Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) (104361 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Coming Out Of Aso Villa! Has It Always Been Like This? / President Jonathan Accused Of Owning A $500m Farm In Abuja - The Nation / Why Is Abuja The Capital Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by chucky234(m): 9:32am On Apr 16, 2013
Ishsoph: @ Op this is really a breathless chase. was actually in Ceddi plaza this morning, precisely at GNC to get my mum her agingwell food suppliment which i'v waybilled already. Lol you also captured my office(from where am typing presently). In all, you did justice in the capturing cos you virtually got 60% of Abuja(I could title it "Abuja at a glance" though). BRAVO!
Funny, oya bring your head out of your office window let's see you to confirm that you actually work there, remember to tag your moniker on your chest ooo.
lol

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by JimmyBoy1: 9:33am On Apr 16, 2013
The world's capital of corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by gen2briz(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2013
I beg is this picture from good governance committee report
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by idrisjunior(m): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2013
Abuja is rily nice...
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rooneyboy(m): 9:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Are we expected to start clapping or what
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by mildteddy(m): 9:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Judging with the amount of money that pours into that TOWN yearly, I find NOTHING spectacular about Abuja. NOTHING!

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by kufreabasi(m): 9:38am On Apr 16, 2013
so this is where our oil money is being kept? and our roads remain untarred
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by raynold(m): 9:39am On Apr 16, 2013
I can see my house from the 3rd pic..lol... y karimo no de here....
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by RedLight1: 9:42am On Apr 16, 2013
thanks rossik
i love this dude #nohomo
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by chucky234(m): 9:42am On Apr 16, 2013
Some peeps were saying Lagos is more beautiful in the Lagos thread but I know for sure that many of them haven't been to Abj and that was why I kept mute, in terms of size my Lagos is unrivalled but Abj takes the lead when it comes to beauty,though some places in Ikoyi,Lekki/Ajah peninsula,Victoria Island beats anything Abuja has to offer but Abuja is more organised and well articulated.
Abuja is amazing when you take a skyview of the city from a tall building,especially the Aboki feels and touches here and there, awesome.
If the Beauty of Banana Island,Parkview,Dolphin,VGC and Lekki were spread to other parts of Lagos then Abuja would have look nothing but Ajegunle compare to my Lasgidi,until then Abuja leads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:43am On Apr 16, 2013
Let me add mine... grin grin
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 16, 2013
chucky234: Funny, oya bring your head out of your office window let's see you to confirm that you actually work there, remember to tag your moniker on your chest ooo.
lol

Lol for u @ Chucky234. My office is actually air-tight(has a make-shift window design though), so I aint sticking my head out without breaking the damn glass which will triger off the fire alarm.

To confirm if I actually work here? As in for real! Do I need the validation of you or any nairalander to prove me right? I care less bro!

3 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by DoffMan2: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
To be fair, it's been only 22 years since IBB officially moved the Seat of govt to Abuja. With the ongoing plans for a World Trade Centre and other recreational facilities, I believe the Abuja environment will be more bubbly than today.

You go wait taya. Even Ughelli go foam b4 Abuja will think of bubbling!

Any fool with a bottomless pit of petro- dollars can employ people to build a city a hundred times more superior than Abuja. Imagine the impact it would have made to the lives of Nigerians if all those trillions of dollars spent on Abuja were spent on our power generation and distribution system, water and health care?!

So, only our leaders deserve to live like sane people?

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 9:57am On Apr 16, 2013
Jimmy Boy: The world's capital of corruption.
You must be mistaking Abuja for Washingon DC or London. More corruption occurs in those cities in one hour than happens in Abuja in a year.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by DoffMan2: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2013
Eko Ile:

^^^^^^^ Main Uni in the same ugly federal capital. This is your reality.

Exactly my point! No cost is spared in places were our leaders frequent. However, when it comes to the university where non of their kids will ever go to, see how awful it is.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by DoffMan2: 10:01am On Apr 16, 2013
Rossikk: You must be mistaking Abuja for Washingon DC or London. More corruption occurs in those cities in an hour than happens in Abuja in a year.

Big lie, and you know it grin
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by pato405(m): 10:01am On Apr 16, 2013
But why can't these pulchritudinous developments be replicated in other states? grin grin grin grin must it be Abuja and/or Lagos. How will Nigeria rank among the first world nations when there's inordinate focus on these two cities... angry angry

As much as these pictures are beautiful, they are a true (but sad) reflection of the prevailing inequalities, the dichotomy, yawning chasm and abysmal gap between the rich and the poor. An attempt to create the phantasmagoria of the Nigerian elites (& political rogues) to the ludicrous spite of the impecunious.

Rossik or whatever you are called, you deserve public trashing grin grin

anyway, just keep them coming... undecided

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

Big lie, and you know it grin
Actually it is you who needs to educate yourself on what's really going on in the world.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2013
Please don't let us compare Abuja to Lagos o, eko ile, stop trying disrupt this beautiful thread.

Abuja remains one of the finest cities in Africa, withing some more years if the Govt puts a little discipling in their governance it would be a city to die for.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by goldng: 10:04am On Apr 16, 2013
Interesting...
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by goodgood2(m): 10:06am On Apr 16, 2013
bloggernaija: A soulless city. Just like Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom , Abuja lacks character and is nothing but an emblem of waste and corruption. A capital city that has no correlation to the plight of its people.no wonder it empties out on weekends and during public holiday.
While China , Korea ,Thailand ,Taiwan ,Singapore ,UAE,Indonesia,Malaysia ,chile ,even Ghana etc where busy gearing up and retooling for the 21st century, nigeria was busy building a mirage.a so called showpiece.
Even brasil stopped wasting money on brazilia (the capital from which the Abuja was copied) and concentrated on where the true wealth of the country was made , kept and people lived.camberra (another show piece capital)was not created at the expense of the other cities.
Let us just keep deceiving ourselves .
The thieves have built themselves a fort and have thrown away the keys
Isn't it the height of stupidity? Most of our earnings have been used to make abuja look like European cities, while the rest of Nigeria have been left to look like pre-historic cities.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2013
pato405: But why can't these pulchritudinous developments be replicated in other states? grin grin grin grin must it be Abuja and/or Lagos. How will Nigeria rank among the first world nations when there's inordinate focus on these two cities... angry angry

As much as these pictures are beautiful, they are a true (but sad) reflection of the prevailing inequalities, the dichotomy, yawning chasm and abysmal gap between the rich and the poor. An attempt to create the phantasmagoria of the Nigerian elites (& political rogues) to the ludicrous spite of the impecunious.

Shouldn't you direct your query to the state governments? It's not the federal govt's job to fix their cities. If you look at Abuja, there's really not much that was spent on it. It just enjoys enlightened development. They build roads and have pedestrian sidewalks with covered drainage etc. and they plant grass in open spaces. They build public parks that are well maintained. All that doesn't cost multi-million dollars. State govts until recently just built roads with no thought for aesthetics, with open gutters and sandy sides etc. Now they're doing better. It's not all about money, but enlightenment.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by DoffMan2: 10:09am On Apr 16, 2013
pato405: But why can't these pulchritudinous developments be replicated in other states? grin grin grin grin must it be Abuja and/or Lagos. How will Nigeria rank among the first world nations when there's inordinate focus on these two cities... angry angry

You seem not to understand the nigerian mentality. The case of Abuja is like the case of the rich man from a poverty stricken village who constructs a road that links his house to the main road or highway, so that he can drive in and out from the city in comfort and every other person be damned.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by caesaraba(m): 10:10am On Apr 16, 2013
speedyboi: ABJ Rocks! Rossick, please stop replying these lunatics.

EKO ILE, please speak for yourself in all your posts. thanks. Abuja residents do have sentimental attachments to the city.....we are not just jobless enough to carry it on our foreheads, Atleast like Lagosians do. Your love for Lagos has blinded you. Oh! you think life starts and ends in your overhyped Lagos abi? Sorry, I'm not bored here......and i really detest the kinda 'gragra' life in Lagos; that's why I can't even dream of living in Lagos. You need to know, not all Nigerians have your taste...
Coming from a Lagosian, I can tell your definition of a 'lifeful' city is 'madness'. And your definition of 'lifeless city is definitely a 'sane city'.
Thank God anyways that Fashola is gradually bringing sanity back to Lagos.

God bless you! Help me tell these omo lasgidis with little or no brains. They rate everything according to the ability to do gragra albeit drowning in ignorance of outstanding magnitudes. I just pity most of them if Fashola completes the Lagos of his dreams, cos most of these folks can't survive in an atmosphere that has relative orderliness. Pity.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by DoffMan2: 10:11am On Apr 16, 2013
Rossikk: Actually it is you who needs to educate yourself on what's really going on in the world.

Yes, American and British are corrupt MoFos while Nigerians are saints.
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by RedLight1: 10:17am On Apr 16, 2013
Rossikk:

Comparing Abuja to the village of Milton Keynes is a gross insult. Kindly retract.

What exactly does it mean for a place to ''lack character''? It's one of those terms bandied about that signify little. Washington DC is the US capital. It's a very serene city, not bubbly like NY or LA. Not every city has to be bubbly and congested to be worthy.

Name us ONE city that is an emblem of decency, probity and honesty.

What did you expect? A capital city filled with slums, in order to reflect what you consider to be the ''plight of the people''?

It only ''empties out'' in your head.

There we go again. What foreigners do is always better than what Nigerians do.

You forgot to list Paris, Milan, New York, Rome, Genoa, Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston.

Ghana was doing what?

First of all Abuja was not ''copied'' from Brasilia any more than Lagos was 'copied' from London. Just because both cities were purpose-built does not imply that one was ''copied'' from the other. They both have very different masterplans and objectives for their development.

Why don't you start by labelling yourself a thief? Afterall you are living middle class and surfing online while your countrymen are 'starving'. Kindly return all the money you stole to do all that. (Surely you don't think you have the monopoly on blindly labelling other Nigerians 'thieves'?)

1 billion likes

1 Like

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

Yes, American and British are corrupt MoFos while Nigerians are saints.
Aren't you a Nigerian? So how much have you stolen today?
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by alumnidoggz(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2013
alumnidoggz: jeans no dey ever fit chinko.i dey wonder why?
Rossikk:

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by DoffMan2: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2013
Rossikk: Aren't you a Nigerian? So how much have you stolen today?

Just a little bit above what YOU stole!
Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

Just a little bit above what YOU stole!
So you agree you are a thief. Why point fingers instead of ending your own criminality?

4 Likes

Re: Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 16, 2013
A beautiful modern day city no doubt. But does a tree make a forest? Is Abuja a reflection of Nigeria? It doesn't represent the ancient cities of Benin, Ibadan or archaic cities of Aba, Umuahia or Katsina.
Abuja = Delusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Temitope Adunni Akinsanya: House Built By MC Oluomo's Wife / Olufemi Olu-kayode Confirms Audu's Death / See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.