Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests (1021 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests by damatiti(f): 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2008
I am new in Nigeria from another African country and would like to go to church at my pace and give offerings without being forced.  Also I do not like the loud sound system used in some churches I visited. If the sound is so loud it makes understanding Nigerian english very difficult and secondly it gives me headache. I am a christian and sometimes feel to hear the word of God from someone preaching.
Re: Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests by Lady2(f): 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2008
no one should force u to give offerings. That's why it's offerings. As for the loud speaker, well chuck it up to bad engineering.
Re: Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests by Reptyle(m): 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2008
I am unaware of any church that would put a gun to your head to collect an offering or insist on a house visit before you can fellowship with them. If anyone does that, STOP going there. As for the loud sounds from the public address, avoid sitting close to the speakers abi? I see you are based in Abuja, there are so so many good fellowships in Abuja. Keep searching, you'll find.
Re: Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests by rotimy(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2008
There is a CATHOLIC CHURCH at Graki, Maitama and Asokoro parts of Abuja and they sure fiited your desire.
Give God the glory with your life style. A appy welcome to Nigeria. A nice stay my Sister
Re: Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests by damatiti(f): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2008
Rominy

Thank you.  I will surely try the Catholic church this coming Sunday. however, I am from Evangelical Lutheran church and will probably find it completely different from what I know and practiced all my life.
Re: Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests by Ganjaseed: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2008
Sister you will not find any Church in Nigeria where you will not be literally forced to bring your offering or pay your tithe it all depend on you whether to adhere or refused to do so, as for the noise you will also not find a church where the PA system will not peace you off, except in Deeper Life church and am sure that you will not be comfortable there either. So pray and let God lead you.

(1) (Reply)

Tithe / Tougher Screening Process For Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria, Iran,sudan, Yemen & Cuba / Abeg Which One Is Water Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.