Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN (22754 Views)

Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by iykak47: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2013
Okonjo Iweala is not Elrufai or Lai Muhammed, she is a serving minister, still some people who swear with Amadioha and Sango never to say anything good about GEJ government expected the woman to criticize(disgrace) the government she serves on CNN over Alamieyeseigha's pardon, despite that they know such controversial issue is not within her jurisdiction.

I wonder if Christiane Amanpour can invite Jack Lew the US secretary of the treasury and ask him about the North Korea's missiles or same s3x marriage

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by vislabraye(m): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2013
harmless011: some of you guys that will never see anything good in nigeria sorry for una ohhhhhh, there have been significant improvement in power supply unless you are living under the bridge.
Power supply is the only area that i can score gej high for now, though there is still room for improvement we will surely get there.
God bless Nigeria.

The power improvement is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.
The power is being rationed. At first I thought power had improved until now.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2013
sirfemoz: Having read the comments of my fellow citizens of this country, its now obvious that some of us are born liars/haters and lacks common sense. Some of us here expected this woman to go live on CNN and start voicing out how useless her country is. Atleast on thing i can vouch for her is that of electricity, where i stay i can boast of 20hrs of electricity daily. And so it is in some other places. If you electricity havn't improved in you area, don't come here and talk jibberish. Don't generalize it. Some of us here because of frustration and there hatred for government, they can never see anything good, and they can never appreciate anything good the government does. Lets not criticize with biased minds.Nigeria is gradually improving. Nigeria is gradually progressing. Slowly, we are getting there. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

In Port-Harcourt, From Rumuola just after Rivers State College of Arts and science, down to Rumukwuta, to Mgbougba, to Rumughaholu, to Rumudomaya is in total blackout. Even now, my Gen. Set is on. Please do you think people in this areas can vouch for Okonjo Iweala like you?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2013
Christine should interview Buhari on Nigeria Situation.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Product of a failed educational system.instead of bitching here,why not tell us the capacity of electricity generated in Nigeria as at date ? What's the point in having electricity in Lagos,Abuja and port harcourt when the whole North is in darkness ? Has Nigeria passed the 4000mw myth ?

Please not all parts of Port-Harcourt. Yet she was comparing us with South Africa. I mean you can't even compare us with Ghana. grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 17, 2013
JoBlè: I think u guyz are seeing this all wrong. Firstly,what's this craze abt Amanpour and her 'knowing more abt Nigeria than NOI'? Pls, she was jst doing her job.Did u xpect her to cross her legs,sip coffee and act like she didn't knw Nigeria existed? And I don't care if she is the best journalist that ever lived,it's she who lives in d house dt knows where it leaks. Secondly,of course she dodged the Alamesiya (4give d spelln)question! What would u ave her do? Tell d world that she thought her boss was a foolish and confused man? And make Nigeria lose d tiny respect we still ave? Finally,sumtimes we Nigerians criticize what we don't understand. What do you mean by invisible macroeconomic policies? Well,we ave to start sumwhere! Do u want her to go round dashing money? BTW, these invisible policies have helped many a country. *sighs* we really shld stop swallown what evri1 tells us abt our country. Well,I think she did okay.

Did you watch the interview ? If No,go and watch it before answering that by yourself.for foksake,she acknowledged that Nigeria has priavtized everything yet nothing seems to have changed.what difference has the billions of dollars spent on power since 2010 yield when the country can't still go beyond the 4000mw crap and the president talks on a live program and light went off ? shocked

Have you guys been brainwashed to maintain this status quo or what ? The other day,the FG is celebrating the renovation of rail tracks and trains that were constructed over 100 years ago by the colonial masters in this world of supersonic light rail and you guys keep saying we are coming up ? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by epitome86: 11:38am On Apr 17, 2013
Seunn11: Whenever I see this lady, I can't but think of two things...hahaha...
Puff puff and an amphibian... If you call the name, na you sabi.
Btw, FTC.
must u copy d whole txt b4 u coment, dekhikhi
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by yomalex(m): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2013
The Confessions of an Economic HitMan

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Please not all parts of Port-Harcourt. Yet she was comparing us with South Africa. I mean you can't even compare us with Ghana. grin

Lmao

Don't mind them;always blaming their predecessors for their woes but she's not telling us what happened to the billions allocated to the power sector since 2010 when jonathan came to power.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Product of a failed educational system.instead of bitching here,why not tell us the capacity of electricity generated in Nigeria as at date ? What's the point in h[b]aving electricity in Lagos,Abuja and port harcourt [/b]when the whole North is in darkness ? Has Nigeria passed the 4000mw myth ?

See who is talking!!! Isnt having electricity in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt called improvement, or are you so learned that you don't know the meaning of improvement?? Nobody said the (whole)country has access to power but that there was improvement in Power supply.

P.S. You must not always be a hater, it wouldn't kill you to appreciate it when a good deed or improvement is made. if you are more than 15yrs old then you must definetly know there have been improvement in power supply (during GEJ Adminstrtion) except you are in denial

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2013
jt2010:

Here is the answer you need. You just choose to read part of the report that suit your thinking but OKONJO-IWEALA clearly mention OBJ invested in electricity.

OKONJO-IWEALA: As you know, Nigeria became a democracy again when President Obasanjo came into power in 1999. Two decades prior to that, there was hardly any investment in electricity.

If you've neglected a sector for that long, you've not invested, you've not even maintained your basic facilities, it's not going to happen that fast. It takes time.
And in his 8yrs we couldn't attain 3000MW?
So hypocritical of you.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by vizboy(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2013
She did well with the interview i have to commend her for that unlike what GEJ spilled during his own interview.
But to be frank why does these western media like to paint Nigeria red? Abi is Nigeria the only country with corruption
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2013
iykak47: Okonjo Iweala is not Elrufai or Lai Muhammed, she is a serving minister, still some people who swear with Amadioha and Sango never to say anything good about GEJ government expected the woman to criticize(disgrace) the government she serves on CNN over Alamieyeseigha's pardon, despite that they know such controversial issue is not within her jurisdiction.

I wonder if Christiane Amanpour can invite Jack Lew the US secretary of the treasury and ask him about the North Korea's missiles or same s3x marriage

Best Comment i've seen on Nairaland...... Your Username 'iykak47' has been noted !!!

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by jt2010: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
And in his 8yrs we couldn't attain 3000MW?
So hypocritical of you.

Your source please?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by LADIbaba(m): 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
Well, our "oga at the top" should learn from this- its called tactful question answering...

eforce01: . i like how she cleverly avoided the alamiseya's pardon question, she just started talking and diverting the interview. Loyal to her oga@ the top .

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by danny301: 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
I have gone through the interview several times and frankly speaking i didn't see anything special apart from the unnecessary comparison in it .... I didn't see any uncommon display of intelligence and diction as i expected of know. ... Her responses lack articulation or unification and focus. I mean there were no clear-cut points in her answers as she was unable to drive home any particular point.... Let me not say that the woman is an overrated personality but suffice it is to say that i expected something more from her.

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
Everything this woman said is the truth and about the power problem i concur with her. The power sector has been neglected by past governments but to say the truth is hard for some peeps like eko ile, and the rest of them but deep inside their heart the know its the truth. Until we start telling ourselves the truth in this country then this country will still remain as it is.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by funnyx(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
danny301: I have gone through the interview several times and frankly speaking i didn't see anything special apart from the unnecessary comparison in it .... I didn't see any uncommon display of intelligence and diction as i expected of know. ... Her responses lack articulation or unification and focus. I mean there were no clear-cut points in her answers as she was unable to drive home any particular point.... Let me not say that the woman is an overrated personality but suffice it is to say that i expected something more from her.

Ngozi case is like that of a white sheep wining and dining with swines, she is doing herself no favour by working with this present govt, by the time she leaves she would have lost all her remaining reputation.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by iceprincess1: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
sirfemoz:
In Okota, Isolo LGA, Lagos state.. Ago palace way to be precise. Please, try and verify.. Thanks

I live in Ago palace way! Second container bus stop. Please there isn't light for 20hrs. Its either u are exaggerating or telling a blatant lie.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by vislabraye(m): 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
I'm not sure if the Finance minister is in the best position to comment about power issue.
Nigeria is a difficult country to defend.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by danny301: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
iykak47: Okonjo Iweala is not Elrufai or Lai Muhammed, she is a serving minister, still some people who swear with Amadioha and Sango never to say anything good about GEJ government expected the woman to criticize(disgrace) the government she serves on CNN over Alamieyeseigha's pardon, despite that they know such controversial issue is not within her jurisdiction.

With due respect, i like to say that Ngozi does not need be SA to the President to be able answer that question on Alamieye's pardon... The last time i checked she was the coordinating minister for economy.... I need to tell you that economic and political policies(decisions) are interwoven and as far as i know there is no dichotomy in the government. Nobody expected her to criticize govt policies on CNN but avoiding a very clear question and playing to the gallery only tells of a set of people lack sincerity and who only think protecting the positions in govt at the expense of the masses....In a responsible society, a big players Ngozi should be ready to take responsibilities for for every govt action or resign.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
sirfemoz: Having read the comments of my fellow citizens of this country, its now obvious that some of us are born liars/haters and lacks common sense. Some of us here expected this woman to go live on CNN and start voicing out how useless her country is. Atleast on thing i can vouch for her is that of electricity, where i stay i can boast of 20hrs of electricity daily. And so it is in some other places. If you electricity havn't improved in you area, don't come here and talk jibberish. Don't generalize it. Some of us here because of frustration and there hatred for government, they can never see anything good, and they can never appreciate anything good the government does. Lets not criticize with biased minds.Nigeria is gradually improving. Nigeria is gradually progressing. Slowly, we are getting there. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Bros Abeg tell me where you live.I wan pack come deh live for that area.God Bless you.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by JoBle(f): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
@danny301 As sumone rightly said, Nigeria is a difficult country to defend. It kind of makes it hard for her to 'dazzle' evrione without selling her conscience. Or maybe it might be that YOU held her in such high esteem and u feel she didn't 'represent' cuz I don't think she was supposed to say anything particularly intelligent. @funnyx ,are u trying to crucify d woman 4 deciding to help her country in the way she felt she could? Are u saying she was stupid for makn dt decision probably knowing her reputation was at stake? Chei,my people! You pple would ave been d first to accuse her of chopping money and nt caring abt Nigeria had she refused the appointment. Besides, I think she covered 4 all Nigerians nt only d govt. Afterall it's nt only d govt that's corrupt. 99.9% indeed! Most Nigerians won't give up corruption if given the chance.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by funnyx(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
JoBlè: @danny301 As sumone rightly said, Nigeria is a difficult country to defend. It kind of makes it hard for her to 'dazzle' evrione without selling her conscience. Or maybe it might be that YOU held her in such high esteem and u feel she didn't 'represent' cuz I don't think she was supposed to say anything particularly intelligent. @funnyx ,are u trying to crucify d woman 4 deciding to help her country in the way she felt she could? Are u saying she was stupid for makn dt decision probably knowing her reputation was at stake? Chei,my people! You pple would ave been d first to accuse her of chopping money and nt caring abt Nigeria had she refused the appointment. Besides, I think she covered 4 all Nigerians nt only d govt. Afterall it's nt only d govt that's corrupt. 99.9% indeed! Most Nigerians won't give up corruption if given the chance.
Crucifying the woman undecided how?
A lot of Nigerians including me respect NOI a lot but when your position becomes untenable its always good to leave when the ovation is the loudest.
If you read the excerpts of her interview it is very clear that she struggled to defend the activities of the govt of which she was part and parcel of, if she gives that same interview as an executive of a big international business or corporation I'm sure she'll have resigned by now but in Nigeria everything goes.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
liberty300: I stay in enugu and I say, yes, power has improved. She is a patriotic nigerian and defends nigeria's and nigerian interest. She told no lie in that interview she granted. If she did, pls point it out..

Like I said, save your lies and rubbish for your kind and laptop patrol squad..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by talktimi(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
bad belle people have said we should neverbe happy in this country especially if they're not the source of the happiness.
I advice the bad belle people to quietly solve the equation of their party registration, it isn't nuclear physics so I believe it shouldn't be hard for them...
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Elueme: 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile: What an embarrassment, even worse than elebel Jonathan abdul el reterdeen odechukwu's encounter with CNN.

Why lie to the CNN woman all over again like her OGA @ THE TOP did before? I bet the CNN woman shook her head at the fact that Nigerian leaders are all corrupt chronic and habitual liars..

smh..
You are just a sadist and I am not surprise at your poo considering your status on nairaland. It's obvious you didn't watch the interview for reasons known to you but I did and I am saying unequivocally that are presentation was great. I don't know when your likes will win disciples for the interest you represent because your persistent parochialism and amateurish disposition gonna put some who might have been naturally sympathetic to your course off. You should learn honour by knowing the golden rule of public relations as patriots to always try not to bring your country down before foreign media and the world, better be non- committal. This is my grudge with ACN and why I will relocate to Gambia than see Lia Mohammed and Tinubu rule this nation. Neither do I praise the rogues in PDP but I have come to understand that a man is not viewed differently from the way his country is viewed irrespective of how saintly you may pretend to be.

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
Elueme: You are just a sadist and I am not surprise at your poo considering your status on nairaland. It's obvious you didn't watch the interview for reasons known to you but I did and I am saying unequivocally that are presentation was great. I don't know when your likes will win disciples for the interest you represent because your persistent parochialism and amateurish disposition gonna put some who might have been naturally sympathetic to your course off. You should learn honour by knowing the golden rule of public relations as patriots to always try not to bring your country down before foreign media and the world, better be non- committal. This is my grudge with ACN and why I will relocate to Gambia than see Lia Mohammed and Tinubu rule this nation. Neither do I praise the rogues in PDP but I have come to understand that a man is not viewed differently from the way his country is viewed irrespective of how saintly you may pretend to be.

I hope you don pack your bag, pure water and akpu for your journey..

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Elueme: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Did you watch the interview ? If No,go and watch it before answering that by yourself.for foksake,she acknowledged that Nigeria has priavtized everything yet nothing seems to have changed.what difference has the billions of dollars spent on power since 2010 yield when the country can't still go beyond the 4000mw crap and the president talks on a live program and light went off ? shocked

Have you guys been brainwashed to maintain this status quo or what ? The other day,the FG is celebrating the renovation of rail tracks and trains that were constructed over 100 years ago by the colonial masters in this world of supersonic light rail and you guys keep saying we are coming up ? shocked
If I may ask you, can you point at one thing you have achieved for Nigeria other than CRITICISE and discredit those who maybe making efforts ? That is the problem with your likes. Spewing rubbish and disparaging the people in authority won't change the fortune of our dear nation but our collective individual effort could. The biggest problem is the fact that your zeal maybe embedded in representing a primordial interest such as being sympathetic to a political party hence nothing good can come out of your perceived enemies( some people need some head checks)

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
Elueme: If I may ask you, can you point at one thing you have achieved for Nigeria other than CRITICISE and discredit those who maybe making efforts ? That is the problem with your likes. Spewing rubbish and disparaging the people in authority won't change the fortune of our dear nation but our collective individual effort could. The biggest problem is the fact that your zeal maybe embedded in representing a primordial interest such as being sympathetic to a political party hence nothing good can come out of your perceived enemies( some people need some head checks)

The most retar.ded question ever. Is he the president of Nigeria? Are you paying him as a public official?

You people no dey make sense sha.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by JoBle(f): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
@funnyx Sorry I misread ur statement. No insult intended. Truce?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Elueme: 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

I hope you don pack your bag, pure water and akpu for your journey..

You are really funny. I read your garbage anytime am less busy and at times it's difficult to comment because of the level of critical thinking, objectivity and reasoning on the forum. But suffice I say that you and some other folks have been too consistent at attacking anything that has to do with the present government but are so quick to shout uhuru when it bears on Tinubu and cohorts cum ACN/APC( it calls for suspicion). You are at liberty to have an interest but declare your nomenclature rather than hiding in the cloak of a social commentator to misinform some low thinkers like you.( insult not intended). You are not as pained as I am with the fate of our country and continent and you probably couldn't have made 1/4 th effort some of us have made to attempt a change in the polity but the Nigerian state is complex. We are making progress though we deserve to be better, you guys just acknowledge the stalk reality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Currently Attacking Dikwa In Borno / Sanwo-Olu To Commission Agege Pen Cinema Bridge Tomorrow / Fulani Herdsmen: Oyedepo Describes Buhari’s Government As "Bloodthirsty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.