Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi (23707 Views)

Remi Fagbohun Reacts To Tiwa Savage's Failed Marriage / Solomon Akiyesi Marries Owabie Doris: His 4th Wedding(pics / Solomon Akiyesi Finally Remarries In Peace (photos From His New Wedding) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by babseg(m): 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2013
iamswizz: someone expects me to read this long post
But wait oo.. Wat happened to all the foods and drinks?

My guy don't go too too far. I learnt that the food will be shared tonight on nairaland. Just be on the look out at food section grin

1 Like

Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by emmayoc: 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
Edoboy1: .................didn't u read the whole thing? They said ,they never knew he was married. Meaning he lied,even when the whole thing came out,he said he was sori dat he didn't properly dissolve the first marriage. Now how is all dat the pastors fault? The church is just a victim of circumstance. What do they stand to gain if they knew?.
so u mean ur church weds every dik nd harry even wen the girl is pregnant? May God 4giv u for defending dat church
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by Krisgift(f): 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
Edoboy1: ........what do u mean? What is the church offence? Do they pay before wedding in ur churc? I wonder how some of u reason. No wonder una dey fail for school.
oga,looks like you are a member of d church,if their's any failure,na you and your church.The name of d church should be Husband snatchers ministry.RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by emmayoc: 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
[quote author=tomzman][/quote]my frnd stop talking nonsense. Ok let's 4get he lied dat he's not married; y would a church wed a pregnant woman. Do u wanna tell me dey didn't knw?
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by jinkees: 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
Rabboni-X:
Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Solomon Akiyesi

What was meant to be a day of celebration – the wedding ceremony of one of our members Uloma Agwu to Mr. Solomon Akiyesi at the Overcomers Church World Outreach in Aguda – was sullied by an ugly incident.
Immediately following the praise and worship session and before the officiating commenced, a woman who claims to be the lawful wife of the groom disrupted the ceremony. She was accompanied by people who sought only to wreck havoc in the church. They were unruly and violent.

We regret the ugly series of events that followed this brash display. At the Overcomers Church, we do our due diligence to ensure a couple set to wed is right in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of God. To the best of our knowledge, Mr. Akiyesi, was unmarried. The Overcomers Church World Outreach regrets that the woman who disrupted the wedding chose such a time to do so. There is no ideal situation here, but it would have been right that she bring the case before church officials in a manner befitting a house of worship. This was not the case.
The groom, Mr. Akiyesi, has apologized to the Church, his bride-to-be, Ms. Agwu, and family and friends that gathered for the wedding. “This happened because I tried to cut corners,” he said. He admits he did not properly dissolve his previous marriage to his first wife and says he is determined to do what is necessary to rectify the awful situation. We apologize for the ugly scene this caused at our Church and apologize to those who witnessed it. It is not exemplary behavior and not who we are as a Church.
The General Overseer of the Overcomers Church World Outreach, Bishop N.E. Moses, addressed the congregation after order was restored.
Bishop Moses prayed for the couple, Mr. Akiyesi and Ms. Agwu, but he did not legally wed them –no documents were signed so as not to disobey the law. Mr. Solomon Akiyesi and Ms Uloma Agwu will not be legally joined together until the matter is properly settled by lawful authorities.
Our Bishop has urged us to take a lesson from this and be careful of the decisions we make in life, so the consequences don’t hurt us in the future. It is a lesson we take well.

We stand by Ms. Agwu. She has been a dedicated member of the church and we will continue to support her and Mr. Akiyesi. It is our hope and prayer that in all of this, God is glorified and His house of worship above reproach.
Chika Moses

Media Representative,
Overcomers Church World Outreach

from http://blogsinbrief..com/2013/04/overcomers-church-world-outreach.html
thiis woman Mrs lilian Akiyesi is actuAlly a good friend of mine I knw her too well she has been married for 7 yrs to this stupid man. I almost died of shock when I read this article this morning and am still in shock. Mrs lilian is actually 8 months pregnant @ d moment. God what a wicked world. Dis man wld neva see anything Good. Dis is a very shocking incident. No woman shld pray to be in dis shoes. God have mercy oh
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by kabba7(m): 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
chris51: This is what is going on in these business centres called churches. They destroy people's homes in order to provide husbands for their desperate old maid single girls who have been warming their pastors bed over the years
If not, how can they wed a couple without proper investigation?
Imagine their spoke's man saying they stand by their church member.
They stand by her because she has paid the church so much, for her to get a husband by hook or crook.
Destruction is awaiting all these modern day pastors who are wrecking homes.
The man's wife did well by disrupting the ceremony.

The legal wife took the most sensibl step to keep her marriage , from the church defence if she has gone to them they will try to pacify her to forget the marriage . She did right !

1 Like

Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by deinmaafie(f): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
Most of you are asking if the church did not ask of his marital status. C'mon what do you expect him to answer. Thief go tell you say im bi thief? You sef think am!!!

1 Like

Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by ffo(m): 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2013
oluomad: Firstly, the church is such a satanic church for wedding a lady who is pregnant!! Its very wrong!
Secondly, the statement above from the church shows that they are not a church which follows biblical pattern of weddding!
Thirdly, the pastors and bishops of that church lacks the spirit filled vision and they are after money ahead of d souls!! A pastor who cannot hear from God before wedding couples is a blind pastor!!

Churches of nowadays may God hav mercy
WHERE IS IT WRITTEN IN THE POST THAT THE CHURCH CONDUCTED THE WEDDING? TALK MORE OF CONDUCTING WEDDING FOR PREGNANT LADY.
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by jayjaybazz: 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2013
Overcomers in the news again? is it not this same Overcomers that was connected with the OTOKOTO saga in owerri some years ago. short memories can only be for some people! In a world of the so called new generation, pastors officiate burial ceremonies of people they never met nor have any of that person's relation attend their church, wed people even if they were never members of their congregation, and dedicate children they cannot tell when the couple went through the period of pregnancy thereby encourage the child trade business we now see happen in parts of the South-East. This so called church is a clossal disgrace to any civilized society. Imagine that even the courts of law observe strict order before their Marriage Registrars could use the marriage register, but even from the statement from the church, it is obvious that no order was observed at all. Men just walk into 'the house of God' and pay money to get anything. i wish the so called Bishop could tell me the ethics observed by veiling an already pregnant woman. what guarantee that the same man will not appear elsewhere to wed another girl after they help him get rid of his former marriage?
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by Babytenten: 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
Na wa!! Instead of the church to help offer to reconcile the husband and wife they are saying something else.

The church should advice their member to leave husband and wife to reconcile or completely divorce before entering the picture.

A good church should do that instead of crying foul that an unlawful wedding was stopped.

Imagine. The man that was going to marry while still married was not even given a good talking to. The woman that married someone else's husband whether they are having problems or not should be cautioned and not pitied. Except she was in the dark about the previous marriage.
My issue with this church is more of what happened after the fact that the man is married came out. No apologies whatsoever. No criticism of what the man tried to do.

Churches these days ehn. I stick to the old churches I can't deal with these new generation churches.
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by on3simus: 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
In a lawful society, bigamy is a crime. Nigeria is something else. Why would he practise deception in the house of God. God cannot be fooled, whatever you sow is what you will reap.
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by dbride: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
ffo:
WHERE IS IT WRITTEN IN THE POST THAT THE CHURCH CONDUCTED THE WEDDING? TALK MORE OF CONDUCTING WEDDING FOR PREGNANT LADY.

Were they not in the church for the purpose of their wedding when Lilian disrupted it? But for Lilian, Solomon would be married to Uloma in that church.

1 Like

Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by buti4nomsy(f): 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2013
D solomon in Question v bin married since 2005 in Ph.we blame d church yes n we shud also blame d Ms Agwu who didn't make investigatns.if d family membas of Solomon can b secretive one person must dfinitely against b him rmari.
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by TrebleChamp(m): 6:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
Edoboy1: .................didn't u read the whole thing? They said ,they never knew he was married. Meaning he lied,even when the whole thing came out,he said he was sori dat he didn't properly dissolve the first marriage. Now how is all dat the pastors fault? The church is just a victim of circumstance. What do they stand to gain if they knew?.
So why is the church supporting his shameful action by publicly stating that they stand by him?
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by ireke(m): 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
I don't know what went down in his marriage but the fact that the wife is currently pregnant while he is sneaking out of town to get married is very scary to me and makes me see the man as nothing but a devil.

By the way, what does the church expect from the wife? To tell one of the ushers that she wants see the senior pastor? Abeg there is no other way to settle this other than to disrupt the wedding. And disruption could not but be unruly. If she did not come with people the church would have bundled her out quietly.

I think any reasonable church should just saty clear of marrying divorced folks. let them go get married in the court and let the pastor pray for them
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by inene: 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2013
Judge not so that you will not be judged
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by Ilaje44(m): 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
oluomad: Firstly, the church is such a satanic church for wedding a lady who is pregnant!! Its very wrong!
Secondly, the statement above from the church shows that they are not a church which follows biblical pattern of weddding!
Thirdly, the pastors and bishops of that church lacks the spirit filled vision and they are after money ahead of d souls!! A pastor who cannot hear from God before wedding couples is a blind pastor!!

So the church is for you satanic to have attempted to wed a pregnat woman? Are you really sure? Have you experience satan before? If not, how do you know the wedding attempt were satanic? If you believe the wedding were satanic, then what would you call the case of Mary? Afterall, when Joseph took her, she was also pregnant.
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
IRONY OF LIFE:I hope the bride went home with That veil still on her face,somebody that is pregnant pretending she is never been kissed by a man
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by fidelix: 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
u think say 2face no get sense when he carry him wedding go DUBAI

1 Like

Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2013
vibesbabe: People will not shut their mouths and learn.Instead,they'll be criticizing and blaming other people as if they don't have worse skeletons in their cupboards.Useless aprokos!
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by Swtdiva(f): 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2013
MORN DEW: Madness how can a church wed som1 dat is already married even though they are divorced. The bible forbids divorce except on adultery. What book does this churches use.
dictionary
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
iamswizz: someone expects me to read this long post

But wait oo.. Wat happened to all the foods and drinks?

What happened to the food? Shey hungry area boys don finish for naija again?
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by dBard: 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2013

Boy, stop talking crap. In churches, proper counselling is done n the couple is presented t d congregation at least twice, n sometimesalso @d partners church before d marriage is done.
Secondly,.is d girl in question going t claim she didn't know he was married? A public figure like that??
The overcomers church should have just spared us d statement..it's discombobulated crap angry
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by ibkgab001: 11:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
I wounder ooooo some pastors needs proper counseling and orientation wTf
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by VICAF: 1:08am On Apr 15, 2013
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by donpata(m): 4:38am On Apr 15, 2013

Where are d Catholics? I tot dey would flood here screaming "The Only True Church". Dem don go hide abi? Shebi Catholics do d same thing. Wedding Pregnant girls on pulpit. I dont even knw if pple still read their bibles or are even concernd about their spiritual growth. How can i keep attending a Church joining Divorcees together even when d bible clearly states Divorcees shouldnt marry unless d other partner is death becoz God HATES Divorce.

All diz new EndTime Churches would read d Word clearly but will claim d bible cannot b interpreted literally. Dey keep distorting meanings of d Word claiming God Ministerd to Dem.

I believe diz is a warning to Dis Business Churches and dat Big "Old True Church"
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by adami48(f): 7:21am On Apr 15, 2013
Ezebinaugwu: because miss Agu has been a dedicated member of your church and you stand by her to destroy another woman's home ? na tinder go fire una for that church.
God bless u guy, dat ws wat i was even tinkin
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by obagangan: 10:37am On Apr 15, 2013
this is dishearting, churches this days. let God b the judge of wat has happen
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by femikay149(m): 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
First of all I dnt blame the church for planning to conduct the wedding..I wanted to give them the benefit of doubt that they were fooled by this man..
But reading this press release they spent most of the time attacking the legal wife..so am wondering who is the accused here the legal wife or the man that impregnated their member out of wedlock
Now the church were quick to defend this man and the mistress..please what does the bible say? The man has committed adultery nufin is said about dat..their member commited fornication all dey can say is she is a committed member..
Dey should explain wot dey mean by they stand with the man and d mistress..inotherwords dey stand with adultery, and wrecking a matrimonial home..
Why couldn't they try and reconcile the legal wife with the man..afterwards..
Thank God we know the name of the church now..God @ work he just exposed them..people bware
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
These so called overcomers church supppose to be "Undercomers". How will such a grown up man told you that he is not married and you believed him without proper investigation. I think the foundation of this so called church is built on perversion and falsehood, that is why they ignored the word of God by joining pregnant woman in marriage. FYI Do not be deceived they will reap their reward in due course
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by AroComputerCe(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
Rabboni -x, I think your church should bury her head in shame. Then ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Overcomers Church Responds To Failed Marriage Attempt By Actor Akiyesi by AroComputerCe(m): 5:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
Any member of this church whose aim is to make heaven must take to his heel. I fear this kind of church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija's Kayvee Celebrates World Mental Health Day (Photo) / Picture Of Tiwa Savage's Manager Pecking Her In A Club / Davido To Give N2Million To Most Loyal Fan (snapchat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.