Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together (144907 Views)

Post All Your Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Coreldraw Issuses Here / Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. / Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by djfiifi(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2013
turl: You heard the man, bring your issues forth and let's look into it together.

No logo requests or nothing o, strictly intended for people with PS issues.

Let it rip!

Hi Turl
I am an amateur in P.S,
Could you please educate me in how to change the background of a picture using PS 5.
Will be counting on you for the steps.
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by turl(m): 12:10am On Jun 19, 2013
Jerrite:

yea, i did search on google, been trying different methods but still not satisfied with the result, that's why i asked for help. Never tried reducing the opacity tho.

Hi Jerrite, sorry you haven't heard form me man, been tied down with work and other things. I did try to create a tutorial but ran out of patience halfway through lol. So I though I'd point you to where I learnt how to do most of what i know: http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/photoshops-pen-tool-the-comprehensive-guide/

Its a long tutorial but its detailed, thorough and better than anything I can serve up at this point.I can guarantee you that if you can grasp the pen tool you'll unlock a ton of possibilities with PS. Let me know If you don't grasp anything at all from the tutorial and that should be easier to answer.

PS: I am aware that this isn't the answer you were looking for but trust me on this. You'll be needing the pen tool for a lot of things besides drawing so it's kind of a must.

djfiifi:

Hi Turl
I am an amateur in P.S,
Could you please educate me in how to change the background of a picture using PS 5.
Will be counting on you for the steps.

Hi Dj, To change the background you need to be able to 'lift' the object you want from the picture and put it on a desired background. This can be achieved through different means and the best option depends on the image you're trying to move to a new background. If it's an image with sharp/straight edges then the lasso tool might do the trick or a single coloured image can be lifted with the magic wand tool.
An image with rough edges like hair will have to be carefully selected, probably with the use of masking and contrasting..and the list goes on.

My point is, it depends on the image, how about you post a screenshot and I'll tell you the easiest and fastest way to go about it.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by Ebiolorundele(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2013
How can i download photoshop on my pc.b'cos d one i saw they are demanding for money. Pls if there is website to do this kindly send it to me thank u
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by dothis91: 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
pls help me..on how to change d backgrand of an image...usin adoble photoshop
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by FAMedia: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
I need a good trainer in Video Editing and Graphic Animation. If you know any kindly reach me on info.facemediang@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by daisyella: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
Tanx for dis thread Turl, I'm having problem using d layers in photoshop. Hw do I insert another image into a second layer
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by turl(m): 2:14am On Jul 28, 2013
dothis91: pls help me..on how to change d backgrand of an image...usin adoble photoshop
Hi, to get this done, simply select the image you'd like to have its backgrounds changed and copy to a new layer.
The best way to select will depend on the nature of the image you have as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts.

A quick simple selection can be done with the lasso tool (short cut - L). a good tip is to use the polygonal lasso tool (right click the lasso tool to see the different types available. The lasso tool should be the active icon on the tool panel to the left of the screen.)

Another quick option is the magic wand (W) which only works well where there is a strong contrast between either the object you need isolated or its surrounding parts, which should most likely be one solid colour.

For a more complex selection, you would have to learn how to use tools like the pen tool (P).
Link here: [url] http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/photoshops-pen-tool-the-comprehensive-guide/ [/url].
Also, you would have to learn things like masking. What that is in a nutshell is you, using the brush tool to act as an eraser. Only difference is, you can 'un-clean' what you've cleaned off because photoshop stores the pixel data when you put a layer in this mode so it gives you more flexibility.

So, say in a professional setting, a digital artist needs to change the background of a model from the studio to a sandy beach;
- He imports a hi-res pic of the model taken in the studio with the lighting and what not.
- He then imports a picture of a beach probably from a premium stock photo site.
- He uses the pen tool ( and some masking tools for the hairs) to select the model in detail (the pen tool gives you the best flexibility and clean cut finish when it comes to image selection - although, more time consuming than the magic wand.)
- When the image is cut, he moves the cut-out model to the beach picture file and drops it there.
- From there, he then cleans up the image and adjusts the colours to the tone of the lighting from the beach pic, adds shadows and highlights (dodge and burn tools are usually used here) as well as airbrushing, blemish correction (clone stamp and spot healing tools) amongst other things.

I hope in my trying to explain the process, you now have a basic grasp of how image backgrounds can be easily altered.

Sorry for the essay man, I get carried away sometimes.

daisyella: Tanx for dis thread Turl, I'm having problem using d layers in photoshop. Hw do I insert another image into a second layer

Hi, to do this, simply create a new layer, copy whatever image to the system clipboard (that's basically right-clicking the image from any part of the computer and copying) then come into PS and Ctrl+V (paste for windows) or Cmd+V (paste for Macs) while your new layer is selected.

if that doesn't work, just right click the image and go to 'open with' then select photoshop from the menu.
If PS isn't there, click 'choose default program' (I'm assuming you're using a windows btw - sorry if you're a Mac user smiley) and from the pop up, uncheck 'make this the default choice' or something along those lines and then navigate to photoshop.

Let me know if that worked. It should do anyway, but just incase it isn't clear enough, give me a shout and I'll sort you out.

Cheers and sorry for the typos.

3 Likes

Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by quiestla: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hi Turl,please how can i ungroup a design work which is already design in coreldraw format?.How can i ungroup it in photoshop cs6?.
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by turl(m): 4:23am On Jul 30, 2013
quiestla: Hi Turl,please how can i ungroup a design work which is already design in coreldraw format?.How can i ungroup it in photoshop cs6?.
Sorry mate, I'm not familiar with Corel Draw
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by candyacho(m): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2013
pls how can i change or remove my picture background with photoshop7
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by turl(m): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2013
candyacho: pls how can i change or remove my picture background with photoshop7

Sup!
read the posts above and you'll get the answer to your question.
you're welcome!
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by alandavid(m): 10:31am On Aug 05, 2013
diksa: Please can u guys help me to re-size my design? i did it with powerpoint and will like to re-size it to fit with the required pixel, i will like to upload and send it to your email. Thanks
ok sure i will help you please send me your problem in email.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

spiralclick
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by quiestla: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2013
Please i want to ask you a question.Please between RGB and CYMK which one is good for print production?And which resolution is 72 OR 300?
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by turl(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
quiestla: Please i want to ask you a question.Please between RGB and CYMK which one is good for print production?And which resolution is 72 OR 300?

Hi quiestla, interesting question there. short answer: CMYK, 300 DPI (at least) is what you should go for when you print.

Long answer: CMYK stands for the four colours, printers combine to create whatever colour you throw at them: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Keyline or black. That being said, these colour combinations are still limited compared to the possibilities of RGB on screen (Red, Green, Black).

As for the resolution of 300dpi over 72dpi, this is basically saying you want 300 dots or pixels in a square inch. That's the industry standard or optimum print quality because screens usually have a lower resolution than print so what looks clear on screen may come out pixelated on print depending on the image resolution.

I don't know if I've done enough justice to it so here is a detailed write up if you're still interested:
http://www.printindustry.com/Newsletters/Newsletter-79.aspx

hope I helped.
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by dybaba(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
Please i need help on editing a jpg image in PS.....Any one willing to help should please indicate, so that i can send the full detail. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by yinraph(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by Pkingsley: 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
Greetings to all viewers!
My name is james from UK I own a plaza where I sell laptops,mobile phones,digital cameras,I-pads,I-pods etc. The rate of low sales rate here in UK is driven me out of business and I wanna open a branch in Africa. A friend told me Africa communication market is good. I need a trust worthy partner in Africa male or female. Interested persons should contact ppeterkingsley1@gmail.com for more info
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by CarCam: 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
dybaba:

Please i need help on editing a jpg image in PS.....

Any one willing to help should please indicate, so that i can send the full detail. Thanks.

@dybaba

What's the lowdown, what editing are you after, might be able to assist you
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by Brimmie(m): 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wow! I 'ld love to help people about PS. Am using PS CS6.

Still learning After Effects & Maya!!
GFX is the 'ish!! I never get bored on PS!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by kingpin83(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2013
i wanna learn photoshop...anyone willing to teach me?
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by Spanishmario(m): 11:47am On Sep 13, 2013
My photoshop as refused 2 save my works, ave uninstalled nd re-installed bt still d same problem. Photoshop CS5...fenkz
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by Agbeke2013: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
kingpin83: i wanna learn photoshop...anyone willing to teach me?
call 08036674361
Re: Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together by turl(m): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
profchimex: Wow!!!!!!
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SCHEME "YES 2013"

Happening Live in
Port harcourt City, Nigeria

Countdown To our Certified Professional Courses on Basic & Advanced Website Design/Programming, Mobile App Development, Video Editing & Production, Internet businesses, Software's hacking, etc...

@Multi-purpose hall, by the popular Rumuokoro Roundabout, OBALGA, Port Harcourt

Monday 30th September - Sunday 12th October, 2013

10am-3pm daily (Monday - Saturdays i.e. excluding Sundays)
WE KEEP TO TIME...

NOTES:
* This is irrespective of your church/denomination, tribe or status.
*Payments MUST be made latest 20th September, the earlier the better. To make your payments call or SMS 08062655143
ONLY 30 participants needed for effective tutoring, No crowding!
*Do not doubt, come See for yourself

Four Professional experienced Tutors coming from Lagos, Kaduna, Calabar and Uyo respectively...

Cheap right? But don't take it for granted!

Training Fee: #5,000
Total Fee: #6,000
NO EXTRA CHARGES

FREE E-BOOKS WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED

Please come along with your laptops, if you don't have, provisions would be made IF you book earlier.

****Compulsory, All participants would be expected to submit a website and Mobile application of any kind fully designed, programmed and launched online as their PROJECT from the training received!

................................................. Call/text us now for details 08062655143. 08095648186. .................................................