Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision (3424 Views)

Fed Govt Goes Tough On Visa Issuance To Stop Terrorists / Nigeria: Abdulmutallab Episode - Tightening The Noose On Visa Ap / Advice On Visa Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by pinkyz: 9:59am On Apr 16, 2013
please i need your help on advice, i have just gotten admission at minnesota state university,and i have my i-20,the school gave me admission waiving TOEFL for me, due to the english score(B2) I had on NECO,and the equally gave me a TOEFL WAIVER LETTER addressed to the consular officer, please do i still need to write a toefl exam to take to the embassey for my visa decision thank
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
pinkyz: please i need your help on advice, i have just gotten admission at minnesota state university,and i have my i-20,the school gave me admission waiving TOEFL for me, due to the english score(B2) I had on NECO,and the equally gave me a TOEFL WAIVER LETTER addressed to the consular officer, please do i still need to write a toefl exam to take to the embassey for my visa decision thank
I do not really think you still need to write Toefl again since the school has given you a letter. But to be rest assured, ask this question in the US student thread.
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Demaejy:
I do not really think you still need to write Toefl again since the school has given you a letter. But to be rest assured, ask this question in the US student thread.

She did but doesn't like the answers. Embassy holds everything...no impression...no visa...rubbishes admission.Most time they ask of any standard test even to PhD folks. I wish her the best.I can't wait for the outcome!
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by fittty(m): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
Embassy's decision Supersedes the schools decision. Without a visa your admission letter is useless. Just take the test for the embassy purpose!
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by GboyegaD(m): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
pinkyz: please i need your help on advice, i have just gotten admission at minnesota state university,and i have my i-20,the school gave me admission waiving TOEFL for me, due to the english score(B2) I had on NECO,and the equally gave me a TOEFL WAIVER LETTER addressed to the consular officer, please do i still need to write a toefl exam to take to the embassey for my visa decision thank

You writing the TOEFL is just to keep yourself safe. While some VO may not ask, some may be satisfied with the letter, some may not. The reason people are asking you to write is just to be sure that you don't give a VO the opportunity to rubbish your intentions to come study since his decision superceeds that of the school. I hope you know that without a visa, you cannot come to the US and that is why you need to satisfy both the school and the VO that interviews you.
Best of Luck.
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 19, 2013
my cousin was denied because he had no standard exam even though the school waived them for him. So pls try and take at least one test.
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by pinkyz: 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
good day, please i need your advice, please my visa interview is so close (june 24), i got a toefl waiver from my school, but i still went ahead to write the toefl exam, unfortunate for me, i came out wit a low score of 46/120,..please am so confuse, dont know what to do,...should i still go for the interview with the low score or with the waiver?
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by fittty(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2013
^^ 46 is too low! I'll suggest you quickly register for another exam. The online score should be available in a week after taking the exam. With that you stand a better chance than going with 46 score
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by pinkyz: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
there is no close available date for the exams...is it adviceable to go with the toefl waiver letter?
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by bestplanb: 5:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
please which school gave you TOEFL waiver?
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by pinkyz: 12:42am On Jun 06, 2013
bestplanb:
please which school gave you TOEFL waiver?
minnesota state univ. moorehead
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by pinkyz: 12:47am On Jun 06, 2013
fittty: ^^ 46 is too low! I'll suggest you quickly register for another exam. The online score should be available in a week after taking the exam. With that you stand a better chance than going with 46 score
there is no close availabletoefl test date for me to register before my visa interview,...will you advice me to go with the low score or waiverletter from the skool
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Yvete(f): 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ Pinkyz: Go for the interview without the TOEFL scorecard. If you speak coherently and intelligibly, you may find favor. You may try this -
V0: Did you write any standardized test?
You: I scheduled for TOEFL, but the school didn't need it. My WAEC or Neco was enough. I have a waiver letter (Show it to the VO). You should have written SAT though. Good luck!
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by pinkyz: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2013
Yvete: @ Pinkyz: Go for the interview without the TOEFL scorecard. If you speak coherently and intelligibly, you may find favor. You may try this -
V0: Did you write any standardized test?
You: I scheduled for TOEFL, but the school didn't need it. My WAEC or Neco was enough. I have a waiver letter (Show it to the VO). You should have written SAT though. Good luck!
thanx...a million for the advice,..i so much believethe visa is mine and am going to possess it,...cuz am carying d light of favour on me
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2013
in anything you do, pls do not go with the toefl score test. The toefl waiver letter should suffice instead. If you tender your toefl, its high likely you weaken the chance of getting your visa because your score is too low. your communicating english during your interview might/would be a determine point if you will get the visa.
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by ayinkala(m): 5:22am On Jun 08, 2013
They have said it all to you. Better go with the waiver. I am a consultant, I always advise applicants to register and sit for any of the standardize test for nothing but for the embassy's sake just to be on a safer side...
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by pinkyz: 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
dahonestboss: in anything you do, pls do not go with the toefl score test. The toefl waiver letter should suffice instead. If you tender your toefl, its high likely you weaken the chance of getting your visa because your score is too low. your communicating english during your interview might/would be a determine point if you will get the visa.
thankx broda,..i really do appreciate
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by pinkyz: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
ayinkala: They have said it all to you. Better go with the waiver. I am a consultant, I always advise applicants to register and sit for any of the standardize test for nothing but for the embassy's sake just to be on a safer side...

thankx alot broda,..please what docs will i first pass to the VO...when he will request for my documents?
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Idazbawz(m): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Low TOEFL/IELTS scores There is a University that will admit you and issue yu an i-20 for the soonest semester. Pm me for more info.....
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by worry359(m): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2014
Idazbawz: Low TOEFL/IELTS scores There is a University that will admit you and issue yu an i-20 for the soonest semester. Pm me for more info.....

If you have information then post it on here for all people to see.
Or are you charging fee?
No secret E-mails!
Read the rules.
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by spacebaba: 10:20am On Jan 07, 2014
pls I need your views on this, I applied to a school in US for my masters degree and they told me If I had a credit in My Waec, toefl will be waived for me . The only worries I have is that the school did not ask me to send my Waec result nor to upload on their site during the process of my application. what do you guys realy think about this?
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Idazbawz(m): 10:56am On Jan 07, 2014
spacebaba: pls I need your views on this, I applied to a school in US for my masters degree and they told me If I had a credit in My Waec, toefl will be waived for me . The only worries I have is that the school did not ask me to send my Waec result nor to upload on their site during the process of my application. what do you guys realy think about this?
contact the school straight away. What's the name of the school? You might need to to go WAEC office at yaba to send yur confirmation of result to the school. Pm me for more info. Goodluck!
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Idazbawz(m): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2014
worry 359:
If you have information then post it on here for all people to see.
Or are you charging fee?
No secret E-mails!
Read the rules.
pls dont mis quote me, i'm just trying to give out the school to people with low test score. I got accepted to the sch with low TOEFL recently! Read my posts on NL man. I'm not a stranger here. Just trying to help!
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by spacebaba: 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
university of wyoming
Re: Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision by Idazbawz(m): 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
spacebaba: university of wyoming
contact them to knw if yur to send yur confirmation

(1) (Reply)

10 Largest Monoliths In The World / Tax Clearance Certificate For Employee / Direction To Ekiti State From Abuja Needed Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.