Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music (14155 Views)

Naija Hip Hop Of Old / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 16, 2013
The only hip hop artist worth his salt right now is NAS.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Reelsteel: 11:28am On Apr 16, 2013
baslone: The music business hate me 'cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me And the music I be making
I dumb down for my audience And double my dollars
They criticize me for it Yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold Truth be told I'd probably be Lyrically Taliban Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did five Mil, I ain't been rhyming like Common since
When your sense got that much in common And you been hustling since
Your inception Bleep perception Go with what makes sense
Since I know what I'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most important And I can't help the poor if I'm one of them
So I got rich and gave back To me that's the win, win

The next time you see the homie and his rims spin Just know my mind is working just like them

Moment of clarity..
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by decepticos(m): 11:45am On Apr 16, 2013
"hip-hop is dead"-Nas
"hip-hop lives" - KRS-ONE.
Constant arguements will persist as to the way present day hiphop is perceived. A good friend of the B.I.G once said "listening to greats like Rakim, KRS ONE, Slick rick, and kool g rap, one feels like he wete in grad school, but today's rap felt too elementary"- R.A the Rugged man, well its true, exclude a few of todays rappers like kendrick lamar as a lot have mentioned it then becomes hard for someone like me to listen to songs from new cats. I still and keep searching for old and new works from the likes of;
The Wu tang clan
Common
Big daddy kane
Kool G Rap
Pharoahe Monch
Yasin bey aka Mosdef
Rakim
Guru of Gangstarr
Tech n9ne
Talib kweli and much more,
its at times disheartening that those of us who do not like Rick Ross' rather irrelevant style of hiphop are called haters, and how ppl who would love nothing but to slap Drake if not for anything at all but for taking a jab at Common, who single handedly made Ice cube surrender. hiphop accordind to KRS isnt just d music though but street everything from slang to business. I stick with older heads and whenever a new song piques my interest like Traum diggs 5th avenue flow, and Tito Lopez's the blues i pick em up.

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Braincheck: 11:48am On Apr 16, 2013
druid06: Nas, the only dude that never went commercial and still keeping it real. Snoop dog/lion or whatever he's called now went commercial. Heck, the dude is about to release his own raggae album ( I think he's going through some midlife crisis..lol.. )... Fity followed the bliss and the fame then got covered by it all. Eminem is still keeping it real but also gone commercial. I never really liked Jay-Z kind of music apart from Death of Autotune and Blue-Magic, he's always talking about the money and fame. Kanye west is an arrogant fool, I hate that bastard with every inch of my being. RickRoss was original when he first came out but now every word that spews from his mouth is trash. The nigga is always like '' I got 12 lambogini's and shi-t''.. True story is that the dude is broke as f-uck... Rakim, king of rap, was even better than biggie and pac.

U made mad sense wit ur comment but jus 4kd up everything wit ur last line. Man who d 4k is Rakim compared 2 Pac??damn nigg u high or what??
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Itcharles(m): 11:50am On Apr 16, 2013
To every artiste,there are" highs and lows" time.once in a while u Will see an artiste u regarded with high esteem producing wack music and u will say,'I thought u wer better than this'....but there are times u will notice even the worst artiste making music whose quality are out of this world.personally I don't av favorite artiste.I listen to all of them.if ur music is good,u will remain in my playlist but if u are bad, sorry u are out.that not withstanding,there are still very good hiphop artiste in our time.guys like jcole,childish gambino, Ryan Leslie,Lupe fiasco,ludacris, drake,BoB,Yelawolf,and my boy TI are still very good.there are times that Rick Ross,lilwayne,French Montana,Nicky minaj,etc still make good hiphop music and I listen to them sometime put them on repeat.my submission is that hiphop is not death but that what the artiste sings is what the generation whats.#justcantstopplayinghiphop.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by BashMe1(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2013
Gen2jaynee: even if change z constant let CHANGE b 4 GOOD
[size=20pt]
of course ur right and again i can hit ma chest and say despite d influx of the said bad contemporary songs, u can and cud still recognise gud songs out of which when u come across one... no be so? [/size]
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by almaliki: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2013
What present Rappers fail 2 realize is dat rap is an artistic combination of beatz rhymes and poetry....early rappers of d 90's did it 4 d love and passion of the art.....but present day rappers do it 4 d money n fame.....all well hiphop/rap music died & got buried a long while ago......though some underground kats stll keep it real......black hippy crew(jay rock,Kendrick lamar, ab-soul & school boy Q) gives me a reason 2 listen 2 present day rap music.....90's rap remains timeless......!...way back in d 90's d competition was stiff....ur game had 2 be really tight in order 2 be relevant...but now...there ain't no competition.......Mc's n fem'c's....had 2 fight 4 their bragging rights....but now it's all bullshit......!.

I still stick my earbuds 2 a few real rap music faithfuls who keep it real underground......

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by dczieta: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2013
We as rappers must decide what's most important And I can't help the poor if I'm one of them

The next time you see the homie and his rims spin Just know my mind is working just like them

choi i just died i your arms 2nite
SONG OF LIFE!!!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by BarneyStinlEsS(m): 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2013

It's the Jigga man,Hov,the boss of rap Jay Z.I love him anyday
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by BarneyStinlEsS(m): 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
There are only few artistes worth buying their albums..they are (1)Jay Z.(2).Kanye West.(3)Kendrick Lamar.(4)Nas.(5)Joe Cole....I think that right now,Lil Wayne is a horrible rapper,Drake don't rap concious themes any longer because he got rich,Lupe Fiasco isn't taking the rap game that serious,T.I is deranged
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
Braincheck:

U made mad sense wit ur comment but jus 4kd up everything wit ur last line. Man who d 4k is Rakim compared 2 Pac??damn nigg u high or what??

Everyone has his/her own preference. For me, I prefer Rakim over Pac and Biggie anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Georgesmartt(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
Kendrick Lamar and Lupe fiasco are d dominant figures in my play list dis dayz...not forgetting my all time favorites like Nas, Eminem, Talib kwali, Wu than clan, 2pac, immortal technique and T.I. Am a Hip hop lover but seriously there are lots of thrash called songs dis days. Talib kwali said " watch d Lyrics you hear"
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by TrackCee: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
milehigh06: What is hip hop and what is rap music?
They are different genres but sonehow inter-lock but that does not make them same
RAP ARTIST
2pac
Biggie
Eric sermon
Methical
Redman
Ice cube
Bun b
Can I Bus
Bus-a-bus (busta rhymes)

Rakimm
Nas
Dem plenty abeg

hiphop
Lilwayne
Drake
2chainnnnz (I cant stand dat piece of thrash)
Infact all supposed rappers apart from Nasiru

You have it mixed up, you're inaccurate and missing the concept.

To set your record straight- Hip Hop is a 'Culture'. Within Hip Hop culture is the genre of music called 'Rap'.
Graffiti, Disc Jockeying, and 'Break Dancing' are also components of the Hip Hop culture.

While both terms are often used interchangeably, they do not mean the same thing. Neither are they "different genres but sonehow inter-lock" as you state.

If you are going to categorize as you have done, then i think what you meant to do was have the first list as "Hip Hop artists" and the second as "Rappers"

Reason being the first group (for the most part) embody the Hip Hop culture, and it channels through their songs, while the second group for the most part just spew rap punchlines with little to no depth.

2 Likes

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dear hiphop by bizzle http:///K2A0GbdLdG
Listen if u can
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Track Cee:

You have it mixed up, inaccurate and missing the concept.

To set your record straight- Hip Hop is a 'Culture'. Within Hip Hop culture is the genre of music called 'Rap'.
Graffiti, Disc Jockeying, and 'Break Dancing' are also components of the Hip Hop culture.

While both terms are often used interchangeably, they do not mean the same thing. Neither are they "different genres but sonehow inter-lock" as you state.

If you are going to categorize as you have done, then i think what you meant to do was have the first list as "Hip Hop artists" and the second as "Rappers"

Reason being the first group (for the most part) embody the Hip Hop culture, and it channels through their songs, while the second group for the most part just spew rap punchlines with little to no depth.

Absolutely right.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Notfree: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
HIP HOP is dead...murdered by Lil Wayne, Young Money crew are the casket bearers.
We will always cherished the legacy left for us by the three BIG: BIG Pun,BIG L and Notorious BIG. The Game was good until my Boss;JAY Z step aside, NAS still rocking but his knowledge is far beyond wat dis generation can understand.
One thing remain true,HIP HOP is a generational game, too bad d leaders of the present generation are wack MC.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by werindey1: 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Is Mad Cow the same MAD COW OF UI ? i Mean that Black Dude that fathered TWO kids from different chicks when we were at U.I? That Nigga that smokes weed and top it up with cigerette first thing in the Morning? just been wondering oooo....
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by werindey1: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
Is Mad Cow the same MAD COW OF UI ? i Mean that Black Dude that fathered TWO kids from different chicks when we were at U.I? That Nigga that smokes weed and top it up with cigerette first thing in the Morning? just been wondering oooo....
Mad Cow:
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
The hip-hop of this generation moved underground when the Jews and record label executives hijacked culture and started promoting shyte-pop...

If you're a hip-hip head, underground hip-hop is the best music for you..
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by samuelkew(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
If there are no listeners who encourage them they would b wise but almost all of us are buried in irrationalities. They know that people now care for beat and not the sense within. I prefer calling them famous noise makers. However, they make money from our gullibility and credulity.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
Kendrick Lemar, Wale, J. Cole, Schoolboy Q, Joey Badazz, Astro(from xfactor) etc. are still bringing the heat...

And old school dons like Nas, Common Sense, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, D'block etc. are still rapping as well...

Just be more selective with your choice of music...
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Timsilver(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
BarneySt@inl£$S:
There are only few artistes worth buying their albums..they are (1)Jay Z.(2).Kanye West.(3)Kendrick Lamar.(4)Nas.(5)Joe Cole....I think that right now,Lil Wayne is a horrible rapper,Drake don't rap concious themes any longer because he got rich,Lupe Fiasco isn't taking the rap game that serious,T.I is deranged

Damn, it's J Cole!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by DICKtator: 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
1ndidi2:

Poetic justice kiss
WAIT!!!
You listen to rap? shocked shocked shocked shocked
daz lovely!!!!
Feeling "Backseat Freestyle @ the moment
cool cool cool cool

grin grin grin grin
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
DICKtator: Kendrick Lamar

daz all...............

grin grin grin grin
wallahi, you understand what's up. Kendrick Lamar na the koko, he's the only rapper worth listening to now.

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by Memphis357(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
druid06: I feel you dude, you just described how I feel about the way rap/hip-hop is.. Too many fakes out there with their wack lyrics. All they talk about is fu0cking bitches, making money and getting high. Heck, one M.C even rapped about having the biggest d-ick so he could fu0ck the world in 72hrs.. WTF is that?? hahaha..lol.... I've switched genre and I'm more into slow rock and maybe once in a while listen to my old rap albums. Hip-hop is dead. It's prime was in the 80's, died in the 90's from then on, it was all just trash.
Naaaa,son!!! Hip Hop in the 90's was the golden era. That decade produced the albums that change the tide of hip hop. Albums like "The Chronic", "Ready To Die", "Doggystyle", "Illmatic", "A Low End Theory", "Vol.2 Hard Knock Life",etc. Men!!! That was the year!
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by yarcs(m): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
[b][/b] i'm trending with kendric lamar and drizzy drake this days, because all them other people are only good in expressing thier erotic life i.e lil wayne, nicki, nd some MMG tracks. Before i waz a die hard fan of wizzy, but now i get hope say olamide fit stand am with his yoruba flows. . .
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by druid06(m): 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
Memphis357:
Naaaa,son!!! Hip Hop in the 90's was the golden era. That decade produced the albums that change the tide of hip hop. Albums like "The Chronic", "Ready To Die", "Doggystyle", "Illmatic", "A Low End Theory", "Vol.2 Hard Knock Life",etc. Men!!! That was the year!

We're still on the same wavelength. If you could have taken time to read where I mentioned '' hip-hop died in the 90's and from there on till date, the rap songs that were being produced were trash''.
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by yumsty: 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
aronbillz: dats why y'al shud stick to nas,dat dude is timeless
dont say..dude's a freakn genius
Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by 1ndidi2(f): 2:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
DICKtator:
WAIT!!!
You listen to rap? shocked shocked shocked shocked
daz lovely!!!!
Feeling "Backseat Freestyle @ the moment
cool cool cool cool

grin grin grin grin

Yea. BUt my brothers dont embarassedI wish they did*
I get goose bumps @some o' d lyrics and beats. I started with dr.dre feat snoop D(still dre)used to be ma ringtone

In the voice of nicklemore"rap is f***ing awesome" wink

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Of Our Generation Is Totally Mad And Too Silly To Be Called Music by yumsty: 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
druid06: I feel you dude, you just described how I feel about the way rap/hip-hop is.. Too many fakes out there with their wack lyrics. All they talk about is fu0cking bitches, making money and getting high. Heck, one M.C even rapped about having the biggest d-ick so he could fu0ck the world in 72hrs.. WTF is that?? hahaha..lol.... I've switched genre and I'm more into slow rock and maybe once in a while listen to my old rap albums. Hip-hop is dead. It's prime was in the 80's, died in the 90's from then on, it was all just trash.
aiyyo hip hop aint dead it just went 'underground'.go figure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido - Risky Mp3 Download Audio / Efe – I Love You (Video) / Burna Boy – Pull Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.