Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,486 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

How Can I Continue To Love My Wife - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Continue To Love My Wife (22751 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Should I Continue With The Relationship? (25+ Only) / Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Santi222(m): 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
adami48: repair wetin don scatter already frm foundation abi? Hope no be from yaba left u dey send dis tin shey? Crase person
Stupid ladies like u are just like the one in question! Wetin scatter? Its only beyond repair if the affected parties show no true interest in remedying the suituation. Be realistic! The damn marriage is less dan 4 years old for God's sake! Some spouses never truly know each other even after 10 years of wedlock. Maybe he made a mistake knowing her and marrying her, but he's stuck in the rut he created 4 himself. Do you think all marriages are rosy? If pple wia to divorce each other like dat, imagine the charnel house of a social society we would be living in! He should go ahead and divorce her, abi? For who to marry? A stronger man with no emotions and immune to the problems he's been facing? Is there such a man? What happens to the kids? Products of a broken home from a tender age. @OP, stick it out a little more. Pray bout it. U'll find a way to make it work. Many peeps u seek advice from cant help you. Some are in similar or worse suituations.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by pipeliner: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
vicoson: My wife says she did me a favour by marrying me, so I should be happy she married me.

We've been married for 3 years with 2 kids. Prior to our marriage we dated for about a year. She even moved in with me when she had accomodation problem for 6 months. During this period I saw hell. She showed me no respect, was playing her games very openly. Her phone rings 24/7, multiple love sms.

When I talk about settling down together, she would say her parents won't agree because my place is far-I'm from Akwa Ibom and she is from Mbaise. Obviously she did not want to marry me but she wouldn't just leave.

She travelled twice to check out some suitors while she was still leaving with me and I got to know from another source. She didn't deny it but said her sister's gave her the connection. One of those guys is an illiterate drug pusher.

Finally things got to a head. I dicovered condoms hidden in her handbag, I had to throw her out of my house. Somehow somehow, we hooked again but this time I only wanted to use her. Not quite long she took in. Although both of us had earlier agreed we won't marry each other, she later claimed she has started loving me but I did not love her anymore.
I went ahead and married her. I even did elaborate wedding. From day one till today, it has always been trouble.

Complaint, complaint,complaint. Nagging,nagging,nagging. She is at the centre of the universe, everybody must worship her, she must be in charge.

Trust me, with this pride I made sure she wields zero power in my house.

Before I forget, I am a Mechanical Engineer, she doesn't have a good O-level.

Yes, my emotions are on vacation, is it my fault?

Your story matches my own personal experience very closely. After several attempts to manage my marriage I gave up and finally left my home 2nd January this year after living with her for 13years. Such people never change. As of today she calls everyday telling me how she has changed and will be a better woman if only I can give her another chance. That last text message I received from her was yesterday. My brother I will advise to to move on with your life before you waste you years tring to manage someone who is not ready to be your wife.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre: How the hell did you manage to get ensnared in the trap of an mbaise woman, an illiterate one for that matter? Haven you heard the saying " if you get caught between a snake and an mbaise woman, kill the mbaise woman first" mbaise women are like leeches, they contribute nothing positive to your life, apart from sucking you dry.

Gather your thoughts together, make plans, go to a marriage court and dissolve the marriage. Nigeria is dysfunctional, with money you would get custody of the kids. Take your kids and go drop them with your people, they are better off there than with her.
ur comment shows you're not exposed.I am an mbaise woman.and your generation everlasting will be blessed to have a woman like me in your home.anyway u don't even deserve Such.so all the bad women you know are from mbaise?u r so uncouth!
Anyway let me lecture ur ignorant self that it is rare to find such breed as the op has in my place.our motto is hardwork and sticking to ur man thru hell and high waters.that's why u see the most ambitious and educated women in mbaise.but little minds like urs will quote what 'they heard' and as such enter into the marriage with a pre-existing bias.talk of ignorance.I'm dumbfounded.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by byns: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
pipeliner:

Your story matches my own personal experience very closely. After several attempts to manage my marriage I gave up and finally left my home 2nd January this year after living with her for 13years. Such people never change. As of today she calls everyday telling me how she has changed and will be a better woman if only I can give her another chance. That last text message I received from her was yesterday. My brother I will advise to to move on with your life before you waste you years tring to manage someone who is not ready to be your wife.
bro, i aint married yet, but my fiancee acts the same way, i left her 3months ago, now she wants to get back, shud i give her another chance or am i foolishly setting myself up for a miserable marriage
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Ogegod87: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hei! U have a good hrt but on dis, i feel pity for u, OP. d worst thing dat can ever happen 2 any man is 2 marry a bad woman. u would neva, eva know peace in ur home. Advice 2 evryone, dont eva marry some1 u dont love.

i concur wit d one who suggested seperation. u seriously need a break from dat marriage b4 loose ur sanity. Dont b quick 2 divorce her but whereby she is not willing 2 change, hmmm, u gotta do wat u have 2 do. u deserve 2 b happy. U deserve 2 live long. Gud luck.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
overdrive: Pls does it mean that there are no mbaise ppl on this forum d generalizations and thrashing is getting out of hand.mbaise this mbaise that kill mbaise girl before u kill a cobra.I am tired of d whole accusations or are they true.pls somebody from that area shld speak out cos na market dey spoil for una ladies. The only comma I know they hv is high bride price 700k for drop outs and 1m for graduates.
the bride price is an exaggeration.but that alone should tell u the value of mbaise women.we are like diamonds.a real born and trained mbaise woman is the greatest asset man can get.infidelity and laziness is sometime u can only find in a few.the majority are beautiful,intelligent,hardworking,romantic,ambitiouse.e.t.c.the average mbaise woman knows no one other than her husband and kids first before anything else.y'll would be lucky to get an mbaise woman to yes to ur proposal.she's a jewel.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by vickkyspassion: 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
Yomieluv: You saw hell,and deliberately walked into, why do people believe marriage can change a person? A leopard can never change its spot.

Just send her packing,she sees you as her last option,,and for God's sake,start afresh,its never too late to make amend,a woman like this aint meant for you,imagine she's without SSCE,and that pompous.she can't contribute anything to the marriage,even academically to your children,if you have any.

Ditch her,life is too good to whine over a woman like that.
. he has married her and nothing can change dat, he will juz need to excercise more patience, and continue to pray for her maybe 1 day God will change her for good.Divorce is nt an option, Gos hates it so much!
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Ogegod87: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: ur comment shows you're not exposed.I am an mbaise woman.and your generation everlasting will be blessed to have a woman like me in your home.anyway u don't even deserve Such.so all the bad women you know are from mbaise?u r so uncouth! Anyway let me lecture ur ignorant self that it is rare to find such breed as the op has in my place.our motto is hardwork and sticking to ur man thru hell and high waters.that's why u see the most ambitious and educated women in mbaise.but little minds like urs will quote what 'they heard' and as such enter into the marriage with a pre-existing bias.talk of ignorance.I'm dumbfounded.

sweerie, dont b too hard on urself. let me ask u a question, are u married 2 an mbaise man? d ans to whether most mbaise women are good wives lies in ur ans 2 my question.

befor i say anythin about mbaise women, give d OP a word of advice, i mean, his wife is from ur place.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by eagleeye2: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: ur comment shows you're not exposed.I am an mbaise woman.and your generation everlasting will be blessed to have a woman like me in your home.anyway u don't even deserve Such.so all the bad women you know are from mbaise?u r so uncouth!
Anyway let me lecture ur ignorant self that it is rare to find such breed as the op has in my place.our motto is hardwork and sticking to ur man thru hell and high waters.that's why u see the most ambitious and educated women in mbaise.but little minds like urs will quote what 'they heard' and as such enter into the marriage with a pre-existing bias.talk of ignorance.I'm dumbfounded.

Lorretta, am so sorry about the generalisation of Mbaise people, especially their women. I am not from Mbaise, but I have met and have also dated women from Mbaise. For the record, my bosom friend is from Mbaise and he is an achiever in all ramification.
But........ some of the bad things people say about your people are true. I don't know if it is because they are from Mbaise (afterall every village has its own good and bad people). If you reflect deep and are true to yourself, you will know that your people are "devilishly" cunning, and they can be so loyal and humble untill they get what they want and then their fangs will be bared.

@Op, abeg you don enter be say you don enter.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by jidewin(m): 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
byvan:

Brother,please don't divorce hastily.Can you try seperation?like seek refuge with a responsible friend for a while,ofcourse pop back into your house every now and then to play with your children.Maybe this woman will think about her marriage and know she misses her husband.Please keep being faithful and the man that you are,don't let an ungrateful woman change your personality.Since she hasn't cheated yet,please try seperation,don't divorce hastily.At some point you have to make a decision,if this woman still doesn't change after a seperation,let her walk if she want to.

Have you ever tried a heartfelt dialogue,to know why she is mean to you??Communication saves a lot,know her plans for the marriage.Yes,you can't fake romance but you can learn.I wasn't naturally a very romantically expressive person but I try to learn,because am taking a cue from my husband.We are all learning,no one is born married.
And why must he the one to go seek REFUGE when the hoe in his house is the culprit.ABEGI, ARRANGE ANOTHER ROUND OF MEETING FOR HER PAPA HOUSE BUT ENSURE YOU HAVE HER LUGGAGES PACKED QUIETLY. AS YOU REACH THERE DROP HER AND HER BAGS AND ZOOM OFF.GOOD RIDDANCE angry angry angry
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by jidewin(m): 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
Complaint, complaint,complaint. Nagging,nagging,nagging. She is at the centre of the universe, everybody must worship her, she must be in charge.

Yes, my emotions are on vacation, is it my fault? [/quote]
Buddy listen to me carefully.I careless whether she came from Ikeduru.There is no Love between you two.She held on because she had games going on and wasn't sure, but you are cool guy to be with.Most definately not her choice nor her peoples.Shes been messing with your brain and you were overtly in-love with her.You need SEPARATION for some time....and i'm not talking about 2-3 months.Long enough to flush any emotions you have for her from your system. Your kids are now your uttermost priority. Allow her to continue gallivanting but no where near you and your kids. Good thing you are in naija.In fact she should be far away from you and your kids.Meanwhile,i suggest you carry out biological test on the kids if you are in doubt.That way your heart will be settled if they are yours or not and if you want to continue to be their father irregardless.
Act FAST.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by OILOFGLADNESS: 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
vicoson: My wife says she did me a favour by marrying me, so I should be happy she married me.

We've been married for 3 years with 2 kids. Prior to our marriage we dated for about a year. She even moved in with me when she had accomodation problem for 6 months. During this period I saw hell. She showed me no respect, was playing her games very openly. Her phone rings 24/7, multiple love sms.

When I talk about settling down together, she would say her parents won't agree because my place is far-I'm from Akwa Ibom and she is from Mbaise. Obviously she did not want to marry me but she wouldn't just leave.

She travelled twice to check out some suitors while she was still leaving with me and I got to know from another source. She didn't deny it but said her sister's gave her the connection. One of those guys is an illiterate drug pusher.

Finally things got to a head. I dicovered condoms hidden in her handbag, I had to throw her out of my house. Somehow somehow, we hooked again but this time I only wanted to use her. Not quite long she took in. Although both of us had earlier agreed we won't marry each other, she later claimed she has started loving me but I did not love her anymore.
I went ahead and married her. I even did elaborate wedding. From day one till today, it has always been trouble.

if all that u said are true then you need to visit psychiatric hospital for some medicals. for even taken her in d second time and marrying her, how are u sure the pregnancy is urs.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by overdrive(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: the bride price is an exaggeration.but that alone should tell u the value of mbaise women.we are like diamonds.a real born and trained mbaise woman is the greatest asset man can get.infidelity and laziness is sometime u can only find in a few.the majority are beautiful,intelligent,hardworking,romantic,ambitiouse.e.t.c.the average mbaise woman knows no one other than her husband and kids first before anything else.y'll would be lucky to get an mbaise woman to yes to ur proposal.she's a jewel.
Where were u all these while pls tell them more tho I am not even from IMO state but I dislike d generalization me believes that every town has equally d good and bad folks tho d father in law to d op didn't help d stereotype.op continue to try ur best no marriage was ever made in heaven remember ur kids and also take this case to Baba God.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by lastpage: 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2013

STEWPIDITY HAS NO BETTER DEFINITION THAN YOUR VERY SELF!
Quit blaming her, the handwriting was ALWAYS on the wall ..but maybe you were too pus*sy-whipped" to notice.

Gerrout of this place before l nack you koboko, silly weakling! angry angry

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by pekelepekele(m): 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
Each time I attend a wedding party. I will look at the bridesgroom carefully , watch him dancing , kissing the bride and I will smile and say it on my mind that You go soon hear am . Women hmmm , it's not easy to control them
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by chucky234(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
I just can't imagine how dumb these so called educated men can be,the picture was clear from the on set that the woman in question is not your wife and she made it known to you that she was not willing to marry you but being the dumb educated illiterate you are went ahead to impregnate her.
Even if I assumes that the first pregnancy was a mistake I don't think the second and third was,you chose to marry her because you had your weak mind made up to cope with her shortcomings and put up with her annoying attitude,why are you now whining after four years (as you dated for one year) and three kids.
Carry your cross and live with her,obey and honour your marital vow,chronic goon.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
pekelepekele: Each time I attend a wedding party. I will look at the bridesgroom carefully , watch him dancing , kissing the bride and I will smile and say it on my mind that You go soon hear am . Women hmmm , it's not easy to control them
. R u ok?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by here: 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
Like to ask, if you really wanted it to work what would you do that you havent done?
Am asking bcz I havent heard her story and you are the one in this who gets to decide and for the fact that "NO MAN WILL EVER ASK HIS FELLOW MAN TO DIVORCE HIS WIFE" so what can you do to save this,go home and evaluate if your marriage can be saved based on what you still see.
For a moment I always say..."s/he was the best thing that ever happened to you".If it means u want to take a walk,pls do bt with caution and keep the friendship,parties still after being apart do come together and even if you dnt,keep the friendship.
Custody becomes bloody when parties are neck-to-neck (there is never a case where its to be decided just bcz we feel like it) that is why courts still gets to decide based on available facts so those here who feel they are right for whatever reasons I ask..."Do you guys know this family more than anyone else here?".
Our prayers are with you,yeah your mind is made up but take it slow man but be wise so this doesnt consume any of you its already bad enough the kids would have to face any outcome of this
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by vicoson(m): 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
lastpage:

STEWPIDITY HAS NO BETTER DEFINITION THAN YOUR VERY SELF!
Quit blaming her, the handwriting was ALWAYS on the wall ..but maybe you were too pus*sy-whipped" to notice.

Gerrout of this place before l nack you koboko, silly weakling! angry angry

Lastpage!
Unfortunately, you are so correct but girl and her people still cry the victim
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Peterboy1(m): 3:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
100% ur fault cos u know all her behaviour and character and still ahead with d marriage, blame urself man cos broken relationship is better than broken marriage
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by vicoson(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
here: Like to ask, if you really wanted it to work what would you do that you havent done?
Am asking bcz I havent heard her story and you are the one in this who gets to decide and for the fact that "NO MAN WILL EVER ASK HIS FELLOW MAN TO DIVORCE HIS WIFE" so what can you do to save this,go home and evaluate if your marriage can be saved based on what you still see.
For a moment I always say..."s/he was the best thing that ever happened to you".If it means u want to take a walk,pls do bt with caution and keep the friendship,parties still after being apart do come together and even if you dnt,keep the friendship.
Custody becomes bloody when parties are neck-to-neck (there is never a case where its to be decided just bcz we feel like it) that is why courts still gets to decide based on available facts so those here who feel they are right for whatever reasons I ask..."Do you guys know this family more than anyone else here?".
Our prayers are with you,yeah your mind is made up but take it slow man but be wise so this doesnt consume any of you its already bad enough the kids would have to face any outcome of this
like I said in my post, she is at the centre of the universe, everybody must worship her and she is very rude. For instance,she called me by 8pm one day and asked when I'll be home and I said by 10 pm. The next thing I heard was "will I remain like this till you come back?" meaning I should hurry back home and turn on Gen for her? I would love to cherish my wife but with attitude like this, I just find it difficult. I really hate pride.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by 50calibre(m): 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Thank you for not resorting to insults. Disagreeing without resorting to insults should be the norm, but isn't, so i appreciate your decorum.

I still believe that it would be vindictive to separate a loving mother from her children.

What!! who said I resort into insults? Where did you get that from? C'mon I'm not a barbarian.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by 50calibre(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
ebyjoyken: my friend go and sit down. Don't say what you don't know. Are you trying to say that all mbaise women are bad? I don't like what you just said. Take it back!

Are you an mbaise woman? Ok no need to bare fangs, I retract that statement.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by 50calibre(m): 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: ur comment shows you're not exposed.I am an mbaise woman.and your generation everlasting will be blessed to have a woman like me in your home.anyway u don't even deserve Such.so all the bad women you know are from mbaise?u r so uncouth!

Ok! Guilty as charged. Maybe I am ignorant and maybe im also wrong but I'm yet to see an mbaise woman with good qualities. Maybe you are an exception.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
My dear, spare yourself the wahala of clarifying the Mbaise issue. The OP is a liar, he lied to himself in the first place, he has lived a lie, now he wants seeks support to send his wife packing. when U are done sending her away, get someone from your town and marry or don't U have females there? She is an illiterate yet she works and earns that which some graduates dream of earning. See, if U know the existence of God, I advice U go to him in prayers cos only him can make every crooked path straight.
lorretta u: the bride price is an exaggeration.but that alone should tell u the value of mbaise women.we are like diamonds.a real born and trained mbaise woman is the greatest asset man can get.infidelity and laziness is sometime u can only find in a few.the majority are beautiful,intelligent,hardworking,romantic,ambitiouse.e.t.c.the average mbaise woman knows no one other than her husband and kids first before anything else.y'll would be lucky to get an mbaise woman to yes to ur proposal.she's a jewel.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by GraceBestowed(f): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

What!! who said I resort into insults? Where did you get that from? C'mon I'm not a barbarian.
Lol! I wasn't referring to you directly; your appropriate response was a deviation from the norm, which I appreciated (and still do). I hope you understand what I was trying to say. :-)

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Filmdirect: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
She doesn't love you and never did. She married you because of convenience, maybe the fear that if she lets at least this one go, she might
not find someone else to marry her - better the scraps than the loaf, so to speak. Her family also thinks she might have married beneath them,
that is why they rose to her defense. You are just an Akwa Ibom boy who should be grateful.

Because she does not love you, nothing you do will satisfy her. It has nothing to do with romance, but an inner dissatisfaction.

To rectify this, you will have to develop value. You have to take her home to her parents, state why she is not a good wife, turn and go back home.
Don't look back, don't receive her back easily or quickly . Separate but don't divorce. Live your life happily.
Give her time, she will either wake up (her people as well) or she will divorce. I feel she will change, if anything for the shame. Also you
will be respected because human psychology, you have proven you can do without her and her people. You are therefore automatically
valuable.

One reason why you are not respected is because she knows she was "left overs" and yet you were easily manipulated to marry her or take her back.
She, knowing her true value, can not value a man who is a weakling. You gave her more power than she deserves. You suffer from not understanding
human nature. You have to value yourself before someone else will value you. The value is perceived from your words and actions.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by 50calibre(m): 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
GraceBestowed: Lol! I wasn't referring to you directly; your appropriate response was a deviation from the norm, which I appreciated (and still do). I hope you understand what I was trying to say. :-)

Ok! I get your point now. thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
"The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open. grin
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by 50calibre(m): 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
laylow001: "The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open. grin

Really! Is that what you were taught? Who instilled such heresy in you?
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by danot1030: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
First, i feel like i should just slap your mumulistic face, a lady practicing prostitution under your roof and you still went ahead to wed her and now you are complaining, na lie o you must begin to love this one by fire by force.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Lebee4(m): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
vicoson: I love those kids n they look like me.

u funny sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Person Is Missing / The Moment A Nigerian Mother Reunited With Her Children After 5 Years Apart / Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.