Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? (2563 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode / Christian Or Muslim ? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 10:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
I
don't even know the difference any more, because i see more anti God
topics on this forum than the ones that actually talks about God that we
can learn as Christians and encourage each other as iron shapens iron.

So my question is this, is this a Christian or an atheist forum, so if i
am in the wrong section i can find my way to the right place?
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by turnstoner(m): 11:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T: I
don't even know the difference any more, because i see more anti God
topics on this forum than the ones that actually talks about God that we
can learn as Christians and encourage each other as iron shapens iron.

So my question is this, is this a Christian or an atheist forum, so if i
am in the wrong section i can find my way to the right place?

Sorry, dude.
Its neither a christian nor atheist forum.

Its the Religion section grin

6 Likes

Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
turnstoner:

Sorry, dude.
Its neither a christian nor atheist forum.

Its the Religion section grin

Am i missing something, the last time i checked atheists do not believe in religion nor God?
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by turnstoner(m): 6:57am On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Am i missing something, the last time i checked atheists do not believe in religion nor God?

Right.
In this section we discuss belief and non-belief, see?

1 Like

Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Atheism is a belief. Refusing to belief in Religion is also a belief.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by mumumugu(m): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2013
Reyginus: Atheism is a belief. Refusing to belief in Religion is also a belief.
refusing to kill makes me a killer?

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 16, 2013
mumumugu: refusing to kill makes me a killer?
Lol. No. It makes you a believer in the sanctity of life.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. No. It makes you a believer in the sanctity of life.
And atheism makes you a believer in?
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 16, 2013
musKeeto:
And atheism makes you a believer in?
The right question should be, a believer in what?
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Good morning Pastor T,

Don't you think that if you believe that Atheist shouldn't post here because they do not believe in religion, then it would be fair to say that those who say Christianity is not a religion, have no right to post here too?

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning Pastor T,

Don't you think that if you believe that Atheist shouldn't post here because they do not believe in religion, then it would be fair to say that those who say Christianity is not a religion, have no right to post here too?

And only politicians should post in the politics section... Bla bla bla
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 16, 2013
G morning Musky,

musKeeto:

And only politicians should post in the politics section... Bla bla bla

I am tempted to say that you either did not read my post or you fail to understand it!
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 16, 2013
striktlymi: G morning Musky,

I am tempted to say that you either did not read my post or you fail to understand it!
I fully understood it.. Just a little addition smiley

Morning
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 16, 2013
musKeeto:
I fully understood it.. Just a little addition smiley

Morning

k, cool!
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Yooguyz: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2013
@ pastor Olu T, i trust you had a good day today how have you been. Well like a Nlander said earlier this is a 'religious' section not a christian section, hence expect to see posts and topics from christian apologetics and athiests. I can understand love and zeal for God and you may expect everyone here to share the same kind of passion for God as you but sadly it's not so.
There are 3 kinds of posters in this section
1.the true xtians- they believe in God and the bible, thier opinions may differ wrt church doctrines, basic cardinal points of the faith. Ex of such are Brother Goshen, jogbaje, bro Rhema, Yooguyz (spirit filled brother) e.t.c. By their posts you shall know them
2. The hypocrites- these ones are not christians at all, but they parade themselves here like christians causing divisions and strifes amongst brethren. Their main aim is to mock the xtain faith. A notable trait about them is that they contradict themselves a lot they are the ones that'll open a thread calling christianity the opium of the masses then later open a thread 4 xtains to know their #how insulting# they greet you with useless greatings even sing your praises with their mouth but in their heart they want to destroy you. They speak well of christians in one id and then use another id to insult others. They are the cause of confusion and bitter quarels in this forum. Dude shine your eyes. By their fruits you shall know them.
3.pagans
4. Athiests
my advice to you is to look out for spirit filled born again brothers you share the same passion of God with and follow their posts.
Have a lovely day brother, God bless you

1 Like

Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by inspiredbyGOD(m): 10:58am On Apr 16, 2013
^^^ wetin Striktlymi do Yooguyz ?
I couldn't help but notice that you were referring to Striktlymi when you started talking about false Christians.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by AtheistD(m): 11:02am On Apr 16, 2013
It is not the Christian section undecided

If it was, it would be labeled "Christian Section". wink

It is for all religious discussion ... including Islam grin.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by mumumugu(m): 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
Yooguyz: @ pastor Olu T, i trust you had a good day today how have you been. Well like a Nlander said earlier this is a 'religious' section not a christian section, hence expect to see posts and topics from christian apologetics and athiests. I can understand love and zeal for God and you may expect everyone here to share the same kind of passion for God as you but sadly it's not so.
1.the true xtians- they believe in God and the bible, thier opinions may differ wrt church doctrines, basic cardinal points of the faith. Ex of such are Brother Goshen, jogbaje, bro Rhema, Yooguyz (spirit filled brother) e.t.c. By their posts you shall know them
2. The hypocrites- these ones are not christians at all, but they parade themselves here like christians causing divisions and strifes amongst brethren. Their main aim is to mock the xtain faith. A notable trait about them is that they contradict themselves a lot they are the ones that'll open a thread calling christianity the opium of the masses then later open a thread 4 xtains to know their #how insulting# they greet you with useless greatings even sing your praises with their mouth but in their heart they want to destroy you. They speak well of christians in one id and then use another id to insult others. They are the cause of confusion and bitter quarels in this forum. Dude shine your eyes. By their fruits you shall know them.
3.pagans
4. Athiests
my advice to you is to look out for spirit filled born again brothers you share the same passion of God with and follow their posts.
attention seeker who wants to be famous. Chooses to attack famos people as a means to be famous.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by AtheistD(m): 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
Yooguyz:
3.pagans[b]
4. Athiests[/b]

You mentioned that there are 3 types of posters and then listed 4 shocked grin
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
[quote
author=striktlymi]

Good morning Pastor T,

Don't you think that if you believe that Atheist shouldn't post here
because they do not believe in religion, then it would be fair to say
that those who say Christianity is not a religion, have no right to post
here too? [/quote]

Good morning brother.
Don't get me wrong, i am not saying atheist should not post here, all i am saying is that there are more anti God post here!

Atheist makes the section interesting 'cos they create room for said xtian to question and defend their faith and also know more about what they believe, though for those standing strong in their faith..

Sincerely i have learnt so much about my faith and how atheist think discussing with atheist on this forum.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
[quote
author=Yooguyz]@ pastor Olu T, i trust you had a good day today how
have you been. Well like a Nlander said earlier this is a 'religious'
section not a christian section, hence expect to see posts and topics
from christian apologetics and athiests. I can understand love and zeal
for God and you may expect everyone here to share the same kind of
passion for God as you but sadly it's not so.
1.the true xtians- they believe in God and the bible, thier opinions may
differ wrt church doctrines, basic cardinal points of the faith. Ex of
such are Brother Goshen, jogbaje, bro Rhema, Yooguyz (spirit filled
brother) e.t.c. By their posts you shall know them
2. The hypocrites- these ones are not christians at all, but they parade
themselves here like christians causing divisions and strifes amongst
brethren. Their main aim is to mock the xtain faith. A notable trait
about them is that they contradict themselves a lot they are the ones
that'll open a thread calling christianity the opium of the masses then
later open a thread 4 xtains to know their #how insulting# they greet
you with useless greatings even sing your praises with their mouth but
in their heart they want to destroy you. They speak well of christians
in one id and then use another id to insult others. They are the cause
of confusion and bitter quarels in this forum. Dude shine your eyes. By
their fruits you shall know them.
3.pagans
4. Athiests
my advice to you is to look out for spirit filled born again brothers
you share the same passion of God with and follow their posts.
Have a lovely day brother, God bless you[/quote]

I am good brother thank God.
My problem is not about athiest posting on this forum like i earlier explained in my last post, i just feel something is wrong about the frequency of the posts?
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Good morning brother.
Don't get me wrong, i am not saying atheist should not post here, all i am saying is that there are more anti God post here!

Atheist makes the section interesting 'cos they create room for said xtian to question and defend their faith and also know more about what they believe, though for those standing strong in their faith..

Sincerely i have learnt so much about my faith and how atheist think discussing with atheist on this forum.

Good afternoon Pastor T,

Now I understand your angle and I believe it's cool.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2013
Atheist:-D:
It is not the Christian section undecided

If it was, it would be labeled "Christian Section". wink

It is for all religious discussion ... including Islam grin.

I understand that sir and can read so well!
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by AtheistD(m): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I understand that sir and can read so well!

Okay..... just, your topic highlighted otherwise smiley
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by JeSoul(f): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Good morning brother.

Hi Pastor Olu, how body now? I've been on NL since 2007 and I'll tell you this section goes through so many seasons. Seasons with different posters, different topics etc...sometimes Catholic topics dominate, sometimes topics on tithing, other times anti-religion topics, other times RCCG topics... if you hang around long enough you'll get to see all the different flavors and learn a thing or two about all these different topics. Right now there are many anti-religion topics, in just a week or month, it will be pro-religion topics and vice versa.

Just try to follow yooguyz advice and follow/read from/discuss with those who you learn from and your time here will be meaningful. Godbless sir smiley.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Okay..... just, your topic highlighted otherwise smiley

Yes just to provoke comments, but read my preceding posts pls to get to know my intentions
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by AtheistD(m): 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Yes just to provoke comments, but read my preceding posts pls to get to know my intentions

If you feel more christian topics are required then why dont you and your buddies post some for discussion? That might work.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
[quote
author=Atheist:-D]

If you feel more christian topics are required then why dont you and
your buddies post some for discussion? That might work.[/quote]

Thanks
That is one of the reason for the topic.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
Why do more atheists topics hit the FrontPage and christian topic hardly get there? shocked undecided
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
christain topics ALWAYS get to the front page. its just now a couple of atheists topics have recently made it to the frontscreeen due to a lot of persuassion by us.
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PastorOluT(m): 10:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
christain topics ALWAYS get to the front page. its just now a couple of atheists topics have recently made it to the frontscreeen due to a lot of persuassion by us.

I beg to differ with the "ALWAYS", but might agree with the fact that atheists topics only make frontpage recently for i only became an active member recently myself. undecided shocked
Re: A Christian Or An Atheist Forum? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
good. atleast you agree. Since you are new, let me also tell you that so far, no Pagan topic has made frontpage , except for one on Benin Vodun, opened by me ages ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Heaven And Hell / Is Betting A Sin? / Christ Embassy Port Harcourt Organises Vibrant Generaxion Programme For Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.