Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,365 members, 7,957,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) (69742 Views)

Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government / 'Ocean Dome' Indoor Beach In Japan (Pictures) / Liberia The Crystal Of West Africa. (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by yousee(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
adanny01:

Lol. Will tell him. Small world. Saint Bath abi?
Yea.
Them coolio days...
Repping miller house

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Atouke: 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
Pristine coastline of Ibeno waiting for more development.

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Atouke: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
adanny01:

Ufan mi, like i said before, i owe you no explanation or further details. If you wish, call me a liar. What i have seen, heard and the threats to my life were personal or official experiences which i am not willing to share on this forum.

Just like you said, Ibeno is a nice place, i visited it so many times to catch fun with friends and family. Like any other place, there are downsides and that is what i have mentioned. In several occasions, i found it hard to walk bare footed from where i parked without feeling like am walking on dirt. You talk about getting approvals like its the only thing you have to do to invest in a community. Once again, if you have no experience you need to keep quiet.

Your last line is way off. That beach if you don't know is a public natural recreational site which the government must maintain or develop. Our government is blinded by oil money that's why these little tourist sites are not converted to revenue generating source of the government.

Am not your friend, so don't call me one i dont make friends with people who are intellectually dishonest. You erroneous claimed that Ibeno people are impediment to growth and development of the beach, I called you out on it and asked for evidence to back up your claim, all am hearing from you is name dropping of ministers etc with no substance.

Like i said stop making unsubstantiated claims This is a public forum.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by toshmann(m): 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
drnoel:
THE Ibeno beach is a beautiful sand beach, which stretches to James Town on the Atlantic, providing recreational facilities for water sporting. Other impressive beaches are located at Eket, Ikot Abasi, Adadia, Nwaniba, Uta Ewa and Oron.

The state is well known for her exciting and rich culinary culture, and highly reputed for her irresistible and salivating variety of cuisines, which are predominantly vegetables and sea foods.

Visitors can have a taste of popular local dishes such as isi-ewu, Afang, Edikan Ikong and top it up with fresh palm wine.

Oron Museum offers some finest carvings, relics, artifacts and other valuable antiquities such as masquerade costumes, traditional/instruments, pottery. The museum also contains an attractive, shaded water front garden where visitors can watch small boats drifting on the creeks.

Other places of interest in Akwa Ibom are Ibom Plaza, Presbyterian Church, Mary Slessor House Tomb, Mbo Forest Game Reserve etc.

Ibeno Beach is reputed to be the longest sand beach in West Africa covering about 2 kilometres.

It is a beach that forms a part of the West African border with the Atlantic Ocean. The beauty of this beach is that its sands have been stable over the years without receding with the tide.

Ibeno beach presents a nature's gift, not only as a home for fishing but a relaxation spot for tourists. It is located in Ibeno Local Council Area of the state.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118620:ibeno-beach-akwa-ibom-longest-sand-beach-in-west-africa&catid=184:love-a-life&Itemid=711
Na so Nigerians de dress go beach? With all these clothes on? grin

Someone wear agbada sef grin
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
toshmann:

Na so Nigerians de dress go beach? With all these clothes on? grin

Someone wear agbada sef grin
Bros the Naija beach dress sense is indeed very unique grin
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by spartacuz: 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
winkPls y'll shud kum2 my International Olympic Stadium on fri 11th Nov.... Akwa Ibom is a blessed land, solely a promised land 4rm God. But Politics wl nt kill our dreams. IJN, Amen.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by favoured247(m): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2014
irishCream:

Will u take me there cry cry cry
lols. oya come to eket na. I will put u in a cab to ibeno beach. just 200 naira.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by irishCream: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2014
favoured247:

lols. oya come to eket na. I will put u in a cab to ibeno beach. just 200 naira.

Noooo...don't want such!

Taking me there is different from what u are saying sad
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by rodeo0070(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
From Google Earth...

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by favoured247(m): 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
irishCream:

Noooo...don't want such!

Taking me there is different from what u are saying sad
alright. one of dese sundays i should be able to. since i am close to d beach smiley
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Bifwoli: 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nigerian beach is low quality stuff for riffraffs. Ghanaian world renown beaches are excellent,much better than this with great ambience and free seaside fragrance (human poo)
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
irishCream:

Will u take me there cry cry cry
I can take u there if u really really want to go but u won't enjoy it except u just like to watch the beach. The beach itself is dirty and stiLl used as a laterine by the locals. Only entertainment is beerpalours and suya joints in the evening if u really want to see some spectacle talk to me and we can arrange oat ride
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by irishCream: 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
nano4him:

I can take u there if u really really want to go but u won't enjoy it except u just like to watch the beach. The beach itself is dirty and stiLl used as a laterine by the locals. Only entertainment is beerpalours and suya joints in the evening if u really want to see some spectacle talk to me and we can arrange oat ride

Now u are making me want to vomit angry angry

How on earth do I visit a place dirty and used as latrine?

Thought I saw some fine posts here saying otherwise or is that some scam?

Anyways I still wanna visit the place since u hv offered to take me there

Thanks for the kind gestures!!!
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
irishCream:

Now u are making me want to vomit angry angry

How on earth do I visit a place dirty and used as latrine?

Thought I saw some fine posts here saying otherwise or is that some scam?

Anyways I still wanna visit the place since u hv offered to take me there

Thanks for the kind gestures!!!
So sorry if I spoilt ur anticipation or mirage image what I simply meant was don't go swimming in the water.
The beach used to be a lovely serene place there was a golf course and club run by Mobil Producing but now its been abandoned. Let me know when u'd like to go and I'll check my itinarary
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by irishCream: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
nano4him:

So sorry if I spoilt ur anticipation or mirage image what I simply meant was don't go swimming in the water.
The beach used to be a lovely serene place there was a golf course and club run by Mobil Producing but now its been abandoned. Let me know when u'd like to go and I'll check my itinarary

Okay...thanks!
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
PinkObsession:
#akwaibomite kiss

Do you live in akwaibom as well?
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
Nope smiley *my state of origin *
letsdothis:

Do you live in akwaibom as well?
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
PinkObsession:
Nope smiley *my state of origin *

Ok good to know my wife to be is an akwaibomite. I hope you are based around lagos. Becuz travelling down to akwaibom for traditional marriage rites and ceremony is not a small journey.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by poiZon: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
Aitee1:

Tang iko wud inan! shocked shocked shocked

dat is abasi mbok, iyammi!
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by poiZon: 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
adanny01:
Yes, its true what most people have said about Ibeno beach. It is at most times dirty, the road leading to the beach (a federal road) is very bad and is only lively on Sundays. The local community seem but be a stumbling block to necessary development by private sector even as government does not have an interest in the beach development. I hear rehabilitation contract has been awarded by the FG.

Its still a nice place to be on sundays if you are an outdoor type, like me. See my wet feet on one of my visits below.

see as una plenty, na una dey chhop awa money abi? Even goodluck wey dey chop 1billion naira food no plenty as una. see as four persons resemble 30 people.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Aitee1: 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
poiZon:

dat is abasi mbok, iyammi!

Ha fa? grin

How 9ja govt dey treat u?

Ama aka stadium?
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by poiZon: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Aitee1:

Ha fa? grin

How 9ja govt dey treat u?

Ama aka stadium?

iyo oo, nke ba ke solitary confinement. immemme o, ashong akan nanga nke forecast o. mme yem key ndien o.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Aitee1: 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2014
poiZon:

iyo oo, nke ba ke solitary confinement. immemme o, ashong akan nanga nke forecast o. mme yem key ndien o.

Hehehehe... cheesy cheesy

U and this ur terms ehen

Don't worry e go soon better

Jus have faith abi u no dey go dat ur church again wink
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by poiZon: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
Aitee1:

Hehehehe... cheesy cheesy

U and this ur terms ehen

Don't worry e go soon better

Jus have faith abi u no dey go dat ur church again wink

can a hungry man understand preaching abt the two thieves?
na worship alone I de do now o. nso ake tem?
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Aitee1: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
poiZon:

can a hungry man understand preaching abt the two thieves?
na worship alone I de do now o. nso ake tem?

Nketem edesi isip eyop... tongue
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Eyop: 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
Aitee1:

angry angry
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by poiZon: 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
Aitee1:

mbok noh adi.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Aitee1: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2014
poiZon:

mbok noh adi.

Aya adia ifot... grin

Itong adia ndidia ifok owo tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs / Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo / The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.