Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages (11645 Views)

This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja / TSL Test/interview Invite On Thursday / Example Of A Scam Job Interview Invite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by oremisussan: 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
I thought my phone contact was immune to job scam text messages until recent weeks when I got crazily job searching (again), my CV would drop in almost every email box that claimed to offer my kind of job. The result are these text messages:

You've been selected for a job test & interview on Mon 15/04/2013 @14/32 Toyin Street opp St Leo Catholic Church Ikeja Lagos - HRM8033304
and then
You are hereby invited for a test & interview at 15 Adekumbi crescent off Oluwaleyimu street, Awolowo way, Ikeja, Lagos on Tuesday (16/4/2013) by 2pm prompt - 08058874965

I made a big mistake of honoring the first invite. Believe me, friends, it was a TOTAL waste of time. To start with, I would not be allowed to talk to fellow potential preys while waiting to be called in. Any attempt to shake anyone's hands to initiate a conversation led to the fellow being moved away from me. When I eventually got in, some guys and girls I'm hundred times smarter than, said they had the key to unlocking my financial freedom doors - I would have to go hawk some god-forsaken drugs in markets and banks (see me see Babaginda wey cause this job wahala for nineteen kokoro).

When the second text message came in today from that glo number, I had to reply with this text:

Thank you for the job test invite. I have attended a number of your recruitment exercises in recent times and will NOT be showing up on this occasion. Your offer does not align with my career goal. I therefore appeal to have my phone contact removed from your mailing list as I do not wish to receive any invite from you again. Job searching is enough challenge to deal with, please, do not add to the misery.

I know my reply does not read like one from the most angered job seeker but I believe it would do its job as curses via calls and texts should be an everyday thing to them.
Moreover, there is power in number, if half of their invitees reply as such every time, they should start coming to realize the fact that the job seeker does have a right to choose whom he listens to en route finding that job.
Maybe not instantaneous, my suggestion should be effective in persistence.

Happy job searching.

10 Likes

Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by adewasco2k(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2013
Nice one! Job seekers should know the risk involve when they send their CV to all advertised jobs online....you have to be smart and do a google search about the company to see if its real, if it was outsourced and the name of the company is not stated, do a search on the email you are asked to send your CV's to.

Lastly, particularly on Nairaland, if some one posts a vacancy with tittle "Immediate Employment Letter" "Best Job For You" "Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!" and any kind of such...you should be alert...to post a vacancy, you don't need to put an eye catching title if its real...only scammers do that to get attention...when you see such...click on the user and see his previous Nairaland posts....some have just 20 post and all those post are fake job vacancy adverts.....take note of such users...report to a moderator of such a user.

Enjoy the section

6 Likes

Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Damolaay(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2013
I aslo got the msg too

U hv bin shutlistd 4 a written test & oral intervw schedld 4 2morrw mon.15th April @ N0 1,Babatunde Close off Ogunlana Drive Surulere Lagos.
Time:1pm prompt.

Another one,

Ur hv bin shutlistd 4 a witten Test scheduld to take place 2morrw Sat.13th April exctly 10am @ N0 15 Adekumbi Cresent Off Oluwalehimu Street via Unity road Ikeja Lagos state. Pls be there on time.

I don tired oooooooo.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by 1forall: 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
Refrain from sending your personal details just anywhere, apply good judgement as you decide.

There's an unemployment industry out there now so job seekers need to evaluate advertised vacancies critically.

Check out more NL job search tips here: job search tips

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by KingPradas(m): 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
How did you know it was fake without attending the interview. Mr I-KNOW-EVERYTHING

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
Job scam every where.. some will ask you to pay 5,000 naira.. Idiots..
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by dridowu: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hmmm, let me think
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Rexphobia(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
You can't totally eradicate that...just be careful and discerning!!! Then ask questions, don't believe you are too smart to be conned.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
In addition to what Adewasco said,anywhere u see health supplements,nutrionist,health company,Graduate Trainee,Public relations officers,Sales representative or multinational companies wt no website address in the listed job adverts don't bother,cos its just one of these drugs people
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Sleekydee(m): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hahahaha, dnt mind d nonsense pple dey call demselves HAS(Health scheme alliance)....d day I got d txt n went it ws a total ws on my precious tym, I didn't even wait 4 dem 2 finish I walked out on dem...rubbish pple

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by stremy21(m): 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
KingPradas: How did you know it was fake without attending the interview. Mr I-KNOW-EVERYTHING
Na Otondo like you dem dey scam. Abi you be part of the scam clique sef. Moderator, abeg take note!!!!
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by beordune(m): 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
lol...i remember leaving my banking job one fateful day to attend such interview; may God help us shaaaaa!

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Ekowise(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
KingPradas: How did you know it was fake without attending the interview. Mr I-KNOW-EVERYTHING
you should be one of them. SCAM!!!!!!
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by nenergy(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
I've gotten many of such before. But Google/Nairaland saved me time, money and stress. Google/online forums are your best friends.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Kokofi(m): 8:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
Lolzz @OP.
I made an online application @ Gigajob sometime ago nevr knowing i was calling for trouble from toyin street et al. Since then i've never used that jobsite again.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by begwong: 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
Esther Breakthrough aliases!

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
The worse mistake I ever made was to register on careerslip.com...I received 3 invites for an interview same day I registered on the site for jobs I didn't apply. I sent email for more explanations, no response uptil this moment. No information on the net abt the 'S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called' companies...
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by billante(m): 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
Once you get a job interview alert! Just google d interview venue address and u will immidately know dat it is a scam or not! All those toyin str, ogunlana str surulere etc have been discuss a million times here on nairaland as health drugs marketing company! It saves u d stress.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by tivta(m): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
I too got the message today. Thank God for nairaland.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by binigirl(f): 9:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
@ OP nice one... I have also received text msgs 4rm these Health Stream Alliance guys but I neva went 4 their interviews, thanks 2 God who gave ppl d wisdom 2 create sites like google and nairaland. The last time I got a txt 4rm dem, I actually called dem and gave dem a piece of my mind.

My advice 2 any job seeker is dat dey shld be careful and prayerful so dey dnt fall victim 2 these scammers
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by patostation(m): 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
Damolaay: I aslo got the msg too

U hv bin shutlistd 4 a written test & oral intervw schedld 4 2morrw mon.15th April @ N0 1,Babatunde Close off Ogunlana Drive Surulere Lagos.
Time:1pm prompt.

Another one,

Ur hv bin shutlistd 4 a witten Test scheduld to take place 2morrw Sat.13th April exctly 10am @ N0 15 Adekumbi Cresent Off Oluwalehimu Street via Unity road Ikeja Lagos state. Pls be there on time.

I don tired oooooooo.

I made the mistake of attending one of the "shortlisted interview and tests" at that No 15 Adekumbi Street Ikeja. I wasted my time and my money getting ready (CV update, photocopy of documents, typing and printing and transportation). I even risked losing my present job because of the yeye place. It all started with a written "test". After that, we were treated to a long sermon by one small boy who by all standard seemed to be less qualified than the candidates he was dressing down. Next came one lady who added salt to injury my insulting everyone present with her manner of speech. At that stage, many of the job seekers started trooping out. I had to leave too. Though I needed a job, it definitely is not that type of dehumanization in an uncompleted building. God forbid!
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by talk2val(m): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
All these are done by all dis GNLD Scallywags. They keep on changin dia name from time 2 time weneva they want to send dia useless scam interveiw text msgs, cause they knw lots of people are aware of dia scam products. I received a Txt msg while I was in ghana 4 somethin very important from those bit** *ss niggers with the name N.P.H.R.C, thinkin it had 2do wit a federal job I applied for earlier dis year. I rushed back 2 naija, jst 2 see my self in the midst of those fools, and they kept on brain washin people, and collectin the sum of 10 thousand from desperate job seekers.they got me, but they will neva get me again. Even if them start to use Jazz. Useless people.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
naija your Kon3 is a huge horible joke!!! later somebody will open their putrid maggot infested orifice to say the youths are lazy!!! SMH.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Mojibola(m): 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Ironically, i knw a couple of guys who are making it in some of these health products marketing companies. I believe not all are scams, one just needs patience to understand the system with which it works.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by tenny07(m): 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
One of the places of the interview dat has not been mentioned is Starlink @ isolo. I have gone to all the aforementioned venues only that they are adding to the mysteries. Imagine the so called CE0 @ Ogunalana drive said any1 who wants to become a partner should pay 8500. Later she said if u don't have such amount commit urslf by paying 1/2 till she said 500. Though I walked away buh some paid. Let's just be kiaful of all this scams. God hlp us. Buh how thru is the acclaimed success of the business. We need a witness of the benefit to come out and say it out.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
I dunno wat to believe anymore. Even some federal jobs demand for the purchase of scratch cards for registration. Is it not scam too?
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Lagusta(m): 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
For those staying in ilorin, one of my friends was nearly scammed by these crooks, their address is around saw mill garage, i heard another is around basin area...

The thing is, if it is too good to be true, run for your life....
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Greatken007(m): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
U ARE ONE OF THEM BA,GOD WILL CATCH U SOON,BET ME
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
It happened to me too here @ my location[ENUGU]. Imagin the stupid folks, they say we can make over 10M after 6months but we hav to pay 3k for registrationi . DAMM. . . . Chai . . Nigeria. . Am tired of this Country. . I want to go back to 9ja. . Lol. .
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by abedeloho: 6:16am On Apr 17, 2013
@ KingParadas seems u are one of them cos I know those address very well they are those pple that will ask for 8k registration fee and will give u drug to go hawk. Iff I want hawk grud I go do agbo hawk dat go sell pass cos both okada go buy from me
Re: How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages by Kessyy2k4(m): 7:13am On Apr 17, 2013
Some of this scammer are professional in this job scam activities. Sometimes ago i opened a thread on a particular job recruiting site that keeps sending me job notice, I warned them to stop, but even as i type now, they still send me unexisting job vacancies. Now my advice to all nairaland folkz is, never click on any active link sent to your email, by any job od this scam recruiting agent. Jobbaman.com has been spending me jobs that exist at all, they require you to click on the active link in order to apply for this jobs, Please guy wise up never you click on any active link on your email. This is away the scammer get access to your email at any time they want to. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Direction To JKK House In Ilupeju / Some Employers Are Just Harsh / 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.