Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,452 members, 7,830,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You (7140 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Nairaland Religion First 11 - Just For Laughs!!! / POLL: Who Is Your Favourite Nairaland Religion Personality For The Year 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol....you got jokes........but u dunno

grin
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by SalC: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2013
musKeeto: Radio without battery... Lol... Just keep rambling and rambling and rambling....
That's not true
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by SalC: 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Deny? Anyways, I need not bother cause we have some pretty smart nairalanders who read and come to their own conclusion as against someone who prefers to join the band wagon. wink
No jokes. You are certainly not one of those
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
when you seek to understand God primarily through the brain, you'll die. The bible warns already, Heaven is not begging for citizenship.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
Image123: when you seek to understand God primarily through the brain, you'll die. The bible warns already, Heaven is not begging for citizenship.

so you are a robot ?

1 Like

Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
frosbel:

so you are a robot ?

Gbam
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
frosbel:

so you are a robot ?
no I'm not. i was on the assumption that readers like you passed through primary school and should therefore know the meaning of 'primarily'.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by SalC: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
Image123: when you seek to understand God primarily through the brain, you'll die. The bible warns already, Heaven is not begging for citizenship.
I agree with you, knowing God require the help of the Holy Spirit for the Scripture said the Holy Spirit will lead us into every truth and God is truth.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Image123(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
^
when folks meditate day and night on confused commentaries of nl members instead of investing even half that time on the bible itself and on prayers. Every sule, emeka and ojo's thought are taken in especially when its vociferous. Frequency of idea is mostly mistaken for intelligence.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by mazaje(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
Image123: ^
when folks meditate day and night on confused commentaries of nl members instead of investing even half that time on the bible itself and on prayers. Every sule, emeka and ojo's thought are taken in especially when its vociferous. Frequency of idea is mostly mistaken for intelligence.

People have meditated on the bible and that lead them to have over 33,000 different sects of christianity, no?. . .The young earth creationist, old earth cfreationist, those that believe intithers, non tithers, those that believe in hell as a permanent lafe of fire for sinners, those that do not, those that believe in the rapture those that do not, those that believe in trinity and those that do not all read from the same bible, no?. . .If there is anything like the holy spirit there wil be a universally acceptabl;e christian doctrine. .But like anything that is man made all this division, personal opinions and intepretations are all norlam with anything that was invented by man. . .Keep on deluding your self. . .
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by tchaik(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2013
Sal C:
I agree with you, knowing God require the help of the Holy Spirit for the Scripture said the Holy Spirit will lead us into every truth and God is truth.

Whenever I see posts like this, I wonder what future generations will think of us.
@sal c, can you comfortably show this write-up to your grandsons in future? *just asking*
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by SalC: 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
tchaik:

Whenever I see posts like this, I wonder what future generations will think of us.
@sal c, can you comfortably show this write-up to your grandsons in future? *just asking*
Why not? What's wrong whit it or do you think the concept of God is something you can just sit in your kitchen and comprehend?.Sorry God is beyond the layman's simple comprehension. You may not agree with me but that's the simple truth. You need the inspiration of the Holy spirit to better understand God.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by mazaje(m): 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
Sal C: Why not? What's wrong whit it or do you think the concept of God is something you can just sit in your kitchen and comprehend?.Sorry God is beyond the layman's simple comprehension. You may not agree with me but that's the simple truth. You need the inspiration of the Holy spirit to better understand God.

How has the holy spirtit helped believing christians to better understand their religion?. . .So far many true believers are yet to agree on the nature of Jesus , if he is the same as god or just the son of god alone. . .Where is the holy spirit to help the true believers settle this dispute?
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
mazaje:

How has the holy spirtit helped believing christians to better understand their religion?. . .So far many true believers are yet to agree on the nature of Jesus , if he is the same as god or just the son of god alone. . .Where is the holy spirit to help the true believers settle this dispute?

So how is one a true believer in Christ without knowing the nature of the Christ that they believe in?
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by ezme(m): 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

So how is one a true believer in Christ without knowing the nature of the Christ that they believe in?

Are you saying if frosbel, image123, goshen360, jesoul and you do not agree/have contradicting stance on the nature of Jesus, I'm safe to conclude that atleast one of you is not a true believer?
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
ezme:

Are you saying if you frosbel, image123, goshen360, jesoul and you do not agree/have contradicting stance on the nature of Jesus, I'm safe to conclude that atleast one of you is not a true believer?

grin
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
ezme:

Are you saying if frosbel, image123, goshen360, jesoul and you do not agree/have contradicting stance on the nature of Jesus, I'm safe to conclude that atleast one of you is not a true believer?

You know, there's this difference between saying something and asking a question. I suggest that you try the question again. In answering it, you may find an answer to your own question.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by ezme(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You know, there's this difference between saying something and asking a question. I suggest that you try the question again. In answering it, you may find an answer to your own question.

Are you saying if frosbel, image123, goshen360, jesoul and you do not agree/have contradicting stance on the nature of Jesus, Am I safe to conclude that atleast one of you is not a true believer?

there you go...
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
^^

Uh, it was my response to mazaje which you responded to that I was refering to not your own question. smiley
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by ezme(m): 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^

Uh, it was my response to mazaje which you responded to that I was refering to not your own question. smiley

I saw your question as a rhetorical one in the light of mazaje's assertion. This prompted me to ask mine. I hope to be honoured with a response.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
^^

That you saw it as a rhetorical one does not quite make it one, you see. smiley

If you answer it, I'm certain yours will be too.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by ezme(m): 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^

That you saw it as a rhetorical one does not quite make it one, you see. smiley

If you answer it, I'm certain yours will be too.

I like the way you are being coy. Its typical Ihedinobi style. Keep it up, and choose your words right.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
ezme:

I like the way you are being coy. Its typical Ihedinobi style. Keep it up, and choose your words right.

You call my conversation 'being coy'? cheesy

I don't believe it was me started a conversation with you. Mazaje said something and I asked him a question about it, then up you come to respond to my question, which for some reason you decided to see as a rhetorical one, with one of yours. I ask you to go on and answer the question you're responding to since it'll help answer yours and you decide that I am coy. Really. grin
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by ezme(m): 12:00am On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You call my conversation 'being coy'? cheesy

I don't believe it was me started a conversation with you. Mazaje said something and I asked him a question about it, then up you come to respond to my question, which for some reason you decided to see as a rhetorical one, with one of yours. I ask you to go on and answer the question you're responding to since it'll help answer yours and you decide that I am coy. Really. grin

So in the end it would be my words and not yours?

Your style of argument has always been, you trying to weaken the opponent's premises even when they are not necessarily based on assumptions. It is usually you playing around semantics and asking "rhetorics".
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Image123(m): 12:17am On Apr 23, 2013
mazaje:

People have meditated on the bible and that lead them to have over 33,000 different sects of christianity, no?. . .The young earth creationist, old earth cfreationist, those that believe intithers, non tithers, those that believe in hell as a permanent lafe of fire for sinners, those that do not, those that believe in the rapture those that do not, those that believe in trinity and those that do not all read from the same bible, no?. . .If there is anything like the holy spirit there wil be a universally acceptabl;e christian doctrine. .But like anything that is man made all this division, personal opinions and intepretations are all norlam with anything that was invented by man. . .Keep on deluding your self. . .
Now, i had to take time out of no time to get on a computer and respond to this. My hope is that you'll not be porous brained enough as to repeat this line of thinking again, and most importantly, for the benefit of my people.
Hear is what i said, you may want to read it slowly this time so that all parts sink in.
"when folks meditate day and night on confused commentaries of nl members instead of investing even half that time on the bible itself AND ON PRAYERS. Every sule, emeka and ojo's thought are taken in especially when its vociferous. Frequency of idea is mostly mistaken for intelligence."

Meditating on the Bible is not what leads to sects.Not meditating, and not prayerfully listening is among what leads to sects. Read Joshua 1v8 for the results of meditating on the Word of God. Now, i do not know where you get the flimsy idea that If there is anything like the holy spirit there wil be a universally acceptabl;e christian doctrine.The Bible already says different. God's salvation is based on belief on the Son Jesus, not on doctrine.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
If you believe in Jesus, you'll be saved. it's that simple, very easy one would suppose. Not much knowledge and information involved, only believe. Infact, about doctrine, here is what God's Holy Spirit says.
Eph 4:3 Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

The command, the exhortation and the expectation is that we ENDEAVOUR to keep the unity of the Spirit. The second verse shows that we are not in the unity of the faith and of the knowledge. We are not all in the same class(believers). We don't all know or understand the same thing. We dont have equal faith, one the same faith. Even in the first century christians, they didn't all understand the same way. And thank god, it's not understanding of the faith that saves us. It's not the correct doctrine or the perfectest teaching that justifies us. Actually, we cannot come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of God until Jesus comes. And God has not commanded it for our salvation. But we can ENDEAVOUR to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. The pharisees believed in the correct doctrine and teaching on resurrection, the Saduccees did not. Both were not saved. The requirement to be a christian, to be saved, to get to Heaven as it were, is to believe in Jesus. The thief on the cross believed in Jesus, He was saved. Who knows his thoughts on tithing, or on rapture? The Ethiopian Eunuch was saved. I'm not sure of what he thought of trinity or of rapture. Those are basically insignificant to becoming a part of God's kingdom. The Holy Spirit is not primarily sent to give universal christian doctrine, whatever that means.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2013
ezme:

So in the end it would be my words and not yours?

Your style of argument has always been, you trying to weaken the opponent's premises even when they are not necessarily based on assumptions. It is usually you playing around semantics and asking "rhetorics".

Honestly, man, I don't know what you want from me o.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by alfaman2: 8:28am On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Honestly, man, I don't know what you want from me o.

I think he wants a simple answer to his question. If you can't answer it, say so. Stop being a dickhead.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 23, 2013
alfaman2:

I think he wants a simple answer to his question. If you can't answer it, say so. Stop being a dickhead.

Gbam.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2013
alfaman2:

He asked me if I was saying something with my response to mazaje and I told him that I was asking a question, not saying anything. What else would you have me do or say?
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by mazaje(m): 9:50am On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Because there are different natures of Jesus christ each supported by the bible. . .To some Jesus christ is ONLY the son of god ,, while to others he is the son of god and god himself . . .There is NO agreement on this. . .Every body just decides to god with the nature he wants to go with. . .So what is the basic nature of Jesus? is he the son of god alone or is he god himself?. . .There is no agreement on this among the body of Jesus (believers) . . .
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2013
mazaje:

Because there are different natures of Jesus christ each supported by the bible. . .To some Jesus christ is ONLY the son of god ,, while to others he is the son of god and god himself . . .There is NO agreement on this. . .Every body just decides to god with the nature he wants to go with. . .So what is the basic nature of Jesus? is he the son of god alone or is he god himself?. . .There is no agreement on this among the body of Jesus (believers) . . .

If it was my question you attempted to answer, I confess that I fail to see what your answer is.

Let me rephrase it in case that might help: if one does not know who or what someone or something is, how can they know what to trust or believe in it for? How can I say, for instance, that I believe in the aerodynamic principle of buoyancy when I don't know what it is?

Edited to correct a statement.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by mazaje(m): 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

If it was my question you attempted to answer, I confess that I fail to see what your answer is.

Let me rephrase it in case that might help: if one does not know who or what someone or something is, how can they know what to trust or believe in it for? How can I say, for instance, that I believe in the aerodynamic principle of buoyancy when I don't know what it is?

Edited to correct a statement.

Firstly, you just can't help it but show your cunning ways, right?. . .All you are good at is mischaracterizing people's position, making things up and running commentary on them. . .The question you are asking as nothing to do with what I stated so I do not even know what you are on about. . .Where did I say that christians do not know Jesus?. . .This was what I wrote and you quoted it yourself. . .

mazaje:

I said many true believers are yet yo agree on the nature of Jesus(is he god the son of god alone, or is he god and god's son at the same time). . .I did NOT say they do not know who Jesus is, disagreeing about something and not knowing that thing are two very different things. . .Asking about not knowing who Jesus is, is your own making, so provide your own answers to the question you are posing, since nobody asked that any where. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? / Words Of Encouragement From The Bible / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.