Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,112 members, 7,863,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Is It Worth It Remarrying? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Worth It Remarrying? (1004 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? / How Long Should One Mourn A Dead Partner Before Remarrying Or Dating Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Worth It Remarrying? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2008
Ever before I got married,I made up my mind that this is a one time deal.
[b]I would give it my all.[/b]I vowed to love,honor and cherish my Mr Nwando with all my heart and do whatever it takes (God being my help) to have a happy home. wink

God forbid,if anything happens,I doubt if I'll marry again.
I know a woman who's tying her 3rd knot and I think she's nuts!
why would someone marry and remarry again and again like playing "try your luck"
what for?
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by uspry1(f): 3:55am On Apr 08, 2008
For me, i should be deserved to be remarried after what my parent put me FORCED MARRIAGE in the NAME OF THEIR OVERPROTECTIVE on me despite of my deafness (how can deaf daughter raise a baby ALONE?) and christianity(they do not believe in wedlock pregnancy)!!!

My parent regret seeing WHAT KIND OF MAN I was married into, they paid the price offering me DIVORCE in the name of MY HAPPINESS, not their!!! My children whom I raise TURN INTO BEAUTIFUL well-mannered smart children!!

My deafness HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH raising children even though I have my own job, car, and college degree/entreprenership.

After all, i do not see myself getting married again anytime (lost interesting, more likely dishearten)---BEING HAPPY BE SINGLE AGAIN!!!

Generally, that is different people on different stroke in remarrying issue!!!
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by Dreloaded(f): 3:57am On Apr 08, 2008
are you saying widows shouldnt remarry osisi
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by almondjoy(f): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2008
[size=15pt]OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!!! DOES NOT MATTER WHERE THE MAN COMES FROM.  I SAY OVER MY DEAD BODY![/size]

Reasons:

*Not worth ma time, at this stage in ma life!  For people like me. . .marriage can only be a surprise. . .thank God it happened that way. . . I no for take ma[b] kro kro eye [/b] enter such a thing!  Thank you lord I say. Na charm them charm me! cheesy

*Can't fall in love twice in a life time. . .my love does not come cheap either. . .

phocks maybe----only the best if I may add. Or I wash ma petunias day and night and finger them ma damn self! cheesy

I do not believe in "we dey manage" kind of relationships! Not desperate I say to have a deeek in ma bed every night!

*Can't duplicate the security and stablity I have accquired over years. After this journey, whenever the almighty says it is over, I just want to have fun and will be glad not to have a man as a constant "fixture" in it.  Solid companionship but no marriage certificates. . . . . . . . seperate houses. . .phocking dates only!  When he leaves my bedroom in the morning he takes his toothbrush/condom with him in his nylon bag.  I don't even want it in any of ma trash cans! When I leave his house in the morning. . . . . . .I take my pant with me in my purse! grin  No trace! Not even a stub of beard anywhere around ma house!   We fit jam for nursing home, to finger and stroke each other. . .the only reason we will be re-united under the same roof! wink

he he he he he he!  Say what? shocked

*Can't put up with the level of responsiblities people should do while young at an older age. . .children and all that.  I can't try that now. Unthinkable!

*Too independent to compromise certain things.  Have learned to be happy all by maself! cool Never been desparate!

*Would like to be in my own bed for a change without having another person in it every night!!!! Man, pet or children!!!!

*Marriage to me is a journey to be taken ONLY ONCE in a life time. . .not that stupid to try it twice. . .with who? shocked  Look around you and see the proliferation of vermin not even qualified as outdoor pets not to talk of spouses, especially in Nigeria/Nairaland YIMS. grin

Infact, that is TOTALLY out of the question. . .for the point I have come to in my life. . . I can never walk down the altar with another man or woman. Companions only please. So I can kick you out when I am pissed off! True that marrriage thing sweet small but na jail. Accountable for all the inhabitants in the jail cell or house vice versa!  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!  Talk about responsiblities unbagained for. shocked  I will never try it again! Kai! Thank God I know what I want in my life.

Na condition make crawfish bend I swear!  Just had to learn to make lemonade out of the lemons thrown at me! cry

I got married out of luck and because that was God's plan for me. . .too young to know any better but have settled in nicely in that role. I am enjoying every bit of it and do not regret being married because that was ma destiny.  But to re-marry. . . .NO PHOCKING WAY! For this America or Nigeria? shocked

Thank God I did all that when I was young! At this stage or age,  It would never happen now for the first time not to talk of re-marrying!

TUFIAKWA!-----NO PHOCKING WAY----I NO NEED AM AT ALL!!!---FOR WETIN?  TO ANSWER MRS.? RUBBISH!!!
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by jkpretty(f): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2008
Point is most of those remarrying never want it that way. They'lld do anything to have just one marriage. Circumstances changes plans.

I pray to marry once, in my lifetime tho.
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by opokonwa(m): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2008
Just b/c it 's working for you doesn't mean that everyone is destined for a 'one-time only' happy marriage.
Some people end up with whom they do not deserve. Some others are their own worst enemy.
Does that make anyone damaged goods I don't think so.
One should keep trying, one's best love might just be around the corner.
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by adeboo(f): 11:36am On Apr 08, 2008
I definitely would.
When i married the first time - i went in their with all ma heart and soul until i discovered that the guy already had a wife in Nija. The family actually told me that and when he moved to Nija, i know that he moved back there with her.

I am still a young lady nearly 30 and i have a child, i would love to have more kids and would love to be loved again.

I was real broken up and shook up by the experience cause it shook me to the core and i needed to really think hard.
The fact is that i now believe that there are relationships and marriages that God actually didn't join together and we try to keep it together.

I am definitely gonna remarry and have more kids by the Grace of God.
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by ifyalways(f): 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2008
I wud definietly re marry if:
the guy dies and am still under 30
we get seperated or divorced and am still under 30
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
D-reloaded:

are you saying widows shouldnt remarry osisi

NO.
I didn't include that at all.
I'm talking of marrying,divorcing remarrying again and again.
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2008
almondjoy:

[size=15pt]OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!!! DOES NOT MATTER WHERE THE MAN COMES FROM.  I SAY OVER MY DEAD BODY![/size]

Reasons:

*Not worth ma time, at this stage in ma life!  For people like me. . .marriage can only be a surprise. . .thank God it happened that way. . . I no for take ma[b] kro kro eye [/b] enter such a thing!  Thank you lord I say. Na charm them charm me! cheesy

*Can't fall in love twice in a life time. . .my love does not come cheap either. . .

phocks maybe----only the best if I may add. Or I wash ma petunias day and night and finger them ma damn self! cheesy

I do not believe in "we dey manage" kind of relationships! Not desperate I say to have a deeek in ma bed every night!

*Can't duplicate the security and stablity I have accquired over years. After this journey, whenever the almighty says it is over, I just want to have fun and will be glad not to have a man as a constant "fixture" in it.  Solid companionship but no marriage certificates. . . . . . . . seperate houses. . .phocking dates only!  When he leaves my bedroom in the morning he takes his toothbrush/condom with him in his nylon bag.  I don't even want it in any of ma trash cans! When I leave his house in the morning. . . . . . .I take my pant with me in my purse! grin  No trace! Not even a stub of beard anywhere around ma house!   We fit jam for nursing home, to finger and stroke each other. . .the only reason we will be re-united under the same roof! wink

he he he he he he!  Say what? shocked

*Can't put up with the level of responsiblities people should do while young at an older age. . .children and all that.  I can't try that now. Unthinkable!

*Too independent to compromise certain things.  Have learned to be happy all by maself! cool Never been desparate!

*Would like to be in my own bed for a change without having another person in it every night!!!! Man, pet or children!!!!

*Marriage to me is a journey to be taken ONLY ONCE in a life time. . .not that stupid to try it twice. . .with who? shocked  Look around you and see the proliferation of vermin not even qualified as outdoor pets not to talk of spouses, especially in Nigeria/Nairaland YIMS. grin

Infact, that is TOTALLY out of the question. . .for the point I have come to in my life. . . I can never walk down the altar with another man or woman. Companions only please. So I can kick you out when I am pissed off! True that marrriage thing sweet small but na jail. Accountable for all the inhabitants in the jail cell or house vice versa!  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!  Talk about responsiblities unbagained for. shocked  I will never try it again! Kai! Thank God I know what I want in my life.

Na condition make crawfish bend I swear!  Just had to learn to make lemonade out of the lemons thrown at me! cry

I got married out of luck and because that was God's plan for me. . .too young to know any better but have settled in nicely in that role. I am enjoying every bit of it and do not regret being married because that was ma destiny.  But to re-marry. . . .NO PHOCKING WAY! For this America or Nigeria? shocked

Thank God I did all that when I was young! At this stage or age,  It would never happen now for the first time not to talk of re-marrying!

TUFIAKWA!-----NO PHOCKING WAY----I NO NEED AM AT ALL!!!---FOR WETIN?  TO ANSWER MRS.? RUBBISH!!!

This girl,I don laugh tire.

Like you I don't see myself falling in love with anyone else again.
Where will I even start?
What will I do that I didn't already do.
That's why I told myself that I'll do whatever it takes to satisfy my man in everyway possible within the boundaries of human capabilities.
Even if I have to swing from the chandeliers to fulfil his fantasies grin, nwando dey  cheesy
because,I don't hope to do it with anyone else.
NEVER!
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by sistajay(f): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2008
You never know, never say never.
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2008
@poster

the prayer of every single girl should be[b] GOD GIVE ME MY RIGHTFUL PARTNER THE BONE OF MY BONE AND MY MISSING RIB[/b],wen u get married to ur rightful partner im very sure they wouldn't be any reason for marrying and remarrying in the first place,anyway im marriage is a blessed union from God,and i dont see myself remarrying in the next world not to talk of this world
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by chinda3: 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2008

the prayer of every single girl should be GOD GIVE ME MY RIGHTFUL PARTNER THE BONE OF MY BONE AND MY MISSING RIB,when u get married to your rightful partner im very sure they wouldn't be any reason for marrying and remarrying in the first place

i strongly agree with u
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by almondjoy(f): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2008
nwando:

This girl,I don laugh tire.

Like you I don't see myself falling in love with anyone else again.
Where will I even start?
What will I do that I didn't already do.
That's why I told myself that I'll do whatever it takes to satisfy my man in everyway possible within the boundaries of human capabilities.
Even if I have to swing from the chandeliers to fulfil his fantasies grin, nwando dey  cheesy
because,I don't hope to do it with anyone else.
NEVER!

Not what any person who has done it with love and hard work will contemplate twice in one life time I say.  Like you said where do you start?  To teach am how to cook or to teach him how to close his arse and mouth at night so he does not fart and snore you to death? grin If I have to smell another man's gass in my bedroom again. . .I go kill am I swear! cheesy One bad gas in a lifetime is enough!

For those who did not get it right the first time. . .I wish them goodluck.  Like you said, do everything to please this one ooooooooooooooooooooooooh. . . . it does not get any better than that!

Swing it I say! cheesy
Re: Is It Worth It Remarrying? by debosky(m): 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2008
*pictures babyo swinging from chandeliers* shocked grin grin

I guess the point here is that you did it right and gave it your all nwando. . . hence there is no looking back to say 'if i did this, or didn't do that'. Granted no one is perfect, but if within limits you both have done all you can to make it work. . .I doubt a second marriage would help.

There is this saying by Oscar Wilde that 'When a woman marries again, it is because she detested her first husband; when a man marries again; it is because he adored his first wife. Women try their luck, men risk theirs.'

I kinda agree with that.

Second marriages rarely work unless there was some terrible circumstance or situation around the first one.

(1) (Reply)

Am I Just Unlucky In Love / Jeezz: Wat Will U Do::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / How Should I Treat Him Now, Am Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.