Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) (103786 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Coming Out Of Aso Villa! Has It Always Been Like This? / President Jonathan Accused Of Owning A $500m Farm In Abuja - The Nation / Why Is Abuja The Capital Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by dothis91: 6:03am On Apr 17, 2013
chai,,,,,,afuja is feautifully
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by sniperliz(f): 8:14am On Apr 17, 2013
I WEEP FOR SOUTH EAST OF NIGERIA. NO DEVELOPMENT
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Litmus: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2013
noso_2004:

As I didn't consider an exchange of post with you will make for an intelligent discussion or an educative one for that matter, I have decided not continue to reply to your posts.

You did not reply because you could not. You provided no rebuttal of worth to Rossikk either. Like Kobo and CAMERO0NPRIDE, possibly your other ID's, you have a tendency to just respond. It is as if you've convinced yourself that any response is the same as having provided a cutting counter argument. It make you come across like a woman deprived of nookie for a long time, no wonder you're obsessed by slowpoke.

like many so-called Nigerians you're overemotional and simply regurgitate the word Corruption. Corruption this, corruption that like a well-trained white man's coon.Nigeria is corrupt because electricity supply is poor. Nigeria is corrupt because of deplorable state of schools, hospital and the other infrastructural indexes. Well North Korea's infrastructure seems great,many Nigerians, it would seem, would die for it(not me) the superstructure is another matter, North Korea is or nearly in the nuclear power club and yet she is below Nigeria in corruption league table. If you equate development of this sort with honesty and transparency, does this simple fact not make you question your assumptions? Zimbabwe is below Nigeria in the corruption league table, she may or may not have a better infrastructure than Nigeria.But Zimbabwe is below Nigeria in the corruption league table. However, Zimbabwe may be there because the WEST is unhappy that Mugabe displaced white farmers. North Korea could be below Nigeria because of her ongoing cold conflict with the West. If so, how credible does that make the indicators of CORRUPTION used to determine the Corruption league table.

You people should learn to think and ask questions don't just mouth off the usual cliches and expect any moderately intelligent individual not to challenge your assumptions.Empiricism is not enough!

Personally Abuja disappoints me a little, the university for such a showcase project is deplorable and epitomizes something i can not put my fingers on without considered thought.The cause may be due to any number of things from exploitation by the foreigners who designed or implemented it to CORRUPT politicians and contractors but there is no proof. There may be other reasons, even other perceptions at play. As I stated, empiricism is not enough.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by noso2004: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2013
@ Litmus. Could you point out where in my post I assumed infrastructure to be the bedrock of honesty and transparency? North Korea as expected would be below in Nigeria in the league table of corrupt countries of course why is that surprising to you?
A quick google research will educate you of the suffering of the people of North Korea.

I am not surprised by you, it seems you have only learned about North Korea simply because the threat of them starting a nuclear war with the south has been popping up on your television screen recently, for someone as knowledgeable as you claimed, to use North Korea as yardstick with Nigeria is quite alarming; I will not go on to educate you as to why we should have never been put on the same standard of measurement with this poverty riddled country, if you are so interested as to why you should look it up yourself.

How could anything be fascinating about North Korea to a Nigerian? You have lost track not just now but long before now, and there we go, using Zimbabwe as a bedrock of infrastructure which equate to honesty and transparency.

You have so been brainwashed to even understand what happens right in front of your nose is a major difficulty, I am not surprised by that, you seems like someone have been educated with the less priviledge and you have never been taught how to reason and research for things independently.

I have visited countries with almost no infrastructures and with a very high standard of living, that is what am talking about, that is what matters to an average Nigerian. You are a waste of my time to be honest
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Litmus: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
noso_2004: @ Litmus. Could you point out where in my post I assumed infrastructure to be the bedrock of honesty and transparency? North Korea as expected would be below in Nigeria in the league table of corrupt countries of course why is that surprising to you?
A quick google research will educate you of the suffering of the people of North Korea.

I am not surprised by you, it seems you have only learned about North Korea simply because the threat of them starting a nuclear war with the south has been popping up on your television screen recently, for someone as knowledgeable as you claimed, to use North Korea as yardstick with Nigeria is quite alarming; I will not go on to educate you as to why we should have never been put on the same standard of measurement with this poverty riddled country, if you are so interested as to why you should look it up yourself.

How could anything be fascinating about North Korea to a Nigerian? You have lost track not just now but long before now, and there we go, using Zimbabwe as a bedrock of infrastructure which equate to honesty and transparency.

You have so been brainwashed to even understand what happens right in front of your nose is a major difficulty, I am not surprised by that, you seems like someone have been educated with the less priviledge and you have never been taught how to reason and research for things independently.

I have visited countries with almost no infrastructures and with a very high standard of living, that is what am talking about, that is what matters to an average Nigerian. You are a waste of my time to be honest

Oh then, it must be my misunderstanding. I thought your argument was one based on the simplistic notion that corruption is the cause of the relative poverty of Nigerians.

BTW

Please, for all you who believe that corruption is the root cause of every ill in Nigeria, note that the cause of my poor education in Nigeria was not due to anyone's corruption, the fault lies primarily with me and those immediately around me.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Phemmy777(m): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
Abuja Pictures has been generating alot of controversy here, its high time we keep reminding ourself , a country is not judge by how beautiful the federal capital is, but how people live in it, have good standard of living, all the money are being pour on beautiful abuja and follow the master plan,but average Nigeria living in poverty, so many graduate looking for job and government is doing nothing..is high time we try our best to call our leader in other,if they take their time to provide what average nigeria needs to survive, and pay attention to all details nigerian needs, like the way the follow abuja master plan... LIFE WILL CHANGE FOR GOOD FOR AVERAGE NIGERIAN,
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by noso2004: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
Litmus:

Oh then, it must be my misunderstanding. I thought your argument was one based on the simplistic notion that corruption is the cause of the relative poverty of Nigerians.

BTW

Please, for all you who believe that corruption is the root cause of every ill in Nigeria, note that the cause of my poor education in Nigeria was not due to anyone's corruption, the fault lies primarily with me and those immediately around me.

Don't erroneously accept responsibility for something you haven't done simply because you are trying to change the perspective of a country's people and or make a point.

The fact is that, corruption, substandard education, greed, and so many things is associated to Nigeria's failure, of which corruption is the bedrock of these calamities either you accept it or not is entirely up to you. They have just had election in Malta in which a party that has not been in power for more than a decade has just been re-elected back into power, The elected prime minister during the campaign promised to abolished immunity for anyone in government as it's presence does nothing other than encourage everyone and anyone to be involved with corruption.

Do you know of any major country and or democratic one for that matter, that has immunity for anyone in government? It is shocking however, that you know so much than the average Nigerians who understand their suffering and know corruption is a major problem standing in the way of developing Nigeria.

I am not emotionally affected perhaps one could say in the past I have been, it's got absolutely nothing to do with me the state of the country, one thing for sure though; we will only experience change when people of your thinking are at a record low in the community.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Symphony007: 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile: A very drab, souless and colorless city. A colossal waste of resources...

What's in that lifless place anyways? You are on the second page and already recycling the same ugly pictures...

smh.....
you this fashola's lap dog, anything that does not have his signature on it you'll pour curses on.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Symphony007: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Rossikk: We don't believe you. Was it not you that was hyping up every picture of Lagos I posted a few days ago, praising the infrastructural strides made there in post after post? A couple of days later the Uyo thread came up which you rubbished, and now Abuja to you is "ugly". Tell us something. Do you actually think Lagos is more beautiful than Abuja? If your answer is yes, keep deluding yourself. Abuja is 20 times more beautiful and better planned than Lagos. Sorry if that hurts your ethnic pride, as we know that is all that keeps you going, while the rest of the country "means nothing to you" to quote your own words.
don't mind our good friend. He's fashola's lap dog. Anything other than lagos is an abormination to him.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Pius007: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
Abuja is a beautiful city no doubt, but I don't know if you have visited the National Stadium recently and see how bushy it is. Nice picture though.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pius007: Abuja is a beautiful city no doubt, but I don't know if you have visited the National Stadium recently and see how bushy it is. Nice picture though.

The National Stadium Abuja has been undergoing full-scale maintenance and upgrades since January 2013 till date.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
Rossikk:

The National Stadium Abuja has been undergoing full-scale maintenance and upgrades since January 2013 till date.

The renovation exercise will soon be completed.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2013

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
@ Eko ile. Abeg naaa....Free this Abuja thread. You don try. I pray for the day we have at least 6 cities as serene and as developed as Abuja.....That will be the day.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by mallorca(m): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
Abuja is very beautiful

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Litmus: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
noso_2004:
Don't erroneously accept responsibility for something you haven't done simply because you are trying to change the perspective of a country's people and or make a point.

would love to change the perspective of many Nigerians

noso_2004:
The fact is that, corruption, substandard education, greed, and so many things is associated to Nigeria's failure, of which corruption is the bedrock of these calamities either you accept it or not is entirely up to you.

One minute, you're not blaming corruption for everything and the next you are, make up your mind.

noso_2004:
They have just had election in Malta in which a party that has not been in power for more than a decade has just been re-elected back into power, The elected prime minister during the campaign promised to abolished immunity for anyone in government as it's presence does nothing other than encourage everyone and anyone to be involved with corruption.

I presume then that before the Maltese elected the new party into government, government was immune from prosecution. This is currently the case in Nigeria however, like Malta a day will come when a Nigerian party PROMISES to abolish immunity from prosecution for anyone in government.

I presume also that Malta was not a cesspit of corruption when people in government were immune from prosecution. Meaning, what does sovereign immunity have to do with corruption. In other words, humans will manipulate any given situation or thing. The things in themselves aren't inherently corrupt. This i know is the argument of the gun lobby but you get my point. Oh, wait, since you need everything explained, i am all for abolishing immunity from prosecution for anyone in government or anywhere else for that matter and i am against guns too, but the point remains salient.

noso_2004:
Do you know of any major country and or democratic one for that matter, that has immunity for anyone in government? It is shocking however, that you know so much than the average Nigerians who understand their suffering and know corruption is a major problem standing in the way of developing Nigeria.

The American Federal Tort Claims Act for me is so weak and convoluted that the government may as well be immune to prosecution. Moreover, if like Malta one day the elected party in Nigeria chose to make changes, i wonder if you would be happy if like the United States they simply chooses to waiver sovereign immunity when it suits them. That is, the power lies in their own hands.

noso_2004:
I am not emotionally affected perhaps one could say in the past I have been, it's got absolutely nothing to do with me the state of the country, one thing for sure though; we will only experience change when people of your thinking are at a record low in the community.

Actually, people of my thinking are a record low in Nigeria and people of your thinking form the majority, which is why things may turn from bad to worst. You have no imagination and lack understanding of Realpolitik of which the MEDIA is a great servant of Western political interest in this regard.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
ba7man: @ Eko ile. Abeg naaa....Free this Abuja thread. You don try. I pray for the day we have at least 6 cities as serene and as developed as Abuja.....That will be the day.
Don't mind him. He's sick in the head. Abuja is not Yorubaland, so he hates it. Utterly transparent and nasty.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Biafradiplomat: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
sniperliz: I WEEP FOR SOUTH EAST OF NIGERIA. NO DEVELOPMENT
What have you done in your own little way to change the so called lack of development in the south east? Nnewi people single handedly developed industrial town from out of a little backwater village. Abriba people contributed immensely among other Igbos to build up Aba into an industrial and commercial city, the same dynamic is applied to Onitsha. Individuals like you and me! Lagos was developed by the Federal government, FDI, Igbos, Yorubas and other Nigerians, Ditto Abuja where oil money is being lavished with reckless abandon. How many projects aside from police stations are sited in the South East? can you point any good house not to talk of factory built by any Yoruba or Hausa man in the S.E? But there is hardly any street in Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Kaduna and other major cities in the North and West that you would not see Igbo investments. Recently I saw in daily sun, a wealthy Igbo returnee who said he has concluded arrangement to build a large bottling company in Ogun state! I read this and I was ashamed. This is not an isolated case, our generation is leaving in illusion that Nigeria is one, we pride ourselves to be wise but we behave like clowns!
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
Litmus: actually, people of my thinking are a record low in Nigeria and people of your thinking form the majority, which is why things may turn from bad to worst. You have no imagination and lack understanding of Realpolitik of which the MEDIA is a great servant of Western political interest in this regard.

This part, I love....the foreign media keeps hammering 'CORRUPTION' into the heads of Africans (like corrupt Government is not everywhere) and this has prevented Africans from seeing the real problem that is staring them in the face! this has made the problems facing africa unsolved for years, and I'm afraid it will continue in this backward manner until the mindset is changed. Unfortunately, most Africans are bred in inferiority complex and they've been taught to believe everything that a white man says. Pity! Sometimes I just wish I have the power to just turn the mindset of Africans around to make them see that their attitudes is what is bringing the country down not leaders.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Litmus: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2013
speedyboi:

This part, I love....the foreign media keeps hammering 'CORRUPTION' into the heads of Africans (like corrupt Government is not everywhere) and this has prevented Africans from seeing the real problem that is staring them in the face! this has made the problems facing africa unsolved for years, and I'm afraid it will continue in this backward manner until the mindset is changed. Unfortunately, most Africans are bred in inferiority complex and they've been taught to believe everything that a white man says. Pity! Sometimes I just wish I have the power to just turn the mindset of Africans around to make them see that their attitudes is what is bringing the country down not leaders.

Thank you for putting it so succinctly .
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by justsaypeter001(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2013
Waooooooooooo! U reminded me of the days I spent there. I'm still going back there anyway. I have tired of Lagos.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by phantom(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
justsaypeter001: Waooooooooooo! U reminded me of the days I spent there. I'm still going back there anyway. I have tired of Lagos.
dude easy on the grammar abeg.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:01am On May 08, 2013
Cool
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Blamaco11: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2013
Abuja is an example of what Nigerians can do, when they put their heart into it. Sadly some slum born and raised slum-dwellers think that that slums is the true Nigerian reality.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Blamaco11: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2013
ndiofeajoka:

cheesy cheesy because it represents something like those countries!
Architecture speaks a lot. You just need to listen. Abuja represents something that cannot self-sustain. undecided
It dies the day Nigeria dies!

You are just waxing lyrical....the over intelligent Nigerian, that misses the point altogether, but take heart, history is littered with naysayers like you.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Blamaco11: 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
bloggernaija: A soulless city. Just like Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom , Abuja lacks character and is nothing but an emblem of waste and corruption. A capital city that has no correlation to the plight of its people.no wonder it empties out on weekends and during public holiday.
While China , Korea ,Thailand ,Taiwan ,Singapore ,UAE,Indonesia,Malaysia ,chile ,even Ghana etc where busy gearing up and retooling for the 21st century, nigeria was busy building a mirage.a so called showpiece.
Even brasil stopped wasting money on brazilia (the capital from which the Abuja was copied) and concentrated on where the true wealth of the country was made , kept and people lived.camberra (another show piece capital)was not created at the expense of the other cities.
Let us just keep deceiving ourselves .
The thieves have built themselves a fort and have thrown away the keys

You keep deceiving yourself....the rest of us are marching on.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Blamaco11: 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
Eko Ile: A very drab, souless and colorless city. A colossal waste of resources...

What's in that lifless place anyways? You are on the second page and already recycling the same ugly pictures...

smh.....

I beg keep quiet, the city is not even 50 years old, typical naija, always having a moan, Mr so so so and so finds fault.....he said the sea too salt.

which one you do?

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by ejiyke2007(m): 2:20am On Aug 26, 2013
nice
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by TechyGuy: 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
@Rossikk,

Thanks for this thread. Abuja remains one of few places I desire to live in Nigeria.
For now, I'm stuck in traffic in Lagos with all these agberos left right and center. Won't wind down by any chance in traffic so as not to be robbed in broad day light.

I will steal any opportunity to leave Lagos, my company brought me here and is keeping me here for now, I have to bear.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
TechyGuy: @Rossikk,

Thanks for this thread. Abuja remains one of few places I desire to live in Nigeria.
For now, I'm stuck in traffic in Lagos with all these agberos left right and center. Won't wind down by any chance in traffic so as not to be robbed in broad day light.

I will steal any opportunity to leave Lagos, my company brought me here and is keeping me here for now, I have to bear.

I feel your pain sad sad sad
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Blamaco11: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
aasog1: Rossik is the only guy who makes Nigeria fell like a real country, and not all the Negative rubbish its been painted as. I wish the Nigerian press can temper their negative outcries and do something similar....Like I said, GEJ should employ this guy....Not all those f**ktards who cant even spell, and who curse everyone who ask logical questions from them; but since the president is a total racist, I wish him the best with those his village people working for him. Nice one bro!

How is the President a racist? believe me, this is one honest question! Please enlighten me.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rossikki: 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
TechyGuy: @Rossikk,

Thanks bro.. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From President Buhari's Anambra Visit & APC Governorship Rally / Governor Wike Constructs Iron To Block Boundary Between Rivers & Abia / Asari Dokubo Surrounded By Soldiers In Rivers State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.