Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You (7138 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Nairaland Religion First 11 - Just For Laughs!!! / POLL: Who Is Your Favourite Nairaland Religion Personality For The Year 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
mazaje:

Firstly, you just can't help it but show your cunning ways, right?. . .All you are good at is mischaracterizing people's position, making things up and running commentary on them. . .The question you are asking as nothing to do with what I stated so I do not even know what you are on about. . .Where did I say that christians do not know Jesus?. . .This was what I wrote and you quoted it yourself. . .

I said many true believers are yet yo agree on the nature of Jesus(is he god the son of god alone, or is he god and god's son at the same time). . .I did NOT say they do not know who Jesus is, disagreeing about something and not knowing that thing are two very different things. . .Asking about not knowing who Jesus is, is your own making, so provide your own answers to the question you are posing, since nobody asked that any where. . .

Ok. So now I'm cunning too smiley

Well, see if you can follow my reasoning and see why the question is necessary.

If I say to someone that I believe in Jesus Christ and they've never heard of Him, they'll automatically ask Who He is and why I do. If I say to them that He's the Son of God and that I believe in or trust Him with my life because as the Son of God He has the power to take care of anyone who entrusts their life to Him and insist that even though He's the Son of God, He's not Himself God, I have described the Jesus I believe in to be something particular.

Now, imagine that someone else meets this same person I just conversed with and in the course of discussion tells them that they believe in Jesus Christ. Our mutual friend will probably exclaim, "oh, I just heard about him from so-and-so. He's the Son of God Who isn't God Himself, right?" But this someone else says no, that the Jesus he's talking about is definitely God Himself being the Son of God as well.

Now, our mutual friend will not be blamed if he assumes that we are speaking of two different Jesus's, one who although He is Son of God is not Himself God, and the other who is God Himself being Son of God. The other assumption he can make is that one or both of us don't really know what this Jesus person is.

Now, if somebody is not sure or is wrong about what Jesus is, what exactly is it that he claims to trust or believe in when he says that he believes in Jesus Christ? In other words, how is one a true believer in Jesus Christ when they don't know what Jesus is or what the nature of Jesus is considering that one trusts Jesus because of what He is or what His Nature is?

I hope you get it now. smiley
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by mazaje(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ok. So now I'm cunning too smiley

Well, see if you can follow my reasoning and see why the question is necessary.

If I say to someone that I believe in Jesus Christ and they've never heard of Him, they'll automatically ask Who He is and why I do. If I say to them that He's the Son of God and that I believe in or trust Him with my life because as the Son of God He has the power to take care of anyone who entrusts their life to Him and insist that even though He's the Son of God, He's not Himself God, I have described the Jesus I believe in to be something particular.

Now, imagine that someone else meets this same person I just conversed with and in the course of discussion tells them that they believe in Jesus Christ. Our mutual friend will probably exclaim, "oh, I just heard about him from so-and-so. He's the Son of God Who isn't God Himself, right?" But this someone else says no, that the Jesus he's talking about is definitely God Himself being the Son of God as well.

Now, our mutual friend will not be blamed if he assumes that we are speaking of two different Jesus's, one who although He is Son of God is not Himself God, and the other who is God Himself being Son of God. The other assumption he can make is that one or both of us don't really know what this Jesus person is.

Now, if somebody is not sure or is wrong about what Jesus is, what exactly is it that he claims to trust or believe in when he says that he believes in Jesus Christ? In other words, how is one a true believer in Jesus Christ when they don't know what Jesus is or what the nature of Jesus is considering that one trusts Jesus because of what He is or what His Nature is?

I hope you get it now. smiley

Who exactly is not sure?. . .Another straw man. . .I kno many christians that believe Jesus to be the son of god alone and they are very sure of their position and to them the bible affirms it. . .Others believe that Jesus is the son of god and god himself. . .They are also very sure of their position and the bible affirms it as well as far as they are concerned. . .There are lots of pages of such debates between christians here on nairaland so what exactly is your point?. . .That they all do not know who Jesus is?. . .
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
mazaje:

Who exactly is not sure?. . .Another straw man. . .I kno many christians that believe Jesus to be the son of god alone and they are very sure of their position and to them the bible affirms it. . .Others believe that Jesus is the son of god and god himself. . .They are also very sure of their position and the bible affirms it as well as far as they are concerned. . .There are lots of pages of such debates between christians here on nairaland so what exactly is your point?. . .That they all do not know who Jesus is?. . .

I also said "...or are wrong about what Jesus is", you know. It's that tough to actually read my posts?

Anyhow, if the Jesus a person is putting their trust in is something different from the Jesus that saves, how are they true believers?
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by mazaje(m): 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I also said "...or are wrong about what Jesus is", you know. It's that tough to actually read my posts?

Anyhow, if the Jesus a person is putting their trust in is something different from the Jesus that saves, how are they true believers?

Who is wrong?. . .They those that hold both positions also believe that Jesus saves. . .
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^

What or which Jesus saves? There is only one Jesus that saves.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by mazaje(m): 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^

What or which Jesus saves? There is only one Jesus that saves.

Ask those that believe in the Jesus fable and hold different ideas about wether he is god himself or just the son of god. . .There are so many of them here on nairaland. . .You can visit any of the topics and ask them. . .
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
I was not inquiring for your opinion, mazaje. I was making a point.

It's simple, really. If all the Jesus's are contradictory, then they cannot all be the same Jesus. If there is a Jesus that saves, He is either one of the Jesus's advocated or else He is none of them. And only the believers of such a Jesus are true believers, see?

Therefore, it is wrong to say that true believers disagree on the nature of Jesus. It may be said that adherents of the Chriatian religion disagree on the nature of Jesus and that would be true. But it would be necessary to note that not all adherents are true believers of Jesus Christ. Many manufacture a Jesus of their own or adopt a doctored Jesus.

Such people cannot be rightly called true believers since it is a false Jesus that they believe in. Therefore the statement that true believers disagree on the nature of Jesus is false.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi: I was not inquiring for your opinion, mazaje. I was making a point.

It's simple, really. If all the Jesus's are contradictory, then they cannot all be the same Jesus. If there is a Jesus that saves, He is either one of the Jesus's advocated or else He is none of them. And only the believers of such a Jesus are true believers, see?

Therefore, it is wrong to say that true believers disagree on the nature of Jesus. It may be said that adherents of the Chriatian religion disagree on the nature of Jesus and that would be true. But it would be necessary to note that not all adherents are true believers of Jesus Christ. Many manufacture a Jesus of their own or adopt a doctored Jesus.

Such people cannot be rightly called true believers since it is a false Jesus that they believe in. Therefore the statement that true believers disagree on the nature of Jesus is false.

Your last paragraph is wrong. Either you believe jesus is god or he is not. But there are christians on both sides. Are there not true believers on.both sides, dezpite the contradictory positions? Or what is ur position on it?
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^

I understood mazaje's use of "true believers" to mean "true Christians". If that is not what he meant, then I have misused it. It is indeed to be a true believer that Satan is a misunderstood angel or that Jesus is not God. However, ordinarily, Christians are called believers. So, I treated his use of the phrase accordingly.

EDIT: I meant to say, "it is indeed possible to be a true believer in the fact that Satan is a misunderstood angel..."
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^

I understood mazaje's use of "true believers" to mean "true Christians". If that is not what he meant, then I have misused it. It is indeed to be a true believer that Satan is a misunderstood angel or that Jesus is not God. However, ordinarily, Christians are called believers. So, I treated his use of the phrase accordingly.

Hmmm
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Bonaciano(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
Am just new here hoping to learn
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Bonaciano(m): 3:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
Why samson have to die with philistine
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
excellent source of comedy
and a major distraction tongue
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by UyiIredia(m): 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Christians talk about faith as if it is a good thing

Smh

You can't escape the fact that everything you do involves faith. Your planning for tommorow, on the faith you'll be alive then, your discussing on Nairaland, on the faith you are talking to actual people, your crusade against religions, on the obvious faith you'll win minds, your atheism, on the faith that God as mostly known isn't explicit and the arguments for its extancy is flawed. Face it, your very life is centered around faith.

1 Like

Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You can't escape the fact that everything you do involves faith. Your planning for tommorow, on the faith you'll be alive then, your discussing on Nairaland, on the faith you are talking to actual people, your crusade against religions, on the obvious faith you'll win minds, your atheism, on the faith that God as mostly known isn't explicit and the arguments for its extancy is flawed. Face it, your very life is centered around faith.

This guy cant tel the difference between probability and faith. It is more likely than not that I will see tommorow.

Go back to school.
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by ezme(m): 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ihedinobi: I was not inquiring for your opinion, mazaje. I was making a point.

1. What is a true believer from the bible's perspective(please I need a definition and try not to input more placeholders that you may need to define at the end)

2. What is the true nature of Jesus Christ?
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
QUITE HELPFUL. I AM NOW FULLY AWARE THAT THE PHARISEES OF OLD HAVE REINCARNATED AND ARE NAIRALAND RELIGION SECTION MEMBERS LWTMB grin grin
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Ishilove: 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
Very helpful. This section has made realise that the world is full of crazy and demonised people. It has also made me realise that the internet is a deadly place where the aforementioned crazy and demonised folks assemble.

2 Likes

Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ishilove: Very helpful. This section has made realise that the world is full of crazy and demonised people. It has also made me realise that the internet is a deadly place where the aforementioned crazy and demonised folks assemble.
grin grin grin WELL DAYUMMM
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Ishilove: 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin WELL DAYUMMM
grin

1 Like

Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ishilove:
grin
I NEED THE NAMES OF THE DEMONS NOW SO I CAN CAST THEM OUT grin
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Ishilove: 12:14am On Jun 26, 2013
obadiah777: I NEED THE NAMES OF THE DEMONS NOW SO I CAN CAST THEM OUT grin
Lol. You want them to come and disturb my sleep? grin

1 Like

Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 26, 2013
Ishilove: Very helpful. This section has made realise that the world is full of crazy and demonised people. It has also made me realise that the internet is a deadly place where the aforementioned crazy and demonised folks assemble.

^^^^
This section has made me realise the holier than thou personality and persecution complex of many believers.....
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Ishilove: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

^^^^
This section has made me realise the holier than thou personality and persecution complex of many believers.....

LB stop quoting me before I use slap pieces ya teeth angry
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2013
Ishilove:
LB stop quoting me before I use slap pieces ya teeth angry

You normally beat your boyfriendS? shocked
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. You want them to come and disturb my sleep? grin
HE THAT IS IN YOU IS STRONGER THAN HE THAT IS IN THEM grin
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Ishilove: 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

You normally beat your boyfriendS? shocked

I'm a lover not a fighter, but in your case I'll make an exception angry tongue
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Ishilove: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
obadiah777: HE THAT IS IN YOU IS STRONGER THAN HE THAT IS IN THEM grin
Yezzur! cool
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ishilove:
I'm a lover not a fighter, but in your case I'll make an exception angry tongue

shocked

*runs commot from thread*
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by SalC: 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

shocked

Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by SalC: 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

shocked

Please run come back
grin grin
Re: How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bump.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? / Words Of Encouragement From The Bible / Favourite Psalm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.