Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS (3315 Views)

Names Of Ministerial Nominees In The Second Batch / Nigerian Emerged Second Best In 2013 World Research Competition / Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by Gbawe: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2013
Well done to Aregbesola. Excellent turn-around for a State written off as a "no-hoper" after PDP pillaging. Even the most rabid of Aregbesola hater has to give it up since brutal statistics is concurring that, despite the lies and slander campaign, the man is working. Apparently better than almost all Governors in Nigeria. Keep up the good work Ogbeni.
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=84294

Osun, the second best of the least poverty state in Nigeria – FBS

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of the State of Osun

Eventually, Federal Bureau of Statistics (FBS) has released its result of poverty rating of the states of the federation, and the seat of the caliphate, Sokoto and Katsina states are on top of the poorest states in Nigeria. Take Sunday Punch newspaper of January 6, 2013 for more detail.

It is quite interesting that Osun under Governor Rauf Aregbesola which some elements who have easy access to some media houses have written off as a state that was being powered by propaganda, because according to them, nothing was happening came out as the second best of the least poverty rating list, meaning that Osun is the second best managed state in the entire country.

Let it be known that the bureau that released the information belongs to the Peoples Democratic Party controlled Federal government. Therefore, it has no reason to compromise data for a state like Osun under the control of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), but empirical data obtained from facts and figures could not be hidden.
In the (FBS) online report, Osun, surpassed Lagos, Abuja and all oil producing states, revealing the magic wand of a policy surgeon called Aregbesola to the world. And for those who knew what obtained in Osun before November 2010, the latest report on the state of the virtuous is phenomenal.

[b]As at 2006, Osun had been written off as a state that could make things happen, because the state was been managed on the life-support machine represented by facilities from financial institutions, but things got worse when workers could not get running cost to manage their offices.

At the close of 2007, the state had rolled to the brink of collapse, for no project was on, no policy was operational, but the people in authority then claimed that it was because the government was contending with distractions from election petition tribunal.

However, very few individual politicians of the then ruling party were richer than some local governments in the state, while made-in-China cars were given to politicians and their wives at the expense of the state, the masses were massively cut-off from the government, making people to contend with top list of poverty rating, that was justified by the then authority that ‘Osun is a civil service state’, for it was the economy that was being run by the salaries of the civil servants, which was not up to the deposit of a Lagos branch of any commercial bank.

It got to a stage when Olagunsoye Oyinlola’s regime had to source loan of one billion Naira to augment salaries of the workers alone every month, making provision of social amenities and job opportunities to be history. Even there was a time the governor was asked to provide job for an indigent individual on his monthly media programme tagged OPEN FORUM; he responded that his daughter too, Bukola was looking for job as well.[/b]

So, when the Court of Appeal situated in Ibadan, Oyo state capital pronounced Aregbesola as duly elected governor, the treasury was not only empty, Osun was already suffocating under huge debt of bank loan with two digits interest.
However, Aregbesola had no choice than to tackle the situation, because government is continuum, compelling him to buy out the UBA N18.3 billion loan drawn for pleasure by Oyinlola’s regime through a credit line provided by First bank of Nigeria.

The impossible was made happened when the then new Osun helmsman, in line with his promise to employ 20,000 youth less than 100 days in office. It was so strange that the federal government and the world bank had to quickly dispatch delegations to Osun to understudy the Osun State Youth Empowerment (OYES) scheme.

In a related development, Osun that has no position among the clean states suddenly emerged among the top three of the cleanest states in Nigeria, following the state of emergency declared on environmental sanitation.
Besides, in the recent past, each time flood was being mentioned, Osun must be listed, but when Aregbesola assumed office it was said that his approval was sought for the demolition of hundreds of houses across the state with a view to clearing thoroughfare for water, but Aregbesola brought technology to play by asking earthmoving equipment to move inside steams and rivers for comprehensive dredging and channelization.
By the time rain was falling, the state had been removed from the list of flood prone states, and when flood ravaged over 24 states out of 36 states, Osun was not there, making some affected states to send their field workers to come and understudy how it was curtailed in Osun.

1 Like

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by PaulJohn1: 10:05am On Apr 15, 2013
Good one from Aregbe. Hope he'll complete every projects he started.

Osun A dara!

1 Like

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by Tolexander: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2013
Then we don't need saying Osun a dara again but Osun ti dara!

1 Like

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by vizboy(m): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2013
That is a good leader. We are getting to the top

1 Like

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by PaulJohn1: 10:30am On Apr 15, 2013
Tolexander: Then we don't need saying Osun a dara again but Osun ti dara!

Development is not limited. Osun A dara cool

"Eko oni baje"- but Eko is still developing.
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by kettykings: 10:57am On Apr 15, 2013
This is good news

The problem is how authentic is this information
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by obioraop(m): 11:08am On Apr 15, 2013
ur source is wrong my brother to say osun state is the third cleanest state in the country in it self is lies i live in oshogbo and belive me wen i tel u its a very dirty and un organised place cos for rum . Who has stayed in lagos,enugu, akwaibom,calabar, and even ondo osun is nt even close

2 Likes

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by obioraop(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2013
ur source is wrong my brother to say osun state is the third cleanest state in the country in it self is lies i live in oshogbo and belive me wen i tel u its a very dirty and un organised place cos for sum1 Who has stayed in lagos,enugu, akwaibom,calabar, and even ondo osun is nt even close
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by Gbawe: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2013
kettykings: This is good news

The problem is how authentic is this information

Why are you so disinclined to do even the most basic research for yourself?
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by Temismith(f): 11:33am On Apr 15, 2013
Wen person dey do well, make una dey try encourage am sometimes. Insult and criticism no too good abeg!..Well done!
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by slimming: 11:45am On Apr 15, 2013
Is somehow early to start praise a one term administration for success over a long term project in osun state

1 Like

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by Tolexander: 11:50am On Apr 15, 2013
Paul John:

Development is not limited. Osun A dara cool

"Eko oni baje"- but Eko is still developing.
since ti Osun ti dara, then we should now be saying Osun ko ni baje.

And since Eko is still developing as you said then they should be saying Eko a dara in Lagos state.

We can just make that switch with Lagos now.
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by Tolexander: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2013
Gbawe:

nothing as bad as being naturally disinclined and synthetically refusing to be inclined. Don't waste your God given precious time on that thing again.
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by kettykings: 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
Gbawe:

The Research i have done proves otherwise a state like osun with virtually no meaningful industry except for the machine tool complex , the Dilapidated NITEL exchange in Oshogbo, some few ancestral land marks like the Osun river visited only by yoruba Pagans and some hectares of farm lands of indian hemp, cocoa and poultry farms around ife can not be said to be the state with least poverty even with 2.2 M population , there are states that have much more wealth like a thriving Oil Industry, Aluminium smelter plan , very large expanse of palm , cassava a big fishing industry and a rapid infrastructure growth like Akwa Ibom.

Poverty simply put is the absence of certain amount of material possession or money .
which boils down to Osun state being the state with the least number of people lacking certain amount of material possession or money . which is a blatant lie from the pit of hell if that was the case more people would have migrated to Osun to leverage on the chances of living above poverty level

Osun can not be said to have lower poverty incidence than Akwa Ibom , Bayelsa, delta and Rivers

Dr Yemi Kale should have brought out in details on how he arrived at these figures

3 Likes

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by kettykings: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
Osun state has a budget of 183B over a population of 4,137,627 this gives us a figure of 44224.26 spent by the Government per head

Akwa Ibom has a budget of 459.3 over a population of 4,805,451 this gives us a figure of 95587.92 spent per head

Delta state has a budget of over a population 6,710,214 this gives us a figure of 70342.77 spent per head

while

Balyelsa has a population of 1,998,349 which gives us a figure of 142500 spent per head

Looking at the above figure one can not help but wonder how Dr Yemi Kale arrived at this huge joke , I have been to most parts of Osun state , the large towns of Ife, ilesa , Ede and the capital oshogbo and have been to the rapidly developing states of Akwa Ibom ,Delta and Rivers and the difference is very very clear

1 Like

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by kettykings: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=20pt]The per capita of Osun is lower than that of Bayelsa[/size]

Osun Per capita $2,076 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osun_State

Bayelsa Per capita $2,484 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayelsa_State

1 Like

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by badassnigga(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
obioraop: ur source is wrong my brother to say osun state is the third cleanest state in the country in it self is lies i live in oshogbo and belive me wen i tel u its a very dirty and un organised place cos for rum . Who has stayed in lagos,enugu, akwaibom,calabar, and even ondo osun is nt even close

put on ur glass bruv.
is a medical thing nt ur fault
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by badassnigga(m): 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
kettykings: Osun state has a budget of 183B over a population of 4,137,627 this gives us a figure of 44224.26 spent by the Government per head

Akwa Ibom has a budget of 459.3 over a population of 4,805,451 this gives us a figure of 95587.92 spent per head

Delta state has a budget of over a population 6,710,214 this gives us a figure of 70342.77 spent per head

while

Balyelsa has a population of 1,998,349 which gives us a figure of 142500 spent per head

Looking at the above figure one can not help but wonder how Dr Yemi Kale arrived at this huge joke , I have been to most parts of Osun state , the large towns of Ife, ilesa , Ede and the capital oshogbo and have been to the rapidly developing states of Akwa Ibom ,Delta and Rivers and the difference is very very clear

u need to research on how they arrived at it

man! big budget doesn't translate to gud standard of living if not implemented for d gud of pple.
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by obioraop(m): 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
bad ass nigga if at 21st century u call urself a nigga den its a mental tin and maybe ur fault u talk like a child i stay in osun and i knw the details better dan u
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by FreeGlobe(f): 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
Its a pity that Nigerians will be defrauded by Gbawe, the official ACN peddler of lies. This same stats was discussed exhaustively earlier this year even to the extent of the NBS denouncing the ACN stats. It was discovered that Osun state was indeed among the poorest states in Nigeria. Fastforward 3 months later, Gbawe the shameless ACN peddler of lies, writes an article on the denounced stats praising aregbe to receive his salary. am about to post links. watch out!

5 Likes

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by kettykings: 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
bad_ass_nigga:

u need to research on how they arrived at it

man! big budget doesn't translate to gud standard of living if not implemented for d gud of pple.

if big Budget does not translate to good living then Per Capita Income definitely does
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by seunfly: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
@kettykings
i have always knw ur analysis to be out of ignorance since d day u argued about Ibadan industrial potent, i knew that u did not know much about many state u talk about.

Osun peaple realy don't leave on state budget, their economy is based on agriculture which is cocoa, about 60-70% of the population farm this crop.
Although i realy don't know may be the man is parforming upto standard but it is certain that the guy is far better than Oyinlola.
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by kettykings: 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
seunfly: @kettykings
i have always knw ur analysis to be out of ignorance since d day u argued about Ibadan industrial potent, i knew that u did not know much about many state u talk about.

Osun peaple realy don't leave on state budget, their economy is based on agriculture which is cocoa, about 60-70% of the population farm this crop.
Although i realy don't know may be the man is parforming upto standard but it is certain that the guy is far better than Oyinlola.

Osun state is a top produced of indian hemp

http://allafrica.com/stories/200905150412.html
[size=20pt]Nigeria: Osun State's Indian Hemp Economy[/size]

It was inevitable, perhaps, that it had to come to this. According to news reports, thirty acres of farm land used for the cultivation of indian hemp, with a market value of forty million naira, have been destroyed by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Osogbo, Osun State capital.

The Deputy Governor of the State, Erelu Olusola Obada, who witnessed the destruction lamented that valuable acres of land in the state were being used to cultivate indian hemp instead of staple food crops. For once the obviously bemused deputy governor was talking sense, to an extent. Apart from lamenting, Erelu Obada should ask herself some questions about the effectiveness of the government of which she, is by virtue of her position, a key player.
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by kettykings: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by gramci: 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
FreeGlobe: Its a pity that Nigerians will be defrauded by Gbawe, the official ACN peddler of lies. This same stats was discussed exhaustively earlier this year even to the extent of the NBS denouncing the ACN stats. It was discovered that Osun state was indeed among the poorest states in Nigeria. Fastforward 3 months later, Gbawe the shameless ACN peddler of lies, writes an article on the denounced stats praising aregbe to receive his salary. am about to post links. watch out!

That lousy crook
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by seunfly: 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
kettykings: [size=20pt]Pastor, One Other Arrested With 181 Bags Of Indian Hemp In Osun[/size]

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=78670
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/41983/2012/12/07/pastor_one_other_arrested_181_bags_indian_hemp_osun.html
Yes!!! Can u tell me any state in Nigeria without one crime or the other, is it north with boko haram, east with kidnapers or southsouth with oil bunkering, it is just the reflection of the nation.
By the way how does that relates to the argument above?
Or u just argue 4 bigot sake, if yes then i am out of this place.
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by Odunnu: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
Osundefender is the source of this article. Why wont they defend Osun? isnt that their name? I take this as a joke cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by ayswags2: 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
obioraop: ur source is wrong my brother to say osun state is the third cleanest state in the country in it self is lies i live in oshogbo and belive me wen i tel u its a very dirty and un organised place cos for sum1 Who has stayed in lagos,enugu, akwaibom,calabar, and even ondo osun is nt even close
are u stupid
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by kettykings: 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
seunfly:
Yes!!! Can u tell me any state in Nigeria without one crime or the other, is it north with boko haram, east with kidnapers or southsouth with oil bunkering, it is just the reflection of the nation.
By the way how does that relates to the arguement above?
Or u just argue 4 bigot sake, if yes then i am out of this place.
This is not all about crime this about talking the least poverty rate when in actual case Osun is driven by an Indian Hemp Economy
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by sbeezy8: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
obioraop: ur source is wrong my brother to say osun state is the third cleanest state in the country in it self is lies i live in oshogbo and belive me wen i tel u its a very dirty and un organised place cos for rum . Who has stayed in lagos,enugu, akwaibom,calabar, and even ondo osun is nt even close

WHY DO YOU LIVE IN OSHOGBO THEN?
Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by Gbawe: 7:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
As usual, totally expected turn of events. Submissions from the Federal bureau of statistics put a SW State as haven made significant progress yet guess the folks who are foaming rabidly at the mouth and tearing their own hair out in disagreement when issues should not concern them let alone trouble them. Pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS by FreeGlobe(f): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
Gbawe: As usual, totally expected turn of events. Submissions from the Federal bureau of statistics put a SW State as haven made significant progress yet guess the folks who are foaming rabidly at the mouth and tearing their own hair out in disagreement when issues should not concern them let alone trouble them. Pathetic.
Since you don't want to respect yourself I will disgrace you further. What is this?
https://www.nairaland.com/1174921/nbc-denies-recent-poverty-rating
Show us the federal bureau of statistics that made the SW state a haven you Shameless chronic liar and propagandist. Rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's New Political Power Map / Abia PDP Governor Primaries / Top 20 Corruption Cases And Scandals In Nigeria. 2011-2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.