Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye (26126 Views)

Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Tinubu Declares War On Dino / No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Theben(m): 7:02am On Apr 16, 2013
Ibidapo at work lipsrsealed
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by DTalented(m): 7:04am On Apr 16, 2013
Skaylex: only foolz lyk u wl post comment lyk dz...mumu go bck 2 sec sch n learn more eng lang!!nitwit....
hmm
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by mrakin(m): 7:04am On Apr 16, 2013
Thank God for civilzation like this - bullet-proof car. This is what Boko boys don't want. But they use phones and internet to communicate. Anyway am happy the man survived it. It may be from the least expected source, even his own...
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 16, 2013
Dino Melaye escapes assassination
in Abuja
Premium Times
Mr. Melaye said two bullets hit his car.
A former Nigerian federal lawmaker,
Dino Melaye, Monday night escaped assassination in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital
city.
Mr. Melaye, a staunch government
critic, was attacked in the high-brow
Central Business District of the city,
while making his way home. He said the attackers, driving in a Golf
car, crossed his car near the NNPC
towers and immediately began
shooting at him.
He said two bullets hit his car before he
managed to escape unharmed. “I am safe,” he told PREMIUM TIMES.
Mr. Melaye, a former member of the
Peoples Democratic Party, shortly after
leaving the National Assembly,
switched to the opposition flank,
actively leading the January 2012 fuel subsidy protest.
He has since then remained an anti-
corruption activist.
“When you fight corruption, corruption
fights back strongly,” he said, blaming
the attack on his anti-corruption stance.
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by MillionDollars: 7:05am On Apr 16, 2013
DJDOLA: Thank god for d bullet proff car if not dino will join is ancestor..MORAL..if u are rich always protect ur self
why the moral lesson dude?? Who is rich in this country and does nt av one SECURITY or the other? This is nt C.R.K class o
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Ekans: 7:06am On Apr 16, 2013
Why do our politicians prefer the crude way of handling criticism (assasination).Evilmen ruling Nigeria.
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by toprealman: 7:06am On Apr 16, 2013
RICHIE BOI:

Did i say it was politically motivated? pls learn to read before commenting. angry
The girl accusing you wrongly appears to be a prime suspect. She should be monitored.
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by highlandre(m): 7:08am On Apr 16, 2013
te author=T-smooth]Thanks to his bullet proof car not Jesus. As we all knw, Jesus cant save. #No offence just the truth.[/quote]

I didn't want to comment until I read your stupid remark. Why drag the name of Jesus into this? People like you make their leaders wanna shut down internet facility in their country.

May God continue to shield us from adversaries, amen.

Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by billante(m): 7:09am On Apr 16, 2013
Even if na person wife e go kpansh and d dude decide to payback by terminating him, dino go still talk say na FG wan kill am.

I wonder wat d good of killing dino will do to GEJ....does GEJ even look like person dat can spill a blood!?
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by slimfit1(m): 7:09am On Apr 16, 2013
This is pdp and Jonathan badluck on duty. The sss would know about it for sure.
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 16, 2013
tongue His bullet proof car abi his bullet proof juju Make una allow me reason like an an african man wey I be o. If na oyibo yes I for talk science good but since na africa yes na juju
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by gbadexy(m): 7:11am On Apr 16, 2013
If the car is the one posted here then it was shot at the passenger side.
Besides if they really wanted him dead, he would have been dead. Most assassination in nigeria involved gaining access to the victim's home or abducting them not random drive by shooting like gangsters.
If it wasn't staged though, I think the M.O and type of car used looks like boko things. Perhaps political boko haram.

Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by toprealman: 7:12am On Apr 16, 2013
RICHIE BOI:

Did i say it was politically motivated? pls learn to read before commenting. angry
The girl accusing you wrongly appears to be a prime suspect. She should be closely monitored.
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Adurangba(f): 7:16am On Apr 16, 2013
RICHIE BOI:
Obviously you need glasses my dear.

Swear on anything dear to you that you didnt edit your first comment after I made my comment. Nonsense.
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Adurangba(f): 7:17am On Apr 16, 2013
toprealman:
The girl accusing you wrongly appears to be a prime suspect. She should be closely monitored.

I am not accusing him wrongly, let him swear on anything dear to him that he hasnt edited his comment after I asked him that question. Let him swear. In his first and opening post, he said, is this a sign of 2015. Let him swear that he hasnt deleted that part of his post.
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Deiok(m): 7:18am On Apr 16, 2013
why are lot of you writing sensless comment here. Let me tell you dino is one of the few house assembly member that speak the truth without fear or favour. I am sure most of you dont realy know him. Do you think if he align with those lot dirty politician, there were will be an assasination attempt on his life. Please we should stop the habit of posting without knowing the true fact of what we are replying to. Good day and God bless nigeria.

Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by dnawah(m): 7:21am On Apr 16, 2013
Which peopl usually operate with golf car?
A:Massob
B:Opc
C:Mend
D:Jamb
E:Boko Hama
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by dragman: 7:23am On Apr 16, 2013
ib55: For a person that claims to be fighting corruption, where did he get the money to buy a bulletproof car.
Just asking!
silly you. For a jobless man in Nairaland, how did u pay for ur bis subscription
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Feedmemore(f): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2013
shocked shocked undecided
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Fantacy1(m): 7:24am On Apr 16, 2013
T-smooth:
Thanks to his bullet proof car not Jesus. As we all knw, Jesus cant save. #No offence just the truth.
idiot
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Fantacy1(m): 7:25am On Apr 16, 2013
T-smooth:
Thanks to his bullet proof car not Jesus. As we all knw, Jesus cant save. #No offence just the truth.
idiot #No offence just d truth
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Sezua(m): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2013
Adura_ngba:

I am not accusing him wrongly, let him swear on anything dear to him that he hasnt edited his comment after I asked him that question. Let him swear. In his first and opening post, he said, is this a sign of 2015. Let him swear that he hasnt deleted that part of his post.
no be fight na
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by JW214: 7:26am On Apr 16, 2013
A sad part of this story is that this happened just in front of NNPC towers where there are stationary APC and heavy security details harmed to their nails and the attackers driving a VW Golf escaped.

Was there no response or intervention from the security attached to NNPC towers when the gun shots were heard or their duty is limited to providing security for the Tower alone?

Anyway, Congrats Dino

Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 16, 2013
Abeg lets blame GEJ for this attempt,
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by lastpage: 7:28am On Apr 16, 2013
I am Happy for him, that he survived the ordeal.

More MONEY, More TROUBLE!
angry angry

I never heard that Chukwu, the Gari seller or Mama Sikira, the Beans seller got shot at?
(aside stray bullets when armed robbers are operating!)

I never heard that Awolowo or even Jakande had Bullet-Proof cars! (even while in Power!)

There must be "something" that is attracting death-by-assasination, to these "Politicians / Big People"

Maybe, just maybe, "the Guilty are always Afraid" OR "The Evil that men do, lives with them"
It might also just be that "Nigerian Politicians are EVIL PERSONIFIED".

Either way, trying to snuff-out somebody's life, just like that, IS UNACCEPTABLE!

But what can one do? The Police are just simply useless when it comes to prevention, investigation and detection of crimes like these (Bola Ige, Alfred Rilwan, Kudirat Abiola, Funsho Willians, Dele Giwa, e.t.c)

I tire for dis we countiri.

Lastpage!
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by ichommy(m): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2013
Chei
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by anydek: 7:30am On Apr 16, 2013
The next to killer party.
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Wisdytech(m): 7:30am On Apr 16, 2013
God is Good! PolitiCAL TRAUMA IN -NIGERIA-
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 16, 2013
dnawah: Which peopl usually operate with golf car?
A:Massob
B:Opc
C:Mend
D:Jamb
E:Boko Hama
F:Waec n Neco
Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by lastpage: 7:33am On Apr 16, 2013
JW214: A sad part of this story is that this happened just in front of NNPC towers where there are stationary APC and heavy security details harmed to their nails and the attackers driving a VW Golf escaped.

Was there no response or intervention from the security attached to NNPC towers when the gun shots were heard or their duty is limited to providing security for the Tower alone?

Anyway, Congrats Dino

I feel you Bro!

Have you ever listened to Fela Anikulapo's "ZOMBIE" Song?

If not, try and listen to it and your question will be answered!

Those security details at the Tower are the classical example of "ZOMBIE" Fela was talking about!

Fela may be a Ganja-smoker ....but all his "predictions" (of over 30years in advance!) have come true, one after another!
I would rather listen to Fela, than one pimping M.O.G, .... aiming to buy his own Aeroplane from church member's contributions
. wink wink grin grin

Lastpage!

Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by BeraBera(f): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2013
T-smooth:

Did u say "thruth"? There is no other truth truer than the fact that Jesus saves and will alwaya save. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
If God had wanted him dead, He wouldn't have allowed the attack to be while Dino was inside his car.
Learn to respect other people's religion so that yours would be respected. I don't know why some of you have this feeling of inferiority rooted deep down in your sub-conscious mind. Haba!

Re: Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye by Cityguy: 7:37am On Apr 16, 2013
T-smooth:
oh yes, Jesus saves, my friend. Top of d morning to you.

Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries / Comfort Melaye: Chapel Built & Named After Dino Melaye's Mum Dedicated (Photos) / 2023: Why We Are Forming New Political Movement - Okorocha