Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own (22677 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? / Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by 82sarahluv: 7:06am On Mar 18, 2015
My wife has cheated on me during a tough time for us. We got back together 2 months ago, but I found out she is still in touch with him. Should I leave her, or have an affair of my own? We have a 5 year old son - this is why I'm not able to consider leaving her easily.
Thanks to all of you who have not jumped on the 'having my own affair' part. I only added this as an option because, her having an affair completely shattered my confidence as a man and is affecting my personal and professional life. I have considered an affair as a way to prove to myself that I can still have a partner if we separate. But now I realize how silly that is. I'm going to try talking it out with her again and resolve this like a man, and hope that will restore confidence in myself.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by kilokeys(m): 7:22am On Mar 18, 2015
two wrongs don't make a right..

whats d point cross-breeding syphilis and his brothers?

tell her ur fears, assumptions , doubts and expectations

ask her if she is ready to be with u whole-heartedly..
and tell her u can't share..

ask for her honesty. she would tell u if she is ready to stick with u or not..

11 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 18, 2015
I feel for you, but pls forgive her since you have the heart to, you have put your child as your major consideration and I believe you're doing the right thing, have a heart to heart talk with her on why you're still staying back in the marriage, she will change for good. A united home is always better for children.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by thorpido(m): 7:23am On Mar 18, 2015
You both should have a talk about this.Find out what made her have that affair and what role by omission or commission you may have played in it.Find forgiveness in your heart and both of you should start afresh.
Don't start an affair as it does no good to your marriage.

Your wife must be willing to cut off from the man she had an affair with and work on your marriage too.
It takes two however and if your wife will not change,you know what next to do.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 18, 2015
She cheated on you and she's still into it but yet, you do still want something to do with her?

--- I admire your heart.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by georgementday(m): 7:27am On Mar 18, 2015
Reason with her and if she refuse to change,go ur seperate ways. The worse tin dat can happen to a man is livin wth a cheatin wife

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by OROZONE(m): 7:28am On Mar 18, 2015
Leave, while u still can.

15 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 18, 2015
SagePerv:
She cheated on you and she's still into it but yet, you do still want something to do with her?

--- I admire your heart.

me seff dey wonder say shey dis kain good hearted man still dey... shocked

25 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 18, 2015
She cheated on you when things were a bit tough simply means she's not loyal, she will do it again...

After forgiving her because u dnt want a broken home for ur son, which is quite understandable, she still seeing a man behind you angry and you re considering aving an affair to feel good about urself or what?

You dnt av to stoop low to her level by aving an affair. Tell her that u know what she's doing and u cannot take it, if she truly wants to be with you she Had better change for good or she should LEAVE!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Dyt(f): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2015
Muchecheche

Are u a naijerian?
Cos the naija men me I know don't ever forgive cheating
Never

U have a crystal heart oo

Don't lie u sef don dey eye one chic

19 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 18, 2015
Leave her instead.
Don't score points by cheating on her, doing so is immature.
If she catches you first, she'll turn the table around and believe me it'll be in her favour. We ladies could be so deceitful.
I believe in forgiveness but in this case I don't think forgiveness can work, she forgot her vows. "For better for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part" are not mere words. A cheating wife is capable of killing her husband.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Johnheir2(m): 8:47am On Mar 18, 2015
Think on how u met her
Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 18, 2015
OP this STD you and your wife want to be sharing. Their is god oooooo.....

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 18, 2015
He can forgive her.

Retaliating won't make her Uncheat.

He will just hurt himself more.

Matthew 18:21-22

Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"
Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
Once a cheat... Always a cheat..!!!
I believe people change but as for the case of a chronic cheater.. Hmmmmm its a different tale!
Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by missbehave247(m): 8:47am On Mar 18, 2015
Who will u leave he 4
Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by ugosonics: 8:48am On Mar 18, 2015
Having an affair is not d best option. try nd talk to her
Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by suyamasta(m): 8:48am On Mar 18, 2015
Forgive her and let her know how bad u feel about it, let her promise never to cheat on you again!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by stag: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
Wow!

You don't have to prove anything to anybody. Start to gather evidences for prosecuting a strong case in the forthcoming dissolution. And...

1. Don't attach your self-confidence to anybody/anything apart from your self ever again.
2. The moment you try to 'prove' that you are a man/man enough is the moment you prove that you are not a man/man enough.
3. Never cheat because your partner cheated.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
Maybe you should consider a groupie. You,
your wife and your flings.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
we have made up our mind to kill, die for Gej
only if he wins there will be peace in Nigeria
gej till 2019
#mend

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by cybug: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
Wonderment shocked
Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by joe4christ2008(m): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
I think you found the answer at the concluding part of your message. God give you the grace to do so. Divorce is never an option. Pray to God for her and both of you should accept Christ as Lord and Saviour. Things will surely fall in place as soon as Christ takes control of your home.

Bless you Friend.
Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Samiceman: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
For the sake of your 5yr old son, leave her

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by sophtaf(f): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2015
Make it work or leave!
Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Kayendy(m): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2015
A cheater, always a cheater.... ur son can always cope... na boy.. imagine ur wife infecting u with STD... will u still forgive her

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2015
Ahba........dis is a thing of d mind. U should be responsible for ur action not people deciding for you..........follow ur heart
Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by GodMode: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2015
82sarahluv:
My wife has cheated on me during a tough time for us. We got back together 2 months ago, but I found out she is still in touch with him. Should I leave her, or have an affair of my own? We have a 5 year old son - this is why I'm not able to consider leaving her easily.
Thanks to all of you who have not jumped on the 'having my own affair' part. I only added this as an option because, her having an affair completely shattered my confidence as a man and is affecting my personal and professional life. I have considered an affair as a way to prove to myself that I can still have a partner if we separate. But now I realize how silly that is. I'm going to try talking it out with her again and resolve this like a man, and hope that will restore confidence in myself.

Don't f:uck her for a while. Go and check the paternity of your child.

16 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by anonimi: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2015
He should leave and NOT bother to re-marry. There are other viable options.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by coldsummer: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2015
LEAVE

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own by YSA06(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2015
Good decision!!! Call her down, talk to her and let her understand that se has to stop it, tell her to save her 5yrs old daughter's future as you two need to be together because of her.

And be prayerful

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Questions Younger Children Ask: Share Yours. / What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? / After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.