Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja (7437 Views)

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation / How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages / Example Of A Scam Job Interview Invite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Yemisi63: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2014
...my sister and I eventually located the venue. The top floor of a rusty looking two storey building.

We opened the door and found about 18 people sitting in different plastic chairs in one unpolished room. Most of girls looked like SSCE holders, the boys, motor park touts. The supposed interviewer and 2 of his colleagues were giving a motivational speech.

I walked inside squeezing water from my wig after I marked my attendance.

Rich dad, Poor Dad, and Who is Warren Buffet, were written on the board.
The speaker in his ugly looking shoes was just talking nonsense.
It was not an interview, a lecture nor a recruitment conference.
I remembered those scam text messages I usually receive from yahoo boys inviting me for 'briefing/the interview' at Mushin.
That was when I realised I had carried my legs and entered their Ikeja branch for their supposed 'briefing'.
At that point I knew I was f***ed. I just wanted to take off my wet wig and hang it on their standing fan to dry.

"Young Lady, you and your friend are an hour late! Have you ever heard of Warren BuffET?" The speaker asked me with particular emphasis on the 'et'.
"I have never heard of him" I replied.
"What of Bill Gates?"
"I don't know him."
"Wale Haardenugua?"
"I don't"
"Dangote?"
"Nope."

My 'classmates' were all staring at me with pity in their eyes. I was amused when I noticed the naive guy beside me was attentively scribbling notes of all the speaker said.
Basically, the theme of the 'briefing' was to discourage us from seeking paid employment so we could partner with them. The guy in charge told us salary is for losers and the system of working for people had collapsed as far back as 1971. He was going to train us how to become our own BOSS and overnight millionaires.
That was rich coming from a man who looked like poverty ambassador.
Occasionally my sister would give me side glances and both of us would burst into laughter. The speaker colleagues noticed our behaviour and took over with the presentation. The first thing he did was switch our seats. Then he unplugged the standing fan and told us ingrates don't deserve to be this comfortable.
Imagine! Standing fan is now a luxury.
He called me a member of PDP (People Discouraging People from success according to him) and told my sister to keep off from me if she needed to be chosen for the 'final interview'. My sister suddenly became cooperative and I thought she had been hypnotised.
Normally, I would have walked out or shot them but I stayed back for these three reasons.

1. I needed a story for Naijasinglegirl's blog.
2. I was anxious to see where it was going to end. Probably the 'motivational speakers' were going to ask for offering.
3. I was expecting refreshments at the end of the briefing.

All along they never mentioned the name of their company, what exactly they do to make money, how we come in and how they were going to help us. After another hour of talking TRASH, he stated only a quarter of us would be lucky enough to be called for the final phase the next day. A 5-question psychometric test was given to us and my sister and I intentionally answered all my questions wrong.
The company's name 'BOSS RESOURCES" was written on the question paper.

They told us only the serious ones would be contacted the next day. That marked the end of the interview, briefing or whatever it was.
I couldn't believe I wasted my time, transportation money and got beaten in the rain for that nonsense. I looked up the company on Nairaland and found out they were scammers who had the intentions of milking dry all of us. This was a company that had its details only on OLX of all websites
We were still in traffic when both of us received our invitation sms. If they were indeed genuine, how come I made it to the final stage after the insubordinate attitude I put up there?

This is a summary of the post culled from

http://naijasinglegirl.com/this-is-what-happened-to-me-at-a-scam-job-interview-in-ikeja/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Estorico: 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
My dear you really made me laugh! I know boss resources so well. You should have asked about them before going to such a place. I was there last year. Didn't you see one dark fool of himself guy called mr dele? I gave him a tough time before he sent me and some other guys out inside the rain that day but we refused and told him until the rain stops before we moved an inch. We gave them insults of their lives before we left there. They are all these gnld people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Godmother(f): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
You just made my day once again grin
I always love reading your articles on ur blog.
Unfortunately, since you moved to your site I have been unable to cos the site hangs a lot when I try to access it using my phone.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by azpekuliar: 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
This is hilarious! cheesy Best piece I have read on here in a while.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Yemisi63: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
Godmother:
You just made my day once again grin
I always love reading your articles on ur blog.
Unfortunately, since you moved to your site I have been unable to cos the site hangs a lot when I try to access it using my phone.
so sorry. That would be fixed pls
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by segzicres(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
grin
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by 2prexios: 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hillarious indeed. Sometimes back, we were discussing TB Josuah and miracles and healing for HIV. A man express a strong reservation. Then I narrated a story my friend told me about a broke hiv positive fellow who had been surviving on gnld product. when the gnld guy couldnt continue providing the drug for the hiv guy, he took him to sinagog and miracle happened, acodin to my friend. The man I was speaking to ask me to stop for a sec., he said once upon a time his wife was semi paralized and no drug prove effective until they tried gnld. my wife is so strong now thanks to those people, he said. I am not in gnld though a networker. It is a nitche of business, you may not like their idiosyncracies, it is not a scam sir, if it is gnld.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by justi4jesu(f): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
@OP I couldn't hold myself, i kept laughing from beginning to the end of your write up. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by blake777(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
The hustle is real!
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Yemisi63: 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
2prexios:
Hillarious indeed. Sometimes back, we were discussing TB Josuah and miracles and healing for HIV. A man express a strong reservation. Then I narrated a story my friend told me about a broke hiv positive fellow who had been surviving on gnld product. when the gnld guy couldnt continue providing the drug for the hiv guy, he took him to sinagog and miracle happened, acodin to my friend. The man I was speaking to ask me to stop for a sec., he said once upon a time his wife was semi paralized and no drug prove effective until they tried gnld. my wife is so strong now thanks to those people, he said. I am not in gnld though a networker. It is a nitche of business, you may not like their idiosyncracies, it is not a scam sir, if it is gnld.
we have heard you Sir

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
Just thank your God that the supposed 'interview' did not turnout to be something urglier than what you have just narrated. I think you need to be more carefull next time. Those guys could turnout to be Kidnappers,Ritualists etc. My take on your story.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by 2prexios: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
Yemisi63:
we have heard you Sir
Good to know.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
At that point I knew I was f***ed. I just wanted to take off my wet wig and hang it on their standing fan to dry.

Hahahahahahahhahahaha grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
He was going to train us how to become our own BOSS and overnight millionaires.
That was rich coming from a man who looked like poverty ambassador.

Lmao

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by johnstar(m): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
shitt happens

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by 9jaforlife: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
LMAO!!

But something good has come out of this in my opinion...

You got people laughing! grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by tellwisdom: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Poor boi looking for jobsad
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Yemisi63: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
9jaforlife:
LMAO!!

But something good has come out of this in my opinion...

You got people laughing! grin cheesy
hahaha.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by azidomedogo: 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
BOSS resources. i have had an encounter with them along awolowo rd in ikeja. Those guys are scam.Abt 24 of us attended their scam interview.It was all abt GNLD. guys were dicouraged and started leaving the hall.Guess what? the speaker became angry as we left the hall one after the other and he began to abuse us.
Advice: pls beware of that ikeja bcoz so many scammers are out there.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Lordlexyy: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hillarious. 'poverty ambassador'. What a perfect definition of scammers. But op, by mean looking at the environment, building and the whole set up, u should know u've been duped. I actually sympathise with the other gullible 'class mates' who probably will be scammed or use for something else. Good u came out unscratch. Nevertheless, i believe u owe society the duty of reporting these frausters to the police.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Naijasinglegirl: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
Lordlexyy:
Hillarious. 'poverty ambassador'. What a perfect definition of scammers. But op, by mean looking at the environment, building and the whole set up, u should know u've been duped. I actually sympathise with the other gullible 'class mates' who probably will be scammed or use for something else. Good u came out unscratch. Nevertheless, i believe u owe society the duty of reporting these frausters to the police.
I was waiting to see the outcome that's why I waited there. Besides, I needed a story for my blog. Lol
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Na wa ooo
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Naijasinglegirl: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
Estorico:
My dear you really made me laugh! I know boss resources so well. You should have asked about them before going to such a place. I was there last year. Didn't you see one dark fool of himself guy called mr dele? I gave him a tough time before he sent me and some other guys out inside the rain that day but we refused and told him until the rain stops before we moved an inch. We gave them insults of their lives before we left there. They are all these gnld people.
Yes. The guy was just shouting when he was giving his speech and forming Mr no-nonsense bad guy while I was seated at the back laughing. Don't mind the idiot. Then he brought out one forged account statement and showed it to me and my classmates.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Lordlexyy: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Naijasinglegirl:
I was waiting to see the outcome that's why I waited there. Besides, I needed a story for my blog. Lol
I understand. But i'm thinking that issue like this though funny, should not be treated with levity. Who knows, many people may have fallen victims to their schemes. These are desperate people who may one day indulge in kidnapping. I think preventive measures like reporting to the police would have been ideal. What do u think.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by midasbliss(f): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
everything can happen in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by udysweet(f): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
grin
Funny people,you see dem everywhere:iyana isolo,cele,okota,egbe da,abule egba,mushin road,lawanson road,ikeja(na dem hq be dat) and evn gbagada! I don't even wait to open all those dem "HR" "e-recruiter" msg. One called me long ago,naim I ask:please are you one of those HMO(health mgt org) she said :no we're HME(health mgt engineering) I died! Lol. I think she deliberately did dat to encourage me to come,lik dis one is genuine!
Look closely at their dressing sef,u will see roaches coming out from their "coats" even the lady among dem,one wore a tulip skirt in a wrong way and attached a flower to d side of her hair ,like dos indian movies(who d hell dresses that way for a supposed aptitude test\interview?)
Job no dey naija but God go connect us to d one wey be our own,can I get an "Amen"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Naijasinglegirl: 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
udysweet:
grin
Funny people,you see dem everywhere:iyana isolo,cele,okota,egbe da,abule egba,mushin road,lawanson road,ikeja(na dem hq be dat) and evn gbagada! I don't even wait to open all those dem "HR" "e-recruiter" msg. One called me long ago,naim I ask:please are you one of those HMO(health mgt org) she said :no we're HME(health mgt engineering) I died! Lol. I think she deliberately did dat to encourage me to come,lik dis one is genuine!
Look closely at their dressing sef,u will see roaches coming out from their "coats" even the lady among dem,one wore a tulip skirt in a wrong way and attached a flower to d side of her hair ,like dos indian movies(who d hell dresses that way for a supposed aptitude test\interview?)
Job no dey naija but God go connect us to d one wey be our own,can get an "Amen"
I tell you. The lady in Boss resources team was putting on a hijab grin
udysweet:
grin
Job no dey naija but God go connect us to d one wey be our own,can get an "Amen"
I tell you. The lady in Boss resources team was putting on a hijab
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by TheCode(m): 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
2prexios:

See them... oga take several seats to the back joor. The op was even very polite. Ladies and gentlemen, last yr I had same experience in Owerri (that was during the NUC strike).

I and my pals located the place with some difficulty - a rented hall in owerri town. I spent over 300 blessed naira to get there.

Let me not bore u all with the ridiculous details because everything was almost exactly as the op described. The only difference was that there were many more (mostly naive) people, we were divided into groups, and there was no final process or test - we were told there and then to invest in gnld and be rich overnight.

I dont know why they didnt think of hiring a clean set of suits for their "speakers" so as to make them look the part at least, and help their hustle. The guy was telling us, "As I am here talking with u, I have money making for me in abuja, I have money making for me in Enugu, I have money making for me in Kaduna... etc...", yet his 'coat' and shoes would be considered with a serious frown - and a curse or two - upon presentation at any Orphanage, seriously.

Mtcheeew... let me just stop here jare. I and my friends laughed them to scorn before finally leaving the hall. Funny set of daft people.

That process of getting marketers for gnld is completely unethical. In Aba or Warri, people's t.fare may be refunded by force o. Its not funny.
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by Dyt(f): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by udysweet(f): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
Unemployment in Naija has gone so bad dat anytin goes! We just pray that those of us who want to be self employed,the elements should be in our favour,Amen
Naijasinglegirl:
I tell you. The lady in Boss resources team was putting on a hijab grin I tell you. The lady in Boss resources team was putting on a hijab

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja by o2k(m): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
Unemployment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) Job Recruitment / Bristow Helicopters Nigeria Limited Aptitude Test 12th october / Pls I Need Info Bout Career With Ama-zuma Services Ltd Ikeja! ! !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.