someone who's arguing over nothing! i have convincingly to the best of my knowledge contributed in your threads.if you like what ive said,good.if you don't like my contributions,then suit yourself.those with sound minds will read and understand what ive already said.

Salam,Shalom,Peace!!!

PS: you can ask also if "shalom" and "salam" refers to the samething. wink cheesy
funi guy. u just helped to buttress my point
Salaam(arabic) is same as Shalom(hebrew) that explains why u can say both.
this is exactly wat am asking muslims to do
if Allah (arabic) is same as Yahweh(hebrew) u guys should be able to pronounce them alongside or interchangeably without stress
[a situation where u cant do this means that they are not the same]d proof is on u guys. just show it
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Muslims use Allah while referring to God Almighty, a perfect word generally accepted by us, unlike the tetragrammaton that upto these days some xtians pronounce differently, when the Holy Quran addresses an account vividly i wont rebel to accept an ambiguous tale, just let the Hebrews hebrew their God my gentile friend.

The likeness of your request is like that of an Igbo man who ask a non Igbo speaking Hausa to use Chineke instead of Ubangiji in the North.. Irrational, isnt it?
Allah is an arabic word. u r definitely not an arab or are u.
if u were an arab then asking u to call God in hebrew wud be tantamount to wat u say above. but as it is. arabic is a foreign language to u as is hebrew.
{if u as a nigerian (which am sure u are but corret me if am wrong) can refer to God in arabic then u can also do same in hebrew as both are foreign to u.
by d way let me remix ur statement for u.
The likeness of your request is like that of an [arab man] who ask [u a nigerian] speaking [nigerian language] to use [Allah] instead of ur [nigerian language] in [Nigeria].. Irrational, isnt it?
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by LagosShia: 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
deSika:
funi guy. u just helped to buttress my point
Salaam(arabic) is same as Shalom(hebrew) that explains why u can say both.
this is exactly wat am asking muslims to do
if Allah (arabic) is same as Yahweh(hebrew) u guys should be able to pronounce them alongside or interchangeably without stress
[a situation where u cant do this means that they are not the same]d proof is on u guys. just show it

you do not want to review the past topic assuming you are not "Ayomivic".here is what was presented in the other thread on "YHWH" :

LagosShia: What is His Name? His Name is ALLAH (EVEN IN THE BIBLE)!!!

See below for evidence:Allah appears in the Bible and the tetragrammaton from which the pressumed word "Jehovah" is formed also appears in the Quran.

http://www.institutealislam.com/what-is-his-name-by-sheikh-ahmed-deedat/

LagosShia: "Jehovah"/"Yahweh" is a pressumption from the tetgrammaton or "four letters" (YHWH) by injecting vowels.those four letters are not articulated.also,if you search deep you will know that the tetgrammaton (YHWH) is not a word but an adjective phrase refering/describing the uniqueness to/of the One Almighty God who is Unseen.YHWH refers to "He that is Present" or "Oh He (who is)" in literal arabic and hebrew.the tetragrammaton can also be found in the Holy Quran in several places by the phrase "Qul HoWaH Allahu" which means "Say He is Allahu"!

the prefix,"YA" is an exclamation in semitic languages meaning "Oh".if you add "Ya" to "HoWaH" it becomes "YaHoWaH" (YHWH).

"HoWaH"="He is"!

so YaHoWah = "Oh He (who is)".

what hapens is simply injecting vowels into the letters (YHWH) in order to make the letters pronounceable.

https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same#11481831
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2013
if Allah (arabic) is same as Yahweh(hebrew) u guys should be able to
pronounce them alongside or interchangeably without stress [a situation where u cant do this means that they are not the same]d
proof is on u guys. just prove it
f you cant do this, then in yur subconsious mind both words are not
same meaning that both Gods are not the same.
therefore no muslim should say Yahweh is the same as Allah. no
muslim should say the prophet Jesus, Moses and the rest worshiped
Allah by prostrating or facing their jewish temple in prayers to
Yahweh. #the ball is in your court
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
LagosShia:

"Jehovah"/"Yahweh" is a pressumption from the tetgrammaton or "four letters" (YHWH) by injecting vowels.those
four letters are not articulated.also,if you search deep you will
know that the tetgrammaton (YHWH) is not a word but an adjective phrase refering/describing the uniqueness to/of the One
Almighty God who is Unseen.YHWH refers to "He that is Present"
or "Oh He (who is)" in literal arabic and hebrew.the
tetragrammaton can also be found in the Holy Quran in several
places by the phrase "Qul HoWaH Allahu" which means "Say He is Allahu"!
the prefix, "YA" is an exclamation in semitic languages meaning "Oh".if you add "Ya" to "HoWaH" it becomes "YaHoWaH" (YHWH). "HoWaH"="He is"! so YaHoWah = "Oh He (who is)". what hapens is simply injecting vowels into the letters (YHWH) in
order to make the letters pronounceable

u just cant stop amazing me bro
its u dat said Yahweh is a presumption of YHWH. Now u r presuming and inventing vowels into YHWH to become YaHoWaH. wats d diference btw u and those people u accuse of presuming uhn. how do u know wat vowels to inject into YHWH, how do know weda those vowels are the right ones. since u say d jews are wrong in injecting a and e.

secondly u cud hv asked me to borrow u a knife to aid ur cutting skills. u presented YaHoWaH then proceeded to cutting it into Ya and HoWaH.

thirdly do u realise that u r saying we can cut out prefix from peoples names. La is the prefix of LagosShia, Mu is the prefix of Mohamed, Jo is the prefix in Jonathan.

fourtly imagine ur name being ohlagosShia as in adding an exclamation in ur name. dats just wonderful. i cud imagine dat at evry time people called God they were so surprised and had to exclaim oh! he is(who he is) is here

by the way. i dont buy into yur YaHoWaH theorem. ofcos its YHWH. the hebrew guys (the owners of the word) agree its YaHWeH. ur folks(non owner of the word) say its YaHoWaH. wu shud be belived owners or non owners. wu is more of an authority on d hebrew language.(imagine dragging the interpretation of eshe with a yorubaman) and yu even go further to break it into Y and HWH uhn.

finally from ur logic, dont yu think we shouldnt be talking of YHWH anymore. it shud be HWH since Y (oh) is an exclamation and can be thrown away as yu did in "Qul HoWaH Allahu"

so my frnd even if i give u the benefit of the doubt and allow u go with ur YaHoWaH theorem. do u think that that YaHoWaH of urs is same as Allah. dis is actually wat the op is asking and not weda YHWH is YaHWeH or YaHoWaH. thank u
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by LagosShia: 12:03am On Apr 15, 2013
deSika:
u just cant stop amazing me bro
its u dat said Yahweh is a presumption of YHWH. Now u r presuming and inventing vowels into YHWH to become YaHoWaH. wats d diference btw u and those people u accuse of presuming uhn. how do u know wat vowels to inject into YHWH, how do know weda those vowels are the right ones. since u say d jews are wrong in injecting a and e.

secondly u cud hv asked me to borrow u a knife to aid ur cutting skills. u presented YaHoWaH then proceeded to cutting it into Ya and HoWaH.

thirdly do u realise that u r saying we can cut out prefix from peoples names. La is the prefix of LagosShia, Mu is the prefix of Mohamed, Jo is the prefix in Jonathan.

fourtly imagine ur name being ohlagosShia as in adding an exclamation in ur name. dats just wonderful. i cud imagine dat at evry time people called God they were so surprised and had to exclaim oh! he is(who he is) is here

by the way. i dont buy into yur YaHoWaH theorem. ofcos its YHWH. the hebrew guys (the owners of the word) agree its YaHWeH. ur folks(non owner of the word) say its YaHoWaH. wu shud be belived owners or non owners. wu is more of an authority on d hebrew language.(imagine dragging the interpretation of eshe with a yorubaman) and yu even go further to break it into Y and HWH uhn.

finally from ur logic, dont yu think we shouldnt be talking of YHWH anymore. it shud be HWH since Y (oh) is an exclamation and can be thrown away as yu did in "Qul HoWaH Allahu"

so my frnd even if i give u the benefit of the doubt and allow u go with ur YaHoWaH theorem. do u think that that YaHoWaH of urs is same as Allah. dis is actually wat the op is asking and not weda YHWH is YaHWeH or YaHoWaH. thank u

you are asking me questions that you need to answer.if both of us are in the same boat,then answer your questions.the insertion of vowels is meant to make the vowels pronounceable.but for certain,you do not know how to pronounce it.i am relating things to what I find in my Quran.if you accept that,good;if not,then it doesn't bother me as you are the one seeking answer for your bible and the vowels it presents,as you are not sure of how to pronounce the name of God!!! a nameless God you have there in your bible because you want to score cheap points against Muslims by portraying YHWH as a single word noun and the only or unique single "name" of God as Jehovah's witnesses publicize,and excluding any other name.you have abandoned "Elah" while you keep shouting "Allaluya" or "Alleluya",to question why Muslims use "Allah".you forget Jesus (as) was also using "Elah".

I don't know who gave you the idea that YHWH is meant to be a noun or a one word.

YAHWAH/YAHWEH AND YAHOWAH (the first in Hebrew and the latter in Arabic) mean the same thing: "Oh He (who is) " or "the one who is"."ya" is exclamatory in semitic languages,and not in English or Yoruba for you to remove "la" from "LagosShia".the explanations are clear and sound.Jews maintain out of respect for the sanctity of God's name not to articulate YHWH,as even they do not know the exact pronunciation.Jehovah's witnesses in christianity who have made an entire religion based on four letters,have rendered the four letters in over a hundred word in different languages based on speculation and out of uncertainty.these things exists in Christianity,and if I give these explanations,they are meant to refute you and expose your confusion.what I have in Islam,you are free to accept or not to accept them.it doesn't bother me because im not confused about God's name or how to describe Him or that He has other names.

you are not seeking explanations.when you cant convince people with your arguments and you see that answers are well provided,you try to confuse things and mix them up.either way,you're a loser.as a reminder,you were the one demanding Muslims make use of "yahweh",while you're not sure of what you're using.
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
just to let u no am not here for arguments i agree its pronounced YaHoWah. r u ok now.
now my questionn is
YaHoWaH and Allah are they the same dieties
if yes. wil u do me a favor and replace Allah with YHWH/YaHoWaH in ur next write ups. this is not a permanent injunction just only on ur few subequent posts in this thread. write about creeds in islam here using the alternate name of God. shikina dats all am asking. thank u
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by WHees(m): 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
deSika: Allah is an arabic word. u r definitely not an arab or are u. if u were an arab then asking u to call God in hebrew wud be tantamount to wat u say above. but as it is. arabic is a foreign language to u as is hebrew.

The Quran distinguish btwn Ilah & Allah[Surah at tur 43], both Ubangiji & Chineke refer to Ilah which can be a god or God but the word in the Quran Allah is the appropriate word denoting His name. Many Muslims strive to unsterstand Islam arming themselves with knowledge of both the Arabic text & its meaning/translation, but Hebrew knowledge was rare amongst the gentile, it is possible my friend desika do not know AKBAR in hebrew but Many 9ja Muslims are fluent in Arabic & those Muslims prefer to use Allah, a Hausa man doesnt recognise Ubangiji as a name to the supreme God cos he knows the Quran & he is fully convinced that Allah is the appropriate name.

deSika: {if u as a nigerian (which am sure u are but corret me if am wrong) can refer to God in arabic then u can also do same in hebrew as both are foreign to u.

I will end up making things worse to myself, if you can hold a koboko and ask me to say Akbar in Hebrew, unless the holy spirit grin intervened i wont be able to, but Alhamdulillah, English & Arabic are foreign to me but this task wont be huge.

deSika: by d way let me remix ur statement for u.

Chaii, Dj desika, this one no be disco hall oo. Use paraphrase next time. Lemme give an example of remixing, Dj moses in exodus say God gave his name as He is/i am, Dj jesus in matt call him [b]Ela/Eloi/Eli], my negro gentiles use Jehovah, adonai,yhwh,jhvh,ehyeh,yehvah, yahuwa e.t.c but the original track is THE SUPREME GOD.

deSika: The likeness of your request is like that of an [arab man] who ask [u a nigerian] speaking [nigerian language] to use [Allah] instead of ur [nigerian language] in [Nigeria].. Irrational, isnt it?

Why wouldn't i? I will be a cornered mouse if i try to rebel, Ubangiji is same as Ilah, i wont object to use Allah since i am a Muslim & the Quran deliniate his name vividly. But why would i comply to a negro gentile request to use an ambiguous name from a foreign language which even the gentile do not know and he has to circumlocute profusely when asked how his fellow gentiles view that name.
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 2:10am On Apr 17, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

The Quran distinguish btwn Ilah & Allah[Surah at tur 43], both Ubangiji & Chineke refer to Ilah which can be a god or God but the word in the Quran Allah is the appropriate word denoting His name. Many Muslims strive to unsterstand Islam arming themselves with knowledge of both the Arabic text & its meaning/translation, but Hebrew knowledge was rare amongst the gentile, it is possible my friend desika do not know AKBAR in hebrew but Many 9ja Muslims are fluent in Arabic & those Muslims prefer to use Allah, a Hausa man doesnt recognise Ubangiji as a name to the supreme God cos he knows the Quran & he is fully convinced that Allah is the appropriate name.

I will end up making things worse to myself, if you can hold a koboko and ask me to say Akbar in Hebrew, unless the holy spirit grin intervened i wont be able to, but Alhamdulillah, English & Arabic are foreign to me but this task wont be huge.

Chaii, Dj desika, this one no be disco hall oo. Use paraphrase next time. Lemme give an example of remixing, Dj moses in exodus say God gave his name as He is/i am, Dj jesus in matt call him [b]Ela/Eloi/Eli], my negro gentiles use Jehovah, adonai,yhwh,jhvh,ehyeh,yehvah, yahuwa e.t.c but the original track is THE SUPREME GOD.

Why wouldn't i? I will be a cornered mouse if i try to rebel, Ubangiji is same as Ilah, i wont object to use Allah since i am a Muslim & the Quran deliniate his name vividly. But why would i comply to a negro gentile request to use an ambiguous name from a foreign language which even the gentile do not know and he has to circumlocute profusely when asked how his fellow gentiles view that name.
first let me say this. all u guys have mastered the art of dodging and not answering a question directly. i wud like u to direct me to any of ur posts on this thread that categorically answers this question. is Allah same as God. categorical ansa shud be yes or no before u start explaining why u think so.

now this is wat u said

Your folks say no Elohim but Yahweh, Muslims say there is no Ilah but Allah. Elohim & Ilah stands for god, the jews call the supreme God Yahweh while the muslims call him Allah. A non Muslim Arab & a Muslim Jew knows it is a name of their Ilah or Elohim. MY POSITION IS, I THINK THEY ARE BOTH RIGHT since they rely on the scripture. But if a gentile negro can object as you do i will just let him be.
and this
So i concur with your arabic scholars who agree to translate Yahweh as Allah not Ilah
meaning u agree that Allah = Yahweh

i then went on to say wil u agree to use Yahweh in ur prayers, write ups, only for one week. (if u use Yahweh u wud not be refering to another God). #its just to prove that deep inside u, u agree to wat u r saying.
instead of going to the test of proof, u said
thhen i proceedeth to show u that if yu believe the above statemet. then it applies to you as well. because both of yu fall into the same shoe.
and u no wat as typical u bring up somtin not related to the Allah Yahweh discussion we are into
Chaii, Dj desika, this one no be disco hall oo. Use paraphrase next time. Lemme give an example of remixing, Dj moses in exodus say God gave his name as He is/i am , Dj jesus in matt call him [b]Ela/Eloi/Eli], my negro gentiles use Jehovah, adonai,yhwh,jhvh,ehyeh,yehvah, yahuwa e.t.c but the original track is THE SUPREME GOD.
so if Dj Jesus remix Gods name how does it relate to wat u said that i cant ask an igbo man to call God Ugbangiji and i said back to u wat u ur sef said only changing igboman to wheels. wetin concern Jesus/Moses with ur first statement.

finaly u were the one that said it is irational to ask an igbo man to call God in a foriegn language. its the same u that said "why wudnt i". so u wud do somthing that u ursef call irrational.(My point is if u have clearly shown that you can do this irrational thing as per ur own words, wat other irrational thing wudnt u be doin as concerning ur religion). and for this reason i am come, to show u ur irrationality.. but it is left to yu to come out of it.
[ONE IRRATIONALITY EXPOSED]
one way yu cud help urs every time yu come to a doctrine in islam is this is by asking ursef "is this rational?" for example is it rational that i bin a nigeria shud call God by an arab name since its irrational for an igbo to call God an hausa name.
ir·ra·tion·al - /iˈraSHənl/ Adjective: 1. Not logical or reasonable
synonyms: senseless, crazy, absurd
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 3:33am On Apr 17, 2013
But why would i comply to a negro gentile request to use an ambiguous name from a foreign language which even the gentile do not know and he has to circumlocute profusely when asked how his fellow gentiles view that name.

y becos if they are same it shud not be dificult. but seeing the dificulty it takes it must then mean that both are not the same.

I hv hereby drawn my conclusion from u guys. seeing that its a taboo to interchange both words. therefore Allah is not same as YHWH/Yahweh or YaHoWah accordinng to LagosShia

Advice: stop deceiving urselves by saying .

1. Allah is same as Yahweh
2. Moses is the prophet of Allah when that Allah told him that his name is Yahweh (i am )
u wud only end up being IRRATIONAL (apologies to Wheels)
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by WHees(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
deSika: first let me say this. all u guys have mastered the art of dodging and not answering a question directly. i wud like u to direct me to any of ur posts on this thread that categorically answers this question. is Allah same as God. categorical ansa shud be yes or no before u start explaining why u think so.

Behold! the hallucinating gentile is rebelling against his words again, if i really avoid your request & resort to provide peculiar answers instead, you wont dare to admit & give this remark:
deSika: bro, i must confess, ur response is one of the most intelligent responses i have ever gotten on this section. so i get from ur response that u belive both are the same

I wish the presidency shall consider subsidizing the health sector & give free medication to the amnesia nitwits.[patriotic citizens prayer]

deSika: Rational/irrational bla bla bla

This is an already refuted issue, it would amount to sheer time waste if i try to reiterate in order to elucidate again, i dont favor tautology, so i adhere to my recent responses. This is where i stand:

deSika: The likeness of your request is like that of an [arab man] who ask [u a nigerian] speaking [nigerian language] to use [Allah] instead of ur [nigerian language] in [Nigeria].. Irrational, isnt it?

[size=32pt]My response[/size]

WHξξ∟s:

deSika: Allah is an arabic word. u r definitely not an arab or are u. if u were an arab then asking u to call God in hebrew wud be tantamount to wat u say above. but as it is. arabic is a foreign language to u as is hebrew.

[size=32pt]My response[/size]

WHξξ∟s:
Many Muslims strive to unsterstand Islam arming themselves with knowledge of both the Arabic text & its meaning/translation, but Hebrew knowledge was rare amongst the gentile, it is possible my friend desika do not know AKBAR in hebrew but Many 9ja Muslims are fluent in Arabic & those Muslims prefer to use Allah, a Hausa man doesnt recognise Ubangiji as a name to the supreme God cos he knows the Quran & he is fully convinced that Allah is the appropriate name

Wasn't english foreign to you? what makes you chat in english Does that ridicule your ancestry? No!. As far as language is concerned, folks are free to chat & talk as as long as they understand what they were saying. I respond using the same pattern below, when u asked:
deSika: {if u as a nigerian (which am sure u are but corret me if am wrong) can refer to God in arabic then u can also do same in hebrew as both are foreign to u.
My response was:
WHξξ∟s:
I will end up making things worse to myself, if you can hold a koboko and ask me to say Akbar in Hebrew, unless the holy spirit intervened i wont be able to, but Alhamdulillah, English & Arabic are foreign to me but this task wont be huge.
Am i wrong if i use a language i understand

deSika: and u no wat as typical u bring up somtin not related to the Allah Yahweh discussion we are into....|.....so if Dj Jesus remix Gods name how does it relate to wat u said that i cant ask an igbo man to call God Ugbangiji and i said back to u wat u ur sef said only changing igboman to wheels. wetin concern Jesus/Moses with ur first statement.

Once again the gentile is attacking a straw man, i only point out an error in your statement & suggest you shall use paraphrase instead of remixing. It seems that you have just as much trouble making sense out of your folly, it makes one to ponder maybe this is some sort of medical condition.

deSika: I hv hereby drawn my conclusion from u guys. seeing that its a taboo to interchange both words. therefore Allah is not same as YHWH(1)/Yahweh(2) or YaHoWah(3) accordinng to LagosShia Advice: stop deceiving urselves by saying . 1. Allah is same as Yahweh 2. Moses is the prophet of Allah when that Allah told him that his name is Yahweh (i am ) u wud only end up being IRRATIONAL (apologies to Wheels)
[quote author=deSika]

LOL! You again prove why i should'nt use an ambiguous name which many folks call differently, thats why i said even your superiors circumlocute profusely before arriving at one [assumed] name. Again one thing you are ignorant of was Ehyeh was the right word your scholars drew to mean I am.
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 11:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Behold! the hallucinating gentile is rebelling against his words again, if i really avoid your request & resort to provide peculiar answers instead, you wont dare to admit & give this remark:
i was making my statement to the general muslim audience not u in particular. i praised yu post because atleast it was easy to spot wat u meant. other guys dont give dat luxury they dont give clear answers dats wat i was saying.

I wish the presidency shall consider subsidizing the health sector & give free medication to the amnesia nitwits.[patriotic citizens prayer]
no problem at all. d presidency shud subsidize other sectors too.

#u said somthing was irrational, then later u go on to say why wudnt u do something that was irrational. i was only telling u wat u said

#then again u say
Am i wrong if i use a language i understand
my friend u shud have thought about this before u said the igbo mans bla bla was irrational. is the igbo man wrong if he uses a name which he understands to be God in another lannguage.

by the way some muslims dnt understand arabic so even if you say we shud allow u to use the arabic name because u understand arabic wat about those ones dat dont understand arabic. on wat ground shud they use the arabic name since they dont understand arabic

#by the way i didnt ask u to say akbar in hebrew.

Wasn't english foreign to you? what makes you chat in english Does that ridicule your ancestry? No!. As far as language is concerned, folks are free to chat & talk as as long as they understand what they were saying
. u shud have thought about this before placing irrational in that your igbo man/Ubanngiji statement.

Once again the gentile is attacking a straw man, i only point out an error in your statement & suggest you shall use paraphrase instead of remixing. It seems that you have just as much trouble making sense out of your folly, it makes one to ponder maybe this is some sort of medical condition.

ok i shud have used paraphrase instead of remix. i get it. but atleast u got the message

You again prove why i should'nt use an ambiguous name which many folks call differently, thats why i said even your superiors circumlocute profusely before arriving at one [assumed] name. Again one thing you are ignorant of was Ehyeh was the right word your scholars drew to mean I am

the hebrew guys who own the word all agree that its Yahweh.pls if u hv seen where any hebrew said its somthing else. pls let me know. u dont expet other languages to still hold to Yahweh as thiers too. its a hebrew word.

so wats my point with yu Wheels and other muslims.
these are my points
1. there are so many diferent languages in the world.
2. each language calls God by a diferent word. dont expet all languages to call God by same wording. dont expet an igbo man to tell yu that Yahweh is an igbo name.
3. Each man is free to use the word for God in his local dialect.
4. in addition to the above. Each man is also free to use the word for God in a difernt language. An igbo man can use the word Ubangiji, an hausa man can use the word Yahweh. it is not irrational since they are referring to the same being.
5. You canot interchange two words from diferent lannguages wen they dont mean the same thing. eg yu cant say Sango is the most high and Yahweh is the most high for the simple reason that they are not the same beings.[dis explains why it is dificult for muslims to use the word Yahweh and Allah interchangeably because in their innermost minds both are not the same
6. dis one is especailly for LagosShia. you canot explain the meaning of a word in a language that is not urs. the jews have told yu the meaning of the hebrew words YAHWEH and ALLELUYA and u are trying to tell wat it means[its just like an igbo man trying to explain to a yoruba man that eshe does not mean thank you. wen a yoruba man tells u dat eshe means thank u just take it like that, wen a hebrew man tells u that yahweh means I am, take it like that]

¤¢$¥¤ ....deSika# the truth is always wat it is......the truth. there is no going around it
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by quivah(f): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by deSika(m): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
quivah:
*do yu think Yahweh and Allah are referring to same diety
there is only 1 truth in your ill story! Yes! allah is a deity! Good you know yourself! But my almighty God isn't..
*if answer is yes. then go on to test the proof in the op
this is the most stupid thing have ever had!! Do you know what is called a psycological balance? No you don't,then i wouldn't argue on your test. Because,even if you wanna give it a try,your mind would prevent you! So,whats the essence,,, why don't you just hold on to your ill gotten belief! I have never seen a Christain comparing a muslim to him/her self because they know the difference is clear.. Don't know why it must always be you guys! Is it that you are scared you'v been misled or what?! Just stick to your belief!shiiiiooorrr

and ur point is...

are u sure u read the op.
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by yasraelalusi: 12:32am On Jul 16, 2013
https://yabaniisrael./2013/01/10/the-book-and-the-prophethood-who-are-the-ummiyyeen/
https://yabaniisrael./2013/01/10/the-book-and-the-prophethood-who-are-the-ummiyyeen/
,SALAM/SHALOM ALAIKUM,,,IN THE NAME OF ALLAH YAHWEAH,,,not only is it the same god,,but in fact we can go further on a face book room to proove prophet muhammed s.w.s was not an ishmaelite but was actually an african israelite,,so if you go to face book go to a room called:https://www./217863914989155/
hebrew israelites who believe muhammed an israelite prophet and quran...it will be prooven using the torah and the quran language,,,,shalawam ya bani yisrael
Re: Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God by Yahwin(m): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
i want to say this that Allah is not same being Yahweh. If Allah is God. Yahweh is not. Yahweh is not a God. Allah and Yahweh are not same. Yahweh and God not same. Allah, God, and any other names you have are not the names of the Creator of the Universe. The creator only spoke to Israel and reveal His Name unto them and warn them not to call any other name. If ou ant to know the Name He reveal, go ask the Israelites. They will tell You

Rabbai Yahwin Aguh : 08058057341

(1) (Reply)

What D Meaning Of Ibn In Islam / Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Honored By US Supreme Court In 1935 (picture) / Avicenna (ibn Sina): The Father Of Modern Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.